Blog Entries

Magical Girl Noir Quest Gaiden - Forgotten Story

Magical Girl Noir Quest
    Gaiden

A Choose Your Own Adventure Story

}ï{

Foreword

}ï{

Hi, guys, it's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry for disappearing from the RP section without much warning. I haven't been writing as much as of late and have instead been focusing on my other hobby: drawing. However, due to Fishie's insistence, I've been trying to fix that and get back into writing again. I suppose this could be considered a warm up for going back to certain writing and RP projects that have been left in the backburner for far too long. So I hope that if you've enjoyed reading my RP posts before that you'll also enjoy playing through this little project of mine.

This is going to be a Choose Your Own Adventure story based heavily on Puella Magi Madoka Magica/Magical Girl Noir Quest. If you're unfamiliar with both or either of these, don't worry, I'll be keeping things as simple as possible so that you can jump in, read, choose your own adventure, and still have a good time. In fact, it's probably better if you're unfamiliar! It'll add to the mystery and tension!

And, yes, before you ask, I did get Deculture's permission for this. I can only hope to live up to his expectations.

At any rate, here is how things will work out: I'll post story scenes and their choices. After a period of voting, I'll post the next scene, adding links so as to connect the entire story; so you don't have to worry about voting or commenting because all the relevant posts will be linked to each other. We will continue the process of scene, vote, scene until we arrive at a choice that I have not written yet. This unwritten choice will be the next scene that I write and we'll keep going until we complete that particular path. Once a path is finished we can go back and write a different end to the story!

Fun, right?

Now, before we begin, I have to thank a few people without whom I would never have undertaken this project. So, I would like to thank Alfheimwanderer, Velsper the Cat, AFaceIntheCrowd, and xyxxyDenton for their invaluable feedback, editing, and countless contributions. Thank you, hero, for being an awesome guinea pig for my early ideas on this CYOA. I would also like to thank Airen and Israelhexen for giving me the final push to go ahead and post this.

Most importantly, I would like to thank Deculture for writing Magical Girl Noir Quest and getting me back into drawing and writing and providing me with the inspiration to do this and all the awesome moments that his quest has provided.

Thanks guys.

Lastly, I hope you guys enjoy this. Even if you cannot participate consistently, even if you only give this a cursory read, thank you, everyone, for sparing me your time.

Now, let's begin the opening act!

}ï{

}ï{

You are a Magical Girl.

A fancy term used to snare young girls and conceal the truth: that you’re nothing more than a killer for hire.

An assassin.

And right now you’re staggering slowly through filthy deserted alleys, clutching at your stomach with your left arm as your right hangs limply at your side. Trying to stem the blood flow from the nasty gash at your stomach has proven to be completely hopeless, your limited regeneration sadly inadequate at closing the persistent wound. At times like this, you find yourself envying that uptight blue haired bitch and her enhanced regeneration. It would sure come in handy right now.

Without warning, you find yourself feeling dizzy and you can’t stop yourself from slipping on a grimy puddle, your body tripping awkwardly as you lose your footing. Somehow you manage to keep yourself from falling forward, but your shoulder slams painfully into a wall, streaking it with red and forcing a small groan from your lips; the force of the impact nearly knocking your glasses off your face.

...You’re exhausted.

Each breath is an agony; coming in short, ragged gasps and wheezes that leave your lungs burning with each exhalation. Your left arm is trembling; you can’t stop it, the gun in your hand feels heavy and just about to fall in between your nerveless fingers, and your right arm? Completely useless. You can’t even feel it anymore.

[#01]You stand up and push on forward. You can’t stop here. You have no time to spare.
    [#02]You lean against the wall and stop. You’ve earned a small rest.
    [#??]Other: Write-in.

}ï{

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (First reply is mine~)

#1.

Stopping is never a good idea. Also it's not shonen
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    [#02] You lean against the wall and stop. You’ve earned a small rest.

laziness max
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    [#01]You stand up and push on forward. You can’t stop here. You have no time to spare.

WE GOTTA KEEP GOING.

Blog Entries

Magical girls need no working out.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Kharn is the best girl. Israelhexen's Avatar
    #1.

Well, after being included in the foreword like that, I couldn't not register, now could I! Let's get this show on the road~

I remember this~

Let's aim for a no bad end run...

<.<

>.>

<.<

Push forward >.>
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2 rest is never a bad end

Teasing the Penguin God!

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    (1) Push forward. Besides, an alley is hardly an ideal place to get caught in.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    *stares around the RP section*

What an odd place!

A quick stop to try and recover strength, rather than pushing on weakened to face whatever nasties the future holds in such a state.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Goin' for lazy Noir mahou shoujo.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cause tie break.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    }ï{
    [#01]
    }ï{

With a grunt of annoyance, you stumble forward with desperate strength, your heels somehow finding steady purchase in the grime and the refuse. Each step is agony, yes, but you can’t stop here. You can’t die. Not yet. You still have too much left to do. If you stop, you’re dead. The only choice is to keep moving, regardless of the consequences.

One foot, then the other.

Splish, splosh.

Gasp, wheeze.

You hear nothing else other than your own labored breathing and your steps splashing from one disgusting filmy puddle to the next. Still, some way, somehow, you find the energy to keep on pushing forward. Is it hope? Is it fear? Whatever is driving you at this point is unimportant. All that you know is that you cannot afford to stop. To stop is to die. You cannot let your hunters catch up to you; you must escape, no matter the cost.

One foot, then the other...

Splish, splosh.

You’re on the wrong side of the old game of predator and prey - the last thing you want is to make a lot of noise, and here you are making a lot of noise. But it can’t be helped. Grievously wounded, exhausted beyond measure, the ability to control your own limbs is inexorably slipping away, and yet, you can’t afford to stop. Not now.

One foot, then the other...

Out of the corner of your eye, you see something move ahead of you, causing your blood to freeze in your veins. Did they catch up to you already? No, wait...

A pink and white costume adorned with black ribbons.

A smiling face with pure midnight eyes.

Pinky.

Your one clear memory, the only thing that you can remember about your past, is the smiling rose haired girl - the Witch - before you ripping your heart out.

The black eyed Witch from your nightmares is standing just a few steps before you and yet... you lift your eyes and look around, but the world is normal; not the dull gray hues of time stop, the tell-tale sign which heralds both the use of your powers and her appearances. You are not in frozen time so what is she doing here? What the hell is going on?

[#04]Stop and try to talk to her. Something strange is going on here.
    [#05]Ignore her. It’s just a hallucination. You have to keep going.

Blog Entries
    [#05]Ignore her. It’s just a hallucination. You have to keep going.
    If we're going down this road, we can't talk to any Witches or strangers unless we know we can slap them across Noir Albuquerque.
    F/GO SUPPORT

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    [#05]Ignore her.

she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there she's not there

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [#5.]Ignore her.

Witches aren't real guys.

>.>
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    [#5.]Ignore her.

Witches aren't real guys.

>.>
    Red Truth saying Witches aren't real. gg Airen. gg.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

This is the anime version of crazy cat lady, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries

diplomacy plz