Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1081

Thread: Fate/Stay Night - Prismatic Chaos

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    R.Shiki: Original personality "Shiki", female; added personality "SHIKI", male; 3rd VOID

So you're saying that SHIKI should've destroyed Shiki because he was stronger/combat-oriented?
    She's a freak, you know. Also a natural multiple existence.

Now, seriously: Kindly stop harping the point. It's been fuck-if-I-remember how many chapters. You object to the very premise of the fic. Why are you still reading it, then? Just stop reading this and stop pissing other people off by pushing your viewpoint the way Mike does.
    Last edited by Kyte; May 19th, 2012 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    R.Shiki: Original personality "Shiki", female; added personality "SHIKI", male; 3rd VOID

So you're saying that SHIKI should've destroyed Shiki because he was stronger/combat-oriented?
    lolwhat, when did Shiki have anything to do with this, even as an analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Lyco take this to pms you're clogging up the thread. And why the heck are you even here? You've made it clear multiple times that you don't like this story so either keep quiet or get out.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    She's a freak, you know. Also a natural multiple existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    lolwhat, when did Shiki have anything to do with this, even as an analogy.
    Not acknowledging the parallel? Or just trying to shut me up because you dislike what I'm saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Not acknowledging the parallel? Or just trying to shut me up because you dislike what I'm saying?
    Not really no, but then again I lost track of what you were arguing for a bit ago, do you have a short version?
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    The latter. I don't give a fuck if it's correct or not, I just want you to shut up.

Blog Entries
    Not really no, but then again I lost track of what you were arguing for a bit ago, do you have a short version?
    Others are trying to say that, because "Kirika" was dominant, Shirou getting effectively killed is justifiable, since he "had no personality (which I disagree with, strongly)", was "merely and irritation and nuisance", a "contradiction", and a few others things.

However, my point with bringing up R.Shiki is that SHIKI was stronger, more combat-oriented, and *meant*, or at least intended, to be in control.
    There are parallels that I would think are obvious, but might need further explanation.

@Kyte: I was giving this fic a chance.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Others are trying to say that, because "Kirika" was dominant, Shirou getting effectively killed is justifiable, since he "had no personality (which I disagree with, strongly)", was "merely and irritation and nuisance", a "contradiction", and a few others things.

However, my point with bringing up R.Shiki is that SHIKI was stronger, more combat-oriented, and *meant*, or at least intended, to be in control.
    There are parallels that I would think are obvious, but might need further explanation.
    Well, let's see here. SHIKI: stronger - not really, depending on definition. 'Meant' to be in control, fairly strongly false, he's only intended purpose is to be in control during combat. Yeaaah.

Blog Entries
    Well, let's see here. SHIKI: stronger - not really, depending on definition. 'Meant' to be in control, fairly strongly false, he's only intended purpose is to be in control during combat. Yeaaah.
    Fair enough, then.

I'm still at a loss as to why people find killing off what was left of Shirou is justifiable.

Accepting a part of yourself that exists but unnerves you...I thought *that* was a step to maturity? Not doing all you can to destroy it, merely because it's convenient.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Regarding this new Kirika, does she still have the ideals she inherited from Kiritsugu?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You all are saying this like Shirou was just a poison or irritant to be "cured". Or an "obstacle" to be surpassed.
    Not buying it.
    No, because Shirou turned into Kirika a long time ago. There is no Shirou any more, just Kirika. All Kirika is doing is getting rid of the thought that Shirou is her "true self".

No, because they're not in any way the same. SHIKI is an alternate personality inside the same body as Shiki, Shirou is merely a part of Kirika's psyche. It's no more "wrong" for Kirika to discard her than it is wrong for Shirou to turn Sakura back to normal at the end of HF.

Anyway, that was an interesting chapter, and Kirika was awesome. Plus, it's nice to see that Sakura and Rin's relationship seems to be about to be mended. Although, I wasn't clear where Sakura and Ilya (and possibly also Rin) went, since Rider picked them up, and then the next thing we saw she was running into Kirika....

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Accepting a part of yourself that exists but unnerves you...I thought *that* was a step to maturity? Not doing all you can to destroy it, merely because it's convenient.
    Actually, from how I saw it, it's the other way around.
    She's not rejecting 'Shirou'; she's accepting she's 'Kirika', and someone who is different from 'Shirou'.

EDIT: Well, fraggle and Mike said it better.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    @Kyte: I was giving this fic a chance.
    By bawwing every time this topic was brought up? You have a problem with the fundamental building block of the fic. If you "want to give it a chance", then you'll shut up and read, because you already decided to ignore your personal opposition to the fundamental premise. The fact you haven't means you don't really "want to give it a chance", you just want to keep complaining about it.

Fair enough, then.

I'm still at a loss as to why people find killing off what was left of Shirou is justifiable.

Because it's a leftover. A shade. Shirou proper was already dead. She was just afraid of accepting her new identity.

Also sniped by Mike.
    Last edited by Kyte; May 19th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    @Lyco - I thought I made it clear that this was going to be a Fem! Shirou story from the beginning? Did you miss this fact despite the last 20+ chapters that I've built upon the idea? I wrote this story with yuri, FOR the yuri. You can hardly expect me to do an about face turn now to turn Kirika back into Shirou.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Regarding this new Kirika, does she still have the ideals she inherited from Kiritsugu?
    She holds to the core of those ideals, which is that side of justice should win, but she isn't so single-minded about it... That doesn't sound right does it? I'm not sure how to express the difference right now, and will probably build upon it in later chapters.

Although, I wasn't clear where Sakura and Ilya (and possibly also Rin) went, since Rider picked them up, and then the next thing we saw she was running into Kirika....
    One of the parts I had to cut out. Just couldn't fit that in without ruining the flow. Since it just involved Rider taking Sakura and Ilya and dropping them a fair distance away I thought I should just skip it and go straight to the next plot-relevant scene. Rin on the other hand was unconscious for this whole last part, as was Saber, which is why they had no scenes at all.
    Last edited by Alyeris; May 19th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Spoiler:

If you care for someone, you should always be prepared to tell them when they are wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    No, because Shirou turned into Kirika a long time ago. There is no Shirou any more, just Kirika. All Kirika is doing is getting rid of the thought that Shirou is her "true self".
    Not sure if you're being serious, Mike..."Kirika" isn't the real self, either, unless "real self" suddenly means the one in control and dominant.
    And there definitely was some of Shirou left, or did you miss the part where he was chained up, imprisoned, and being wiped away slowly and painfully?

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    Actually, from how I saw it, it's the other way around.
    She's not rejecting 'Shirou', as much as she's accepting she's 'Kirika', and someone who is different from 'Shirou'.
    She's in denial, though. She's denying her past, to the point of killing it off.

@Alyeris: I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't just kill off what was left. Apparently I was wrong.
    And if that's your motivation for writing this, then I sorely overestimated you. Apologies if that sounds antagonistic; it isn't intended that way.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; May 19th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    @Alyeris: I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't just kill off what was left. Apparently I was wrong.
    And if that's your motivation for writing this, then I sorely overestimated you. Apologies if that sounds antagonistic; it isn't intended that way.
    Liar. You've been antagonistic the entire time. Also you're insulting here. Alyeris had made the point of this fic very clear. You just refused to accept it in favor of more bawwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyeris View Post
    She holds to the core of those ideals, which is that side of justice should win, but she isn't so single-minded about it... That doesn't sound right does it? I'm not sure how to express the difference right now, and will probably build upon it in later chapters.
    Something similar to was Shirou had to go in FSN. Accept the fact that she can't just follow blindly and some concessions have to be made?

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Did you miss the part where he was chained up, imprisoned, and being wiped away slowly and painfully?
    Could you point me to that, Lyco? I don't remember (then again, it's been some time since I read the previous chapters).

She's in denial, though. She's denying her past, to the point of killing it off.
    She's not in denial. She acknowledges she was Emiya Shirou in the past, but that she is Emiya Kirika now.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyeris View Post
    One of the parts I had to cut out. Just couldn't fit that in without ruining the flow. Since it just involved Rider taking Sakura and Ilya and dropping them a fair distance away I thought I should just skip it and go straight to the next plot-relevant scene. Rin on the other hand was unconscious for this whole last part, as was Saber, which is why they had no scenes at all.
    Ah, OK. That does make sense, I guess (although I'm not sure how Ilya got back...).

Not sure if you're being serious, Mike..."Kirika" isn't the real self, either, unless "real self" suddenly means the one in control and dominant.
    Yes, she is, just like someone is still their "real self" after they have a sex change or psychological therapy. Kirika used to be Shirou, but she changed into Kirika, and that is who she is now.

And there definitely was some of Shirou left, or did you miss the part where he was chained up, imprisoned, and being wiped away slowly and painfully?
    And, did you miss the part where that was a metaphor, not reality...?

No, she's not. She's just accepting that it's her past, not her present or future....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    Could you point me to that, Lyco? I don't remember (then again, it's been some time since I read the old chapters).
    I think it was in late in chapter 4, or early in chapter 5.

She's not in denial. She acknowledges she was Emiya Shirou in the past, but that she is Emiya Kirika now.
    If that's true, then why did she throw away her past? Is "Kirika" going to lie to everyone around her, now, about her past, because she can no longer remember it, or denies it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yes, she is, just like someone is still their "real self" after they have a sex change or psychological therapy. Kirika used to be Shirou, but she changed into Kirika, and that is who she is now.
    So only the present matters, nothing of the past? That isn't healthy at all.

Last edited by Lycodrake; May 19th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    I got the impression that she doesn't really talk about the time before she was Kirika, even to Rin. Lying isn't needed when the subject never comes up.