Page 1 of 31 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf - The City

Werewolf - The City

The city howls in manic ecstasy at the hidden lies and the desperate hopes that its denizens carry inside them. The gangs that practically lord over this city howl in time with the great cry of a concept bigger than all of them. The people of the city just trying to live honest lives listen with a sinking dread at the senseless screams and moans around them, but inside their spirits are stirred and are alive within the confines of a dried out husk.

On the block of Flamingo Lane, the city folk gather to do away with the gangs looming over their lives. Among them, the most prominent gang is the Werewolves, so called because of their rumored ability to turn into wolves in the night. Daunted by nevertheless unswayed to back down, these people take their stand.

Moving among them are the Werewolves, hungry people who have found crime the only way to gain a temporary foothold in a cruel, cruel world. Deep in their hearts they too can sympathize with the angry whispers and the revolutionary attitudes of the people, but they cannot back down now. But remember, in the end the rat’s own dream always guns him down, and the audience is an apathetic city that passively feeds on the little pains and sorrows.

The Game Werewolf Has Begun

Day One

There are werewolves, that kill/eat people. There are villagers, who are sheep. There are power role villagers, who decide to be legendary people and step up to plate. Here are the roles, there are in fact limited spots, daytime and nighttime will both be 24 real time hours, get on my level. I don't care what you do outside this thread.

The rules:

1. Don't edit your posts.
    2. If your dead, please don't post or else I'll do absolutely nothing.
    3. Lynch votes are in bold.
    4. After you die your role will be revealed.
    5. Please no trashtalking.

The roles:

1. The Cop- can investigate anybody and find who they are with 100% accuracy, except for the Berzerker. Has a 50% chance of taking the werewolf with him when he dies, because guns, duh.
    2. The Doctor- can save anybody from death that he chooses, can save himself with a 50% chance.
    3. The Vigilante- can kill whoever he wants in the nighttime, has a 50% chance of escaping his own death if attacked in the night.
    4. The Werewolves- they kill people in the nighttime, can claim roles.
    5. The Insane Guy- can discern fantastical from the mundane, but cannot discern the mundane from the fantastical. What this means is that he can absolutely pick out the Berzerker, but absolutely nobody else.
    6. The Villagers- regular people. No special powers outside of the power of democracy.
    7. The Berzerker, the guy who's the head honcho of the werewolves- checks out clean to the cop, guilty to the Insane Guy

1. Mike1984
    2. Yun
    3. Heroslayer - Werewolf
    4. EnigmaticFellow - Villager
    5. Spinach
    6. Reynel
    7. Raven2785
    8. Mcjon01 - Villager
    9. Theocrass - Doctor
    10. aldeayeah
    11. gesalt - Villager
    12. fraggle
    13. Cruor - Cop
    14. Satehi - Villager
    15. Asdfghl - Villager
    16. Vagrant

Also of note is that this is the only game of mafia I'll be hosting and the last game of it that I'll be active in.
    Last edited by TypeWannabe; November 28th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I'm still curious as to how exactly Mike's contributions are going to work, as by the nature of his posting restriction he's automatically obscured and harder to read as a result.

Blog Entries
    Rather than succumb to the barbaric practice of mindlessly lynching that which scares me, I choose to Run for the office of Mayor on a platform of urban renewal. If we all work together, we can make this city a better place and fix the sickness that caused so many of our wayward youth to join gangs in the first place. I await your votes, fellow citizens!

...Of course, if it's not an election year I guess we can just go ahead and kill each other off in a fit of mass hysteria and paranoid insanity, as per usual. That's cool too.

Exercising that power of democracy that the Japanese are so proud of.

Blog Entries
    I don't see anything in the rules that says that the "power of democracy" doesn't include the right to hold free and open elections. D:<

Lynch Mike!

Blog Entries
    Not much to do until day starts. So until then lynch Black Sword.

...the day has started.

so mike's going to communicate through IRC?

that aside, we have absolutely nothing to work with yet so I'm going with a tentative No Lynch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    ...the day has started.
    Oh. Well, without a night phase having passed to give some discussion material there's little I see to talk about.

Blog Entries
    I'll support gesalt's No lynch vote unless someone has a better idea?

Well, the no lynch thing is a good idea, but thinking a little ahead, what are the possible clues we could get? (aside from the possible cop, who I don't think should reveal in day 1)

Lynching someone random will probably end up killing a villager... Unless TypeWannabe is trolling and has made everyone but me a werewolf. No Lynch.

Sadly, this way, somebody gets killed off without ever really getting to play.

[QUOTE=Asdfghl;1025534Sadly, this way, somebody gets killed off without ever really getting to play.[/QUOTE]
    You mean, if we lynch?

If everyone votes no lynch or if everyone lynches someone random (which we can't really do with no evidence.)

Do you people think there are only two or three factions?

He wanted a number of people divisible by three.

- - - Updated - - -

There are multiple gangs, and the werewolves are the most prominent.

Blog Entries
    Werewolves, power roles, and normal villagers.

I wanted to go back to basics, if that helps your question.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I do not have an awesome horse in this game.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.