Page 423 of 430 FirstFirst ... 323373413418421422423424425428 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Let the man watch whatever he likes. I am not a First, but I don't mind being spoiled and even seek spoilers out. I don't like surprises much, even when they are good.
    Then you can just collapse the spoiler tag. Believe me, I am like that too and can't resist spoiling myself. However, to respect the feelings of those who don't think that way, let's just use spoiler tags and give them the option of not seeing spoilers.

Episode 3:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Now you see it? Welcome to the club.

Also, regarding Episode 4:
    Spoiler:
    Seriously, I get RWBYQ are upset, but seriously their reactions were a bit too much. Qrow decked Oscar in the face and Yang called him a bastard, and the whole group shamed him to the point where he retreated so deep in Oscar's mind even Oscar has no clue where he is or what he's doing. And then there's how Qrow brutally shut down Ruby's attempt to comfort Oscar. That was beyond the pale. Also, Yang is a grandstanding hypocritical piece of shit, and Maria delivered several sick burns on her. Finally, Salem's anger was certainly something to behold.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    No they weren't. If anything they took it way better than anyone should have. The fact that ozpin actually has no plan of action, with neither Salem nor the gods makes his entire situation of pure fucking pointlessness.

He wasn't cursed, he chose to come back

He ignored the warnings to stay away from Salem. Note, she was perfectly content to stay alone and impotent in a fucking shack before he strolled up.

He indulged her in trying to unify the world under them and then got cold feet.

In so doing he basically turned her malice onto the planet as a whole

And he has no fucking plan.

Like fuck that guy.

Now Raven and Hazel's sides make 100% sense because he was twiddling his thumb doing fuck all. AND KNEW HE WAS DOING FUCK ALL

They all have right to be absolutely livid at him. Yes including Yang because nothing she knows is actually important, while everything he knew completely recontextualizes the entire conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Spoiler:
    No they weren't. If anything they took it way better than anyone should have. The fact that ozpin actually has no plan of action, with neither Salem nor the gods makes his entire situation of pure fucking pointlessness.

He wasn't cursed, he chose to come back

He ignored the warnings to stay away from Salem. Note, she was perfectly content to stay alone and impotent in a fucking shack before he strolled up.

He indulged her in trying to unify the world under them and then got cold feet.

In so doing he basically turned her malice onto the planet as a whole

And he has no fucking plan.

Like fuck that guy.

Now Raven and Hazel's sides make 100% sense because he was twiddling his thumb doing fuck all. AND KNEW HE WAS DOING FUCK ALL

They all have right to be absolutely livid at him. Yes including Yang because nothing she knows is actually important, while everything he knew completely recontextualizes the entire conflict.
    Spoiler:
    No they don't. Raven and Hazel are still absolutely stupid assholes, and no, I don't believe RWBY has right to be absolutely livid. Moreover, does Ozpin lacking a plan really matter that much? With his holding action, he kept humanity alive for millennia and allowed it to grow and prosper into what it is today, and his sacrifices and those of his people allowed for that survival, so it wasn't pointless. In addition, choice is a very strong word to describe Ozma's coming back. He was strongly encouraged to go back by the God of Light, and GoL dangled in front of him Salem's continued survival and the threat of Remnant's destruction if humanity doesn't shape up. Also, can you blame him for going to Salem? He was human, and he loved her still, so that, despite being facepalm worthy, makes some sense. Also, there was a glimmer of hope when the two started a family, but Salem honestly ruined that when their daughters showed signs of magic. Oz tried to warn her, but she refused to listen.

Finally, Yang does have an important secret in that she is covering for Raven, and she's the most upset that Ozpin is hiding things, thus making her a dumb hypocrite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Spoiler:
    No they don't. Raven and Hazel are still absolutely stupid assholes, and no, I don't believe RWBY has right to be absolutely livid. Moreover, does Ozpin lacking a plan really matter that much? With his holding action, he kept humanity alive for millennia and allowed it to grow and prosper into what it is today, and his sacrifices and those of his people allowed for that survival, so it wasn't pointless. In addition, choice is a very strong word to describe Ozma's coming back. He was strongly encouraged to go back by the God of Light, and GoL dangled in front of him Salem's continued survival and the threat of Remnant's destruction if humanity doesn't shape up. Also, can you blame him for going to Salem? He was human, and he loved her still, so that, despite being facepalm worthy, makes some sense. Also, there was a glimmer of hope when the two started a family, but Salem honestly ruined that when their daughters showed signs of magic. Oz tried to warn her, but she refused to listen.

Finally, Yang does have an important secret in that she is covering for Raven, and she's the most upset that Ozpin is hiding things, thus making her a dumb hypocrite.
    Spoiler:
    Bullshit.

Firstly. The GoL was in no way goading him. I'll give the gods guff for a lot of stuff, but he was as objective about it as possible. He clearly laid out what had happened, what the issues were and to NOT do certain things. And he mentioned repeatedly that Ozpin did not need to do it, which Oz specifically cut him off on. Oz is 100% at fault for that.

Kept alive for a millennia... from a situation HE CREATED. And he clearly wasn't doing a bang up job given that barely a hundred years ago, a not grimm related war basically super fractured the nations of the planet.

And Yes, Yang's secret isn't important, because Raven isn't important. They already have the relic tied to her. Salem doesn't need her, nor does Ozpin's group.

This entire conflict with Salem exists because Ozpin didn't leave well enough alone, despite warnings to the contrary. And instead of making the best of that situation, he just made the aggravated situation far worse... to the effect of... NOTHING

Also how did Salem ruin that by their children showing signs of magic? Ozpin just unceremoniously started freaking out over it. Salem's not faultless. Most of her grievances are self inflicted. But from any point of view she was totally right in the whole "Okay, but we could not bother the relics and live in a Godless world." And there's no good arguing point against that. There's literally nothing to gain from those two asshole coming back.

Raven is an asshole and a coward. But she's an asshole and a Coward with just cause to be both.

Same case with Hazel. Yeah, I'd be pissed if my sister died for a guy who knew he had no real reason to send her off to her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Spoiler:
    Bullshit.

Firstly. The GoL was in no way goading him. I'll give the gods guff for a lot of stuff, but he was as objective about it as possible. He clearly laid out what had happened, what the issues were and to NOT do certain things. And he mentioned repeatedly that Ozpin did not need to do it, which Oz specifically cut him off on. Oz is 100% at fault for that.

Kept alive for a millennia... from a situation HE CREATED. And he clearly wasn't doing a bang up job given that barely a hundred years ago, a not grimm related war basically super fractured the nations of the planet.

And Yes, Yang's secret isn't important, because Raven isn't important. They already have the relic tied to her. Salem doesn't need her, nor does Ozpin's group.

This entire conflict with Salem exists because Ozpin didn't leave well enough alone, despite warnings to the contrary. And instead of making the best of that situation, he just made the aggravated situation far worse... to the effect of... NOTHING

Also how did Salem ruin that by their children showing signs of magic? Ozpin just unceremoniously started freaking out over it. Salem's not faultless. Most of her grievances are self inflicted. But from any point of view she was totally right in the whole "Okay, but we could not bother the relics and live in a Godless world." And there's no good arguing point against that. There's literally nothing to gain from those two asshole coming back.

Raven is an asshole and a coward. But she's an asshole and a Coward with just cause to be both.

Same case with Hazel. Yeah, I'd be pissed if my sister died for a guy who knew he had no real reason to send her off to her death.
    Spoiler:
    Hazel is mad because Gretchen died in a training mission which was an accident that even Ozpin wasn't actually responsible for. He never "sent" Gretchen to do anything.

Salem is at fault because she got the bright idea afterwards of eradicating humanity and replacing them with her own children who could wield magic and were "better" than them, completely on her own. That's when Oz got cold feet. Also, while you can say Oz is somewhat responsible for turning Salem from hikikimori to omnicidal maniac, there's also the fact that her desire for destruction was there before Ozma came into the picture when she jumped into the Pool of Darkness, and when Oz and Salem established their kingdom, things were going okay for a while and there was no indication Salem was going to become the Queen of Destruction until that night.

The Great War was most definitely caused by Salem, and I believe for centuries, Oz did make the best of a bad situation he only caused by virtue of dying and coming back again, not through any autonomous action. For centuries, he did try and fight on the frontlines, and its only after P.T. Ozpin asked Jinn how to destroy Salem that things went bad. I won't defend Oz's actions in the present day, but I will say he was just misguided and unnecessarily secretive and not reprehensible.

Also, don't you dare say those deaths were for nothing. They were for something in that they allowed other humans to live and prevented Salem from succeeding. Also, Kingdoms, cities, and Academies, places that fostered hope and progress, were all allowed to flower due to his efforts.

As for Yang, even if her secret isn't of the same magnitude, she's still a hypocrite, and she yelled at a 14-year-old.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    So from what I gather, team Rubik is in full meltdown now? All because Oz was hiding the fact everything was (unwittingly) his fault?

What a bunch of hypocritical pansies.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So question on episode 3 since I can say stuff now and not Episode 4 is if GoD destroyed mankind, how did mankind resurrect? I thought it was just Salem on her lonesome with an army of Grimm. And you know if Salem would have commited suicide early on, none of this shit never really would have happened and Ospin and Salem would have reunited in the afterlife. So, it's pretty much confirmed that the GoL and GoD are the strongest in RWBY-verse. It's even more funny that despite their differences, they follow a code or some crap. I would have expected GoD to be evil and shit (and I guess he is but I would have expected GoL/GoD to fight all millenia or something)

and I guess for episode 4 discussion:
    Spoiler:
    I mean did they really have to take it out on Oscar? I mean, he never chose this until now and that Ospin chose his new body. I think in the beginning, Oscar wanted no part in this but I guess he decided to bare with it.
    Last edited by ChiakiKakumei; November 19th, 2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    So question on episode 3 since I can say stuff now and not Episode 4 is if GoD destroyed mankind, how did mankind resurrect? I thought it was just Salem on her lonesome with an army of Grimm. And you know if Salem would have commited suicide early on, none of this shit never really would have happened and Ospin and Salem would have reunited in the afterlife. So, it's pretty much confirmed that the GoL and GoD are the strongest in RWBY-verse. It's even more funny that despite their differences, they follow a code or some crap. I would have expected GoD to be evil and shit (and I guess he is but I would have expected GoL/GoD to fight all millenia or something)

and I guess for episode 4 discussion:
    Spoiler:
    I mean did they really have to take it out on Oscar? I mean, he never chose this until now and that Ospin chose his new body. I think in the beginning, Oscar wanted no part in this but I guess he decided to bare with it.
    I always thought that GoL kickstarted another species' evolution into the new humanity, since he told Ozma that one day your kind shall grow back on the planet's surface, or maybe the Moon meteorites caused a huge extinction/evolution event. Either way, life definitely found a way.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a thought of mine: Considering the site and fandom we're on, I find it kind of fun that Salem is another Alter character.
    Last edited by Kratosirving; November 20th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Just a thought of mine: Considering the site and fandom we're on, I find it kind of fun that Salem is another Alter character.
    True. However, that opens the door to other Alter characters, which I don't necessarily appreciate. I feel Grimm humans are just too tacky and overused in fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    True. However, that opens the door to other Alter characters, which I don't necessarily appreciate. I feel Grimm humans are just too tacky and overused in fanfic.
    For the love of god, I'd prefer to read another "amnesiac cloned or reborn Pyrrha" story rather than another "Grimm Pyrrha" story.

Blog Entries
    I personally don't want anymore either, it's just I saw the parallel's between Salem and Artoria's dark transformations and commented on it. I'm sure there will be at least one more character some time in the future that gets that treatment, but yeah I agree I don't think it should be anymore than that.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So

Spoiler:
    I'm not a RT FIRST but I saw the episode and Neo is back. Actually, I have no idea how the Spider Tavern was even keeping Tabs on Cinder but I assume Neo and her RWBY Chibi signs also asks the spiders about Cinder but idk what was going on in the first 5 mins other than Neo returning, Neo and Cinder fighting and Neo and Cinder making an Alliance. And the father/daughter relationship between Neo and Torchwick is now cemented.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Last episode everyone got mad at Ozpin and he hid deeper in Oscar's mind. The man was always so calm and cool, seeing him panic like that was a shock.
    The fight between Neo and Cinder this episode was cool, and I almost don't want to know what killed all those people in that farm.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

So...

Episode 6.
    Redead + Freaks = The Apathy? They really wanted to make it sound like the Mist, didn't they...

*Freaks = Thief Remake
    The Mist: King's version.

Also, answering something from the Wiki...

@SirGau: None. Lancaster is nearly canon. Brace for the endgame!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Neo is always great and this fight I think is one of the best post Monty

Spoiler:
    Apathy Grimm really good horror

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    So...

Episode 6.
    Redead + Freaks = The Apathy? They really wanted to make it sound like the Mist, didn't they...

*Freaks = Thief Remake
    The Mist: King's version.

Also, answering something from the Wiki...

@SirGau: None. Lancaster is nearly canon. Brace for the endgame!
    You actually went on that thread? I supported Lancaster between V4 and V5, but Oscar changed it all because his very existence as small boi to Ruby's small girl convinced me. That, and I haven't seen enough Lancaster hints for a while. In any case, whatever.

Blog Entries
    I (like many others judging from the reactions I saw I various places) liked to see Neo return... But I can't help but feel that the actual return could have been done with just the simple reveal of her from that landing and no fight. The fight itself was good, but Neo took a massive backseat in it. Cinder's CQC was more interesting since all we had seen of her to that point was Maiden powers and some dual swordplay. Now with her hand-to-hand showcased as well, I just felt that Neo was shoehorned in to this episode for little real reason other to illicit the reaction, and not with any actual long-term plan, especially with how neutering the end to their skirmish went.

I just hope going forward that the interaction between Cinder and Neo keeps a hint of intrigue for a Neo backstab.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler: