Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2328313233

Thread: Unanswered questions for the next public Q&A

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Reaching Nirvana/becoming Boddhisattva just means you have blown out all the fires of suffering in yourself (Nirvana literally meaning "blown out" in the candle sense of the word in Sanskrit), which are passion, aversion and ignorance. Once all three are extinguished, you have achieved Nirvana.

Hesse, while an amazing author, doesm't really understand what the core principle of Buddhism is. It is not "becoming one with everything", it is seperating oneself from all suffering. Don't take this as me bashing his novel Siddhartha though. It's an amazingly good story, it just doesn't grasp Buddhism as a whole.
    Its still a side effect, although saying 'becoming one with everything' is simplifying it. Its just you realized everything is one yet everything is independent, or everything is empty but the common understanding of existence is still true(The Three Fold truth, might not be saying it right).

Buddhism is weird, if I had more recently read about it I could talk more but its been a while since I studied it in at any level. Sorry if I can't word it right.

While this becomes quite inarguable fast because the existence of Boddhisattva is quite variable between branches of Buddhism, the Eightfold Path doesn't vanish entirely for Buddha because to keep your sufferings blown out, you must remain in eternal vigil, which should come as naturally as existing to Buddha, but that doesn't mean it's nonexistent
    Well no, the eightfold path no longer matters to a Buddha, because that's just their natural state they obtain. But that's just me being picky.

They still don't interact with thing the way Nasuverse Buddha did.

Of course it varies but its relatively obvious that Pure Land Buddhism is a major inspiration for Nasu and what he has most likely based his works on.
    And I agree.
    Last edited by Knick; July 18th, 2015 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Its still a side effect, although saying 'becoming one with everything' is simplifying it. Its just you realized everything is one yet everything is independent.

Buddhism is weird, if I had more recently read about it I could talk more but its been a while since I studied it in at any level.
    Again, "realizing that everything is one, yet everything is independent" is the Hesse way of interpreting it, which is simply wrong. Nirvana is the extinguishing of the candles of suffering, not more not less.

Well no, the eightfold path no longer matters to a Buddha, because that's just their natural state they obtain.

They still don't interact with thing the way Nasuverse Buddha did.
    While I agree with the interact part within the context of the RL religion, the Eightfold Path being their "natural state" doesnt really dispute to what I said. The Eightfold Path becomes as natural as existing to them, which then means that due to Siddthartha being a Boddhisattva according to Nasu, it makes sense for him to reach out to Twice's prayer.
    Last edited by Christemo; July 18th, 2015 at 08:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Actually a part of the Eightfold path is to be persistent in doing things that are good and useful to others, yourself, and both's thoughts. Twice's goal could easily be argued to be that.
    Well, I know EXTRA Material had a bit about how Buddha didn't allow himself to be summoned because he believed in Twice's ideals (which even Twice acknowledged as evil), but out of compassion for the "fate of the heart of the human called Twice".

Blog Entries
    Again, "realizing that everything is one, yet everything is independent" is the Hesse way of interpreting it, which is simply wrong. Nirvana is the extinguishing of the candles of suffering, not more not less.
    I am not saying that it is what Nirvana is, but realizing that is part of obtaining it. I know Nirvanha is just 'release from suffering', I am not arguing that, its just you have to realize a lot of things to get there and after you get it completely and become a Buddha you see things very differently and act differently (like even if you could reduce suffering you don't stop a natural disaster while being able to, they just don't really do anything we can notice).

While I agree with the interact part to some extent, the Eightfold Path being their "natural state" doesnt really dispute to what I said. The Eightfold Path becomes as natural as existing to them, which then means that due to Siddthartha being a Boddhisattva according to Nasu, it makes sense for him to reach out to Twice's prayer.
    Wait, he is a Bodhisattva? My bad, thought he was a Buddha. Ya, it makes more sense then.
    Last edited by Knick; July 18th, 2015 at 09:05 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Wait, he is a Bodhisattva? My bad, thought he was a Buddha. Ya, it makes more sense then.
    Nasu has either combined or confuses the two, because yeah Siddhartha aka the Buddha in Extra is a Boddhisattva, specifically referred to as an entity that lives to liberate humanity from suffering.
    Last edited by Christemo; July 18th, 2015 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nasu has either combined or confuses the two, because yeah Siddhartha aka the Buddha in Extra is a Boddhisattva.
    God damn it Nasu, with all your Buddhist references at least try and keep this shit straight, there is kinda a big difference between the two.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No buddha has never been said to be either.
    spoilers is an existence close to saver. That's it.

Actually Saver is definitely a Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by extra materials
    セイヴァー【サーヴァント名】
    ブッダ
    覚者
    Right there.
    Last edited by You; July 18th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    God damn it Nasu, with all your Buddhist references at least try and keep this shit straight, there is kinda a big difference between the two.
    Eh thats arguable, Boddhisattva have already fulfilled the requirements of a Buddha, they have just temporarily refused the job to become ones to liberate the suffering of humanity. It is very possible that due to the Servant system, Siddthartha has long since become a Buddha but is summoned in his Boddhisattva stage due to it being his "peak" as a mortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Kiara is an existence close to saver. That's it.
    Wait really, is Buddha an entity like Heracles then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Kiara is an existence close to saver. That's it.

Actually Saver is definitely a Buddha

Right there.
    He's also definitely Siddhartha, specifically:

嫌いな物:毒茸
    Right there.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ok I was worried for a second that I had been epic rused the whole time but apparently You was the epic ruser

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    well, i feel like we got back to where we started.
    Buddha is a buddha and he does buddha-y stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Siddhartha is a Buddha who does Boddhisattva-y stuff because he is also a Boddhisattva because Nasu

there I solved it.

Blog Entries
    It's as if Saver comes from the Moon Cell records, and therefore is obviously from the time he was still around doing stuff to be recorded.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.