Page 3 of 685 FirstFirst 1234581353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha: Free Range Spoiler Thread

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Yay. More beamslash clashing NPs.

(and you edit those and still manage to double post?)
    Last edited by Strange_One; December 21st, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Balmung sounds more like a diffuse cone-shaped wave than a beam, to be completely fair, though I think people blow the amount of beamu NPs way out of proportion (isn't it only Excalibur and arguably Ea, with neither of them actually being beams even though they're visualized as such? I always see Galatine counted but that's a solar flamethrower). But I do wish Clarent sounded like more than an angsty Excalibur knock-off; it being tinted by hatred is kind of a nice touch since it reminds me of Saber Alter's version of Excalibur in HF, but I don't like how she's being written as an exact mirror of Saber in skills, clone or not. Hoping she has at least some different personal skills. ^^;

...Though I do wonder what is up with Siegfried being weak or an imitation. It isn't like his stats were all that poor in the initial Apocrypha write-up, so I wonder if it has to do with the "Siegfried does not necessarily mean Sigurd" thing.
    Last edited by Sunny; December 21st, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Balmung sounds more like a diffuse cone-shaped wave than a beam, to be completely fair, though I think people blow the amount of beamu NPs way out of proportion (isn't it only Excalibur and arguably Ea, with neither of them actually being beams even though they're visualized as such?
    I think Ea follows up the space-time dislocation with a wave of compressed air and prana though.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    Kintoki was originally slated to fill the Red Berserker slot, but some silver-haired asshole knocked him out in late October and he wasn't able to recuperate in time for Apocrypha's December debut so a last minute replacement was needed.
    So it was a choice between Kintoki and Spartacus? That's a choice I don't even want to have to make. (Although the best decision would have been dumping Frankenloli)

At least Chiron sounds like he's going to be cool enough to make up for whichever Archer is dropped. Cultured centaur archers! Hell yeah!

The only question mark is who gets the axe for the Xanadu guy. If it really is Karna, I will weep bitter tears and settle for trolling Youtube for CCC footage of the inevitable boss battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    So it was a choice between Kintoki and Spartacus? That's a choice I don't even want to have to make. (Although the best decision would have been dumping Frankenloli)

At least Chiron sounds like he's going to be cool enough to make up for whichever Archer is dropped. Cultured centaur archers! Hell yeah!

The only question mark is who gets the axe for the Xanadu guy. If it really is Karna, I will weep bitter tears and settle for trolling Youtube for CCC footage of the inevitable boss battle.
    Most likely they cut George, which is saddens me. I think he was one of the best servants. I just hope, that this characters won't disappear forever and will be used in some other work. Though Benkei should be changed to the real Benkei (the badass one) and not be just some random faker.
    Last edited by OdaNobunaga; December 21st, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

One of the best characters? I'll admit, I like a guy who can fight a dragon and win, but the dude was broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, Clarent doesn't exactly sound like an Excaliblast rip off, and neither does Siegfried's. Excaliblast was a slash with the power located at the point and the actual wave of light being just an effect of the immense amount of power it was outputting. Siegfried's "twilight slash" thing sounds closer to that, although I'm thinking it more resembles Saber Alter's sideways Excaliblast. Clarent's, on the other hand, is just crimson lightning shooting out of the tip?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    One of the best characters? I'll admit, I like a guy who can fight a dragon and win, but the dude was broken.
    I meant design-wise. Of all servants the one I was really eager to see in the plot were Siegfried, George and Karna.

Blog Entries
    Eh, Modred sounds like the aggressive, father-hating prick I predicted. It's too soon to judge this book by its cover, but she reeks of "angry Saber" and little else. Here's hoping Shishi is a humanizing foil.

AND ALL OF THIS WHEN WE COULD HAVE HAD GOLDZERKER! He could have been fun.
    Dropping Kintoki was one of the best decisions they made. Awful concept.

I like Mordred. Characters with issues are the most fun.

Is the Priest caste on Beast's Lair going to bring these holy words to the plebs?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That thread has simultaneously respawned my disgust for 4chan, and ripped away some of what little hope I have left for humanity.

Was still hilarious, though.
    The first time I was overwhelmed by anime cuteness
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sword View Post

Oh my God they look like adorable kittens I want to take them home with me!

Blog Entries
    Characters with issues are the most fun.
    I agree, but Daddy issues are the least compelling kind. It's too often a device for self-indulget whining.

Granted, Mordred seems to channel her issues into murderous rage instead of angst-ridden moaning, but it's still a very flat archetype. That's why I'm hoping for something from Shishi to kickstart a genuinely interesting character arc because right now she just looks like a pissy little girl who happens to have a lot of juice.

Merlin: *sits down* So tell me about these problems you're having.

Mordred: *on the couch* So, I desperately want to bone my father/mom/king, but both incest and lesbianism apparently haven't been invented yet, and both of them together is just unthinkable, so I channel my frustrations into murderous rage.

Merlin: Let me see a friend about that.

Asura: Sup.

Merlin: A girl is really angry because of deep-seated daddy issues. You know a thing or two about rage. What should she do?

Asura: Kill everybody who gets in your way or wrongs you.

Merlin: That's what he said.

Mordred: This helps like you wouldn't believe. Good luck with that whole "getting trapped in a cave for eternity" thing.

Merlin: thx

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OdaNobunaga View Post
    Most likely they cut George.
    What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?
    And whom else they can cut with the guy, who's probably Kublai Khan? Only him, and, maybe, Karna. But Karna has a Divine Protection, by being Nasu's created servant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OdaNobunaga View Post
    And whom else they can cut with the guy, who's probably Kublai Khan? Only him, and, maybe, Karna. But Karna has a Divine Protection, by being Nasu's created servant.
    I might agree if Nasu was writing it, and Karna wasn't one of the big additions to CCC.

You may be right in the long run, but I wouldn't be all that surprised at this point if it's Karna being pitched for maybe-Kublai Khan.

Blog Entries
    Karna does have the disadvantage of being way too strong to stick on the 'protagonist' side, assuming the Clocktower ends up being such. His lore is such that you really want to give him to either an opponent or an outright villain - opponent so he's something to overcome, villain so you can parallel his service/loyalty to the villainous Duryodhana. As a hero focus, he doesn't really work narratively all that well, potentially.

...Then again, George suffers from the two 'dragon' Sabers seeming to be each other's rivals, and being pretty imbalanced himself as drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Balmung sounds more like a diffuse cone-shaped wave than a beam, to be completely fair, though I think people blow the amount of beamu NPs way out of proportion (isn't it only Excalibur and arguably Ea, with neither of them actually being beams even though they're visualized as such? I always see Galatine counted but that's a solar flamethrower).
    But what flowery description they have doesn't really matter when their form (a giant beam) and function (destroy enemy in path of giant beam) is exactly same. At that point they're just recolors of each other.

Giant beams of light were cool when they were unique and special, but when every fifth servant has a beam shooting NP it really starts to get old.

Also you forgot Caliburn and Gram.

Eh, Modred sounds like the aggressive, father-hating prick I predicted. It's too soon to judge this book by its cover, but she reeks of "angry Saber" and little else. Here's hoping Shishi is a humanizing foil.
    Out of all the knights of the round table he could have summoned, he drew Mordred. They might have more in common than expected.

Also, it's "Shishigou".
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    You need to leave : (

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dude. DUDE. No.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was too good for Apocrypha. They realized he just needed to leave, and knew that Mordred would be an appropriate replacement.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Or he'll be the "16th Servant" a la Gilgamesh. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT