Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: General Team Sports Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And Montreal beats out the Bruins in game 7. So the Semi's will be Rangers v Canadiens, and Blackhawks v Some South California team.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The San Antonio Spurs.

God fucking damn.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So the Devils got Cammalleri. And from what I understand the Central Division all pretty much just traded some of their best players with each other.

Draft pretty crazy this year.

Edit: Oh hey Havlat is also going to the Devils as well. Hm, was gonna say this is bad before realizing we got him for only 1.5m (under the Sharks he was getting 5-6m a year). Dude is still the most injury prone player ever. He still plays amazingly in post season (not very well in season though, which is what we need after being left out of the Playoffs last season. Though, what we needed last season was actual goal scorers).

We still have like 3-5m left wonder who we could pick up. We need another Goaltender but will we up Brodeur again, is the question. From what I hear Toronot or the Bruins or something wanted him.
    Last edited by Cruor; July 2nd, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Someone comfort Kenta, the Rams just lost their starting QB and the job now falls on a guy that went 3-7 the last time he had a gig. Good thing their defensive line is still a monster.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I'm still in mourning. Fuck man, this was Sam's year. He was looking so good. He was looking even better than last year when he was tearing it up. Fuck. I need a drink. I don't want to start over.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kinda only found out about this today but during the NOT-Koshien one of the semi finalist games THIS happened.

For those that don't understand Baseball. Normal highschool baseball has 9 innings with games usually lasting about 2 or 3 hours. In professional Baseball games that hit 20 innings, games end up being 6 hour long marathons. What happened in the image is that the game went on for FIFTY FREAKING INNINGS AND LASTED FOUR FUCKING DAYS until Chukyo Highschool won. They did, of course take breaks.

But what makes this twice as amazing is that neither team changed from their starting pitchers and made a combined total of 1400 pitches. I played pitcher in little league and God if I had to pitch a whole 6 inning game I was tired as shit (and from what I understand is that after this game, because the game was going on for so long the organizers had the winner, Chukyo, go for a double header and go right into the finals, during which the same pitcher that already did 700 pitches was put in after the fourth inning), even in the MLB a player generally gets pulled after 100-140 pitches. What makes this funny is that both teams had over 20 hits (a ridiculous number of hits) and neither team had scored until 50 innings in.

Oh right, and in the tournament rule book, it turned out there was a rule that if the game went on for 54 innings the game would be decided by a coin flip. I don't think I've ever heard of a rule like this anywhere. So yeah,

And I guess I can post this as well which is a video of the Koshien Ishikawa Prefectual tournament where Seiryo makes a huge comeback in the bottom of the 9th inning (to put it in soccer terms or whatever imagine the score going from 0-4 to 5-4 in the last 10 minutes of the game).
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

I didn't know if there was a more soccer-specific thread in which to put this instead, so...

The LA Galaxy hosted the 2014 MLS Cup final earlier today, beating the New England Revolution 2-1 at extra time. That's five MLS Cups for the Galaxy (the most of any team), six Cups won by Landon Donovan (the most of any player), and an 0 for 5 record at the Cup for the Revs (who still need to get the hell out of Gillette Stadium and into a new soccer-specific stadium in or around the city of Boston).
    Last edited by Nerroth; December 7th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The NFL playoff picture shall be defined this week. I feel bummed that the Bills will miss out again and I have a feeling that we need another good QB here. Manuel feels raw and his accuracy is an issue and Orton is so-so and that kind of thing does not cut it in the NFL. Spiller is a glass cannon; he's got loads of talent he brings to the table but if he gets injured, the running game almost goes down the toilet. I don't know how many years Fred Jackson will have left in his tank and there may be some good things coming out from the receiving corps (Sammy Watkins has been amazing considering the situation at QB and Scott Chandler is a pretty good tight end that could be known a lot more because of said situation I just mentioned).

That said, the defense is a huge plus and I think the secondary may need an improvement or two.

J.J. Watt has been amazing, no quesiton. The guy's a freaking monster! But as you guys know, the MVP is usually dominated by QBs and/or RBs and the rest of the positions get little love from the voters (mostly pundits, journalists and whomever else that give the votes) so it's a long shot for Watt to win it.

How about them Cowboys, huh? I think... I think I like their chances this year.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    That remains to be seen once the seedings become settled.

I think I found two nice highlights to cheer KENTA up. Merry Christmas to ya and enjoy those Vladimir Tarasenko goals!

This one stings considering I like the Kings, but I gotta give it to him. The kid's pretty good.

It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yikes. Those are impressive some goals.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Vlady so good. A shame the STL line is only one that knows how to score.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Vlady so good. A shame the STL line is only one that knows how to score.
    As an interesting tidbit, the STL line also means St. Louis in its initials. I'm pretty sure the other players are stepping up nicely. I hear that Shattenkirk's having a great season so far.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Never really got sports

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys, I'm gonna come into a thread dedicated to something just to say I don't get it. This is your useless post for the day.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    To be precise, stuff about rooting for terms and said people arguing It seems to create conflict to me which is never good. I guess there is a sense of loyalty.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just saw my hockey team lose 5-0, with the first two shots on net being goals withing the first three minutes. So depressing.

Blog Entries
    Official tweet by the Buffalo Bills and a statement by Terry Pegula announced that Doug Marrone decided to opt out of his contract. I feel bummed because he was actually having some good progress with the team this year.

*LE SIGH*

Now we need a good coach and quarterback. It seems as though they took a step or two backwards.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!