Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I sell Garden of Sinners BD set?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    I think originally it was $600 for Japan, and $400 for the Western World. Out of curiosity, what price did you find yours for?

$500 CAD, $25 shipping (across one shore to the other!)

Auction said Brand New (unwrapped) so I'll have to confirm when I get it.
    Helped that I got a small raise and that I'm getting a nice amount of money from Tax Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargadiel View Post
    Bad extras that you would gladly accept if they would have included them. You would be lying horribly if you're telling me you wouldn't want a Ryougi Leather Jacket...!
    I'd sell it.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    It would probably be a crappy cheap jacket. Made of vinyl.

Honestly, for sets like these, my max budget would be $100. Like for the upcoming Lord of the Rings BD set. Now that is a worthwhile purchase.
    $400 is just nuts... even though I REALLY REAAAAALLLYYY want it.

The epilogue looks beautacious at 1080p.

BD already won the format war, for years now. Adoption is only a matter of time, and the players getting cheaper and more profilic.

Anime BD's are expensive because anime video in general has always been overpriced, especially for popular goods.

My favourite example is always the first prints of Haruhi. One DVD. One episode. $80~100. No real extras, except a nice box.

It's just supply and demand. The price is that high cause it's the best price to set it at. That's pretty much all there is.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Ehh... I only partially agree with you all regarding Blu-rays.

Sure it won the format war - but content worth the high definition treatment is only a relatively small portion of media as a whole. I don't see it replacing DVDs because DVD is the standard, most people have it and DVD level quality is fine for most things. A matter of time? Well... sure... maybe a very long time....

I guess I can be glad that various problems forced me replace my equipment - and thus I thought I may as well get a Blu-ray drive.

Everyone had a VHS. It was standard. Most people had it. The quality was fine to most people.

Everyone had analog TV. It was standard. Most people had it. The quality was fine to most people.

Everyone had letterbox. It was standard. Most people had it. The quality was fine to most people.

Etc.

All movies now are made to be worth BD transfers. In any case, as long as the film rolls are preserved, pretty much any movie can stand to be transferred to BD as long as the transfer is done well. Film captures things in really high quality. People don't think it, but a BD of say, Rashomon, is totally worthwhile if you're into it.

Not to mention, even with content that isn't shot in HD, like TV shows, you can fit more episodes onto one disc.

You can already get a BD player for less than $100 now. It's really only a matter of time. I see full scale adoption in most first world areas within the next decade, if not half decade.

US is a slow adopter because of the huge wealth gap, but who cares? Places like Japan will charge forth without looking back. And the US can stay backwards as long as it likes. They adopted the VCD for god sakes.

Received it this morning, with the english booklet, in its original unopened wrapping, I am in awe.

O: Now on to buy an HD TV and Bluray player. (Yeah, I bought $500 BDs without a BD player!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalandros View Post
    Received it this morning, with the english booklet, in its original unopened wrapping, I am in awe.

O: Now on to buy an HD TV and Bluray player. (Yeah, I bought $500 BDs without a BD player!)
    I did the same. Actually, I had the Fate UBW movie for a few months too before I actually got a PS3 while in Japan since I had this BD box on pre-order. And well, I picked up a few other BDs too so I thought it could be nice to be able to watch them.