Page 428 of 430 FirstFirst ... 328378418423426427428429430 LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Only now just watched #5
    • More cringe/saturday morning 'toon stuff. More shippery.
    • They really are team JNOR now?
    • Jaune could use a waifu. Oz ur ass is in danger.
    • The uke of Qrow intensifies.
    • Is... Robyn supposed to be portrayed in a negative light? The opening feels the opposite.
    • Cloaking devices or semblence? Cloaking seems too high tech for the Mantle peasants...
    • Desu flags. Weiss, wub ur neesama while you can.
    • ... wat. Was the plan to have the rioters be pro Schnee here? because it doesn't look like it. Was he ever popular with the peasantry?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Think the team is eventually going to be called ORNJ for Orange or something along those lines, at least if they're going to stick to coherent acronyms.

Will admit though, for a show that was aiming to be "the first real Western Anime", having so many cartoonish sound effects and situations is pretty offputting. I don't mind them at the time of a first watch, but in subsequent views and dissecting them, it really starts to grate.

Think Robyn is supposed to be portrayed as a "Mantle first" kind of leader, but one that recognizes that she still has to maintain some sort of relations with Atlas, wanting answers to legitimate questions. ...Though if she's supposed to be a Robin Hood allegory, I'm sure she'll have or will commit her own offenses against the Atlas leadership.

Rioters I don't think are meant to really be on anyone's side at the moment, just that they're all at the breaking point and fed up with the string of bullshit being perpetuated by those in Atlas whom don't live amongst them.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Rioters I don't think are meant to really be on anyone's side at the moment, just that they're all at the breaking point and fed up with the string of bullshit being perpetuated by those in Atlas whom don't live amongst them.
    What's up with those rioters priorities though? They just saw that the Schnee building is closed and Papa Schnee is taking his ball and going home, so they decide to start tipping cars and breaking tv's? Why not loot the hell out of that Schnee building instead? If the bank screws you, you don't wreck a grocery store next door.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Actual riots are pure chaos, people essentially thinking "everything has gone to shit, so who cares if I break ____ too?" There are no real priorities there, just everyone caught up in the madness with the Joker mentality of seeing everything burn. :|

Though to be fair we've only seen the very start of the riot. Somehow I doubt that when Ch.6 is public that we'll see a continuation of it, more likely we'll come right back in to the end of it with a crowd of people arrested.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not the rioting itself that bugs me, it's the opening violence. You hate this guy enough to smash the tv he's on, but after that you start flipping cars instead of trashing his very valuable business, across the damn road, where you were going to buy stuff from before you saw that broadcast? The guy even walked back across the street to grab the trashcan. I was thinking to myself "Oh damn, he's just going to bust open a window and take it himself now, huh.", but nope, back across the street a third time to hurt a screen.

They probably wanted the shot of Jacques breaking apart on the screen, but I think it would be even better to have his speech continue as across the street his building was being vandalized, to show how disconnected he was from the real world.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I got the impression that it was lashing out against Schnee, so not exactly good for his ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Think the team is eventually going to be called ORNJ for Orange or something along those lines, at least if they're going to stick to coherent acronyms.
    I thought the first letter was always the team lead?

But then I haven't paid that much attention to every team name. By JNOR I was referring to 'Junior/JNRR' that didn't work before.

Blog Entries
    The first letter has referred to the team leader in every respect that I can think of, yes. Maybe it will stay Junior, idk. :3

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    ...Oh dear. There's surely many people up in arms about Ch. 6, for many potential different reasons I'd say. That hit so many different threads that I'm not sure where to start, or whether I like it or hate it. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Huh, thinking about it...

Spoiler:
    Penny could make JNR into JNPR again...
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikigod784 View Post
    Huh, thinking about it...

Spoiler:
    Penny could make JNR into JNPR again...
    meep
    That's true, and a possibility I never actually considered with Oscar hanging around. Than again, with the fact that Penny's story obviously centers on Pinocchio and the Staff of Creation is likely something that can accomplish that... perhaps its a possibility that I should have realized sooner. :O

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Finally caught back up with the show after seeing 7 and 8 today, I guess I really should have made the connection between Pietro and Watts earlier. Heh. Watts literally is Dr. Wily.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Episode 12: Good choreography on some fights, but the way we got to the fights and the dialogue was stupid. I just want to juxtapose a picture of Harriet letting Ruby ride on her back in their first episode working together and what was said in this episode.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Ruby: We will Stop you
    Salem: I killed your mom
    Ruby:* breakdown sobbing*

I will never attempt to trust a rousing speach from her again

I also have no fucking idea why Qrow thought it be a good idea to team up with a Pyschopath who works for the Devil instead of either callinga truce with Clover or at least leaving the fight a 3-way.

I also wanted to play some yakkity sax to the whole chase sequence with Neo. Everything about it came off extremely goofy.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    Ruby: We will Stop you
    Salem: I killed your mom
    Ruby:* breakdown sobbing*

I will never attempt to trust a rousing speach from her again

I also have no fucking idea why Qrow thought it be a good idea to team up with a Pyschopath who works for the Devil instead of either callinga truce with Clover or at least leaving the fight a 3-way.

I also wanted to play some yakkity sax to the whole chase sequence with Neo. Everything about it came off extremely goofy.
    Wasn't that less about "teaming up" and more he was trying to defend himself from the guy who was attacking him and Tyrian jumped at the opportunity to have one of them dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Like when two guys are trying to kill you, its kind of hard to divide your attention

No. Tyrion suggest getting Ace Op dude out of the way so he and Qrow can settle their score from Vol. 4.

Clover’s order was to arrest Qrow and not kill him. Even then, it would have made more sense to keep trying to convince him to stop fighting him versus trusting a psychopath who almost poisoned you to death.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well I called it. At least the maiden bit. I guess the invasion part could still be true, but it will have to wait a year to find out.

Blog Entries
    Watched S7 on a whim yesterday
    its kinda weird, the outline of the story was actually good but moronic characters and writing kinda managed to ruin it
    that and a core issue of pointless fights with no proper setup
    season still kinda worked thanks to a bunch of the good scenes and mostly because the plot retardation is contained within last 2-3 episodes

US Friend Code
    Why do all the headmasters have serious personality defects so far? Also, Qrow not dying is a pleasant surprise despite all the shit he's going through.

I like that Cinder is unwittingly coming off as a bigger threat than she actually is half the time.

Now in a retarded twist, Summer did a heel turn and will show up as an antagonist in S8 finale. But don't worry! Neo eventually does a face turn as well. lol
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    decided to add this to watch list so
    • Despite upping the tension, music direction, the plot gymnastics really require brain off.
      Action is back up to past standard at least.
    • After all that veering away from darkside he crashes right back into it with one extra event. After aligning with Robin, then complaining about the leak, going hard dictator. Geez.
    • And both Qrow and Fisherman. Really? Letting off or even fighting alongside the dangerous psychopathic enemy agent in favour of fighting each other?
    • Team J for leaving the kid behind.
    • People predicted it. But eh, I'm not objecting to the botmaiden.
    • Winter always with the icequeenness.
      But hotdamn I knew she'd be hot with her hair down.
    • If this were like other shows - the heroes bail out and everyone left behind p much ded.
      Though I guess Ironwood could still do the exile in upper atmo plan

eh? Things are worse off than before? I guess they're pushing this to be a long running series.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the last episodes kinda veered hard out of the good quality zone now that I actually think about it. Though Qrow teaming up with Tyrion was sheer nonsense even while I was watching.

…I disagree with Jaune’s new hair.

Vic is gone. I guess he couldn’t just behave himself. I guess that might be it for him as one of The Usual Voice Actors. I’ll pray that they let him voice Kurtz if a FMP5 comes out. And then good riddance. Damn shame.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.