Page 1 of 44 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa

Banned

Dangan Ronpa

It's a Japan-Only PSP series about a bunch of Super High School Level weirdos getting trapped in a cross between Battle Royale and Ace Attorney by evil robot animals. The English fanbase is built primarily around a pair of Let's Plays by Something Awful user Orenron. There is also an actual patch in the works for the first game but it came in at the tail end of Orenron's LP, is terrible, and will be forgotten since apparently Oren's working with some other people to get a patch done based on the LP translation anyway.

The thread for Dangan Ronpa 1, completed save for a few side scenes with the various cast members which are basically Fire Emblem supports:
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=3447397

Thread for Dangan Ronpa 2 and the prequel novel Dangan Ronpa Zero, currently underway:
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=3522115

THIS THREAD WILL CONTAINED UNMARKED DR1 SPOILERS, SO READ THE FIRST LP BEFORE READING ANYTHING BELOW THIS OP. ALWAYS SPOILER TAG ANY MATERIAL FROM THE NEWEST DR2/DR0 UPDATE.

e1: If you want to play the first game, here is a garbage translation of it while waiting for the proper patch from Oren and company.
    http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/

e2: If you've played DR2/read DR0 in Japanese, please have the decency to either not post at all, or label any spoilers of untranslated material as such.
    Last edited by 2Bad; June 29th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Game(s) be so awesome

Also, you should just read the updates if you value your sanity. I mean, geez there's speculation and then there's stupidity.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Worship Kirigiri's ass.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Game(s) be so awesome

Also, you should just read the updates if you value your sanity. I mean, geez there's speculation and then there's stupidity.
    I second this, I considered reading the comments for the second one since I'm reading it as it comes out and it made me glad I skipped all that for the first one.

Also I suggest no one read hero's sig if you plan on reading this because I'm pretty sure it had a huge spoiler last week.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Reading the LP as we speak. Good stuff.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Banned
    I skim the comments but occasionally there's some hilarious ones (I didn't really bother with the first one much since I came late to the party). Unfortunately, it's a very popular thread, which means that not only is there an absolute flood of comments, but it's frequented by the mods. Who, if you are unfamiliar with SA, are terrible.

They do seem super strict. The very first comment from someone other then the translator and editor for the Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Let's Play was someone being excited that it was starting, and he was put on probation for that. I guess it was kind of useless to everyone else to know he was excited but still ouch.

And why are we only told the bust measurements for all these characters?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, by the by if you wanted to see Dangan Ronpa but with Togami as the main character, you should probably check the manga. dunno if there's a translation or something but you can get by with only the raws.

And avoid DR2 manga while you are at it. I think it reaches the first murder… maybe. Monobear appears already, at least =V.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'm also hoping for puddles and puddles of fluorescent pink blood, just for stylistic flair.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Banned
    All I want is for everyone to have a peaceful vacation and go home happy ;_;

Banned
    So, of the new cast so far I think my favorites are Animal Breeder and Coach.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Light Music member for me. I love her portraits do far.

- - - Updated - - -

Light Music member for me. I love her portraits do far.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Ibuki seems like a lot of fun. I must know what is up with the stitching along her leg. I get the feeling Nekomaru and Tanaka are going to get the majority of the free time votes assuming that's still a thing.
    Last edited by terraablaze; December 22nd, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    I object to Ibuki until further notice because wasting someone as talented as Koshimizu on a fucking K-on joke is a crime.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    I skim the comments but occasionally there's some hilarious ones (I didn't really bother with the first one much since I came late to the party). Unfortunately, it's a very popular thread, which means that not only is there an absolute flood of comments, but it's frequented by the mods. Who, if you are unfamiliar with SA, are terrible.
    Hey, the LP mods are pretty cool guys.

It's just that the thread attracted a bunch of new members who didn't read the rules.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Hey, the LP mods are pretty cool guys.

It's just that the thread attracted a bunch of new members who didn't read the rules.
    Slowbeef and Zorak both have a history of doing retarded shit and having their heads shoved firmly up their own asses. Admittedly they can't compare to some other members of the SA staff like say, Clumsy, but still. I think Slowbeef's crowning moment was when he banned Lizard Wizard for racism when he explained Redguard stats in Morrowind (or maybe it was probating the Umineko OP for spoilers... in the Umineko thread).

Inter-forum gossip.

Edit: I will say that Slowbeef's own material is at least pretty funny though, I enjoy Retspurae, which is more than can be said for anything Zorak has ever done.

edit2: also there's a new update
    Last edited by 2Bad; December 23rd, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy Retspurae, which is more than can be said for anything Zorak has ever done
    Endless Ocean LP is fucking amazing you shut your whore mouth

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ate my way through the first LP, working on the second.

The twists in the first game...hoooooly mackrel.

Also, Kuwata's death will forever be the best death. Though Mondo-Butter is hilariously demented and eyebrow-raisingly "wut."

Forgive me self-admitted noobness for this, but could anyone with an attention span/between-the-lines reading comprehension tell me what the story was behind the spaceship execution?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I could do it, something to do with humanity's hope or the choice he made, but I'm pretty sure DR Zero will answer it.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Furthermore, there seems to be an abundance of cute girls - and familiar voice actors - in SDR2. I can get behind that. I'm personally digging all these new characters and their designs, even though frankly I am expecting the worst with the rabbit robots. Something with this slow of a buildup is sure to go gloriously pear-shaped soon enough.

As for new favorite characters for SDR2 I'm finding it hard to pin some down not based on their VA's achievements, though I'd have to say its a bit of a toss-up between Punk Rocker Chick, Gamer Girl, and Manly Coach. Maybe Peko-Peko in the future.
    Fat Bastard Togami for undisputed de-facto favorite, of course.
    New Protag > Old Protag, though I most definitely do not dislike Naegi.
    Favorite characters from the first DR are certainly Togami, Kirigiri, Asahina, Hagakure, and Mondo, though Syo was always worth a psychotic chuckle.