Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Twelve Days of Yule

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

”Hiii, everyone~! Sorry we’re late!”

The cheerful shout of Arcueid resonated from the hallway, and suddenly it was once more filled by a group of colorful people. Following the vampire, there was Tohno Shiki and his sister, Akiha, followed by their maid, Hisui, and a certain cat-familiar who had dressed up in uncharacteristically festive colors. Not only that, but Yumizuka Satsuki, Riesbyfe and Sion were there too, along with Miyako and Akiha’s friends from her school. Suffice to say, the whole hallway was quickly packed full.

“We wouldn’t be this late if you idiotic vampire hadn’t wanted to stop at every fast-food place on the way!” Ciel roared in anger, only held back by the spirit of her weapon, Nanako.

“Weeeell, I couldn’t help it~” Arcueid shrugged and stuck out her tongue. “I mean, it’s my birthday, after all. I should get some presents, shouldn’t I? It’s the reason for this whole celebration, right?”

“Don’t try to make yourself to be the Second Coming!” Ciel nearly frothed from her mouth. “I’ll strangle you! Strangle you with Seven, I say!”

“Please stop it,” Nanako complained, looking pleadingly at a certain boy who had entered after everyone else. “Arihiko-san, please say something to her!”

“Sorry, I don’t want any part in Tohno’s harem,” Arihiko briskly dejected the hooved girl. “He himself got it, he should take the responsibility.”

“Don’t make it sound like some sort of one-night stand!” Shiki complained, but Arihiko was pretending to have suddenly gone deaf.

“Now now, everyone. Stop such clamoring and do come in,” Irisviel said with a smile. “We’ve still got plenty of room here, even if the gang from Prototype just arrived.”

As if to emphasize her words, there was a sudden string of curses from the living room, and suddenly Perseus was thrown into the corridor with monstrous strength. The young man was half-buried in the wall, and could only let out a small groan of pain.

“It looks like this place is as dangerous as ever…” Shiki commented, before looking at the group around him. “Not that I can say that…”

“Nii-san, please refrain from saying anything that would bring forth a scene that’d get this countdown added with [Gore] tag,” Akiha said with a sweet smile, before hurrying to the living room.

“Oh, Azaka-san! Rin-san! It has been quite a while!”

At Akiha’s words, the two girls turned their attention to her, and soon there was a joyous reunion between the old friends. Akiha was quickly introduced to the other Rin, something which made her somewhat stiff. Apparently, she was glad that at least this other Rin didn’t have red hair. Nevertheless, despite these surprises, the three of them quickly delved into exchanging latest stories.

“… Even if it’s third year I see that gathering, it still seems as surreal as ever,” Satsuki commented, smiling awkwardly. “The true epitome of lazy artistic design…”

“Mm, I’d agree with you if I didn’t fear for the repercussions,” Sion commented, looking stern. “We’ve already been delegated into a gag-trio. I don’t want it to get worse.”

“Like appearing only in Character Material books?” Riesbyfe asked, and both Sion and Satsuki nodded, depressed.

Although at this point, now that the characters of multiple franchises had gathered in the living room, it should have been impossible for everyone to fit there, somehow the room looked as cozy as ever. There was no shortage of space, and everyone could discuss without having to speak over others. Those who realized it decided to stay silent, and chalk it up to the author’s inability to realize the size of the house’s floor plan. So, instead, they opted to gaze outside at the sight of Kotomine Kirei and Hundred-Faced Assassin chasing after Emiya Kiritsugu, having already had almost all of his clothes stolen.

“… This feels so absurd,” Saber sighed, sitting across the table from her male counterpart.

“Indeed it does,” Arthur agreed. “I’m not sure whether I should say this is unnerving, or if this is just wrong…”

“Nevertheless, I think the source of blame is clear,” Saber finally sighed, and both nodded strongly. And then, with tones that could usually only be used when mentioning the name of Dinkleberg, they both uttered…

“”Takeuchi.””

The expressions on the faces of the two could have killed any artist with an inability to draw short arms. It was no exaggeration to say that soon the artist could suddenly suffer a fatal heart-attack.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Shiki and Hisui had sat down at the chairs of the kitchen, though Hisui kept glancing at the foodstuffs occasionally with longing eyes. Only the occasional swat from Sakura kept the gastronomically disastrous maid in check.

“Well, in any event, we all appreciated the invitation,” Shiki said, talking with Archer. “It’s been some time since we’ve appeared in anything this author has written.”

“Must have something to do with how he likes to listen music while writing,” Archer commented. “Your visual novel doesn’t offer that many great tracks for it. I guess we’ll have to wait for the remake and see what that changes…”

“At least it properly reflects Akiha’s ‘assets’,” Shiki said quietly, yet still earned a murderous glare from his sister. “I-In any case, where is Shirou-san? I haven’t seen him…”

“Oh, I think he went after the Edelfelt. Something about finding her, and possible peril. You know how it goes,” Archer answered. “Looks like we’ll get an action-filled ending for this countdown.”

“Really?” Shiki said with a surprise. “So Edelfelt-san is also missing. And here I thought it was only the case with Kohaku…”

“The other maid is missing?” Archer asked, arching his brow. “That sounds… suspicious.”

“Nee-san did leave me with a message, though.” Hisui suddenly joined in the conversation. “Should I tell it?”

“She did?” Shiki asked, looking surprised. “Well, spit it out.”

“Well…”

Twelve Days of Yule
    Day 10
    Legend of the Christmas Morning Glory

On the cold winter night, everybody had finally reached the best ending of their respective routes and had finally acquired their chance to be with the young man they loved. The vampire, the ass-nun and the little sister came into the parlor all in uncharacteristic understanding that prevails in harem endings.

At that point, the maid, Kohaku, who had seen the other heroines passing through, reached the door of the parlor, to see the Protagonist. However, being a sub-heroine and having no real impact on the scene anyhow, she felt helpless and started weeping quietly at the sight of all the wonderful things that the four did together. Earlier, she had realized, in vain, that since she actually wanted a good ending of her own, she had no business in being in the harem ending.

A meddling Sorcerer outside the door was watching over her and knew about her selfish desires. He took a pity on her and, when he saw her head drooped down in sorrow, decided to help her with a little miracle. He struck the air with his crystal sword that looked like a sex-toy at and where her tears ahd fallen, sprang a beautiful cluster of ocean blue morning glories with white tipped petals. Then he softly whispered into the maid’s ear that these Korean morning glories are far more potent drugs than any artificially created ones, for they had been powered by Nasu-wank.

The maid was pleasantly surprised when she heard those words and joyfully gathered the flowers and brewed them into a tea which she offered to the four in the parlor, who, after drinking the tea, quickly succumbed into dreadful and violent delusions. Thus, the Christmas morning glory came to symbolize resentment, selfishness, and the desire not to share the man you loved for the sake of the reader’s wish-fulfillment harem ending.

The End.

A long, dreadful silence fell into the room.

The words, though they had formed a silly story, seemed to implicate something far more sinister. Something all of them had been too dull to notice up until then. Both Shiki and Archer heard the wheels in their heads turn, as they both started to arrive in the same conclusion. Even Rin and Sakura, not to mention Saber, had the truth of the situation slowly dawn upon them.

But it was not until a single, simple girl put these thoughts to word that everyone realized what was going on.

“Does that mean that Kohaku-san has gone mad with desire to have her own happy ending?” Hanepin asked, her index finger poking her cheek.

“A-and Shirou-san is missing, having gone after… Luvia!” Shiki shouted and jumped up from his chair. “This is bad! If Luvia is missing… then what about any others!? Do we have other heroines missing?”

“Well, Alice disappeared a while ago…” Aoko said, frowning. “Wait a minute, are you saying that that crazy maid—“

“Kirie-san is gone too!” Azaka shouted. “I haven’t seen her since we arrived!”

“N-not to mention Misaya-san!” Ayaka exclaimed, realization coming on to her too.

“…Curses, this is bad,” Riesbyfe clicked her tongue and looked at Satsuki. “At least she didn’t get you. But what about now…”

“We need to go after them, idiots!” Ryougi growled and threw on her leather jacket. “This could shake the whole foundation of the Heroine Hierarchy.”

“Then let’s go,” Aoko agreed and stood up quickly. “And let’s hope that Shirou-san hasn’t gotten himself killed already.”

At that exact moment, when the chaos had momentarily taken ahold of the people in the living room, Emiya Shirou was all but dead. He was, in fact, running as fast as he could towards the distant sounds of explosions and clashing steel. His legs screamed as they plowed through the heavy snow, but he had no time to think. After all, his fears grew worse every moment.

And for some reason, there was an odd song stuck in his head.

Twelve Days of Yule
    Day 11
    Nero the Beastman

Nero the Beastman, was a grumpy, angry bloke
    With a flasher coat and balding head
    And torso as black as smoke

Nero the Beastman is a vampire, they say,
    He was like black dough, in his crotch was doe
    who’d wish everyone good day.

There must be a Bounded Field in
    That coat he carries around.
    For if you’ll stick your head within
    You’ll meet a pervert crow.

O, Nero the Beastman
    Had a bit far worse than bark
    And if you happened to look him wrong
    Your head was chomped by shark.

Thumpetty thump thump,
    Thumpety thump thump,
    Look at that Nero-stud.
    Thumpetty thump thump,
    Thumpety thump thump,
    On the hills of blood.

Nero the Beastman
    Knew that princess was in town
    So he said, “Let’s meet,
    I need some meat,
    In my black goo, go drown.”

Down to the park,
    To meet the princess white,
    But in his rush
    He overlooked the bush
    Where the high school boy lay

He had much to say about her vampire way
    And thought he had her trapped
    And he only knew his stupidity
    When he felt himself be stabbed

For Nero the Beastman
    Had been killed just like that
    But he felt naive, saying,
    “I can’t believe,
    I was killed by such a twat.”

Thumpetty thump thump,
    Thumpety thump thump,
    Look at that Nero-stud.
    Thumpetty thump thump,
    Thumpety thump thump,
    On the hills of blood.

The End.

“Okay, that was weird,” Shirou murmured, jolting out of his momentary lapse in focus. The weird song was finally out of his system, however, and he could focus on the task at hand.

The closer and closer Shirou got to the scene of the apparent fight, the more he felt that this was beyond of what he had faced before. The sheer animosity in the atmosphere crackled the air, quaking his body every time an explosion lit up the sky. Shirou bit his lip, hoping that he wasn’t too late.

However, the closer he got, the more helpless he felt. Like there was something there, waiting for him, just to block his path.

…But I can’t give up like this. Not while Luvia is in trouble. Shirou thought, narrowing his eyes.

Allowing his Magic Circuits to flare up, he conjured up the image of a certain bow from his memory. It was far more refined this time, as he was not burdened by the power-levels of his current route. As he whispered the words of suggestion in the air, he let his prana form the weapon in his hand.

A sleek, black shape. Almost as tall as him. Deadly when fitted with the right projectiles.

The bow that Archer had once used to blow his head off.

“And now—“

Preparing for his unavoidable confrontation, Shirou cast his thoughts back to the days of the looping four days, and especially to the sword that the Hero of the Bow had used against him. It was just the type of arrow he needed. The tension was that of a fast-paced fight, split-second decisions were needed.

And Shirou knew not better Noble Phantasm for that job.

“—Go into the red plains, scarlet hound.”

His magecraft ripped at his insides, and he felt how one of his ribs cracked under the sheer pressure of what he projected. But, his body would not give up so easily. Automatic Strengthening, a body made out of swords. It was so trivial he did not have to think about it.

Everything except the fate of Luvia was, right now, trivial.

“Don’t be so hasty, Mr. Hero.”

A voice called out from the darkness of the snowy night, stopping Shirou in his tracks. He swung around, training Hrunting at the possible enemy. However, while he felt a killing intent emanating from the figure, it was not towards him. It was towards whatever lied around the next corner.

It was a young woman, one who he had never talked to before. Not before this day, at least. Red eyes, black hair, and blue jacket. Black hounds gazed at Shirou from behind her, their red eyes hungrily gleaming in the night.

— Reiroukan Misaya.

“There’s a Bounded Field there, you know. That crazy maid used one of her machines to create it. You won’t get inside no matter how hard you try,” Misaya said with smirk, letting her hand run through her raven hair. “And out here, these robotic maids hunt those who dare to try to stop her.”

“R-robotic maids? Machines?” Shirou asked, dumbfounded. “If I can be frank, that sounds ridiculous.”

“This whole countdown is ridiculous. I guess that allowed her to take over like that. Or at least, try it,” Misaya said and sighed. “Anyways, what are you trying to do? It’s not like this concerns you. It’s strictly between us sub-heroines.”

Shirou gritted his teeth together. Just like he had suspected, the reason Luvia was gone had nothing to do with him. Or rather, it was a reason that did not belong to his world. He was the protagonist, after all. By all logic, he should have just turned around and enjoyed his Christmas Special, instead of derailing the countdown like that. This story was supposed to be about humor and fluff, not about something serious like this.

… And yet...

“… I can’t do that,” Shirou firmly said and dug his heels to the ground. “If Luvia is in danger, I need to save her. No, I will save her. That’s my job. As the protagonist.”

Misaya looked at Shirou as if he had sucker-punched her. Then, slowly, her expression melted into one of dry amusement. Giving an expressive shrug, she snapped her fingers and turned around, facing the darkness with her hounds. Out there, beyond the eye-sight, whirling gears and clicking sounds of mechanical joints could be heard.

“You’re a good man, aren’t you, Emiya Shirou? It’s almost a shame that I’m from the original, and you’re from the finished product,” Misaya scoffed, before cracking her knuckles. “If you’re that set on saving your damsel-in-distress, you could use a little help. Luckily that other girl left her pet outside. I think it could get inside through brute force.”

As if to respond to Misaya’s words, something groaned and started rising from the snow. A gigantic mess of roots, trunks and wood slowly crawled up, shrieking as it took once again form. Shirou’s eyes widened as he saw the creature towering above him. It had blended perfectly into the landscape before, looking nothing but a pile of snow.

But now, it was like a grand monster from the end of a fairy tale.

“F-Falling Down…?” Shirou whispered the name of the troll.

And then, to his completely surprise, the monster offered its hand. For him to stand on. It clearly wanted him to get on, as strange as it sounded. There was a moment of hesitation in Shirou’s mind, as he weighed his options. But then, he steeled himself.

He would accept any help.

For the sake of those dear to him. He was a superhero, after all. But that didn’t mean he could do everything by himself.

“Let’s go, then!” Shirou shouted, and jumped on to the palm of Falling Down. Accepting his words, the creature began rising, slowly lurching towards the site of the battle, and the Bounded Field.

Thundering footsteps got surprisingly quickly more and more distant from Misaya, and she sighed.

The idiot actually went there. Got to give him points for having balls, I guess, she thought, before opening his Magic Circuits to their fullest.

After all, the mechanical army of maids was getting closer, now that Falling Down was gone.

“I can’t complain though. I got to see something different,” Misaya smirked and prepared her first ten spells, while her familiars formed a protective ring around her. “Really different…”

Tension ran through the air like lightning. The red eyes scanned the surroundings, as the robotic warriors stepped from the darkness, revealing that they were more akin to a small army than a large group. But, even in the face of such large force that wanted nothing more than to tear her apart, Misaya’s dry smile did not fade.

“Aah~” she complained. “Why couldn’t it be me that got into Stay Night? I would have gladly taken a man like that…”

Those were her final words. After that, a wall of Mech-Hisuis fell upon her, and was engulfed in explosions as Misaya released her magecraft to its fullest.

To be Concluded…

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pahahah, having to tell Shiki Tohno not to go "INHUMAN! *Slice&Dice*".
    And them Christmas story and song.

Also. D'aw, Misaya. x3

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

“Nevertheless, I think the source of blame is clear,” Saber finally sighed, and both nodded strongly. And then, with tones that could usually only be used when mentioning the name of Dinkleberg, they both uttered…

“”Takeuchi.””
    How do you make an already awesome Type-moon Christmas crossover even more awesome? Oh, Saber(s)...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aww, Misaya....don't worry maybe one day someone will write a story with you and shirou.

One day...

Teasing the Penguin God!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Twelve Days of Yule
    Day 12
    To save the Girl

—It was said,

That during the night of Christmas, everything was possible. For it was the night of miracles…

For example, a hen that lays golden eggs.

For example, a beanstalk that grows to the skies.

For example, a happy ending.

Yes. A happy ending to call her very own, unsoiled by the needs of others. Something just for her, and her alone. She alone would be loved, and love in return. There was no part for anyone else in there.

That was the true enemy of Emiya Shirou.

A wish for a happy ending, at the cost of everyone else.

The frozen air of winter night, chill and sharp as a blade of a sword, pushed past Shirou’s face as he braved the wind, eyes locked to the glow ahead. Had he be doing the walking, his legs would have, most likely, frozen already.

But instead of him, it was the power of the wooden giant that took every step.

London Bridge is broken down,
    Broken down, broken down,

For a moment, he felt how the contents of his stomach tried to crawl up his throat.

There was a simple reason.

For him to allow such a vulgar, different, alien magecraft to touch him, there had to be price that was paid. Whether it was falling down the rabbit’s hole, or attending a tea party, there had to be a price.

Or maybe the price was the sound of the two little pigs, running around and whispering to his ears, that Emiya Shirou heard?

Nevertheless, this was only the beginning. Or perhaps this was the conclusion.

“—!”

Shirou could only let out a wordless grunt as the tower that he rode took another step forward.

The blades of his body creaked in agony, and strengthened.
    —What, he did not know.
    Whatever it was, it had been taken as a price for his sanity. Pain of reality. The more he allowed himself to mingle with the existence of this creation he could not understand, the more would be taken from him.

But it is alright.
    Will reinforce it.
    Whatever it is, he will bring it back.

“…There isn’t anything that is more important right now.”

Shirou’s eyes, clouded momentarily by his sweat, bore a hole into the artificial barrier that loomed ahead of them.

A mockery of magecraft, a purple boundary infused with the characteristics of a certain magus.
    The darkness was like it had been his.
    Golden symbols and arcs, running through the space, informing where the boundary lay for the outside and the inside.

Within it, the factors outside the story could not affect. Not readers, not viewers…

…Perhaps, not even the author itself.

And it was through that boundary that the two of them were going.
    Straight through, two incompatible forms of magecraft.
    Crashing forth.

Broken down, broken down,
    My fair lady.

And thus, with a quake, an artificial rule and that which spits to the face of every accepted rule, met in a gigantic quake that ruptured the air.

Towering form of tangled wood rose up to rebel at the mundane world, the possible, and threw its arm forward.

The result was truly a sight to see.

An explosion so mighty it nearly threw Emiya Shirou off from his perch.

Build it up with wood and clay,
    Wood and clay, wood and clay,
    Build it up with wood and clay,
    My fair lady.

It was a miracle of innovation. Shirou knew that whoever had built the barrier was one of a kind mind, able to blend the nature of magecraft into technology.
    —But.
    Unfortunately, that was not enough.

Because, for the one who accompanied him, attacking that barrier was nothing more than a meager task, stomping a pitiful bug.

One who was the child of the green.
    An existence old enough to compare to Servants themselves, something that stood proudly against the time and endured, no matter what humanity threw at it.

What he was, Shirou understood only vaguely.
    Emeth.
    That was as much as he had seen, and he left it at that.
    He did not need to know more.

The Great Bridge roared and its fury descended upon the barrier.
    The whole part of the city seemed to shake under the weight of the Thames Troll, the creature that had finally unleashed its strength.

The area covered by the barrier was large enough to cover a whole section of the Miyama Town, all the way to the bridge.
    —And, even so, Falling Down’s mere collision with the Boundary Field caused the whole area to quake.

The giant roared.
    And the spirit of the city seemed to roar in return, for the barrier cracked under the weight of Falling Down.
    Pushed from two sides, by the base and the invader, the Bounded Field warped around the spot where the huge hand, made out of nothing but roots, had struck against the violet surface.

Mère l’Oye, a chant of a savior of this moment, filled the air.
    And the servant answered its master’s call.
    Roaring again, Falling Down brought down its other hand, sending rippling waves of pure destruction along the surface of the barrier.

And there, it appeared.
    A hole in the barrier.
    Ripped apart by roots, branches and vines, countless and growing in number. It appeared just below where Shirou stood, and there was no mistaking it.

—It was an invitation. For him.

To finish this fight.

“Then, I’ll see you on the other side. Once I’m done.”
    His words fell to deaf ears, and so, struggling to say them had been for naught.
    Shirou chuckled, only to find himself spitting out blood.

Array of blades hovered in his eyes for a moment, but by smacking himself, he drove away the nightmare.

He had to concentrate. Their mismatching natures could not bring down the end of this tale.
    Therefore, Shirou grasped his bow tight, and his sword even tighter, and sprinted from the extended hand into the pit below.

The switch between inside and outside was abrupt.
    Like passing through a veil of a theater, the canopy between the stage and the dark, he dropped down into the world of snow below.

—What greeted Emiya Shirou, was a battleground.

And what hit him straight, was a barrage of emotions. Commands, shouts, demands that ripped into his brain.
    There was a maelstrom of emotions that existed inside this Bounded Field.

And there was a single woman at the epicenter of that typhoon.

Long, dark hair, extended arms, gown as white as virtue.
    Her eyes saw nothing, and yet she saw everything.
    Shirou looked up to the skies in horror, understanding that he had been seen the moment he set his foot under the dome of this barrier.

—Her vision was in the sky. And she had noticed him.

“—E, yaargh, arr, gaa,gggggaaa!!”
    Shirou fell to his knees, clutching his head as the suggestions of death and suicide bombarded his head.
    There was nothing about him that could stand up in that storm.
    The voice of the woman was too strong, too encompassing to leave any part of hi free now that he had been seen.

He had entered the war with an intent to win, but not knowing what he was up against.
    Fujyou Kirie, the woman guarding the source of this all, the one trying to rip apart the status quo, had all but defeated Emiya Shirou.

It had been easy.
    He was nothing but a bunch of swords after all.
    Metal moved under her command, folding itself deeper and deeper, as his brains twisted in pain under the malicious, contradicting commands.
    All of the commands said “die”, yet none of them said it like the others.

That was what she had cast out from the sky, what she had seen upon him, and what she had made him feel.
    —Under her gaze, the very essence of suicidal impulse was festering inside Emiya Shirou.

But her concentration on him left her very open.
    Someone she thought she had defeated already had merely began her attack.
    And while the snow, the spirits and the storm raged in the clearing, a lithe figure, looking like she did not belong in that madness in any way, calmly approached the sight.

She was bleeding.
    She had been wounded.
    But still, Kuonji Alice calmly braved the mental assault that had brought Emiya Shirou to his knees.

A black confronting white, two girls so similar yet so different, facing each other in the quiet of the eye of the storm.

Other floating, other walking.
    Fujyou Kirie stared down at Alice, her eyes narrowed into an expression of pure rage.
    The ghostly body wavered under the strain of emotions.

“I should have, I should have, it should have—! Why was I not allowed to live!? Why was I not allowed to love him!? Why only me!?”

Kirie’s voice was like a strike against the face of the story itself.
    The resentment of a character who was cast down, unable to climb as high as the others did.
    Denied of the future she might have hoped for herself, even in the ink of someone else, she was permanently declared dead for the sake of the story, unlike all the others.
    —Therefore, she resented. She hated. Fujyou Kirie accepted the changing of the world in this Christmas miracle, and embraced it.

She would not float. She would finally fly.

…But, even those who fly, can have their wings plucked off by the cruelties of life.
    And such was the power at the fingertips of the girl opposing Kirie.

“…Let us start his. The night has grown already long. Dolls are perfect to oppose a body of a doll.”
    Kuonji Alice’s cold words rang throughout the clearing, chilling and strong.
    She did not back down an inch, though blood had stained her black clothes.
    She chose to act as a messenger of defeat in this foolish battle.

And,

“Here we are, once more, ready to serve!”
    “Not a moment too soon, not a moment too late!”

Out of the mist covering Alice, two forms appeared like fantasies of a little girl. Plump, round shapes, so unthreatening it was almost comical.
    Black and white pigs, adorned with bells, floated on both sides of Kuonji Alice, pointing their snouts straight at Kirie.

The long-haired woman recoiled back, fear shining in her eyes.
    She knew what was coming.
    It was the time of the Nocturnal Feast, the throw of a dice: Diddle Diddle.

“——“
    Alice did not have to say any words. The two would know what to do already. The far-too-happy pigs would perform what they were meant to do, and that was the extent of it.

Suddenly, the floating figure of Kirie swung down, her bare feet splashing against the melting snow.
    The raven hair unfurled in the wind, and her place face jolted straight up. Two eyes locked into the harmless looking pigs, and thus, the connection had been created.
    Be they familiars, be they Servants, as long as Kirie had her gaze set on to the target, she could turn them against their owner.

“—Fall!!”
    Her scream echoed towards the skies, causing a momentary lapse in the raging storm of emotions.
    They were no longer a free-spirited storm, trashing about, but a well-aimed arrow that pierced both of the pigs.

Released from his ensnarement, Emiya Shirou coughed and regained control.
    His feet dug into the snow, and he struck the sword into the ground. Thusly, he could lift himself up even though his mind had been ravaged by the conflicting commands.
    His body was creaking, moaning, rusting, because of his close proximity to Kuonji Alice and her creations.
    There was something in them that, by nature, opposed his own existence.
    But that did not mean he could not marvel their beauty.
    Especially not after those same dolls proceeded to save his life from the watching guardian that had been set to guard the scene of final battle.

Going to and fro, the two balls shaped like pigs bounced between the buildings, approaching Kirie in almost comical manner.
    Her shout of “Fall” struck them again and again, and the suggestion of the girl dug deep into the toys.
    —Yet it failed to affect them.

“———FALL!!!”

Arms raised, Fujyou Kirie screamed at the dolls, and her whole existence slammed against them.

A fatal mistake.

Like laughing at her misfortune, the pigs split in half, jagged mouths extending all the way to the end. In a cheerful fashion, they bit straight down, digging themselves deep into the woman’s flesh.
    —The overwhelming force was enough to make Kirie drop to her knees. She gasped for breath, panic glowing in her eyes.

Two pigs, biting all the way to her shoulders, had immobilized her perfectly.

“Now we have you!”
    “Now we got you!”
    ““Dum and Dee apologize for the inconvenience, but this is our job!””

Happily, so happily, the two pigs laughed.
    They were holding the girl down with relentless power, rendering both her body and her mind unusable.
    Just like that, the storm of emotions and death had calmed down, and was defeated along its creator.
    It had not been an effortless victory, the red marring the black of Alice’s clothes told that clearly.
    But, at the sight of another hero, Alice had known that she merely needed to stall Kirie. Be they different from familiars, the resistance to suggestion would only last as long as Kirie would not understand their true nature.

The moment the fantasy was understood, it became like a dream and ended.
    And its worst enemy was those of the lucid dreams, like Kirie, who commandeered what they saw.
    So, for now, the only thing Alice could do was to keep her in the dark, without knowledge.

—And, having done that, she turned towards the red-haired boy.

“…Emiya Shirou. Go. I shall remain here and guard this woman.”
    The voice of Alice was as cold as her expression. She bit her lip momentarily, chasing away the pain, before her stern eyes moved to the boy again.

“There is someone waiting for you out there. Fighting and waiting. She is keeping the change at bay all by herself. So, go.”

—That was an order. An order Emiya Shirou gladly accepted.

“Yeah. I will.”

His feet kicked the snow and like a whirlwind, he took off, grasping his bow and his arrow.
    Emiya Shirou quietly left behind the scene of the battle and the two girls, one opposing the change and one endorsing it.
    He himself had not truly understood what was going on, but he knew that there was trouble. There was a chance that someone might get hurt. Even killed.
    He had to stop it.

“—Ha, haa, hah, haa, haa!”

His breathing grew more and more ragged as he tore his feet of the chilling ground, putting one foot ahead the other.
    The streets were bathing in the streams of lights that exploded nearby. Maybe behind the next building, maybe behind the one after that.
    Since the sound was coming from everywhere, Shirou could not make out the source.
    But he knew he was getting closer and closer.
    There was no need to see where it was. He would knew when he would get there. And till then, he would have to move as fast as his body allowed him to.

“Nnngghh!!”
    —The swords creaked in the frost.
    His body, even without doing anything, had been put through a lot today.

But it was not yet over.
    As Shirou passed yet another corner, he could feel the prana splash against his face, as yet another explosion ravaged the peaceful town of snow.

After all,

—He had arrived into the middle of a war.

“---------------!!”

A brown blur moved through the snow, and something sharp and metallic gleamed momentarily in the air.
    It cut through the snow with elegance of an opening flower, yet with enough speed to decapitate anyone.
    That move, flawlessly executed, was crushed to pieces as the opposing force spun around and kicked the hand that held the sword.

But that was not enough. Before the kick had even been begun, the one holding the sword had jumped up.
    She easily let go of the sword, and pulled up an array of syringes to her left hand, plunging them down, towards her opponent’s neck.

And then it happened. Another explosion. Cursing under her breath, the girl whipped a piece of sapphire from her sleeve and struck it straight against the syringes.
    The resulting explosion, both of the magical power in the gem as well as the liquids inside the syringes, threw the opposing combatants away from each other, beaten and battered.

It was then that Shirou finally saw who the two were.
    —Luvia, her right hand completely limp and her dress torn, blood covering her tired face.
    —Kohaku, her kimono in shreds, hair flowing freely, angry expression on her bruised face. Blood seeped down her exposed leg.

“You… I don’t get you. I simply do not get you.”
    Kohaku’s voice was as accusing as her eyes, boring a hole into the soul of Luvia.

“You are one of us, are you not, Luvia-san? A heroine forgotten by the writers, forgotten by the readers, by the creators themselves?! Someone who might or might not have gotten their time, only to end up the limbo afterwards!”

Her shout was an ugly thing to hear.
    Truly, the resentment in Kohaku’s voice was understandable. Shirou, though he could not relate to the situation, sympathized with her, in his own way.
    But he did not accept it.

And he saw, from the eyes of Luvia, that neither did she.

“Q-quit… quit talking trash, you crazy maid. That isn’t how this world works.”

Luvia, despite everything, managed to smile smugly at Kohaku.

“Readers, writers, who cares about any of that crap…? It’s our own job to do what needs to be done. Take a hold of the reins of fate by our own hands, not through some miracle that might or might not exist.”
    —Luvia spat to the ground, looking as equally angry.

“I don’t care that I am a side-character. I don’t care that I don’t have my own route. What I care about is that Shero is spending a Christmas with me, and I’m going to take everything I can out of that.”

“L-Luvia?”
    Surprised by such a proclamation, Shirou, with flushed cheeks, took a step backwards.
    His eyes met with equally flustered eyes of Luvia, only now realized that they had company.

“Erm… well, Shero. That’s… how it is.”
    Luvia groaned and bit her lip, before pointing weakly at the boy.
    “This is a bad time to talk. Let’s wrap things up here, and then I can explain it all. About how I feel.”

“Sounds good.”
    Shirou smiled at the girl, and loaded the sword to his bow. He placed it on the string, and gazed into the darkness.

—Like he had expected, during their short talk, the mechanical warriors of the maid before them had arrived to help their master.

“I’ll handle the robots. You defeat Kohaku-san.”
    Shirou walked next to Luvia, so that their backs faced each other. Luvia, with a grin, patted his shoulder and turned her attention to the maid once more.

“Sure enough. One crazy maid vs. hundred crazy robots. I say it’s close to a fair trade.”

----------------And without further words, the fight exploded into action, rage of the combatants lighting up the sky.

“—!”
    Shirou’s first arrow flied straight into the crowd, cleaving asunder tens and tens of robotic maids.
    The magical bullet, red in color and with destruction in its core, rends into the mechanical mass without mercy.
    —Explosion shakes the grounds, causing more and more of the robots to fall.

Trace, On!

Twenty seconds.
    Simply by opening up his circuits and summoning forth the projectile he already had an focused image of, he could create it in 20 seconds.
    By allowing the trigger to rise and lower, he grasped yet another Hrunting, and trained it at the approaching mech-maids.

“—Ha, Haaaa—!”

The second shot pierces the air, and the metal of the building shreaks.
    Cracks run through the ground, and send crackling energy amongst the opponents.
    Shirou’s eyes, fixated to the approaching threats, see that their mass extends all the way to the root of the bridge.

That’s too many. There are simply too many.
    But it does not stop him.
    A bullet flies past him, and stray one. And it does not stop him. As the destructions spreads after the wake of the second shot, the few who could aim their weapons at him get a free shot.

A bullet hits his shoulder.
    Meaningless.
    The liquefied metal dents the swords, but cannot pass through. The creaking sound is in harmony how his teeth grind together, but the pain is irrelevant.
    —Produce another sword. Another shot.

Twenty seconds are up.

Hrunting, the hound of red plains, howls once more, and is released to the crowd.
    The mechanical automatons groan and vanish in explosions, and yet they do not complain. They simply continue advancing.

“…Gnh—!”
    Shirou forced himself to stand his ground. His leg goes for a sweep, kicking down the closest advancing maid.
    Meanwhile, his hand draws yet another black, twisted, crooked arrow from the air.

There is no need for him to fear the assailants.
    After all, he trusted his back to Luvia. And Luvia, in turn, trusted her back to him.
    For that reason, more than anything else…

“—No one shall pass, here!”
    Shirou’s roar is accompanied by another sword, tearing apart the mechanical army and exploding in a red whirlwind of power, just like all the previous ones.

And, behind his back, a similar strong opposition to this change, to this selfish desire, is formed.
    One accepting her part in the stories, yet never losing faith, never resorting to altering the truth itself.
    Luvia, with a mocking smile thrown against the face of Kohaku, digs into the pocket of her skirt.

“Do you know, Kohaku-san? There is a saying in my homeland…”
    Luvia’s smirk becomes freezing.
    “They say that the dress was invented to ensure that women could not run faster than men. If they were, men would be hunted down by the women.”

Kohaku, confounded by these strange words, narrowed her eyes.
    “What… why do you say it now?”

“It is just something you should know, Kohaku-san.”

Her fighting-style, wrestling, had disappeared from Luvia’s stance altogether. There was nothing but the useless arm and the other arm, reaching for something in her pocket.
    —It was unnerving, even for Kohaku, who had seen it all.
    “Let’s go then. This is for the sake of all of those who yet keep on trying, and do not succumb. Never succumb.”

Perhaps Kohaku was about to say something, no, she was definitely about to say something. Nevertheless, her words are torn apart by the dress that is ripped aside.
    Luviagelita Edelfelt, the pride of her clan, simply rips off her skirt like it had been her shackles.

And just like that, its blue surface, rippling waves, are replaced by an even brighter, blue glow.

“Path, Set.

Limit, None.

Harmony in the name of Two.

This is our power.”

The shine and brilliance of the Mystic Code is without equal.
    —No, it is not a Mystic Code. Or, it was. Or perhaps it is now.
    No magus, other than those of the Edelfelt-clan, could answer that question.

The two tattoos on her legs, brilliant blue in color, spreading like two wings that want to encompass the whole sky.
    Their stylized feathers wrap around her muscular legs, and prana runs through their surface like in a kaleidoscopic reactor.
    Her arms folded under her breasts, Luviagelita Edelfelt allows the two tattoos owned by her to accumulate power from the world, staring down at Kohaku.

—Double Life.

The connection between the sisters of Edelfelts, and the fruit of their labor. These tattoos are what connects the twin heirs, creating the effect the world knows as “Scales.”
    They are supposed to be used b twins.
    One in each.
    —And yet.
    Luvia is in possession of them both. An artifact which generates, compresses, and accelerates prana, causing it to course through her like another stream of blood.

“What’s wrong? This is only the end.”

Luvia’s eyes glow with cerulean light.

And springs into action, reducing the snow under her into a pile of dirt.
    Sensing the approaching monster, Kohaku jumps back and grabs her sword from the ground.
    Hidden inside a bamboo-broom, it is the sword that has served her well so far.
    But now, before this enemy, she feels… fear.
    She feels that her sword can simply break.

Blade flashes, and the magic crashes, the two forces meet in a wild whirlwind-melee that threatens to engulf their surroundings.
    It is purely a physical confrontations, made so blindingly fast that even Shirou would not be able to keep up with it, were he to look.