Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1924272829

Thread: Magical Girl Noir Quest Gaiden - Forgotten Story

Blog Entries
    I have read this whole thread. Now I go pass out.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Well, this is going to be confusing.

Still no Kotoseika level of confusion, though.

Hide your waifu, This is worm country. Hopeluvjoy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well now. The last thread today was quite enlightening.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah, forgot this had updated. Hmm...

I'm gonna go against the grain here and go with [#151] Go back and talk to Rei. Try to get more information out of her.

This might be our only chance to get any help, which we kinda need atm- and while planning and preparing may seem like a good idea, based on what we know of Haruka's powers, the more we plan out things, the easier it will become for her to predict our movements

The best way to counter her is to get another person on side, and force her to try and predict two people instead of one.

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I apologize sincerely for the delay, but both November and December have been extremely busy for me.

I HAVE been working on the new scene the past few days. I'll work on it some more tomorrow when I get off from work early and should, hopefully, have it ready for Christmas day.

Happy holidays everyone and, once again, my most heartfelt apologies.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Judging even by tweets only, being Zio must be some immense suffering.
    Hope you are feeling at least a bit better now.
    Last edited by Ratman; December 26th, 2013 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    }ï{
    [#152]
    }ï{

Thunder crashes somewhere far away, a reverberating echo that reminds you that the storm has not yet abated. A few steps ahead, rain drips from rooftops far above you forming a strange corridor leading you further into the city’s darkened alleys. Out there your hunters wait for you, planning and preparing your demise. Although their numbers are diminished you have no illusions of them retreating or relenting, not until you are well and truly dead with your Soul Gem crushed to nothing more than dust. Behind you lie the corpses of their comrades, both a testament to your tenacity and a grim memento for the survivors. If they were determined to kill you before, now they must be both desperate and furious. They will come after you without mercy and without hesitation.

You have to find shelter. You have to plan and prepare.

As you are, tired and on edge, you cannot hope to outlast them.

Recover your strength, whittle their numbers, kill them all…

But there is something you must do first.

Without turning around, you call over your shoulder.

“Thanks.”

The girl behind you, the bespectacled Venenum with a stutter and a short-temper, answers you with silence. Probably didn’t even hear you, probably already left with her precious samples.

Well… that’s how it should be. Better that she doesn’t get involved with you any further, for her own sake. She’d just slow you down anyway…

Spitting to clear the taste of blood from your mouth, you move forward with brisk and cautious steps, your gun ready and your eyes alert. You can’t afford to let them take you by surprise, but you need to move quickly before you lose the small advantage that your brief rampage has garnered you. The alleys, however, are unfamiliar and winding, and the rain makes your vision even poorer than normal. Can’t be too picky or things will just go to shit anyway.

A store… a small family owned tofu joint that had been abandoned. It was once boarded up but had since been broken into and vandalized for whatever could be found.

It’s as good a place as any, you think to yourself as you force your way inside as quietly as possible, your eyes scanning for any movement or unusual shadows.

Nothing.

For now.

Tension leaves your body, but you remain alert as you quickly confirm your weapon and Soul Gem levels. Even though your body still feels like you got rolled over by a truck, you’re still good to go, but a long and drawn out battle will surely end up with you witching out from prolonged combat. A quick breather will do you good, however. You can, at least, get your anger back in control, think it over clearly.

Deep breath, deep breath, deep breath…

Things are in Haruka’s court now. If she sent everyone after you…

But that isn’t going to happen. So far she’s mostly relied on individual sentries and small groups to take potshots at you and wear you down. Committing everything in a single attack would be sheer desperation when drawing things out is in her favor. You can’t expect her to overextend herself when she surely knows that guerrilla tactics are her best bet for killing you.

So… what do you do?

[#154] Hunker down. Let her come to you. At least then you’ll be expecting her.
    [#155] Move out quickly. They’re surely closing in, maybe you can slip past and counter.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Waiting for a fight is good if you can prepare something to surprise them, but trap detection is the minimal thing that can be expected from Haruka. They are getting time to prepare as well now, and have a person that can tell them what to prepare for. Settling down would just help her.

At the same time, mental state is basic on a battlefield, Snake. Now we are okay, but getting too angry or in a paranoia fit again will make it harder to conserve energy. Getting overly emotional is for frilly dildos who call out their attack names, not people who play the Meguca Catch-22 game but still want to retire the right way.

So no rush, take it easy, but [#155] Move out quickly. They’re surely closing in, maybe you can slip past and counter.
    Last edited by Ratman; January 11th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    [#155] Move out quickly. They’re surely closing in, maybe you can slip past and counter.

Either option will be predicted by her and planned around. However, a stationary enemy is much easier to deal with than a moving one. For one, there will be problems in communication between so many enemies when only a single one possesses the power of clairvoyance, and therein lies your chance to slip through. Force Haruka to use her power to constantly keep up with you. Don't plan out your route, and switch directions on a whim to throw off her predictions and keep your future movements unpredictable. It probably won't work, but it's worth a try. There are no proven tactics to deal with someone who sees the future, except one: Killing them before they can use that information.

Blog Entries

As Bloble said, a stationary enemy is an easy enemy. The second we stop moving and start preparing; the easier it is for Haruka to zero in on the very same plan and use that knowledge against us. So listen to your whims every now and sometimes do the opposite of that whim as we move forward to counter.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be update! Yay!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There isn't just one!

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, I can't write tonight. I've had some... personal drama. I'm so sorry for promising for tonight and breaking that promise again, again after so many months. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll... I'll try for tomorrow instead.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's okay Zio! Take your time! There's no rush.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about us! I'm sure you'll update it when you can.