Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Thank God for Tumblr ripping itself and other blogs off by reposting material.

More proof that TVT is terrible because they don't fix links (and delete those they don't link because they're lilly-livered prudes, but that's beside the point).
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 8th, 2013 at 01:35 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More like tumblr making things confusing as hell by letting you change your URL as often as you want.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    No they didn't. And no that's not even what would've happened to Chihiro didn't you even read what I said?

Here's the thing. There used to be a blog that translated the information on all of the unused executions from an official Dangan Ronpa material book, but that thing got evaporated into the internets. If you check the TVTropes Character Page for the first game you'll find 'em.
    Well thats interesting. Though if Monokuma would choose the executions based on their personalities and personal problems, instead of their super talents, i think it wouldve gone the way i said.
    But alas, he doesnt, even though it probably wouldve been interesting that way (which funnily wouldve meant giving Leo the execution that Maizono wouldve gotten here, what with his "I wanna be a musician" thing.)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Bigtime Spoiler for SDR2 Chapter 2/3? (the one with the beachhouse (plus some speculation)), you've been given advance warning
    It does me good to see that Sakura's would-be punishment lives on in the form of Pekoyama's last stand. Speaking of, if I didn't know any better I'd say that Chihiro's what-if 8bit execution is tailormade for Nanami. Guess I'll just need to wait and see if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 8th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Almost through with the game, genocider best girl btw.
    I am actually legitimately surprised Pixiv has not produced any fanarts inspired by Celes' Social link event about loving "smelly sacks of meat".

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    so I'm playing the first game and man , leo's execution hit me HARD (I have just finished chapter 2 btw) because I have an irrational fear of being hit by balls during sports that use them (like football , basketball ,baseball , etc...) . God, was that disgusting for me
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah its probably meant to hit people like you.

Btw just finished chapter 4, and i liked it. The mystery itself was fairly simple in its basics, but by tacking on all those possible suspects-and especially with playing with the general mystery-fan-bias of "if its a closed room, "suicide" is the easy way out so its most certainly murder", by actually making it suicide was a stroke of genius. It was actually really obvious that it was suicide, but as a mystery-fan, you have to overcome that mental barricade telling you "theres no way its suicide, its never just suicide, suicide is the conclusion the incompetent policeman draws before the detective finds the real culprit!", so this was like one of those fights where beeing an amateur helps you because the expert expects them to move in a certain way they dont; a mystery-amateur would not have that mental blockade.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, this game does that quite a lot. You never know when something is going to be played straight or subverted, it's nice like that.

Zero profiles
    http://silveryogi.tumblr.com/post/43452470161
    On the talk about execution

Spike's promotion Sakura execution?

Chihiro Ripped art someone found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mp755gl8uj1qiijqno1_1280.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	8671
    Last edited by arvelous; July 10th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got a question.

What skills are in the game, who gives you those skills and how many Free Time do you need to max your SP?

I ask that because I think you start with "Strong-Armed" Skill, Maizono gives you "Voice of Gold" (Which is a really good skill) and Touko giving "Vocabulary".
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

I don't think anyone here has put enough time into the game to have it entirely mapped out, so unless you feel like trying to decipher Japanese gamefaqs/walkthroughs you're probably going to have to wait a while for a complete answer.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    regarding that, does anyone know how often you have to speak with Genocider to get her events? i already had 6 meetings with her, gave her 6 presents she was ecstatic about, and still nooothinggg

Banned
    Haha nice try Lowtax, but not even 7 SDR2 spoiler ads will make me give you money to get rid of banner ads.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    Haha nice try Lowtax, but not even 7 SDR2 spoiler ads will make me give you money to get rid of banner ads.
    They've moved on from spoilers for 1 to spoilers for 2? That's pretty mean.

I guess it's a good thing I got impatient and read the translations on tumblr, that arvelous linked, then.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just block the ads with adblock, problem solved.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

How are the people who are totally legit don't get probated true goons not an anime scrub reacting in the thread?

Edit: I'd look but they might be discussing the contents. Why oren thought this was a good place to host his Let's Play is honestly baffling. Think I might just read the other one while I'm at it.
    Last edited by terraablaze; July 12th, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    How are the people who are totally legit don't get probated true goons not an anime scrub reacting in the thread?
    mad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post

Edit: I'd look but they might be discussing the contents. Why oren thought this was a good place to host his Let's Play is honestly baffling. Think I might just read the other one while I'm at it.
    see:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren
    I have to admit this is one feature of SA I'm not too fond of, if only because the forum rules don't make any effort to explain or rationalize it. Are ads allowed to have content that would get someone probated or banned for posting in a thread? If so, why? The rules do state, on the very first paragraph, that part of the reason we pay ten dollars is that most forums here are strictly troll-free thanks to the paywall and the strict, no-nonsense moderation. It's a thing I really like about SA - the video games forum here is the only one I can tolerate on the Internet. This ad thing is all about trolling, though, so I wish we'd have something concrete about it in the rules, one way or another.

The thing about this particular incident that sets it apart from earlier ones is that it's not really the same thing. If someone's reading Harry Potter and is afraid SA's ad and avatar policies may spoil the book, they are free to not read the forums, or even get away from the entire internet for a while if they're really paranoid. In this case, though, the only way to "get" DR2, at least the way Fedule and me are handling it, is to come here and access this forum along with its ads. You can't just not visit.

I've never actually given my opinion about this before (despite some people thinking that I did), but since this came up, here's the deal: I'm not going to do so myself, but if someone wants to go through the effort of mirroring updates from this LP elsewhere, go ahead. There are conditions, though: You'll have to copy all images to a different host (lpix is strictly for SA, and baldurk shouldn't have to deal with even more bandwidth than he already does). Also, don't copy the word filter - when I write 'shit' I mean 'shit', not 'poo poo'.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    SDR2 Chapter 5 Spoiler/Important Setting Mechanic

NANAMI CHIAKI: Because ... that was their talent.
    HINATA HAJIME: ...what?
    NANAMI CHIAKI: Having a talent, it’s almost like you’re chained to that talent. Since getting a talent essentially decides the rest of your life ... a person can only give into their talent ... regardless of whether they want to or not.
    TIL SHSL Talents are awakened Origins.

We're now this much closer to justifying crappy crossovers.