Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156161164165166
Results 3,301 to 3,304 of 3304

Thread: From Fake Dreams (Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    I think you're talking about Digimon, right? That's the reference I got from reading Crest Ability, anyway. At least until I read and realized, oh. The Emiya Crest... and making a new redundant powerup.

Geez. I tried reading this but I can't get over how damn wordy the chapter is, or that damn power-up. And his A/N, as always, oozes with smug entitlement.

There is such a thing as "too epic". I actually think it's possible to get SICK on the stuff.
    I believe the problem is that this story is the Michael Bay Transformers of Fate/Stay Night fanfiction stories. Epic is just awesome with everything leading up to it. Awesome is something that inspires awe while still being true to the story.

Referencing Clownwithachainsaw's "Not a Typical Civil War".
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Well, I was thinking about Hill of Swords when I did my first Fate fanfiction. But it wasn't for the plot so much as "f***, I can do a better Shirou than that."
    Arashi's guide to writing the characters of Tsukihime:

Shiki: The less he talks, the more badass he is.
    Arc: All things are relevant to how bored she is.
    Ciel: Only sane woman. Also, responsibility.
    Akiha: Focus on pride-aspect of tsundereness.
    Hisui: Actually the boke to Kohaku's tsukkomi, but has a complete straight face.
    Kohaku: Overcompensating genki. Go overboard with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Gecko View Post
    I believe the problem is that this story is the Michael Bay Transformers of Fate/Stay Night fanfiction stories. Epic is just awesome with everything leading up to it. Awesome is something that inspires awe while still being true to the story.

Referencing Clownwithachainsaw's "Not a Typical Civil War".
    Thanks for the link. I read the whole thing and found it quite enjoyable. More so than From Fake Dreams anyway, because this Clownwithachainsaw guy makes sense with his A/N lessons. It was awesome, but only when it needed to be. And yet this fic is like a roller coaster of constant "awesome" with no stop in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    Thanks for the link. I read the whole thing and found it quite enjoyable. More so than From Fake Dreams anyway, because this Clownwithachainsaw guy makes sense with his A/N lessons. It was awesome, but only when it needed to be. And yet this fic is like a roller coaster of constant "awesome" with no stop in sight.
    The awesome needs to be sparse or it is not awesome. Then again, if you are Gurren Lagann...
    Well, I was thinking about Hill of Swords when I did my first Fate fanfiction. But it wasn't for the plot so much as "f***, I can do a better Shirou than that."
    Arashi's guide to writing the characters of Tsukihime:

Shiki: The less he talks, the more badass he is.
    Arc: All things are relevant to how bored she is.
    Ciel: Only sane woman. Also, responsibility.
    Akiha: Focus on pride-aspect of tsundereness.
    Hisui: Actually the boke to Kohaku's tsukkomi, but has a complete straight face.
    Kohaku: Overcompensating genki. Go overboard with it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Gecko View Post
    The awesome needs to be sparse or it is not awesome. Then again, if you are Gurren Lagann...
    Gurren Lagann actually has basically perfect pacing to build up it's awesome though thus making the awesome amazingly memorable. Everytime I rewatch I realize their are like three times as many scenes as I remember.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."