Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa

Blog Entries
    Welp, hopefully the sales for this is good enough that we get Super Dangan Ronpa 2 soon after then... School Mode should be with Dangan Ronpa, so no worries there.

I'm hyped. Thanks for the info. I'm glad to see it make it over here. I hope it's a great sucess...

Quote Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
    Stripping out Super Dangan Ronpa 2 I hope doesn't mean School Mode and Danganronpa IF are stripped out too.
    I don't think they're stripping out Super Danganronpa 2 so much as they are just releasing the first one. Why they aren't releasing the two in one is utterly baffling to me. Are Vita sales that low in America? Could they only get the rights to currently released games? And the name Trigger Happy Havoc is just kind of odd. I guess they wanted to communicate the shooting aspect somehow but it seems to give the wrong impression about the game. Even in the shooting mini games firing wildly looks like a bad idea.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I don't think they're stripping out Super Danganronpa 2 so much as they are just releasing the first one. Why they aren't releasing the two in one is utterly baffling to me. Are Vita sales that low in America? Could they only get the rights to currently released games? And the name Trigger Happy Havoc is just kind of odd. I guess they wanted to communicate the shooting aspect somehow but it seems to give the wrong impression about the game. Even in the shooting mini games firing wildly looks like a bad idea.
    Vita owners are a myth more or less. It's a console with nothing on it, so that's not shocking. And much as it may annoy me, it's also not shocking that they wouldn't want to spend a ton of money translating two niche titles with no guarantee of return on a console nobody owns.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The thing with the Vita is that every good game for it is an overworked version of an older classic.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, being full of ports and remakes will do that. Well, releasing it close to the airing of the anime will help. Heck, if Funimation only has streaming license, maybe NISA will take the disc license for Dangan Ronpa The Animation too.

I like the Vita. I love the Vita. In fact, I love the Vita so much, I have two. One I use regularly because I've accepted that Ciel no Surge DLCs will keep on rolling out until the day I die, and one I haven't even opened yet for the past year.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I like the Vita. I love the Vita. In fact, I love the Vita so much, I have two. One I use regularly because I've accepted that Ciel no Surge DLCs will keep on rolling out until the day I die, and one I haven't even opened yet for the past year.
    That seems like a waste. Good-hearted man that i am, i could take it off you if youd like.

Pai buys more stuff than I do.

I won't quote... But, I'm responding to the whole ripping the game from the vita port and the whole confusion about school mode..

From what I read in articles it strictly said "There will be no school of mutual killing" (or something close to that.) Dangan Ronpa reloaded is a different scenario with different goals. Where monokuma controls the students and etc. I don't exactly understand everything yet.

Also, Dangan Ronpa 1 was released on PSN/IOS/ and other things for a while now. So it's not ripping and etc. It's more like they already put it up to be easily ported.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw7tcRa-_6g

Some random fun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKBmi-MlzY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py7XKZENiDk
    Last edited by arvelous; July 7th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Junko Figure. Fuck yes!
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Game coming to US Vita? Heck yes.

Granted, it's not the DR/SDR2 combo pack, but I'll take what I can get.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stuff from Neogaf

- The plan right now is to have dual audio, so unless something crazy happens, that should be set.

- We're working on casting right now. Yes we're taking it very seriously, and yes some of these characters are a very big pain in the butt to try and find the right actor.

- We were/are aware of the fan translation, but we determined pretty early on that for a number of reasons, doing everything in-house was the way for us to go. I don't think I can really get more specific than that.

- I don't know what the timeline looks like, but it will be coming to Europe.

- I can't say anything about physical/digital cuz we haven't started working on that, but if you look at our history, pretty much the only things that have been digital are later PSP titles (with the exception of Clan of Champions, which...yeah).

- I can't really say anything about the sequel either, but I can say that everyone should buy copies of Dangan 1 for all their friends and family.

- With how much exposure the story already has, I'm sure our version will disappoint a few people no matter what we do, but everyone working on the game is super pumped about it and we hope our effort comes across, even for those who don't necessarily dig it.
    Dual Audio is the reason why I would get it. If it doesn't suck of course.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    I wonder who they'll cast Johnny Yong Bosch as.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Naegi or Hagakure.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Banned
    Naegi will be Spike Spencer, JYB is for Togami.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So, everyone, favorite execution that never happened? Mine would have to be Maizono's - not only would it have been dripping with irony it would also have had the potential to be just as shit-just-got-real-inducingly brutal and bloody inducing as Leon's.

Bonus points to Chihiro's, if only because I'm a gaming nerd and the sidescrolling homage with old-school looking whatever-bit graphic sprites would've been a grand thing to see. Though Togami's would've been really cool if we got to see imagery sporting the Monobear equivalent to Dante's circles of Hell on the way down.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Hagakure, just because the choice that isn't actually a choice is great and then on top of that the door eats him lol wat.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    So, everyone, favorite execution that never happened? Mine would have to be Maizono's - not only would it have been dripping with irony it would also have had the potential to be just as shit-just-got-real-inducingly brutal and bloody inducing as Leon's.

Bonus points to Chihiro's, if only because I'm a gaming nerd and the sidescrolling homage with old-school looking whatever-bit graphic sprites would've been a grand thing to see. Though Togami's would've been really cool if we got to see imagery sporting the Monobear equivalent to Dante's circles of Hell on the way down.
    Did they actually make videos of those?
    Considering his extreme complex about his weakness and trapness, combined with Monokuma's personality,im guessing Chihiro's execution wouldve been something like crushing his crotch or ripping it off and letting him bleed to death. Definately wouldve been too squicky.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    No they didn't. And no that's not even what would've happened to Chihiro didn't you even read what I said?

Here's the thing. There used to be a blog that translated the information on all of the unused executions from an official Dangan Ronpa material book, but that thing got evaporated into the internets. If you check the TVTropes Character Page for the first game you'll find 'em.