Page 11 of 282 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru

Sigh.

At this rate, I'll be done Kara no Kyoukai before Mahoyo even comes out.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Yeah, that Touko one is from Character Material.

It'd be awesome if she appears with that design though. I gotta say, forget the "red Touko vs blue Touko" arguments, I like younger Touko.

Ehh, I much prefer older Touko to that. Considering the way she is, her older look suits her much better.

Come to think of it, we've heard a bit about Aoko and Alice in Mahoyo, but not Touko. Well, she's the antagonist, so it's expected.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Considering the way she is, her older look suits her much better.
    Well, she's not going to be "the way she is" when she's younger. Just like younger Aoko and older Aoko are different.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Apparently Touko was even more Touko-like when she was younger if that makes any sense.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Well - I'd have thought Koyama would work off Takeuchi's art like he did for Aoko - so we should see her updated in Mahoyo. However, I thought Nasu mentioned Touko in Rakkyo was because she doesn't get to do much in Mahoyo. Thus - in part one at least - Touko shouldn't have that big a role.

The red vs. blue issue I think is that they're different appearances for a character at a certain time, whereas young Touko and Aoko are simply them at an earlier part of their lives. I accept the Touko in the movies as she's how Nasu and Takeuchi decided she should look as well as the fact that I liked the character's portrayal in the movies.

But then, given Fate/EXTRA and the obvious changes in appearance at different points in time it seems those two ladies are perfectly fine with changing their image as they please.

Random thought. This is 1980s - so within the next decade the Mansion is taken over by the Tohnos for some reason and eventually becomes the residence of the boy that Aoko happened to trample on, on the grounds of a hospital a ways away? (There could be some overlap in various time frames. After all the Tohnos needn't actually reside in the mansion by the time the Nanayas are wiped out - unless there's some throwaway line I can't remember saying the mansion has been theirs for ages or something)

So Touko will be in it. I was unsure. I'm not sure if I want to know all of these details though. Kind of ruining part of the fun. Well, so far it's nothing major, knowing the characters and all. As it comes time to release, and after release, I'll be gone until a TL is out.

Speaking of release... is there a way for us to pre-order it on an English site? Or do we have to wait a while after it's released and all?
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    As it comes time to release, and after release, I'll be gone until a TL is out.
    Well, good luck with your upcoming decade-long vacation from the internet. I'm sure things will be very different when you finally come back.

Blog Entries
    Haha, no kidding.

I wonder how long we'll be able to hide spoilers before everyone goes "okay, we all know Alice dies so let's just mention it openly all the time" or whatever.

How? You don't talk about Mahoutsukai outside of it's thread. Period.
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Blog Entries
    But even when it's not translated, people don't do that.

Everyone was going "ARCHER IS SHIROU, DARK SAKURA LOL" before UBW was even translated, for example.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    How? You don't talk about Mahoutsukai outside of it's thread. Period.
    That isn't gonna happen, Drago. Not a chance in hell. You can't restrict a thread to one topic/conversation.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Look at Fate/EXTRA. We were all going "keep the spoilers in the spoiler thread!" for about a month, now even Saber Extra's fanclub's title says her real name.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That isn't gonna happen, Drago. Not a chance in hell. You can't restrict a thread to one topic/conversation.
    I swear the last time we did this we were on separate sides...

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I swear the last time we did this we were on separate sides...
    No, I made sure to keep out of those conversations.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

But even when it's not translated, people don't do that.

Everyone was going "ARCHER IS SHIROU, DARK SAKURA LOL" before UBW was even translated, for example.
    I know it's hard, but I think (and hope) everyone can be considerate and respectful of each other. I am sure I am not the only one who does not want to be spoiled, you even said you were disappointed at being spoiled one time.

Look at Fate/EXTRA. We were all going "keep the spoilers in the spoiler thread!" for about a month, now even Saber Extra's fanclub's title says her real name.
    I would say the title should be changed but EXTRA will probably never be released outside of Japan.

Blog Entries
    I am sure I am not the only one who does not want to be spoiled, you even said you were disappointed at being spoiled one time.
    Oh, I know, I just don't know if it's realistic to assume everyone will remember not to spoil everything.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think this is the same Misaki Town where Tsukihime took place, isn't it? It looks kinda different judging by the backgrounds I've seen.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    True, the town Tsukihime took place in was made of blue filtered photos!

...I dunno actually.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It may just be the new art style.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    I don't think this is the same Misaki Town where Tsukihime took place, isn't it? It looks kinda different judging by the backgrounds I've seen.
    It is the same town but it does look different, it's probably a mix of nice resolution, colors and the town being ten years younger (or was it more?) than it was in Tsukihime.