Thread: Tsukuyomi Gakuen: Gaiden

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Revy's Avatar

Tsukuyomi Gakuen: Gaiden

Tsukuyomi Gakuen: Gaiden is a thread for posting in-character side-stories of your characters from the main Tsukuyomi Gakuen role-playing game. You are by no means required to participate in this aspect of the project as it is only intended to add more depth to your characters. If you have any questions regarding this thread, please ask them in the discussion thread or send a private message to Bring or I.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Table of Contents
    Tsukuyomi Gakuen- Re:Verse
    I, II
    Touma
    I
    Red
    I
    Origins of the Escapist
    I
    -----------------------------------------------

Record 1: Friends

April 3rd- 17 years ago

♫ Background Music♫

I lean over the guard rail and stretch out my arms as the gentle sea breeze washes over the deck. The refreshing gale uplifts my spirit making me feel as though I am truly flying, if only for a moment. Between the cerulean sea and the azure sky, I feel like a bird with the wind beneath my wings.

A smile runs from one cheek to another and I close my eyes to take in the beautiful scenery with the rest of my senses. I take in the language of the ocean, the gentle sound of the waves as they hug the ship’s hull, and I listen to every last bit without fail. The sun in the sky above kisses my forehead with its soft rays and fills my body with its warmth. The seagulls call out and greet me, a fellow wind lover, and invite me to join them in the sky; however, as I can only fly in my imagination, I’ll have to turn them down for now. Even still, the modest swaying of the ship mixed with the sensation of the wind truly makes me want to take them up on their kind offer.

“It really is nice.”

My voice trails off as I open my eyes again. The ocean scenery was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Long have I mused about traveling by water from the grassy shores of my home. Now that it is actually happening, I want even more. I want fill myself with the wonder and glory of this endless beauty. Dare I say I even want to fly with the seagulls? It’s funny, and unlikely, but I can always dream. Right?

“Hmm,” I lean onto the metal railing and place my chin in the palm of my hands, “I wonder what all’s out there. It really is a shame I can’t do this for much longer,” I laugh to myself, yet I don’t know why, “Questions, questions, questions. I have so many of them. And I bet that there are just as many people out there.”

Innocent musings of an innocent girl. That’s what I’ve always been told anyways. But I truly want to meet a bunch of new people. The place where I come from is actually pretty big, but not a lot of people live there and the only people I really know are my grandma and grandpa.

But that’s why I’m so excited right now. This ship that I’m on, the Sirius, it’s on its way to this amazing school which apparently has just been established. And I’m to be enrolled here! That means that I’ll get to meet a lot of new people and interact with a lot of different people. Not only that, but this will be my first time ever attending a school. My whole life, I’ve been taught at home by my family. So this turn of events is almost like a new chapter in the story of my life.

“Hey,” An energetic voice suddenly grabs my attention, “That actually looks like a lot of fun.”

Perhaps it’s because it is still rather early in the morning, but this new voice startles me a bit. In the background, I can hear rapid footsteps tapping against the deck as they approach me. Turning to look over my shoulder a bit, I watch with a baffled expression as a teenage girl runs up beside me. She appears to be about my age, is dressed in a light orange shirt with beige shorts, and short blue hair tied up in a ponytail to give her a sporty look.

She bends over and places her hands on her knees as she catches her breath. But that only last for a few seconds as she quickly shoots back up with a smile on her face. She then holds out her arms and imitates me by leaning gently into the wind. Afterwards, she closes her eyes just as I did, but the somewhat troubled expression on her face makes it seems more like she’s concentrating rather than enjoying the breeze. Then suddenly, she fiercely begins to flap her arms up and down as if she were actually trying to take off.

“FLY!!”

The girl yells out loud, drawing the attention of all the others on the dock. As I’m standing right next to the odd girl, I also receive their attention. As I’m not used to such a thing, I return my attention to the girl and hesitantly try to calm her down. But when I do, I realize that the girl has actually risen into the air. It takes be by surprise to be honest, but upon further inspection I simply realize that she’s standing on the toes of her left foot to make it seem likes she’s levitating.

“Phew,” The girl suddenly stops and stands flat on her two feet. She turns to me placing one hand on her hip and using the other to wipe the imaginary sweat off of her forehead, “Pretty cool, huh?”

I don’t know what to say. This girl is definitely unlike anyone I’ve ever seen, much less met. She’s impulsive and quirky and apparently oblivious to others’ impressions. Coming from my small home, I don’t know how to speak to such a person. So I just laugh softly to myself.

“What was that? Did you really try to fly just now?”

“Of course,” She puffs out her chest proudly, “Why wouldn’t I? It looked like fun and no one said I couldn’t do it.”

“Well,” I let out one last laugh, “I guess you’re right. But your technique is all wrong,” I cross my arms confidently and hold one finger in the air, “You have to feel the wind, not fight it. It’s more like this…”

I face the ocean yet again and hold my arms straight out on my sides. I feel kind of silly doing this now that more people are watching me, but…I can’t be that bad if someone is doing it with me.

“Ah. I see~ I see~”

The blue-haired girl nods after examining my technique and steps to the side to create some room. She then imitates me by getting into the same pose and leaning into the wind just as I have.

“Oh? This really does feel better.”

Hearing those words puts a smile on my face for some reason. I’ve done meaningless things like this before, but I don’t think they’ve held the same elements of enjoyment as now. I can’t help but wonder if this is what having a friend feels like.

“There you are, Nolis.”

Yet another new voice calls out from behind me. This time however it appears to be directed to the girl standing next to me, Nolis. The new voice came from another girl of our age group with short red hair and emerald green eyes. Dressed in a simple red long-sleeve shirt and blue jeans, she also has somewhat of a sporty look and is arguably more feminine that Nolis.

“Yo, Dehana! Glad you could join the party!”

Nolis greets her friend with cheerful enthusiasm. Well, I assume they’re friends anyway. I’ve always been told that it is unusual for magi to be good friends with other magi; although, I do suppose it isn’t something that is rare either.

The newcomer, Dehana, lets out a sigh once she finishes approaching us, “Geez. Welcome to the party? What kind of lame greeting is that?” Dehana palms her face with her hand to seemingly filter her frustration. All of which seemed to be routed towards Nolis, “Aren’t you the one who suddenly ran off on me, idiot? All I asked was that you sit still for five minutes so that I could help you with your spells…but even that seems impossible for you…”

“Awww~ Don’t worry about it,” Nolis steps closer to her friend and pats her on the shoulder with a toothy grin lighting up her face, “After all, I’m so full of win that I don’t need to worry about using spells.”

As if Nolis’s words triggered it, Dehana’s hand cocks back like a hammer and her fist strikes Nolis in the head. The impact is so hard that it causes Nolis herself to stagger. They must be good friends…

“FULL OF WIN OR NOT, IF YOU CAN’T USE MAGECRAFT THEN YOU’RE NOT A MAGUS!”

The red-haired girl explodes in a display of anger that seemingly comes out of nowhere.

Nolis stumbles over her own two feet before she finds her way to me. Tears begin to fill her eyes from the pain and she slinks behind my pack. Her hands grab a hold of my jacket and suddenly I’m turned into a shield… Seeing what just happened to Nolis, I rather hesitant over the whole thing. I doubt that Dehana would strike someone she didn’t know, but one can never be too sure when dealing with people…

“Hmm?”

As if she had just noticed me, the red-haired girl’s anger suddenly vanishes and she tilts her head in my direction. She steps closer and leans in to examine my features closely. Though the reduced distance makes me a tad bit uncomfortable, I also examine Dehana’s face a bit closer. I find that even if she may have a fiery temper, she has gentle features and is eerily beautiful. It makes me pretty jealous actually.

“Hey, by chance are you related to Nolis? You two look similar in a way,” Dehana brings her hand to her chin and nods before looking at Nolis with a look of disapproval, “Although, I suppose that can be an insult in a way.”

Well we have the same hair and eye colors, but…

“Hey!” Nolis wraps her arms around my shoulders and looks over my right shoulder as she grumbles, “Dehana, you meanie, you don’t have to bad mouth me in front of other people too.”

“It’s all out of love. If I’m hurting your feelings, then I’m telling the truth.”

This whole situation is just intriguing to me for some reason. To see how two true friends communicate with each other, it really is somewhat of a heartwarming moment. It makes me laugh, this gentle scenery.

“You two really get along pretty well. I guess it’s always nice to have people you trust who you can just be yourself around.”

Nolis is eccentric and possibly even overly friendly. I’ve only just met her, but she’s already comfortable enough to show her impulsiveness to me as well as cling to me as she is doing now. At the same time, Dehana is more serious, courteous, and possibly even strict. She seems like the person who mocks those closest to her, but one could say that is a mask for concern. These two complement each other.

“Dehana, isn’t it? To answer your question, I’m not related to Nolis; although, I guess we look a bit alike. I just happened to meet her in a rather interesting way. Um, were you two doing anything important? I hope I’m not holding you up. Though, if I may make a suggestion, I recall you saying that you two were working on Nolis’s magecraft. If you would like, I could be of assistance as I am studying to be a…”

“Dandere.”

Dehana suddenly cuts me off in the middle of my sentence. She has an odd grin spreading across her face, but I have no idea what she just said. I’m pretty sure it was Japanese, and I feel confident in my ability to speak and understand it, but I just can’t wrap my head around what she just said.

“You don’t get out too much do you?” Dehana takes a step back and crosses her arms again, “You don’t have to speak so politely. And if you want to hang out with us, then just say so.”

I’m shocked. Was it really that obvious? Certainly I did want to make friends with this interesting pair, but was I really drawing it out too much?

Nolis also laughs, “You know you haven’t told us your name yet. You’re going to lets us in on the big secret aren’t you?”

Well, certainly there is no need in me withholding such information. I already know both of their names, even if we didn’t go through a formal introduction. But I suppose trivial things such as politeness are the first things to go when making friends. The fact that Nolis and Dehana have already accepted me like this, well, it makes me happy.

“Ariel. My name is Ariel.”

Last edited by Revy; July 7th, 2011 at 11:33 AM.

| Official Member of SABR |Part-Time Critic | Fanfiction Support |

Blog Entries
    September 28
    13 years ago

The boy stared at the large, double doors that were the gate to the orphanage. His red eyes stared frightened at the gate, as he shivered due to the cold, nightly air. The little boy rubbed his hands together, blowing on them to warm them up.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, and look at the aged man's smiling face as he opened the gate, and beckoned him to the place. Shakily and slowly, Touma walked over to the man.

--He had nowhere to go anymore. Not after...

His eyes stared at the form on the ground. Who was it? He couldn't recognize it anymore. Huge pieces of concrete had smashed parts of the body in front of him, pools of blood forming as the inner entrails of the corpse were crushed with a squelch or came out in the open. It was twisted in many places, bent to impossible angles. The head had been cracked open, and something slimy and squishy was coming out. The boy kneeled, his brown eyes shrinking as he furiously shook the dead body. "Mama, Mama!" Yelled the boy, tears spilling out from his eyes. And then... A black fog descended on the room. Touma's head snapped up, and the last thing he saw before fainting was a pair of red eyes, glaring at him from the shadows...

The boy's eyes blinked open. He was laying on the ground. He stood up, and realized he was stained by blood in many places. He stood up. His mother's body was not here anymore. The boy walked out of the room, his mind still in a numb state. As he exited out of the destroyed house, he beheld the ruined streets with an emotionless gaze. He continued walking, and came across a puddle of water. He stared into it...

And red eyes stared back at him---!

---

1 year later

"Hey, Demon! What are you doing!?" Touma winced as he was forcefully grabbed from the collar of his shirt into the air by an older kid. "Only humans are allowed on that swing!" The kid declared as he forcefully threw him to the ground. Around him, the other kids encircling the two of them laughed at his prone form. Empty red eyes stared at them, and they shut up.

This had become a routine for Touma. Whenever he tried to play, he'd get smacked by everyone else. Whenever he tried to eat more than the bare minimum, he'd be called a "hungry demon" and smacked. When he tried to express his opinion to the other boys, he got smacked. When he tried to talk to the orphanage supervisors, the others pretended to be innocent, and then smacked him. When he struggled, they smacked him more. When he tried to play with others, they smacked him. When he ran, they caught him and smacked him.

Yet, he had gotten tired of the beatings. So he always shut off his mind when they started hitting him.

The ringleader stepped back as he stared into hollow eyes. He grit his teeth. "I-I'm not afraid of you, demon!" He kicked Touma in the gut, and everyone cheered. Yet Touma's stare remained impassive. He kicked him again and again, and Touma's body shook from the impact, but his eyes never left the ringleader. "Stop looking at me!" The kid said. "You're not human! You're just a demon! Nobody wants to play with you, why won't you understand damnit!" His leg impacted with his body again.

Ah. Touma thought. How nice it would be to have a friend, someone I could play with, and who'd protect me from these people---

Something snapped within him. His body started burning with pain, and he temporarily fainted.

When his eyes had opened, Touma was startled. The boys who had been encircling him were now lying on their rears, having retreated away from him. The ringleader was a few feet away from him, staring above Touma.

And as the boy turned around and looked up, he saw a shadow looming over him. It was like a blob of dark colour, with three purple eyes staring at him.

"---------!"

Touma's fingers grazed the shadow, feeling an ethereal texture as part of his fingers slided into it.

He smiled.

---
    2 years later

Touma sighed happily as he wolfed down the food which had been served to him. His tongue poked at the food he was chewing, tasting every corner of it. As he continued to eat, many of the kids steered clear of the two seats at his side.

--Because they knew that pissing him off would lead to that 'Shadow' visiting them at night. Whenever they bothered him or hit him, they would find that a purple-eyed darkness would watch them the whole night. And sometimes they even encountered it during the day. Because of that, everyone steered clear of Touma.

But today was an exception.

Touma felt somebody tap him on the shoulder. He saw the kids near him stare shocked at something behind him.

Touma turned to look at the face of a smiling boy with short, black hair. "Yes?" He asked, his mouth kept in a tight line.

The boy wasn't bothered by it at all, and his brown eyes twinkled. "Ah, I was wondering if those two seats are occupied." He told the red-eyed boy.

Touma's eyes widened. "You... want to seat here?" Touma looked geniuinely surprised. At the boy's nod, his lips parted open, as he stared, eyes wide, at him. He soon after recovered, and mumbled. "Y-Yeah, sure!" He stood up and pulled the two chairs so one could seat on them.

The smile on the older boy widened further as he yelled. "Lucia, get over here!"

Touma turned to look at where the boy had yelled. Children stepped aside as a brown-eyed, brown-haired girl clutching a stuffed toy walked over to the smiling boy. As the boy patted the girl's hair, he looked at Touma. "This is Lucia, my cousin. I'm Koji, by the way. What's your name, Redeye-san?"

The orphan's face slightly reddened. "I-I'm Touma. N-Nice to meet you..." He nodded at them.

Koji chuckled, and he patted Lucia lightly in the back, who yelped as she stepped forward. "Come on, Lucia! We wouldn't want to be impolite, right?"

The girl blushed, as she stuttered. "N-Nice to meet you, T-Touma-san..." She looked down, embarassed. Koji took her hand, and let her sit down on the chair to the right of the red-eyed boy. Koji then sat to his left.

The other kids started murmuring, but Touma glared at them to shut them up.

As Touma started eating again, Koji asked him. "So, Touma-san? Which games do you often play?"

"G-Games...?" Touma mumbled as he chewed lightly on another piece of meat. "...I've never played any games in here..." He continued as he looked down.

Koji looked surprised, but then grinned. "Alrighty then! As soon as we get another break, we'll play Tag!"

Touma's eyes widened.

Lucia pouted. "Muuu... No fair, Koji-kun... You always win..." The girl said quietly.

Koji chuckled. "Hahaha! I guess I do, don't I?"

"Wait." Touma said, as the two looked at him. "Y-You want to play with me?" He asked hopefully.

Koji nodded. "Of course! Why'd we ask you if we didn't want you to?"

Touma looked down. "B-but--! Aren't you scared of my eyes?" Everyone had been scared of his eyes before.

Koji shook his head. "No way. They're cool!" Touma's head snapped up, eyes wide as plates.

Lucia nodded. "Th-they're pretty, like those shiny jewels those tall men who come sometimes have."

Touma blinked. He felt warmth on his cheeks, as a warm, salty liquid stained his cheeks. One of his fingers touched the substance, and he saw it was water, clear and warm.

They were tears. He was crying from the happiness of having found friends---!

Touma smiled. "--Alright! We'll play Tag soon...!"

---

2 years later.

"It's not fair!" Lucia yelled, crying as she hugged Touma. "I don't want to leave Touma-kun!" Her sobs stabbed Touma's heart like arrows, as he patted her back.

Touma smiled sadly. "I don't want it either Lucia, but... It's better for you and Koji to be adopted. Besides, we'll meet at school, won't we?"

Koji grit his teeth. If he didn't say it now, he'd never be able to say it. "...Touma." He stared seriously at his old friend.

Touma looked at him. "...Yes? What's the matter, Koji?" His smile faltered.

"...We won't go to the same school." That shocked Touma. Koji grabbed painfully his own left arm. "...I heard our soon-to-be foster parents talk. They're not from here, so we'll go to a different school than this one." Koji closed his eyes. "...I'm sorry, Touma."

Touma's knees buckled, as the girl's grip on him became tighter. "...What?" Touma stared with wide eyes at Koji.

"...No..." Touma tried not to cry, to stay strong in front of Lucia. But he couldn't. It was too much to ask of him. The boy who only had these two as friends, he wouldn't be able to bear their leave.

Suddenly, the door opened, and two adults Touma was not familiar with entered the room, and took Lucia off his arms, who cried and tried to release their hold on her. Koji hugged her to calm her down.

Touma stood up, making up his mind. "--Koji." He looked at the former orphan, who met his gaze. "Take care of her."

Lucia's eyes widened. "Touma-kun...?"

"It's better for you if you live with these two. Don't worry ab-about me..." Touma's words had gotten a bit slurry. "I-I'll be fine... I-I..."

Lucia managed to run towards Touma, and as she tried to embrace him...

Her arms only met air.

The boy was now walking out of her and Koji's reach. Koji's gaze turned pained. Even though he was only a few feet away right now, he knew that Touma was now impossible to reach.

"--Just go...!" Exclaimed Touma, pouring his eyes out, as doors closed behind him, shutting him away from his first two friends...

---

3 years later.

"No wonder your stupid friends got adopted before you, bastard!"

"What did you say!?"

The 14-year-old boy leaned against the wall in horror, as a man-sized blob of darkness glared at him, its tendrils grabbing him. Through the shadow, a red-eyed boy came out. He glared into the eyes of the older boy. "Apologize now, for what you said." Touma said coldly, as the shadow's grip tightened on the other boy.

The boy gasped "I-I'm sorry!" as he struggled to break free. The shadows immediately released him, leaving him on the ground.

Touma turned his back to him. "You'd damn better be sorry." As he turned around, he stared into the shocked purple eyes of a girl. His eyes widened. He hadn't noticed her at all--!

"Uh... I can explain!" The boy said, but was surprised when the girl took his hand. Her purple eyes stared into him, as she tugged at him. "Come." She said.

Touma blushes as the girl drags him into the orphanage, to where two adults were talking to one of the supervisors. "Mama, Papa! I found a boy who can use 'that'!"

The two people's heads snapped to the side as soon as the girl said that. They quickly walked towards Touma, and the first one, a blond man with brown eyes stared at him. "Really, this boy can...?"

The girl nodded. "Right! He can make shadows!"

The woman blinked. "Imaginary Numbers? That's rare!" Her long brown hair was thrown to the side as she looked at the man. "Dear, should we do anything with him?"

The man "hmm"ed for a second, before smiling at Touma. "Tell me, would you like us to adopt you, boy?" He said this with a smile.

Touma's eyes widened. "R-Really!?"

The man nodded. "Of course! And, we'll teach you about that power of yours. What do you say?"

Touma blinked, then turned his head to the girl who saw him using his power. She nodded, smiling. Touma raised his head to look at the man. "---A-alright. I-I'm Touma, nice to meet you."

"Ryoukutsuji Housuke." The man says, shaking the boy's hand. "Nice to meet you, Ryoukutsuji Touma-kun."

Touma blinks, then his eyes brighten as he smiles. "Yes... It's nice to meet you."
    Last edited by Erlkonig; April 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Like Vincent ever kept up with the date.
    3 years ago

The Legendarily Epic Tale of the Stunning and Splendid Vincent Marks
    lolno

Red
    Prologue

This was fucked up.

All of this was just so...fucked up. Everything was wrong. This shouldn’t have happened like this, it’s stupid. Wait, what happened to begin with? Where am I? What was I doing? Who am I? I can’t...I can’t remember. My head hurts. Need to...do something. What do I need to do? What was I doing again? What am I looking at? Why do I keep asking myself so many damn questions? Seriously, I’m annoying myself. Who the hell does that? Wait, am I forgetting something?

This was fucked up.

It’s midnight. It’s raining. That’s a shame; this place was new wasn’t it? Isn’t that why it’s called New York? It’s raining so hard it’s like I’m being hit with rocks. Like gravel was being poured on top of me. But nah, this is rain. And what was around me? Buildings, right. No more than 2-story ones, must have been a residential area. Closer to me, trees? Grass? Right, a small park. That explains the swings, the slide, the play house, and the teeter-totter. Ha, I remembered those, teeter-totters kick ass. Something didn’t feel right about this scene though. Am I forgetting something?

This was fucked up.

Red. What’s up with all the red? Oh don’t tell me it’s blood or some cliché crap like that. Nah, that’s impossible anyways. Rain would easily wash it all away. So then why was everything red? Maybe I was just seeing red right now. Maybe it has something to do with why I was panting. Why was I smiling as well? No one made a joke. Was I having fun? Standing in the rain getting soaked doesn’t seem fun... My hair was soaked as was my coat and, hell, everything. God, what time was it? How many of my shows did I miss? Was I forgetting to watch them? What the hell am I forgetting?

This was fu--
    Blink.

Huh. I blinked. The red disappeared. I can finally see right now. What...what am I forgetting now? Maybe I should just wal--can’t, something’s in the way. It was a big thing. I’m looking down at it. Am I still smiling? I think I am. Damn this water, this rain. The water’s caught in my eyes, making everything blurred. Lame. So I’ll whip it away. There, now I can see.

This is so fucked up.

Why did I look? This thing blocking my path, this thing on the ground stopping my feet. I should never have looked. Why is it here? Why is this thing here?! It shouldn’t be here, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t, it shouldn’t. WHY!? WHY THE FUCKING HELL DID I FUCKING LOOK!? I DIDN’T WANT THIS TO BE HERE!!!! I DON’T UNDERSTAND GODDAMMIT, WHAT’S GOING ON!?!?! WHY WON’T ANYONE TELL ME!?!?!? AM I SCREAMING RIGHT NOW!?!?!?! I CAN’T EVEN FUCKING TELL!!!!! GODDAMMIT, GODDAMMIT, GODDAMMIT!!! WHY CAN’T I SCREAM!? I’M SO ANGRY, WHY!?! WHY CAN’T I DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN STARE AT--

Ah, I get it. I can’t yell, because I’m not angry at all. I’m way too happy right now. So all I can do...

“--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--”

Is laugh. How long have I been laughing? Have I been laughing this whole time? Makes sense, that’s what you do when you feel good. I’ve never felt this good before in my life. So, I must be in the middle of a fight then. Really, it’s the only time I’m ever truly happy. Neck deep in a blood bath. So then, why am I just standing here? Shouldn’t someone be trying to hit me, or vice versa? Unless I already won. Goddammit, where’s the fun in that? I can’t calm down either. My body, my heart, my everything is pulsing like a motherfucker. Am I still..?

“--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--”

Yeah, I am. Well, no sense standing here. There must be something to fight here. Someone always wants to fight here. I turned myself away from that thing laying down, whatever it was I had already forgotten. As I turned I found someone else here. A guy, couldn’t quite make him out. The second I saw him everything went red again. His mouth, it was moving. I couldn’t hear him, even when I stopped laughing. Maybe it was because I was still grinning and chuckling the entire time he spoke. Maybe I just don’t give a damn. Maybe he’s the enemy. Maybe he’s the one I should attack! YEAH! Maybe that’s totally it, MAYBE HE’S THE ONE!!! MAYBE I SHOULD TEAR HIS FLESH FROM HIS FUCKING BONE!!! MAYBE--HEHEHEHEHEHE--MAYBE...

Maybe this is dumb place to start this story, eh? Yeah, definitely. Let’s start a bit earlier... Lemme see here... Riiight, let’s start here. Chapter 1 seems reasonable enough and it’s going to make a hell of a lot more sense than whatever all that shit was. None of this is gonna add up until you hear some other stuff first. Gimme some time, dunno how long, I’ll have it ready for ya.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    29th February
    25 Years Ago
    BGM

----------

"I...sa....b...y!"

The young woman tried to focus on her surroundings.
    She obviously knew where she was. After all, it was a great day to remember.

The fruit of their love had finally entered the world.

All she could feel were the light feelings in her chest, the pressure of someone tightly holding her hand and the sheer exhaustion she had to endure.

But these did not matter. The bundle of joy that was held in front of her was the only thing which she needed think of.

With arms trembling weakly, she tried to take the blurred child from the midwife.

----But, gold times like these were meant to be broken.

Wrinkled, frail arms hastily snatched the newborn and looked at it at arms length.

"Th...sp...en..."
    Shock and confusion swept over the new mother as her body loosened and she lost consciousness.
    Little did she know that the hospital staff in the room had also collapsed.

The only ones awake now were her son, her husband and..
    ..Her father - no, not even she knows whether this mummy was her father or not. She had not seen much of him in the first place.
    This man who called himself Ryou.

"...This specimen..." The old man looked at his son-in-law.
    "Thing which has been labelled Kyoutarou."
    ...No. He was merely a 'son-in-law' by social views.
    "Y-Y-Yes..."
    "Has this specimen been given a name?"

"Ah, yes.."

A momentary silence.
    "Well," The elder asked, impatiently tapping his foot on the floor. "What is it?"

"Ryu-"

"Ryuu?! Dragon? I disapprove already."

Looking at the baby's eyes, he smiled. The eyes were did not fit into the boundaries of norm.

"This boy shall succeed our family and our crest."

"Crest? What are you-"

"You need not concern yourself with these things!" Ryou snapped at Kyoutarou. "After all, you are an outsider to our household."
    Turning his face back to the baby, his pursed lips are distorted and twisted into a cruel grin.
    "No. This boy shall be the heir to the family.
    Kyo...
    Yes. Longing to grasp the moon in the night sky, he shall satisfy himself with touching the moon reflected on the water's surface.
    To face the real world only to see that it is only made of lies."

Feeling proud for thinking up such a beautiful name, Ryou could not help but laugh.
    For centuries, he had to survive through whatever means possible in order to preserve the crest in a dying family of magi.

The root had finally set its eyes on him.
    At long last he had a successor.
    "This man shall be named Kyouka."
    A successor he had to raise to fit the image of the family.
    "Yes. Kyouka. Suigetsu Kyouka."

ORIGINS OF THE ESCAPIST
    >>Chapter 0 - Birth Of The Successor<<
    >->>END<<-<
    Last edited by Blackdeath6031; May 19th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Revy's Avatar
    Record 2- Early Memories I

Background Music: Demon Carving
    October 8th- 26 years ago

Consciousness: the state of being mentally aware; alert. This is the first word which creeps into the confines of my being. I’m not sure where the concept came from, nor what entirely it meant for me; however, deep down inside, I could not refute this alien idea as a falsehood. I was conscious. I was “alive”…

Piece by piece, my conscious mind begins to string together the secondary data being gathered by my senses and my mind weaves together a reality for me to perceive. It wasn’t until then that the unpleasant realizations began.

It was dark…and cold. The tiny, little appendages attached to my hands, my fingers, were all caked in dirt and a dull, red rust. “Confusion” is the next thing to take shelter in my mind, but it soon gave way to “curiosity”. I wanted to learn more about the scenario I, a thinking being, had been placed in. I was compelled by the idea of not knowing anything. Maybe even possessed….

I expand my field of awareness to a greater range and begin to take note of the things around me. It wasn’t until later that I would realize the severity of the scene I witnessed that day. Charred earth and black sky as far as the eye could see, with me, a lone child, sitting in the center of an endless field of blackened bodies bent and twisted like broken flowers.

“Hello…?”

I remember calling out to the figures whom’s forms resembled my own. Thinking back on it now, I’m not exactly sure if I expected an answer or not. I believe that even the slightest sign of movement in response to my words would have sufficed. Come to think of it, amongst that sea of faceless bodies, more than anything, I feel that I alone wanted to know that someone else was there; that I wouldn’t have to face the world by myself.

“Oh? That’s interesting. I wasn’t expecting there to be any survivors, much less a little kid.”

The voice of another cuts through the deadly silent air. For anyone else, one might say that the voice sounded cold and indifferent. However, for me, that voice echoed in my ears beautifully. My body was drawn to it, causing my weary body to turn despite its reluctantness to move.

That’s the first time I layed eyes on her. She was much older than I was, an adult, with short lavender hair and clean skin which didn’t stain even as she make her way barefooted across the ash-coated earth. We were different in many ways, but I knew at my very core that this woman and I were the same.

“Hm?”

Once she got close enough, she must have realized that I was staring at her. I could tell that she wasn’t threatened by me, but even still, she stopped and returned my gaze.

“…….Hey kid, you got a name?”

The woman who stood before me softened her expression as she asked me my identity. But I had no answer to provide for her. I had yet to discover that answer for myself. I doubted I ever would….

“Ah. I see, I see. I guess that means you’re just like me,” the woman smiles slyly as she crosses her arms beneath the white coat draped around her shoulders. She takes a few more steps closer to me and kneels down to examine my face, “Well, I suppose you just became a lot more interesting. So I’ll tell you what. How about I take you home with me to see the professor? Surely you don’t want to hang around a bunch of dead bodies all day?”

Her words confused me. Home, professor, dead, I couldn’t make sense out of a single thing she said. I could only think about staying near this person. So naturally, when she extended her hand to me, the only thing I could think to do was take it. The hand of the woman I would come to call sister. The hand of the woman named Nagi Kusa.
    Last edited by Revy; July 7th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

| Official Member of SABR |Part-Time Critic | Fanfiction Support |

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    14th August, Evening
    20 years ago

Grandfather told me not to ... a-so-see-ate ... with others, but how can I follow what he says when I don't understand what a-so-see-ate means, much less why I shouldn't.
    But everyday he hurts me while praising my eyes.

Whats so good about these eyes anyway? They make everyone in kindie stay away from me.

... ... ...

It's getting late.

The sky has turned crimson and orange since the last time I checked. Its time I headed back from kindie--

"Kyouka-kun!"

Someone called my name from behind me.

"A-Ah," I started, turning around to face the person.

"Hanami-chan."
    Probably the one I liked the most out of all the girls in my class.

"D-Do you wanna walk back home together?"
    Her words startled me.

She...wants to walk back with me? Really?

"Really?"

"Un, our homes are pretty close too I think."

"B-But don't you all hate my eyes?"

"I think they're pretty. Like the rainbow after the rain clears."

"...Y-YAY!"
    I grab Hanami's hands and jump for joy, running and dancing with her as we went back to our homes.

Then the junction where we part.

"Bye bye, Kyoukai-kun. See you tomorrow."

"A...Hanami-chan, hold on for a bit."

She turns around and looks at me.
    "W-Will you be my friend?"

She pauses for a bit, then nods and runs off.

...yes...
    She said yes...
    I finally have a friend...
    I finally have a friend.
    I finally have a friend!

As I open the door to my home and put away my shoes, I grin to myself.
    "My first friend! I'm so happy!"

-----

15th August, Evening
    The following day.

"N-no..."
    Sobs, whimpering, shivering out of fear.

"No...no no no...."
    It shook it's head and use its two forelimbs to move away from the man who wore black.

Yes.
    Fully black, just like those Inquisitors of the Western world...

"No no no no no no....NO NO NO..."

The room was pitch-black.

No. It was pitch-black save for the candles that littered the room.
    And right in the middle of the room was a circular marble platform.
    No, it was no platform. It was a sacrificial alter.

Atop of it was the pitiful source of the noise.

A young kitten that has been labelled by Kyouka.
    As his friend.

I rose my hand and gave the signal, behind me my grandson begging - and sobbing - for mercy.
    "Kyou-ojiisama, please stop! She...Hanami-chan has nothing to do with this!"

Disappointed, I answer without showing my upset face.
    "It has everything to do with this. We Suigetsu need no friends. We take what we need through power and allure."

I made a pause, letting my lecturing sink into the boy.
    "In fact, romance and friendship will hinder our way of life. Throw these things away, boy. We magi of the Suigetsu clan only need ourselves to survive."

[center]ORIGINS OF THE ESCAPIST
    >>Chapter 1 - The training begins<<
    >->>END<<-<