Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2777117122125126127128129132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3304

Thread: From Fake Dreams (Discussion Thread)

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Eeh, I do it sometimes for crossovers.
    I also avoid getting into discussions regarding how stuff work in that 'verse for that very reason.
    This is practically the reason I got interested in the Nasuverse... well, that and ads about Fate/Zero.

I actually feel as though, when done right, crossovers can make for excellent tales of character interaction, culture clash, dealing with problems outside original context, and just plain old potential cool factor.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It's enough to detract the most casual of casuals. Thereby rendering us only semi-casuals. Or determinator-casuals.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsor93 View Post
    That said, I feel like there is a (hopefully) reasonable explanation for what a lot of you guys have been calling "fan-wanking of Kiritsugu".
    My theories:
    a) Angra Mainyu had something to do with the visions Kiritsugu received, and has been subtly manipulating the Mage Killer into orchestrating his release.
    b) Angra Mainyu has nothing to do with the visions, but has caught on to Kiritsugu's plans, and forced him into the war as payback and to potentially cause him more pain by making him kill his children.
    Not bad theories, for someone new to the Nasuverse, except for a minute detail. You are presuming that Angra Manyu is intelligent, when it isn't. Or at least, not like that. So no, it doesn't (can't) work like that.

Not to mention that, even if it could, Angra Manyu can't raise people to Heroic Spirit. Even if modern heroes were posible, you need for a good deal of the humanity to worship them, so Shirou (and looks like Luvia) worshiping him wouldn't work.

In fact, ItsaRandomUsername said it perfectly. Angra Manyu is not that powerful (it is certainly very dangerous, though).

Sure, he could go with the Counter Guardian way, but even then, Caster has no way to summon him, and even then, a modern Counter Guardian can't have a NP. EMIYA doesn't, although his UBW kind of count as one.

So yep, there has been much wanking on that one.
    Last edited by Ergast; March 17th, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

夜属 Nightkin
    I'd probably give it a shot if someone could email the links to an English version of the VN.

On a minor note, I also tend to be more of a dub guy, than a sub guy, and why does that sound slightly dirty?

Blog Entries
    First rule, asking outright for links is frowned on by the administration, please be more subtle next time.
    Last edited by Kat; March 17th, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Ah. Thank you for that.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'd probably give it a shot if someone could email the links to an English version of the VN.

On a minor note, I also tend to be more of a dub guy, than a sub guy, and why does that sound slightly dirty?
    The Let's Plays linked by IRUN are in English, and there is a free translation patch by Mirror Moon for the VNs if you go full original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    And there is no English dub version of the VN, as it was not localised.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    You are presuming that Angra Manyu is intelligent, when it isn't.
    It has intelligence, what it lacks is a self.

Not to mention that, even if it could, Angra Manyu can't raise people to Heroic Spirit.
    Eeh, if it got to do something it could. With the Grail's power, it shouldn't be too hard to arrange for it to happen.

Of course, if it could use that power it would have no reason to use it that way.

Angra Manyu is not that powerful (it is certainly very dangerous, though).
    Angra Mainyu is probably the weakest character in F/SN. Even Shinji can do more than it can.

Unless you get a game over.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

夜属 Nightkin
    Angra Mainyu is probably the weakest character in F/SN. Even Shinji can do more than it can.

Unless you get a game over.
    Dayumn! I figured that something with the capabilities of "All the Evils in the World" would be powerful enough to pull some reality-warping style shit, and that it was only the fact that it was stuck in the Grail + it's own amusement that the Nasuverse wasn't on the verge of witnessing the release of its equivalent to Darkseid.

Blog Entries
    Dayumn! I figured that something with the capabilities of "All the Evils in the World"
    It does not have that, is the thing that fanfic writers seem to not get.

The wish on the Grail is to give it form and power befitting the name of All Evils of the World.

But until that wish is granted, it's only a curse.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dayumn! I figured that something with the capabilities of "All the Evils in the World" would be powerful enough to pull some reality-warping style shit, and that it was only the fact that it was stuck in the Grail + it's own amusement that the Nasuverse wasn't on the verge of witnessing the release of its equivalent to Darkseid.
    The person himself was essentially just some random villager sacrificed to personify all the world's evils, and technically became a HS for it. The real danger is from how he tainted the grail or something, not the guy himself.

Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    There's a reason Avenger got its ass thoroughly handed to it four(?) days into the Grail War.

See kids, this is why it is always very, very important to read the source material.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    The person himself was essentially just some random villager sacrificed to personify all the world's evils, and technically became a HS for it. The real danger is from how he tainted the grail or something, not the guy himself.
    The real danger is that people, by electing him to personify all evils, also wished for the existence of such a being.

When he (Avenger) fell into the Holy Grail, his existence as an Heroic Spirit that grants the wishes of the people remained, and the Holy Grail acknowledged the wishes entrusted to him.

That wish being "Angra Mainyu - All Evils of the World".

So if the Holy Grail ever successfully grants a wish, it'll give birth to an existence that not only serves the role of embodying all evils like Avenger did, but also one that will have power worthy of the name.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words:

Guy that you wish to embody all evils = Okay.
    Omnipotent wish granting device = Okay.
    Omnipotent wish granting device + guy that you wish to embody all evils = FUCK.
    Last edited by Siriel; March 17th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

The...................... ............. qwertyfatcat's Avatar
    I'd also recommend Xerblade from youtube for those who don't want to download the entire VN on their computer. He's got the routes on his page as well as the bad ends.

He's also got Tsukihime for those who are interested.

Basically, Angra Mainyu is super weak. He makes true assassin look like Saber in comparison. However, he did pull off some tactics with Bazett in which they gauged what attacks could be taken by Avenger, have him take a survivable blow and let him use his Noble Phantasm. His NP was called Verg Avesta, in which whatever injury was inflicted on him is dealt in equivalence to the target. The downside to this NP is that Avenger needed to be alive AND conscious to activate it. The opponent would then decide to fight with an NP where he can't survive to activate his NP, but Bazett uses Fragarach to check mate the target.

Imagine the OP where Bazett and Chu Culainn were tag teaming like they werer supposed to...

Dear god, this fucking bastard...... Taunts my fucking childhood.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Really, it's so god damn simple to download going through an LP when you can experience it yourself is mindboggling.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    It's also very easy to acquire legally. Wow you guys are awful. Support the industry.

It has intelligence, what it lacks is a self.
    Eh, that's why I added the next part.

You are presuming that Angra Manyu is intelligent, when it isn't. Or at least, not like that.
    But I like your paraphrasing better than mine.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyfatcat View Post
    Basically, Angra Mainyu is super weak. He makes true assassin look like Saber in comparison. However, he did pull off some tactics with Bazett in which they gauged what attacks could be taken by Avenger, have him take a survivable blow and let him use his Noble Phantasm.
    That is not Avenger, the Servant of the Third War (that one didn't have Verg Avesta). That's Avenger's self-insert.

It's also different from Angra Mainyu, the curse inside the Holy Grail or Angra Mainyu, the hypothetical manifested All Evils that we never actually see.

All are the same existence, but not the same beings.
    Last edited by Siriel; March 17th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyfatcat View Post
    He makes true assassin look like Saber in comparison.
    This is a pretty wrong statement because True Assassin is pretty fucking beef. Even if he had the Shadow to work with as a tool, he singlehandedly killed Saber and Lancer, and two of the strongest of their class.