View Poll Results: What should the maximum number of poll options be?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Leave it as-is)

    2 5.26%
  • 15

    0 0%
  • 20

    9 23.68%
  • 25

    1 2.63%
  • 30

    14 36.84%
  • 35

    4 10.53%
  • 40

    1 2.63%
  • 45

    0 0%
  • 50

    0 0%
  • OVER NINE THOUSANNNNNNNNNND!

    7 18.42%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 132

Thread: Vote #1: Poll Choice Limits

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    Well, yeah, that's my view as well (although there probably has to be some (very high) limit, for reasons of practicality, and to prevent spammers making a 10000-item poll which breaks the forum). It's not like allowing 50 options in a poll means that people have to use all those options, after all....

  2. #22
    Loki cat Ruca_Milda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running the fuck away
    Posts
    2,309
    Blog Entries
    12
    Tbh I think limits a-

    Lav and Mike y snipe ;_;
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

    <Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

    <@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

  3. #23
    死徒 Dead Apostle Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    859
    Honestly, I oppose it just cause when mike asked about it, he was ridiculously rude and sounded like an ingrate.

    So 20 (the lowest number that seems to actually be getting support).

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    Right, so just because I actually expressed my opinion and pointed out that DP's arguments were rubbish, you're going to saddle the entire forum with a lower number of entries in a poll than you truly think is necessary?

    Christ, you're pathetic....

  5. #25
    秩序 Order Erlkonig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,562
    Blog Entries
    2
    EVERYONE TO THE SHELTER!
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

  6. #26
    死徒 Dead Apostle Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    859
    Pretty much.

    The working deserves respect, and everything you go knocking on his door, it's like the request of a spoiled child.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    OK, what the fuck are you talking about?

    It takes about ten seconds (I would assume) to change it, and it's not like I was particularly "disrespectful" when I originally asked in any case. Just because I don't kow-tow to people just because they have a cyan name instead of a blue one, or start saying "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" like you seem to think we should, that doesn't mean I'm being "ungrateful".

    And, honestly, I think that your "spoiler child" metaphor says a lot more about you and your tendancy to see authority as absolute and unquestionable than it does about my actions. No-one else is complaining....

  8. #28
    死徒 Dead Apostle Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    859
    Well, don't mind me. I'll just enjoy the irony that the motion might defeat itself due to too many choices causing vote splitting.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    Well, yeah, I noticed that, hence why I asked DP how he intended to handle such a situation, and why I've not actually voted yet....

    There's a clear consensus for increasing the size, though, so I'm afraid that you're out of luck if you think it's going to stay at 10 just because we can't agree on a specific number (I would hope, anyway...). So, I'm just going to sit back and laugh at the fact that your pathetic attempt to put a personal grudge against me over what you think is best for the forum as a whole is ultimately doomed to failure. 30 is enough for me in any case, because I can't honestly think of any situation where we would really need a poll of more than 30 options that couldn't be handled with an "other" option (even 20 would probably be OK), even if I support a higher number out of general principle (there's no reason not to set it higher, IMO), and given the current voting intentions mentioned by various people I would imagine that it's not likely to be any less than 30 in the end....

  10. #30
    俺様 Cruor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,943
    JP Friend Code
    508219450
    Blog Entries
    3
    Well, it's not like 10 is getting any votes.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

    GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

  11. #31
    死徒 Dead Apostle Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    859
    Well, that's why I voted 20. Not like I have any sort of personal qualms about it increasing.

  12. #32
    死徒 Dead Apostle willyvereb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hungry:)
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    774
    25-30 choices are damn fine. Any more and it's going to be really troublesome to follow.

  13. #33
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,165
    Blog Entries
    1
    Voted for 30, as it seems to be reasonable enough.

    @Mike: I think that Dark Pulse mentioned earlier in the thread that they'll need to write a mod to increase the limit or something like that, so it is not just a couple of seconds. Just saying.


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    No, he needs a mod to add the ability to retract votes (which is why I'm not pressing him about that, even though it would be very useful). I'm pretty sure that increasing the poll size is merely a matter of changing some number in the board settings.

  15. #35
    死徒 Dead Apostle Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    859
    Well, the issue was you never actually gave him a number to put there. So he just joked around, unwilling to make some arbitrary decision on behalf of everyone.

    Which is what this poll's useful for, arguably.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Well, the issue was you never actually gave him a number to put there. So he just joked around, unwilling to make some arbitrary decision on behalf of everyone.
    Well, honestly I would just use an arbitrarily large number that no-one is ever going to hit except in a deliberate attempt to break the forum, hence why I never suggested anything. I don't really see any fundamental reason to have a limit at all. The only reason is a practical one (to prevent polls breaking the forum), and IMO that is something that can only be really determined by DP (provided it's larger than anything we're likely to ever hit).

    Also, I just asked if he could and would do it. Actually deciding what to raise it to was another matter entirely. However, he seemed rather reluctant to do it, and the arguments he gave for not doing so seemed rather weak to me, hence why I argued with him on that matter.

    Which is what this poll's useful for, arguably.
    Well, yes, fair enough, and I'm not criticising him for starting a poll on the topic. My issue is with you deciding to vote based on a petty grudge rather than on what makes sense.

  17. #37
    死徒 Dead Apostle Jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    859
    I'm pretty sure he was fine with increasing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    I could certainly up the number of maximum choices... but really, what sort of practical maximum would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I dunno, something that actually allows us to vote on all the options in question, rather than limiting us so ridiculously? I mean, 10 choices isn't anything like enough for a "favourite character" poll or even for the polls Lantz is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    There is no good reason why it should be limited to only 10 options in a poll, and I can't imagine that it's hard to change, so why are you so resistant to doing so? Just because that's the "default" setting, it doesn't mean that it's the best setting.
    Cruor tried to be helpful, and suggested 20 as a number too, but you shot him down, ultimately.

    Then the rest was just me bickering with you, and then Dark Pulse made this thread.

  18. #38
    Lethum Milbunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,354
    Blog Entries
    13
    I'm gonna vote for 30.

  19. #39
    秩序 Order Erlkonig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,562
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    EVERYONE TO THE SHELTER!
    Fucking called it!
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, UK
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,644
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was fine with increasing it.
    Well, he seemed somewhat reluctant. And, more importantly, he was putting forward arguments for not doing so, which is what I was arguing against. Whether he truly believes those arguments doesn't really matter, he was still making them....

    Cruor tried to be helpful, and suggested 20 as a number too, but you shot him down, ultimately.
    Erm, when did I shoot him down?

    Then the rest was just me bickering with you, and then Dark Pulse made this thread.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, yes. So, what's your point?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •