Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 81316171819202328 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    SDR2 Chapter 5 Spoiler/Important Setting Mechanic

TIL SHSL Talents are awakened Origins.

We're now this much closer to justifying crappy crossovers.
    My Little Pony sure has gotten deep.

@Rodyle
    ha, that feels so good to read after seeing so many people on tumblr claim the people rehosting the Let's Play and putting it in zip files to download were somehow evil people for not going along with oren's wishes. Guess that just goes to show how invested people can get in 10 dollars spent.

Kind of bummed the other Let's Play is currently down, or rather the images are down. Will have to read later I guess.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Spoiler up to Chapter 6 in Dangan Ronpa 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    I kind of get the feeling that it's virtual reality or something, because some executions as well as Gungnir seem questionable. Trying to keep an open mind about that, but so far it's hard to rationalize those.
    While I was more talking about Dangan Ronpa in general, it seems that I nailed it for 2. Although I was thinking that both 1 and 2 were in virtual reality, then again I haven't gotten to the part where the Dangan Ronpa 1 characters appear yet so that has yet to be seen.

Also so far my theory of them being from Depair seems pretty likely and is all but confirmed at this point. I became suspicious once we were told that all the reverse students, except for Hinata, committed suicide. Coupled with Tsumiki acting really weird, Nagito giving everyone the cold shoulder after getting the files. Not to mention the, creepy, way Nagito acted before that treating himself as a setting stone his twisted logic. His murder only solidified that because it seemed to be setup so everyone but the traitor would die and that goes against everything he stood for until then. Unless of course they're all despair and only the traitor embodies hope. The creepy scene with Nagito having Junko's hand as his own. And now the email to Naegi, who protected Despair students, was pretty much the nail in the coffin.

Oh also that would explain why they've took the memories, because they wanted to "cure" them. Come to think of it the way the little kid/dancer, forgot how to write her name, acted was always weird, too.

The fourth trial instantly made me like Gundam. Started liking Nidai before he got "injured" a little and by the time he died I already liked him a lot. I really didn't think that Gundam actually planned to sacrifice himself, I actually managed to somewhat figure out it was him, but I didn't think that it was his goal for them to find out. All in all that case/motif was in pretty poor taste there wasn't really much of a choice. In the first game you could've just not cared for the outside/your secret being revealed/the money. Okay the last trial in 1 was pretty dumb too, since it was all a setup, but still.

Also was really hoping that after that trial it was over with the deaths, but Nagito and his, pretty amazing, plan foiled that I guess. Kind of a bummer, but at the same time it was a great case. What a curve ball that was. Nagito was an interesting character, probably one of my favorites. Definitely sucks to see him gone. Also it was pretty neat to "play" as him for a while.

Hm, I get the feeling I forgot something, that I wanted to address.

Ah, right I remember still hoping that somehow everyone (Including 1.) somehow lives (Still hoping that 1 was a virtual reality as well.), but chances are that it'll be the "old" "it fried their brain after a "game over" thing.".

The "Because it's a game" part made me laugh. Good to see that they explained their lack of growth, though. I didn't even consider that and that makes it more probable that one was "only" a virtual reality as well, since Naegi and Maizono were together in school before chances are that they'd notice that they're 1 year older as well. Looking forward to Naegi and the others.
    Last edited by Malgos; July 13th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Super Dangan Ronpa 2's subtitle should actually be "The One where we will Without a Doubt Kill ALL of your Favorite Characters Before all is Said and Done."
    But yeah it got really great. Best part about SDR2 for me was how it constantly toyed around with my expectations and how the comparison/contrasts dichotomy between the prequel and the first game is thematically significant. It edged on metagaming at times, which in this case proved super effective.

Fingers crossed that Spike hurry up and release Mega Dangan Ronpa Land 3 Electric Boogaloo in good time. Or whatever the sequel's name would be if there were a sequel.

Chapter 5's Execution

This image has never been more appropriate. Except replace "cartoon" with "artificial intelligence" - and that "a" with "an" so that it's grammatically correct. All of this subtle Fourth Wall poking directed at the player, Spike.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 13th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

But, reloaded seems hype already. I wonder if SDR2 is going to change that much honestly.... The focus seems to be the new school mode. I wonder if we'll get actual Mukuro sprites are will she use the wig the whole way through even if you max her links and other small things. Also, it seems like you guys were right about it being a rip of it... IT really seems like it's heading that way.

Banned
    Dangan Ronpa IF is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    Dangan Ronpa IF is awesome.
    Just read it today?
    What you did you enjoy about it?

Also, I just finished Dangan Ronpa Zero.... Man my head is all dizzy. But, it was truly a nice read. I would recommend it. But, man get ready for a train ride of emotions.....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hm IF and Zero are novels, right? Where can one read them? And is knowledge of SDR2 necessary for any of them?

http://untuned-strings.blogspot.ca/

Check miscellaneous translations for Danganronpa IF. Stay for the Vamp translations.

The only person I know who's translating Danganronpa Zero is oren over at Something Awful (it's in the Super Danganronpa 2 thread) so you'll want a work around for the spoiler ads on that one.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    http://untuned-strings.blogspot.ca/

Check miscellaneous translations for Danganronpa IF. Stay for the Vamp translations.

The only person I know who's translating Danganronpa Zero is oren over at Something Awful (it's in the Super Danganronpa 2 thread) so you'll want a work around for the spoiler ads on that one.
    Far as i know, PZ is also working on Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Hm IF and Zero are novels, right? Where can one read them? And is knowledge of SDR2 necessary for any of them?
    IF is ins SDR2 as a bonus..
    Basically what Terra said

http://untuned-strings.blogspot.ca/s...dangan%20ronpa
    Made a PDF of his translation...
    Just in case anyone else likes reading in this format.
    ****************************download/nr...Strings%5D.pdf

Zero Can be read here
    A peaceful tropical vacation with Super Dangan Ronpa 2 - The Something Awful Forums
    Then the rest here
    http://silveryogi.tumblr.com/tagged/dr0-summaries
    Last edited by arvelous; July 15th, 2013 at 02:18 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So back during Celes' case, i had been wondering wether the guy kneeling in front of her in her delusion wasnt looking eerily a lot like Naegi (or possibly Togame, hard to tell from behind), but i had dismissed it as coincidence. Just not finished her social link in the aftergame though, and she says Naegi is Rank C with possibly potential to become the first rank B or A person for her, and that rank C people were her "knights", so possibly the guys she wanted to live in her castle. Do you think that might be right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arvelous View Post
    Just read it today?
    What you did you enjoy about it?
    IF spoilers
    I enjoyed getting to see Mondo, Mukoro, and Sakura break fucking bad. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't assault the upper floors though, and instead just left Junko in her fortress.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    IF spoilers
    I enjoyed getting to see Mondo, Mukoro, and Sakura break fucking bad. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't assault the upper floors though, and instead just left Junko in her fortress.

lawl, dat edit
    (Aoi is kind of a slut though, having all three get her prgnant. Also ive been wondering, with that CG, how and why did Genocider/Author die there, anyways....)

>Togami bangs out Aoi
    >Touko commits suicide

Banned
    Blog Entries
    figures.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It has occurred to me that a DR fighting game would be all kinds of awesome, if a tad unfeasible and/or difficult to justify.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If they can justify an Umineko fighting game (which was also all kinds of awesome), then they can also justify a DR fighting game.
    Would just be a slight little bit strange since Naegi's fighting style would definately be very projectile-heavy, which is pretty unusual for a main-character.
    Asahina: mainly kicks, water-based attacks, Donut-projectiles, maybe a "run into the enemy with her boobs first" move which stuns them.
    Togami: word-projectiles of abuse which stun, money-throwing and money-punches. His super shall be either him taking out his cell and calling a golden Helicopter to drop tons of money on the enemy, or some allusion to the Genocider-forgery.
    Sakura: Obvious completely physical attacks, maybe a "drink protein" move that heals a little of the life-gauge.
    Touko/Genocider: manually possible to change between the two modes, Genocider is close-range with scissors, maybe a special-attack with her iconic tongue, Touko is long-range with projectiles of pages of romance-novels, and maybe a dirty-talk-special.
    Hamazura: mainly physical, maybe some crystal ball projectiles, maybe a skill that makes dodging easier to allude to the fortune telling, and his Final shall be stronger than most of the others but have only a 1/3 chance of succeeding even if it hits.
    Leon: strong physical with Baseball bat, baseball-projectiles.
    True Junko: should be about as versatile and chaotic as Arakune.
    Kirigiri: hmmmm a smuch as i like her im having problems coming up with ideas for her fighting style, honestly. Maybe some "scan" skill that she can do before attacking which breaks defense and makes the next attack do extra damage by finding a weak point?
    Ikusaba Mukuro: well, soldier-stuff. Guns, grenades, martial arts. the most classic character probably.
    Yamada: rolling and flattening the enemy, drawing Mahou Shoujo's who will come to life and either act as projectiles or autonomously fight for a short time, his final shall either be an allusion to the Justice Hammer killing or a parody of Starlight Breaker.
    Ishida: mainly strong physical close-range, his special beeing a time-limited transformation in white-haired Ishida with Biker's ghost and the Crazy Diamond pickaxe like in that one artwork, and a pickaxe-combo in that mode.
    Biker-guy: (why did i forget his name?) well, slow but strong physical, special summoning of a bike and running over the other player.
    Chihiro/Alter Ego: distance-attacks with computer-themes, Pacman-projectiles and electroshocks.

And now im out of ideas.

EDIT: Forgot Celes. so Celes: card-and-dice-projectiles, darkness-attacks, card-slashing, her Special..probably summoning of a giant black chess queen made of shadows.
    and Maizono.... well, i guess either an idol-themed "stun-with-dance" and "music note projectiles" style, or a yandere-based "kitchen knife slasher" style. probably both.
    Last edited by Break; July 16th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    At least DR2's cast is much more tailormade to work into a fighter.