Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: God Eater Burst

Lavender

God Eater Burst

I refuse to call it, "Gods Eater."

Does anyone play this...? It is an obvious Monster Hunter clone (Yeesh, look at the Tri and Burst covers), though I think it's an interesting and so far enjoyable game. The gameplay is similar to its counter-part but without the exploration, which I admit is a bit unfortunate.

Still, the multiplayer is pretty decent (2-4 players), as well as the character customisation is quite expansive. I recommend it, provided it is your sort of game.

Has it been released in America yet? I lack a PSP as of now but I guess that is going to change soon, so many games.

Lavender
    Yes, it has.

Sadly that means dub only, however.

Is the dub that bad? I will "suffer" through a dub if it is well done or at least entertains me (like the Code Geass dub).

Lavender
    It's all right...

In regards to your own character, I suppose it depends on the voice that is chosen. Otherwise, it just sounds like a typical anime dub. Awkward Japanese to English not sounding very natural though still bearable, etc.

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing the US version doesn't have the cameo DLC? Because if I can't tear shit up as Accelerator, I feel absolutely no desire to buy it.

Lavender
    I am not sure about that. In fact, I have not really heard about it until you mentioned it, lol.

There might be. There is a DLC menu and the game was released with Burst, so there is extra content. I do not think you can grab DLC outfits at the start, however.

04satsujinki40
    thanks for starting the thread Lavvy-nee~!

im going to buy this game one of this days. i loved MH but got tired of it because of no storyline.

edit: and yes, it's kinda unnecessary for them to add an s to the word god.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 04satsujinki40 View Post
    And to think, the name change was a direct request from the God Eater team over at Namco Bandai. Who friggin' knows what they're thinking.

They want Americans to know the "God" that is being eaten, is a God in plural, insinuating some sort of myriad gods or pantheon of Gods, meaning it is not the monotheistic God of Christianity that is being eaten.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had moneys to buy a new PSP, just so I can also play this, and 3rd B-Day, and D12.... ;___;

*WAH*
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Lavender
    Quote Originally Posted by 04satsujinki40 View Post
    thanks for starting the thread Lavvy-nee~!

im going to buy this game one of this days. i loved MH but got tired of it because of no storyline.

I would love to play with you if you get the chance!

I think you will enjoy the story and characters as well. It seems like a "Rain game", though I could be mistaken, lol.

04satsujinki40
    ^how is it a "Rain game" lol? well, tbh, it is my type of game. id love to play with you! did u already get it?

and Irun, it would be great to play with ya...

Lavender
    I do not know exactly how, though I get this feeling. The world, the characters, it seems like something you might get into.

Though, as I said, I could be wrong. :P

And yes! I picked it up a number of days ago. I have been playing it extensively, and enjoying it very much, especially in multiplayer.

04satsujinki40
    ^you're right tho!

anyways, im gonna buy it and play it with ya. how to play multiplayer tho?

Lavender
    Ah, shit... Do you have a PS3?

I forgot to mention, you need a PS3 to run Ad-Hoc party with it.

A bit lame, though eh.

04satsujinki40
    oh shit, i need a PS3? i dont have one. so it means i cant multiplayer? T_T

Not over the internet, no.

04satsujinki40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Not over the internet, no.
    u mean like the online gathering hall in monster hunter freedom unite?

Lavender
    I heard Monster Hunter has Ad-Hoc party... It may work similar, though I think you still need a PS3 to trigger it, unfortunately.