Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Epoch: Chosen (OOC Thread)

No rush. I'm pretty sure everyone is bogged down by finals and holiday shenanigans.

Spoiler:

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Monday for me, since that's when coursework is due.

Current Fanfics:

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Morm, Neko, tell me how shitty my character is.

Kaleidoscope walker Nicktendonick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm.....*takes a interest and makes note of this*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Morm, Neko, tell me how shitty my character is.
    So shitty I'm entertaining letting him in.

And as a side note, please read the manual before making your character sheets, please.

It will make me annoyed to find that someone is asking a question answered in it, so read it.

We put lots of effort into it guys
    Last edited by Mormarth; December 15th, 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After careful consideration of my workload in RPs and my fanfic, factoring in that this RP will have a bigger workload than others due to the different system, I decided to drop out.

Sorry guys.

Here's the sheet for everyone who is curious I guess:
    Spoiler:
    "Hehe, do you hear that, punk? That's the sound of HURT!”

Name: Melodee „Dee“ McCall
    Alias: Boom Box
    Appearance: 170 cm tall, black girl, very lean and thin. Black hair, brown eyes with uneven-looking pupils (she suffers from ROP and is almost completely blind)
    Costume: A friend at school suggested that she needed a costume, but seeing that she was blind she never found a need for it. For her birthday her friend assembled some clothes to give her a uniform look when she goes out fighting crime. A white, comfortable zip hoodie with a black, stylized boom box on the chest, matching white track pants (Heroes need comfort and flexibility!), black leather gloves, white sneakers and a piece of white linen bandage with the words “boom box” written on it, which she uses to cover her eyes.

In addition to this she always wears big headphones around her neck.
    Personality: he is cheerful and outgoing, almost hyperactive to some, and despite her “outsider” nature pretty quick to make friends. However, she can also be angered pretty quickly, be it if someone insults her taste in music or does something that goes against her strong sense of justice. In a fight she can quickly become overly zealous against those that attack innocents or those dear to her, to a frightening degree, thus she is in need of someone who is able to calm her down during such situations, to prevent her from going overboard.
    Major Power: Sound Manipulation. Dee can create soundwaves, traveling any direction she wishes, starting from any point she wishes in a radius of 500 meters around her. This allows her to subdue criminals by rupturing their eardrums with incredibly loud sounds. To use her powers to such a degree however she needs to focus, something she accomplishes by blasting music with her power that slowly increases in volume, thus a stealthy use of her powers is impossible. An average use of her power has a startup time from 20 seconds upwards.

Her trump card is the so called “Bass Cannon”, a move in which she, after a short preparation time, creates a continuous stream of compressed air with a diameter of roughly one meter, able to blow away a 200-pound adult and crash them into a nearby wall.
    Her “kryptonite” is free time music, especially free form Jazz. She needs to focus and maintain a steady rhythm when using her powers, thus exposure to free time music turns her completely powerless.
    Minor Powers: Echolocation. Dee can use the sound of her steps, or artificially created sounds with her power to visualize her environment, effectively granting her 360° vision, though her vision becomes less accurate and has more “lag” the farther objects are away from her.
    Sound Mimicry. Dee is a musical savant and can instantly recognize and mimic sounds and melodies. This also allows her to “eliminate” sounds as long as she is able to focus by creating destructive interference.

Essentially she is best used as “artillery” behind other, physically adept heroes that are able to protect her as she tries to use her power.
    History: Born to a single mother in the Bronx, Melodee's life wasn't off to a great start. Diagnosed as an infant with GOP, with her mother unable to pay for a surgery due to the debt her ex-boyfriend left her in, she was always seen as an outsider in her childhood years, never able to play with other kids due to her blindness. Thus she turned to something else. Music.

She had an incredible talent for it, and while her mother had to work multiple jobs, day and night for it, she was able to enter a special needs school, read braille and eventually braille sheet music. For every other birthday she was gifted another worn-down instrument from a thrift store, thus she was able to hone her talent and eventually get into a performing arts high-school in Manhattan with a scholarship.
    However, it was then that she discovered that her passion lied not in classical music, but in electronic music. Her mother was not pleased with her change of heart, but supported her girl nevertheless in her journey to become a producer. Working as a store clerk on the weekends she managed to scratch together a bit of money, which she used to buy off used studio equipment from the more wealthy students in her class. This was the starting point of her “career”.

But 3 months from this point, her life radically changed.

The phenomenon that occurred on the 21st of December changed her forever.
    Going home from a long school day, through her dangerous neighborhood, she heard a group of thugs trying to mug an old lady, who, even when threatened with a knife, adamantly refused to give up her purse.
    It would have been wiser to ignore them, especially since she was not exactly able to defend herself with her cane. But still, she became furious, shouting insults at them. Their attention was now focused on her, the woman was able to escape. But these gangster were not above mugging a blind girl.

As she was held up by her collar by one of the gangsters, faint music could be heard. First she thought it was a cellphone of the gangsters, since her music player was switched off and her phone was unable to play music.
    But as she heard that even a gangster asked his buddies where the music came from, she became as shocked as they did.
    A second later, the volume of the music had increased so violently that the gangsters had to cover their ears, writhing on the ground in pain.
    At that moment she realized where the music came from. The track that was playing was one of her favorites.
    It came from her.

In the following days she spent more and more of her free time trying to hone her power, even showing it to a schoolmate of hers, Katie. They both heard the news of others awakening their powers in the recent days, but Dee was determined to keep her powers a secret. Still, she knew that she now had a tool to help her troubled neighborhood.

Quickly Katie became her number one fan, even going as far as designing a “costume” and epitaph for her friend.
    From this day on, Dee used the little free time she had to give her community something back.

She had become a superhero.

[04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    After careful consideration of my workload in RPs and my fanfic, factoring in that this RP will have a bigger workload than others due to the different system, I decided to drop out.

Sorry guys.

Here's the sheet for everyone who is curious I guess:
    Spoiler:
    "Hehe, do you hear that, punk? That's the sound of HURT!”

Name: Melodee „Dee“ McCall
    Alias: Boom Box
    Appearance: 170 cm tall, black girl, very lean and thin. Black hair, brown eyes with uneven-looking pupils (she suffers from ROP and is almost completely blind)
    Costume: A friend at school suggested that she needed a costume, but seeing that she was blind she never found a need for it. For her birthday her friend assembled some clothes to give her a uniform look when she goes out fighting crime. A white, comfortable zip hoodie with a black, stylized boom box on the chest, matching white track pants (Heroes need comfort and flexibility!), black leather gloves, white sneakers and a piece of white linen bandage with the words “boom box” written on it, which she uses to cover her eyes.

In addition to this she always wears big headphones around her neck.
    Personality: he is cheerful and outgoing, almost hyperactive to some, and despite her “outsider” nature pretty quick to make friends. However, she can also be angered pretty quickly, be it if someone insults her taste in music or does something that goes against her strong sense of justice. In a fight she can quickly become overly zealous against those that attack innocents or those dear to her, to a frightening degree, thus she is in need of someone who is able to calm her down during such situations, to prevent her from going overboard.
    Major Power: Sound Manipulation. Dee can create soundwaves, traveling any direction she wishes, starting from any point she wishes in a radius of 500 meters around her. This allows her to subdue criminals by rupturing their eardrums with incredibly loud sounds. To use her powers to such a degree however she needs to focus, something she accomplishes by blasting music with her power that slowly increases in volume, thus a stealthy use of her powers is impossible. An average use of her power has a startup time from 20 seconds upwards.

Her trump card is the so called “Bass Cannon”, a move in which she, after a short preparation time, creates a continuous stream of compressed air with a diameter of roughly one meter, able to blow away a 200-pound adult and crash them into a nearby wall.
    Her “kryptonite” is free time music, especially free form Jazz. She needs to focus and maintain a steady rhythm when using her powers, thus exposure to free time music turns her completely powerless.
    Minor Powers: Echolocation. Dee can use the sound of her steps, or artificially created sounds with her power to visualize her environment, effectively granting her 360° vision, though her vision becomes less accurate and has more “lag” the farther objects are away from her.
    Sound Mimicry. Dee is a musical savant and can instantly recognize and mimic sounds and melodies. This also allows her to “eliminate” sounds as long as she is able to focus by creating destructive interference.

Essentially she is best used as “artillery” behind other, physically adept heroes that are able to protect her as she tries to use her power.
    History: Born to a single mother in the Bronx, Melodee's life wasn't off to a great start. Diagnosed as an infant with GOP, with her mother unable to pay for a surgery due to the debt her ex-boyfriend left her in, she was always seen as an outsider in her childhood years, never able to play with other kids due to her blindness. Thus she turned to something else. Music.

She had an incredible talent for it, and while her mother had to work multiple jobs, day and night for it, she was able to enter a special needs school, read braille and eventually braille sheet music. For every other birthday she was gifted another worn-down instrument from a thrift store, thus she was able to hone her talent and eventually get into a performing arts high-school in Manhattan with a scholarship.
    However, it was then that she discovered that her passion lied not in classical music, but in electronic music. Her mother was not pleased with her change of heart, but supported her girl nevertheless in her journey to become a producer. Working as a store clerk on the weekends she managed to scratch together a bit of money, which she used to buy off used studio equipment from the more wealthy students in her class. This was the starting point of her “career”.

But 3 months from this point, her life radically changed.

The phenomenon that occurred on the 21st of December changed her forever.
    Going home from a long school day, through her dangerous neighborhood, she heard a group of thugs trying to mug an old lady, who, even when threatened with a knife, adamantly refused to give up her purse.
    It would have been wiser to ignore them, especially since she was not exactly able to defend herself with her cane. But still, she became furious, shouting insults at them. Their attention was now focused on her, the woman was able to escape. But these gangster were not above mugging a blind girl.

As she was held up by her collar by one of the gangsters, faint music could be heard. First she thought it was a cellphone of the gangsters, since her music player was switched off and her phone was unable to play music.
    But as she heard that even a gangster asked his buddies where the music came from, she became as shocked as they did.
    A second later, the volume of the music had increased so violently that the gangsters had to cover their ears, writhing on the ground in pain.
    At that moment she realized where the music came from. The track that was playing was one of her favorites.
    It came from her.

In the following days she spent more and more of her free time trying to hone her power, even showing it to a schoolmate of hers, Katie. They both heard the news of others awakening their powers in the recent days, but Dee was determined to keep her powers a secret. Still, she knew that she now had a tool to help her troubled neighborhood.

Quickly Katie became her number one fan, even going as far as designing a “costume” and epitaph for her friend.
    From this day on, Dee used the little free time she had to give her community something back.

She had become a superhero.

Oh.... Well, shit.

My character is waaaaay too overpowered compared to this....

Blog Entries
    We should start weak-ish from what I got (then again she could have killed anybody who is unable to dodge attacks at the speed of sound, lol).

But I guess no need to sweat it, you write your own plots here so you'll just have to create bigger antagonists.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    @Buster: Nice, man. Nice. Made me remember Shriek (Batman Beyond) and Midvalley the Hornfreak (Trigun Maximum); good stuff.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    i'm being way too influenced by Arachnid​ right now, lol

Current Fanfics:

Blog Entries
    Seems like an interesting RP too, but how can you even find an original character ? I couldn't, being too influenced by marvel/comics. I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

Blog Entries
    i'm not a comic person, so it's not that hard.

and LOL WTF DAIKI I'VE HAD THAT AVATAR BEFORE wanna be twinsies? :3

Current Fanfics:

Also, a public announcement. Some of you may be aware of this, but profiles are public, that is, I will show them to my internet friends and let them offer critique and silly jokes.

If you do not want this, I may have already done it anyway.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well I know mine'll be laughed at heaps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    @Buster: Nice, man. Nice. Made me remember Shriek (Batman Beyond) and Midvalley the Hornfreak (Trigun Maximum); good stuff.
    Fun fact, she was once planned as (more hyperactive and more Japanese, less attitude) level 5 ESPer in Index (kinda created itself, never really planned to join lol).

But her powerset would have been adjusted to the more absolutely stupid disregard for reality in Index, that is melt steel with ultrasound, "scan" objects with music then cause resonance with sound, bursting them, disinfect wounds with sound, sound blades, you name it. I had to tone her down for this though, lol.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Bass Cannon"?

I'm reminded of a certain DJ...

Also, obligatory, "Drop the Bass", joke:

Blog Entries
    She's really bad at fishing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suncofold View Post
    i'm not a comic person, so it's not that hard.

and LOL WTF DAIKI I'VE HAD THAT AVATAR BEFORE wanna be twinsies? :3
    Sure thing.

Note to everyone: I'm having internet problems at the moment and my log-on schedule is going to be sporadic until it is fixed. You can continue to send PMs to me, but until I get a consistent link to the internet, please direct all questions to Mormanth for the time being. I apologize for any hassles they might cause (sorry Morm ;A; ).

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Note to everyone: I'm having internet problems at the moment and my log-on schedule is going to be sporadic until it is fixed. You can continue to send PMs to me, but until I get a consistent link to the internet, please direct all questions to Mormanth for the time being. I apologize for any hassles they might cause (sorry Morm ;A; ).
    Okay man, that was alright for a bit. BUT THEN YOU JUST HAD TO DO IT DIDN'T YOU.

>Mormanth

i thought we were friends ;_;