Page 425 of 430 FirstFirst ... 325375415420423424425426427 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,500 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seems Mercury had a Semblance, but apparently his dad had All For One or something and stole it. Tyrian's tail is neat, but it's also confusing since we saw back in episode 3 or 4 (can't remember which) when the Em/Merc/Haz arrived back we saw him with a normal tail and the robotic tip; now that it's fully robotic it feels odd.

The big point of the episode though was definitely the part with the statue. Seen some theories going on as to who the woman might be, but I'll stick to the common thread of Mom since there's really no need to make a conspiracy theory out of the moment right now and Mom makes the most sense out of possible identities.

The plan to get to Atlas is pretty damn risky, as the plan I had thought would go would be as stowaways; though admittedly a party of like... 9 or 10 at this point would be a bit difficult to pull off in that way. I get the feeling someone isn't making the trip and getting arrested.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Episode 10: Well, their plan went bad really quick. I didn't expect Adam come back so suddenly.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Also, that pretty much gives weight to the theory that Blake and Yang weren't hallucinating Adam back on the cutting of the train car and at Brunswick Farms. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Anyone else here watched Episode 11 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    tagging for possible spoils for V6 C11
    Also apparently that new 'eyemask' is one of Blake's old ribbons that she used to hide the cat ears in the past.

...Yeah that's not creepy at all. Going to tag it just in case of spoils for next chapter; haven't seen it, but I'm wondering if that is mentioned there, saw it on a review show I watched last night.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    tagging for possible spoils for V6 C11
    Also apparently that new 'eyemask' is one of Blake's old ribbons that she used to hide the cat ears in the past.

...Yeah that's not creepy at all. Going to tag it just in case of spoils for next chapter; haven't seen it, but I'm wondering if that is mentioned there, saw it on a review show I watched last night.
    Spoiler:
    It could be, but I don't know about that.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Episode 11: This episode was so awesome. The group fight with the giant robot, and Yang and Blake fights against Adam was just amazing. I didn't expect him to have brand on his face, especially over his eye. That's just too cruel.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I was wondering what was going to happen to the bike though. Kind of felt it wasn't going to be making the trip, but damn that's brutal.

Also I can already see how this volume is going to end, or at least what the major contents of the final two episodes will be (thank you Twitter spoilers for 12, argh)

Late edit: Also only just noticed that the brand over Adam's eye reads SDC for Schnee Dust Company. :|

predictions for ch's 13 and 14
    With the citizens of Argus all spooked and scared by the Pacific Rim Bot and earthquake in Ch. 11, pretty sure we're going to have Grimm approach/attack the town just after the kids disable the bot. They'll have to make a decision: Leave on the airship and leave Argus to its fate, or take responsibility for the fact they were the cause of all of this and turn back to save the town, doing so but will have to submit to Atlas forces after everything is over. And we all know which choice will be made, heheh.
    Last edited by Kratosirving; January 22nd, 2019 at 03:01 AM.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    At this point, expect Ironwood/Winter Ex Machina to let them go to Atlas by the end of it...

Blog Entries
    Hm. Well I was only spoiled with the end of the Blake/Yang/Adam fight, so didn't know that the Grimm were going to start approaching at the end of 12 here, but my predictions for the last two chapters remain I think. Sure Corda might clear her head a bit and let them leave after defending Argus, but I guess we'll see in two weeks with 14. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Well, the Volume finale was released, and Ruby used her Silver Eyes consciously for the second time, and against the Leviathan. That scene was truly on point. In addition, it's nice Cordo came to her senses and killed the thing, also letting the group go to Atlas. In addition, Atlas did look like a nice vista, though the ready position of the fleet was a little disturbing.

Blog Entries
    ...Damn twitter, i should really remember to stay off of it on Saturdays with RWBY, lol.

Not to give anything away though, but seems this volume ends with Ch. 13, not 14 after all, so next week publicly will be the last of it we have until Octoberish.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Episode 12: Now that was intense. And of course, right when they need that giant robot, it won't be able to help.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Spoiler:
    For those who watched the finale yesterday, though this is a bit late, was anyone else absolutely blown away by Indomitable? I can't wait for the full release.

I can’t tell which volume I found more boring, this or Volume 4.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    I can’t tell which volume I found more boring, this or Volume 4.
    I didn't mind either, since they had a goal they were going towards and had character and world building in between. Volume 5 had a main conflict that was really limp and fights that were so stiff they felt like watching a JRPG.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    My thoughts on the volume so far, without seeing the finale:

In terms of narrative, V6 has definitely felt like more of a setup volume, with the horror arc being a very odd deviation now that I'm looking back at things. It was cool and felt self-contained when it happened, but when you compare it in terms of the series as a whole it feels quite out of place. I mean sure it's nice to have the potential of The Apathy returning at just the right time to continue being such an unusual threat, but like the rest of the Grimm (that we've seen so far) they themselves also feel out of place.

Animation though, this volume improved leaps and bounds. Still not up to Monty's old standards though, which is still a glaring issue now that it's been 3 years since he unfortunately passed, considering the spare bits of animation that were brought in to be a basis on Adam's movements in the encounter against Blake and Yang. Even so, it has been very impressive, and many things from camera work, sound design, and the various roles and people playing them in the fight against Cordovan and the giant Mech was enjoyable to see for me.

Compared to the other Maya volumes (4 and 5 of course) 6 has been a vast improvement in most areas, but character development, model animation and the narrative as a whole needs to step up even further if the series is to continue to grow.

One last note though: I've seen some people be annoyed that Adam was killed off the way he was. (Personally I think there's still a slim chance that he survived that fall since the body disappeared over the cliff along with his sword, but the visceral bone crunch of him hitting that part of the cliff on the way down leans more weight to him being written off now.) I feel that Adam's character served his purpose as a dual trauma for both Blake and Yang, and really had no purpose going forward other than for them to overcome him so I'm fine with him dying. Not saying he was ever written as well as he could have been, but I think at this point that with his purpose served and his one-sided character in the dumpster as it was, it was probably easier to just get rid of the character rather than to keep him in reserve to come back in another volume. Hopefully this means we'll see a more interesting antagonist introduced going forward, preferably not affiliated with Salem.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Adam fall the the same way Cinder did last season? Like I said, no body, no death.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Indeed, which is why I'm not definitely saying that Adam is dead. I think he is because of him breaking his back and/or neck upon falling off the cliff. Coupled with a pair of deep stab wounds at center mass, and I'd lean more on him being dead than alive. More so than Cinder at the end of V5 anyhow, I think almost no one was fooled into thinking she wouldn't be back. :3

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Adam's character was ruined from Volume 4 onwards. It was a Mercy Kill at that point.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!