Page 419 of 430 FirstFirst ... 319369409414417418419420421424429 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh it definitely wouldn't have worked but she was so absorbed in her spearing that Jaune could have taken a swing rather than dropping his sword and stumbling across the room to Weiss.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Weiss gets the shitty treatment. I mean let's look. Got a scar, mistreated by her family after their mother passed. (Well, Winter does not count because she is doing what is best for her family and teaching her sister the hard life or was it tough love. I forgot.)

Bitchslapped by her Father. Lost her Schnee privilege to her brother. gets kicked and imprisoned by Raven, getting her ass kicked by Vernal (Well, It's a Maiden who's not even using her full strength but hangs out with Raven so I guess Weiss gets roflstomped. and I assumed Vernal has more experience) and then later gets speared by Cinder. The poor girl suffered enough.

And the even worse part, Weiss was Jaune's school crush.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    tagging just in case of spoilers, dunno
    Hey, nothing like having the other girl you've pined for hitting critical condition to awaken the semblance. At least that's what I'm assuming is happening in 12, considering the speculation for YEARS that Jaune has a healing semblance and now this situation happens. Feels a bit too obvious. :|

(Still pissed off at Cinder's casual toss of magma spear too.)
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    dumb scripting, dull action, choreography and ending on that.

This thing get more disappoint as time goes on

- - - Updated - - -

Did he actually just fall over and completely miss his one slash that turned into a dive?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    If you meant Jaune there with your last statement, I would have loved for him to have slashed. Unfortunately he tried to stab Cinder through the head because of stupidity. Horizontal slash would have likely been much more effective.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Dropping the spoilerboxes?

Well, it looked to me like it came slashing horizontally to crack the mask. Then the next shot is Jaune sailing forward like it was a lunge.

It's like they forgot momentum and how objects move half this ep.

Blog Entries
    11 has been out for a few days now; I tend to tag stuff like that for the first day or so and than drop them afterward.

Whatever that attack was, it sucked. Straight up lunge without keeping his center of gravity stable. Even if that attack had pierced straight through and killed Cinder instantly, he would have fallen on top of her. I know the man is supposed to be shit at combat, but he's been training himself pretty hard for a while now and really should be able to move better than that by now. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

To be fair, I doubt he was thinking reasonably at the time.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Thinking reasonably (or failing to) is one thing, muscle memory for movement as a trained warrior should be another. Inconsistencies abound indeed, or they conveniently forgot it for the setup on what followed with him speech and than the Olaf moment.

Either way the animators have come far with using Maya these past couple of years, but they obviously have a LOT more room to improve upon in some aspects. At least I can watch 12 here in a couple of hours and hopefully see some resolution from 11.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Thinking reasonably (or failing to) is one thing, muscle memory for movement as a trained warrior should be another. Inconsistencies abound indeed, or they conveniently forgot it for the setup on what followed with him speech and than the Olaf moment.
    That's fair, you do make a good point.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I try not to shit on things too hard with RWBY, but some things do have to be called out on. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thinking reasonably (or failing to) is one thing, muscle memory for movement as a trained warrior should be another.
    It is Jaune though. If anyone is going to suck it's the guy who lied his way in with no training, no magic powers, and no background knowledge.

Blog Entries
    Vol.5 Ch.12 spoiler thoughts
    As what was becoming blatantly obvious, Jeane's semblance is indeed a healing or aura restorative type, continuing his progression toward the saint that his namesake is of. Would have been a nice twist if it was related to something with flames, but going the paladin route and staying a white knight works too.

Hazel shoving Dust crystals into his arms and powering up is pretty rad, won't lie. However, his motivation for hating Ozpin is disappointingly mundane. Sister got killed at Beacon because she wanted to become a Huntress? Come the fuck on, thathas to be one of the most common reasons to die in this world and shouldn't be motivation for ANYONE. Also, seeing Ozpin do the full unwanted possession ala YGO to fight effectively shows how much room Oscar has to grow as a fight. Damn.

Seeing Ruby/Yang vs Mercury/Emerald will hopefully be better, and Ruby's ending line of "...No. I'm angry." was legitimately a good line.

Lastly, that twist. Will admit it got me, well done CRWBY. Classic misdirection in the camera work. RIP Vernal though, shame that she was ultimately only written in to die like that and reveal Raven as Spring.

That does give the theory of each member of team RWBY eventually all becoming the maidens new life though. Ruby would eventually get Fall from Cinder, Yang will get Spring from Raven, Weiss will become Winter from Winter most likely (topical lul) and Blake will get Summer from someone in Vacuo I would imagine since I don't think anyone we currently know will be revealed as Summer anytime soon. Anyhow, will be looking forward to how the season ends with the last two episodes. Have to imagine Blake and the Menegerie Faunus show up very soon to stop the Fang's bombs, but whether anyone else dies or not idk. Perhaps Mercury?

Lastly, a certain someone approves of the nod that was given.

Last edited by Kratosirving; January 13th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Vol.5 Ch.12 spoiler thoughts
    As what was becoming blatantly obvious, Jeane's semblance is indeed a healing or aura restorative type, continuing his progression toward the saint that his namesake is of. Would have been a nice twist if it was related to something with flames, but going the paladin route and staying a white knight works too.

Hazel shoving Dust crystals into his arms and powering up is pretty rad, won't lie. However, his motivation for hating Ozpin is disappointingly mundane. Sister got killed at Beacon because she wanted to become a Huntress? Come the fuck on, thathas to be one of the most common reasons to die in this world and shouldn't be motivation for ANYONE. Also, seeing Ozpin do the full unwanted possession ala YGO to fight effectively shows how much room Oscar has to grow as a fight. Damn.

Seeing Ruby/Yang vs Mercury/Emerald will hopefully be better, and Ruby's ending line of "...No. I'm angry." was legitimately a good line.

Lastly, that twist. Will admit it got me, well done CRWBY. Classic misdirection in the camera work. RIP Vernal though, shame that she was ultimately only written in to die like that and reveal Raven as Spring.

That does give the theory of each member of team RWBY eventually all becoming the maidens new life though. Ruby would eventually get Fall from Cinder, Yang will get Spring from Raven, Weiss will become Winter from Winter most likely (topical lul) and Blake will get Summer from someone in Vacuo I would imagine since I don't think anyone we currently know will be revealed as Summer anytime soon. Anyhow, will be looking forward to how the season ends with the last two episodes. Have to imagine Blake and the Menegerie Faunus show up very soon to stop the Fang's bombs, but whether anyone else dies or not idk. Perhaps Mercury?

Lastly, a certain someone approves of the nod that was given.

Spoiler:
    I didn't see that twist at the end coming either.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Episode 13 thoughts

In no particular order:

-So Jaune isn't a healer but more of a power battery/supercharger. I guess that lets him be more of a frontliner than normal white mages.
    -Another episode of bad choreography. Mercury, the Capoeria fighter, decides to punch his unarmed opponent, and is does nothing else but attempt to disarm Yang (again with the hands). Emerald is non-existant. Apparently both stop their respective fights in order to look at the otehr stuff going on in the room, rather than sneak attacking their distracted opponents.
    -Nora v Hazel could have been good if they had given it time, rather than a single attack, a counter and then a opponent switch.
    -Adam goes out like a bitch
    -Rather than help her teammates fighting highly skilled and dangerous foes, Blake goes to help the police take care of the eight or so minor terrorists against an army.
    -Spring v Autumn goes from pretty good, to cheap dragon ball superspeed fights, to even stupider dragon ball light shows, to another good set piece that's so stupid and over the top (and feels like it was ripped out of Bayonetta) that its good again.
    -No body = Villian's still alive. Maybe with freezerburns this time. Or she'll be like cyborg Freiza next time.

So like five minutes of good, wrapped in ten of "Ugh".

Blog Entries
    Bit of a wall o' text here, as well as being spoilery.

Ch. 13 thoughts and discussion
    Yeah this episode is going to primarily be remembered for the Maiden fight, no question. A lot of stuff that seems inspired from other series seems somewhat out of place with RWBY, but considering we've never seen a proper fight with people in this world that have abilities that go so far outside of the established norm it comes out alright. Also it sets the standard for future fights involving Maidens and non-Maidens with equivalent power, as well as Salem or Ozpin eventually.

As for the rest of the episode, Jaune's semblance isn't healing per se; more like expending his own Aura to supercharge someone else. As Aura is what heals wounds this simulates that effect, but also appears to have battle implications. At least that's what I'm getting with Weiss pulling out the Queen Lancer as a summon, but more on that in a bit.

So Hazel's semblance is IGNORE PAIN! Goddamn, I was really looking forward to Hazel being an intriguing character in terms of depth, but he's got the most boring motivation and semblance I could have come up with. He's essentially Bane, that's it. Massive letdown. Doesn't mean he's not fun to see charge around like a Berserker, but that kind of character slot is better suited for a fodder mook so I'm not convinced that Hazel will be a relevant threat from Salem's organization for too long in the future. Seeing Nora get the electric charge from him was as fun as was expected, and sending him flying outside where we transitioned to Adam and the White Fang was a nice touch.

Than we get to Blake appearing to try and get Adam and his followers to stand down. To be honest... it started great, with the speech, the many other Faunus from Menagerie appearing alongside Blake, Sun, Bagherra, the Mistral Police arriving in an airship as well to arrest them. Even Adam's response to try and detonate the bombs to kill everyone there, followed up by him lashing out in desperation to slice Blake and than get smacked down for it.

...And that's when the scene became a massive disappointment for me. Despite Adam's followers clearly shocked and confused that their leader was about to blow them all up about 10 seconds ago, they immediately follow his orders to 'kill everyone there' when they are vastly outnumbered and outgunned. Followed up with only our important characters in the scene (Bagherra, Sun, Blake and Illya) taking care of most of the 9 other Fang members, and it completely took the piss out of the whole need for the Faunus militia. Sure they'll still be needed for Volume 6 and potentially beyond when the rest of the Fang learn what happened at Haven Academy and that their leader has been arrested, but it felt like they were just there to be shown and nothing else. Feel like it could have gone two other ways; the Fang members stand down because they know they have no way out, or don't want to fight friends and family as at least ONE of them noticed, or have the Faunus militia actually be the ones to charge in and take them out.

Hazel meanwhile gets impaled and dragged back into the school building by the previously mentioned Queen Lancer stinger from Weiss, and we finally get all 4 members of Team RWBY back in one place for a few brief moments. Yang than makes her break for the Vault elevator in the confusion, slipping past Emerald and detaching her arm to get past Mercury with Weiss as backup. The Blake/Ruby headnods will probably annoy some people, but the message to each other was clear to me: 'Go do what you have to do, we'll catch up after this is over.'

Back to the Vault, I'll bypass the Maiden battle since I described enough of it up above and it really needs to be seen to evaluate your own opinion of it. The end was neat to see that Vernal wasn't dead but was at the door (both Death's and the Vault's ironically) and was able to get a shot off on Cinder from behind, giving Raven an opening to slam her with a Maiden-empowered fist (I apologize but I honestly can't think of a better way to describe it at the moment) that sends her flying off the side of the vault and down into the abyss, with Raven freezing her solid as payback for what happened at the end of the previous episode.

That whole ending was nice and poetic, but the pacing was off with how that kicked off. The delay from when Raven told Cinder to 'watch her back' and Vernal finally firing the shot was agonizing and far too long for the impact that was supposed to have. Still, animation delays have always been a staple with RWBY, and until they fix that on a regular basis the action sequences will never be that amazing.

Raven than says a few words for Vernal after she finally expires and closes her eyes, and than opens the Vault door revealing a truly unexpected scene: A desert world that may or may not be Vacuo with what appears to be a chalice of water on an altar. (I personally don't believe it is Vacuo, otherwise someone could have eventually come across this suspicious looking vessel on a pedestal in the middle of the desert) No clear shot of what the relic actually is, but considering we know it is the relic of Creation, something water-related isn't too hard to speculate. Also my mind immediately flashed to the Mortal Kombat movie and the terrible line of 'USE THE ELEMENT WHICH BRINGS LIFE!' so you know... that's a thing. But before she can step through, Yang arrives to confront her mother and the episode ends on that. *Edit, it's the Relic of Knowledge so everything I just stated there is moot.*

So, what to process from all of this? The fight in the schoolroom seems reset to Ruby, Weiss, Ren, Nora, Jaune, Qrow and Ozpin/Ozcar vs Emerald, Mercury, Hazel and Lionheart. Big numbers advantage there, so it feels obvious which way that should go, especially given the other things I'm about to list. The White Fang is down, captured and arrested by the Faunus from Menagerie and the Mistral Police, Cinder has Fallen, (Come on, I had to get in one pun from that obvious bait) the Relic of Knowledge has been revealed and unlocked, and Mother and Daughter are about to confront each other for it.

Given that so many things went the good guys' way, (or to be more correct, against all of the antagonists) I'd say that the other shoe is likely to drop in the Vol. 5 finale, and HARD. We never actually saw Cinder 'die' so I'm certain she'll come roaring back and potentially kill Raven, with the Maiden power moving to Yang and everyone will squee like crazy. Adam is likely going to find some way out of his predicament or at least kill someone important in the cast before he's finally subdued, and something bad still has to happen in the main room of the school since Qrow and his bad luck is still there. Or maybe the last episode will be all sunshine and rainbows, who knows. Personally, I think we're in for a roller coaster.
    Last edited by Kratosirving; January 17th, 2018 at 10:09 PM.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

The new episode was so amazing, I just wish there were more fights.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Considering that the only action sequence that felt like a proper fight or battle was the Raven/Cinder one, I'd prefer to see much less until someone that can animate these models at a higher level is brought on, or until the existing team evolves to be able to do that. Even with all of its flaws and limitations in using Poser, the series was great for its fights in the first two seasons because Monty was god-tier in making them look decent or good, but the progression in that area has stalled ever since. Too many notable pauses in action sequences, cutting away at poor times, what is shown tends to be one/two clashes and than separate or cut away again, etc.

Story and character development has been very strong though, and that's the reason I continue to watch. Maiden fight was a great surprise and it is much appreciated, but that needs to be the base level of animation for fights from now on since they raised the bar that high. Have yet to see Vol.5 finale so dunno if there's anything new but I would expect not too much action after blowing their load on that Maiden battle.

Here's to hoping that the show continues to grow in all regards though.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    I will say on the whole Hazel disappointment, that I was expecting his revenge quest would be directly related to Ozpin. I honestly figured the reason was because his loved one was a former host of Ozpin's. Sadly that was not to be.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Volume 5: The Disappoint Continues

Adam's gone real Kylo Ren huh?

Direction continues to be kinda poor.

On action - it's almost like everyone's gotten depowered just so that the Maidens get to look more awesome in comparison.