Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa

Banned
    Another new update.

Spoiler:
    Well I was iffy on Hanamura, but him deciding to go whole hog on Nidai turned him around. Ibuki on the other hand only gets worse and worse! I sure hope she dies soon.

Oh and some dude has shown up I guess.

Is Rodyle the only one here with an account, Rodyle is going to be lonely until that paywall goes down.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Is Rodyle the only one here with an account, Rodyle is going to be lonely until that paywall goes down.
    LeopardBear definitely has one.

Blog Entries
    Correct, I have but I don't read DR.

Mostly I just laugh at the probation drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Caved in and got an account.

They aren't even trying to hide that it's Togami are they? Something that has always bugged me, why are the tin deck songs so loud standard?

Edit: oh hey happy days, another update showed up today.
    Edit2: the new update
    Spoiler:
    Welp, things are coming into focus. And oh god Monobeasts. Please let there be mecha boss fights or something at some point late in the game.
    Last edited by terraablaze; January 5th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Paywall is off. Go crazy

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Figures the paywall would go down so soon after buying an account.
    new update
    Spoiler:
    I have trouble buying Monomi is dead. There was too much imagery of her getting beat up by Monobear. Presumably she has spare in the wings. Though I guess this could be like the demo for the first game where they made it look like Sayaka was a heroine and then surprise turn around chapter 1. Also, is the OP really implying Tanaka has magic powers (or at least that he thinks he does)? And I couldn't agree more Monobear, mix and match them genres and destroy them.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    SO worth waiting through the paywall for.

SDR2 spoilarz
    More FukuJun is always a good thing, even though his character is looking to be a womanizing douchenozzler. Its funny though, so that makes it okay!

Princess Sonia might be interesting to look out for in the future.

Its so obvious that Classical Dancer is going to be a candidate for murderer later on that I'll be surprised if she does end up being one.

Fat Togami is a thing of wonder, though. Here's hoping he remains a favorite character of mine through SDR2.

Monobeasts the best thing about the new twist, though. Stay awesome, game.

Anyway, Mechanic seems like he has a good head on his shoulders, in spite of his frightening appearance. I can see him being a favorite of mine in the future if he keeps it up.

...Musician still has the best sprites out of anyone, though.

Also, it seems as if the director of Persona 4: The Animation is going to be directing both Devil Survivor 2: The Animation and Dangan Ronpa: The Animation. This can only end either well or terribly, if he's splitting focus between the projects.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; January 9th, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sonia is giving me some Celes vibes. Which I think it's the point but I still need to vocalize it. Also more Ibuki faces, those are awesome.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have an account but I only read the DR thread when people are being terrible in it and getting themselves banned. That's fun.

Banned
    My favorite parts of the DR threads THEMSELVES are when the regular goons refuse to admit that they like something anime and do huge writeups on how it totally isn't anime but an elaborate deconstruction of everything Japanese.

As for the new developments
    Spoiler:
    I refuse to believe this is the last we've seen of Monomi.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Sonia is giving me some Celes vibes. Which I think it's the point but I still need to vocalize it. Also more Ibuki faces, those are awesome.
    If Celes seemed completely and utterly naive. Her knowing more about what Hanamura is talking about then she let's on to because she's a princess would be interesting twist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    My favorite parts of the DR threads THEMSELVES are when the regular goons refuse to admit that they like something anime and do huge writeups on how it totally isn't anime but an elaborate deconstruction of everything Japanese.

As for the new developments
    Spoiler:
    I refuse to believe this is the last we've seen of Monomi.
    How exactly does one start reading a thread involving Dangan Ronpa if you are animephobic?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    The short answer is that a lot of goons hate Japanese television and love Japanese games, so they try to pretend the two don't affect one another except in "creepy" cases.

I know people who are sort of like that in real life.
    So any guesses as to what Super High School Level Hajime is? Super High School Level Detective or other law enforcement (Lawyer?)? Super High School Level Computer tech?
    Bets for main heroine? My intuition is telling me Chiaki, but I could accept Nagito filling Kyouko's role.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You have to admit, between FatguywhosenameIforgot and Fukawa, DR is not kind in its portrayal of otaku/fujoshi.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Original Super High School Level ??? was Detective and Kyouko Kirigiri, and her memories of that were sealed because she could have thrown a major spanner in Monobear's plans (Which happened anyway, good effort for trying, Junko.). Logic/my gut is telling me that a similar situation might come up in SDR2, and for similar reasons.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Read through the first game and while I'm normally not interested in this type of playthrough I actually quite liked it. Perhaps I enjoyed it, because it's focused on the dialogue and the game parts aren't all that interesting.

Was unhappy that Maizono was the first one to die as I liked her from what was shown so far. Also I guessed what Kirigiri was the moment I saw her inspect the first crime scene.

Also the typical bad end logic kind of annoyed me Naegi gets saved, but Kirigiri dies. Well at least the fortune teller was right about his predictions having a 50% (It was 50, right? Can't remember been a few weeks, since I read all that) chance of coming true.

I kind of get the feeling that it's virtual reality or something, because some executions as well as Gungnir seem questionable. Trying to keep an open mind about that, but so far it's hard to rationalize those.
    Last edited by Malgos; July 13th, 2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: My first paragraph was incomplete left it off at "are" and meant "aren't [...]", which noticed this just now when quoting it.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So I read through Ryougo Narita's AU fanfic Dangan Ronpa IF, and for the most part I liked what I saw. While it is RN's weakest work it was still very much enjoyable.

DR IF Spoilers
    Most of the hiccups I had with it that I couldn't just flat out overlook in favor of appreciating the crazy awesome of DR general/his style had to do with Mukuro's characterization, which ranged from "that makes sense for a SHSL Despair member with like no established canon personality otherwise" and "when it comes to hit-and-miss that was definitely a miss, buddy", like with what I thought was weak or predictable justification for trying to keep in line with "Junko" being present for the Escape Switch Ending.

"I wear this wig now so that I can understand what its like to be my sister!" Yeah, okay there, Ikusaraba. Been there, seen that. Not your fault. I know that that's just RN not giving a shit anymore because the rest of the sort story turned out good.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; January 10th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Read through the first game and while I'm normally not interested in this type of playthrough I actually quite liked it. Perhaps I enjoyed it, because it's focused on the dialogue and the game parts are

Was unhappy that Maizono was the first one to die as I liked her from what was shown so far. Also I guessed what Kirigiri was the moment I saw her inspect the first crime scene.

Also the typical bad end logic kind of annoyed me Naegi gets saved, but Kirigiri dies. Well at least the fortune teller was right about his predictions having a 50% (It was 50, right? Can't remember been a few weeks, since I read all that) chance of coming true.

I kind of get the feeling that it's virtual reality or something, because some executions as well as Gungnir seem questionable. Trying to keep an open mind about that, but so far it's hard to rationalize those.
    I assumed it was because Naegi was Super High School Level Good Luck. Made sense to me. And it was 20% of the time.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    "It's always correct 20% of the time!"

Also, blame all the cartoonish, hilariously out-there executions on stylistic visual direction and JAPAN.