Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does your username come from?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mine comes from my first name and my birth year, because I'm lazy and totally suck at naming things

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Hey Koto.......what about Neyla?
    What about it? I explained it already...

I used to think that Rock and Roxas would be nice display names, but usually those names were taken... so I figured I might as well turn them into a single name, and since I liked the result I've kept the username.

Hmmm.... Some fucking long time ago, I heard a song titled "Darkman". Didn't really liked it, but the word was kind of stuck in my subconsciousness.
    After that and quite a bit of years I was playing Blood Rayne. The Darkman appeared there too. Again I forgot about the thing and moved on.
    In high school I started playing some on-line games with other guys. I needed a nick name. At first I used my name and added to it "the Dark". Sounded stupid obviously.
    I decided I need a nickname. I kind of wanted it to contain the word Dark. Then I remembered Darkman. Although I didn't remember back then where did I heard the word.
    Anyway I started to use that. And since it seems to be often used on the net, I started to write the end in capitals. That's how DarkMAN was born.
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

JP Friend Code
    There was a Jack Vance short story with a magician called Mazirian (aptly named Mazirian the magician). I liked the name an started using it for characters in D&D and for nicks, though the first time I misremembered it as Mazyrian, and so it stuck.

EDIT: Confused the author name
    Last edited by Mazyrian; April 4th, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

This is something random that just popped into my head one day, but it was ok with me, so now I use it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was reading something fanfic related online. And I liked the word (letum in latin), so the next time I had to create a username, I added an intermediate h for no discernible reason (it-it's not like I like the letter, or anything. I just thought it was funny, really!).

04satsujinki40
    Optimus, i love how you started this thread.

first off, 04satsujinki40. the satsujinki comes from that unofficial version of Shiki with the bandages on his eyes. the zeroes at the end symbolize "nothingness, null" while the fours symbolize "death". yes, since four in japanese sounds like death in japanese too.

and for "Rain", i told them Elderps to call me that since i used to change names a lot in the old BL. "Rain" comes from my name "Raniel". switch the "n" and "i" and if you put the "el" in front, you get "The Rain", since "el" means "the" in spanish. but i just stuck with "Rain" since it looks good and sounds good and i love the rain.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    YOU DIDN'T CAPITALIZE THE X ON PURPOSE, NEYLA!!!

...anyways, the first BBS I ever joined is a now extinct unrecognized Mega Man BBS. Zero was The Shit, M was from Mega, and X because the bastard was always stealing the spotlight. I'm terrible at thinking up new names without resorting to really shitty puns, so I just kept it.

as for the ZeX name I used on old BL (after my original MZeroX account got swept due to me just lurking before the influx of useless members from the Fate anime), that came after the end of Mega Man Zero 4 and before ZX ever hit the US. I was following the Japanese release of handheld Mega Man games waiting for something to spark my interest and ZX came out. Before American announcement, ゼクス was the sound of the text, which I decided to steal. Rather than pronouncing the Z and X independently, I just mashed the moonsounds together, getting "zex", while still preserving the 3 character name. But in light of the game being ZX, I capitalized the "Z" and "X", but left the "e" as the short sound. All of the number variants are cheap plays on the number 6 (12=6x2 since it was my second active account when i made it, 46656=6^6, because I decided it would be the limit of my accounts).
    Last edited by MZeroX; April 4th, 2011 at 07:40 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you don't get where my username comes from you should just get out of here.

Seriously.

04satsujinki40
    *strips*

*gets out of here*

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Mine is random. No, it doesn't refer to xm radio. Several years ago, I needed a new alias, one that was easy to remember and to type. I came up with several candidates, and out of all of them, xm0123 became my favorite. Some of the "failed" candidates include Vile01 (after Vile from the Megaman X games), Blue Yoshi (They're cooler than green Yoshis!), and Lakitu Von Drake. (STOP DISSING MARIO!) I never bothered to use these aliases, hence why I'm mentioning them.

Mind you, this isn't the only handle I use online; just my most popular. My other names? Why, that's classified. (winks)
    g

Mine is from 'Lucifer', the fallen angel. But since it's used by so many people, I thought of being a little more creative by changing the 'L' to 'I' and the 'e' to '3'. Decided on Lucifer as I was browsing the seven sins and learnt how he got banished from heaven, and to remind myself that how 1 wrong move is all that it takes for your ass to get f*cked. And it sounds cool
    干将・莫耶
    Spoiler:
    鶴翼欠落不
    心技泰山至
    心技黄河渡
    唯名別天納
    両雄共命別

鶴翼三連

I am who I am, and I choose my own way to burn.

Its not a phase, its a way of life, do not leave things half-arsed, stick with it all the way.

Everything is Nobu's fault. King Rorthur's Avatar
    I was bored and wanted to make fun of King Arthur but added Ro from Rory. Woo.

I am the herp of my derp. Hurr is my body and durr is my blood. I have created over a thousand derps unknown to durps nor known to hurps
    have withstood durrs to create many derps yet, those hurrs will never herp anything so, as I pray, Unlimited Derp Works
    ~
    Because somehow Kiritsugu managed to make GARcher look like a pussy.

Blog Entries
    I was talking to my friend who introduced me to TYPE-MOON, and we were discussing which Heroic Spirit we'd like to be our Servant. He said he'd love to have Siegfried as Saber. Simply to annoy him, I said I want Brynhilde as my Rider.

And that became my Nasuverse username.

Blog Entries
    Back in High School I was working on an original series that was pretty well received from my limited audience. However, the series died when the homebrew occult philosophy I was using for structure underwent a dramatic change. The power that killed it was a Divine Numbers and Elemental system centered on Twelve Spheres, or Seals.

Hence Twelveseal. In practice, there's a thirteenth, if you can discern it. I still use the structure on occasion for fics. It makes a nice twist on the classical ideas.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The name Ivan comes apparently as a stereotypical Russian name, because until today I still have little Marxist leanings on my political ideologies. And The Mouse because that's what they called me back at my elementary days for having two big front teeth.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    ItsaRandomUsername intentionally pokes fun at all of the psuedonyms and codenames and whatnot that are floating around being used by millions of internet users. It's worth an ironic chuckle or two, which is why I picked it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Keyne is the name of one of my female OCs. Of course, it reads Cain - the biblical firstborn and first murderer. In my fics (written on paper long ago) she's not a murderer, but she is firstborn from Death. I was looking for a name that would mean something, look and sound nice.... and voila, Keyne.

Blog Entries
    I... honestly do not remember where/how I came about my user name. Damn my bad memory... =/

EDIT- No, not from SSBM. I was using it on forums long before SSBM came out.