Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code Tournament revival

Blog Entries
    >using prerecorded Bnb combos

CASUALSSSSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Just hold 9 (up forward) after 5C (do 5C fast so they don't hit the ground before it hits) and j.C. Nanaya combo is actually harder than the usual air combo, 'cause you have to time it a little. From some launchers (like 2C 5C) you got to do the j.BC dj.BC fairly quickly so that their body goes up faster than yours so everything else connects. Basically, do it faster~! 2C 5C j.BC dj.BC Airthrow all have to be done without delay in most situations. CNanaya is fairly simple and is good for learning reverse beat pressure, but he has a hard time in neutral against a lot of characters and has difficult advanced combos. I'd suggest playing HNanaya instead. Not as flashy, but very solid.

EDIT: Or you can just mash everything out. Just mash the next button as soon as you see the attack before it hits. Not a good habit to learn, but in Melty it works for half the cast. :v
    Last edited by Sashi; January 21st, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    I don't like using the H. Chars for the sole reason of EX limitation. C is def my favorite in that sense. Otherwise I prefer the hard hits of F.

fuck it, I'll reinstall hamachi and try to play with you guys, even if it has been a long time since I played.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    I hate playing Full Moon because I can't Reverse Beat (with the exception of F-V.Akiha, don't ask me why but I can play as her). At the start I only played CM, but since some time ago I pretty much became a HM player.

And I can also atest that H-Nanaya's air combo is WAY easier than C-Nanaya's. You can also easily go over 4k damage if you end the air combo using his j.214C, assuming your combo isn't too short.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    I'm actually not all that good, lol. Hopefully someone will help me set up Hamachi and enter this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    It took me eight months to pull an air combo, don't sweat about it.
    Da fuck? Pretty sure i was already doing them the first time i opened the game. Get a keyboard, you guys :/

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I'm actually not all that good, lol. Hopefully someone will help me set up Hamachi and enter this tournament.
    The install is straight forward. I'm pretty sure my network is the only one for Melty without the 8-man limit (it can hold 256 people).

Network: Melty Blood EU (Got US players as well though)
    Pass: sugoisugoi

I've always been willing to play new people, though in the long run i'll only bother if the player show interest in improving.
    Last edited by Roy-Kr; January 21st, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Are there any good places to see combos in action? I've searched Youtube and the Melty wiki, but the character entries are pretty incomplete for most of the characters and having videos to show me what it's supposed to look like would help quite a bit.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy-Kr View Post
    Da fuck? Pretty sure i was already doing them the first time i opened the game. Get a keyboard, you guys :/
    Well, I don't know about your gaming life, but MB was my first fighting game EVER. Don't blame me for not fighting like a pro from day 1.

And keyboard sucks, I use a gamepad and it makes it easier to... everything! I've tried playing fighters using a keyboard, but goddammit, I can never do 1 or 3 commandos properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Are there any good places to see combos in action? I've searched Youtube and the Melty wiki, but the character entries are pretty incomplete for most of the characters and having videos to show me what it's supposed to look like would help quite a bit.
    Just search for them in youtube. Looking at matches and combo videos is always helpful. Here, something that took me less than a minute to find:

Here's one for HNana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GznswbwCirQ

EDIT: Oh, and in the wiki there's a link to the PS2 version on each character page (except Hime and PCL), which usually has more information. Most of it is still valid.

And keyboard is totes legit. Pads are dumb. I'd barely put stick above keyboard.
    Last edited by Sashi; January 21st, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    http://www.meltybread.com/forums/shi...video-thread!/

Every character has a subforum on Melty Bread and as far as I know (I haven't checked every subforum because why would I be interested in the Miyako subforum?) each has a video thread. Plenty of stuff to watch in those.

The character boards on Melty Bread have a bunch.

EDIT: Gah! ^beat me to it.

Well, I don't know about your gaming life, but MB was my first fighting game EVER. Don't blame me for not fighting like a pro from day 1.
    Melty's my only fighter too though.
    Last edited by Roy-Kr; January 21st, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Based Melty Bread. Thanks guys. Hopefully if I focus solely on the three characters I've chosen I'll be a half decent player by the time the tournament starts.

Blog Entries
    Me too. As in, Melty was the first fighting game I took seriously. I could air combo from pretty much the first day. Well... I did play some SF way back when, but that didn't count.

But air combos are integral part of the game and taking eight months to do so... seems a bit excessive, don't you think.

EDIT----

Question to all, what controller are you guys using/planning to use?
    Last edited by Epiren; January 21st, 2013 at 12:31 PM.

Based Melty Bread. Thanks guys. Hopefully if I focus solely on the three characters I've chosen I'll be a half decent player by the time the tournament starts.
    I've focused on one character for about one year and seven months and I'm not decent yet :V

Good luck~

I've focused on one character for 7 years and I still lose 0-40. :v

I'd like to let all the newer guys know not to spend their time learning combos until the tournament.
    Learn one basic combo you can pull off consistently then spend your remaining time learning pressure (both giving and receiving) and neutral game, both of which are best learned in real matches IMO.

Blog Entries
    When in doubt, always remember:

Should probably watch some videos for matchup info. The pool is filled with Nanaya, Roa, and Seifuku. Should know at least what those three can do, especially if you don't play them. Watch what the other player do. Like if it's HRies vs CNero or something and you want to learn how to beat CNero, watch the HRies and see how she deals with Nero's 5[C] (but she can't 'cause Nero is OP ;_; ).
    Last edited by Sashi; January 21st, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, Nero. I don't know how strong he is in Actress Again, but I remember raging at him in the original Melty story mode.

Bastard took me 10 tries to beat. And then I met G-Akiha and realized that there is no God.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    G-Akiha... *shrudders*

Even with the difficulty set to "easiest", she's still a monster. Heck, DoO is easier to beat than her.