Page 164 of 282 FirstFirst ... 64114154159162163164165166169174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 5637

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    Leave the bird out of it
    I'm sorry, but apparently the English language decided that underage birds were exactly the kind of thing that would favorably compare to attractive women.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Snog is so much of a better word than mack or any such thing, at least. Now Australia would be great for translating weirdness. Going off like a frog in a sock would probably raise some eyebrows in other languages, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Principles the same. Just imagine what it'd be like translating common English sexual slang into another language "she patted my concentrated rooster and then shoved it into her cat."
    That'd be stupid, since by less a metaphor I mean it means exactly penis and vagina, even if it does have other meanings. So the translation would be wrong, like google translate wrong.

Same with chick with reference to a girl. If you translate such a use as baby chicken, you're a terribad translator.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    That'd be stupid, since by less a metaphor I mean it means exactly penis and vagina, even if it does have other meanings. So the translation would be wrong, like google translate wrong.

Same with chick with reference to a girl. If you translate such a use as baby chicken, you're a terribad translator.
    Its exactly the same. Seafood metaphors mean nothing without the japanese cultural attachments, just like english speaking metaphors and slang for sex. All I was trying to do was show that.

Nope, because in English you can actually craft actual metaphors that would not translate directly as penis and vagina or what have you, and be actual metaphors.

I'm saying, those specific terms for penis and vagina have transcended beyond euphemisms and metaphors to actually be/mean what they might have, maybe, at one point, been euphemisms and metaphors to.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    Nope, because in English you can actually craft actual metaphors that would not translate directly as penis and vagina or what have you, and be actual metaphors.

I'm saying, those specific terms for penis and vagina have transcended beyond euphemisms and metaphors to actually be/mean what they might have, maybe, at one point, been euphemisms and metaphors to.
    Agreed but that doesn't really diminish my point. A cock and a pussy would still look weird from another perspective, we are just so used to that we don't see it that way, its probably the same for the Japanese and seafood metaphors. Aka seafood metaphors are not a sign that Nasu was super virgin number 1, who had no idea what to do when writing sex(though I think he still had no idea what he was doing but thats more pacing) or that the Japanese are fucked when it comes to sex.

A cock and a pussy would still look weird from another perspective
    Yeah, a perspective in which you don't know what that word means.

Like say, how perspective would still look weird from another perspective, because you don't know what perspective mean.

I'm saying, I understand that seafood is metaphor, but cock and pussy ain't, don't use them as. Use an actual metaphor.

Like a giant writhing hissing python.

不死 Undead
    I'm a little late but I heard the previous translator abandoned the project and someone new picked it up. Can someone confirm?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No to the first, yes to the second.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    People still call their sexual partners "baby".

That alone weirds me out more than any animal- or seafood-related metaphors.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    People still call their sexual partners "baby".

That alone weirds me out more than any animal- or seafood-related metaphors.
    It freaks me out, too!

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Commie translation reaches 20%.

Extrapolation places ETA in June 2013, which indicates a slowdown in the translation rate.

This has been a public service announcement
    Last edited by aldeayeah; December 24th, 2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: curse you seika

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Extrapolation places ETA in June 2012, which indicates a slowdown in the translation rate.
    So slow it goes backwards in time?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Probably a bit pessimistic here, but translation speed will likely slow down some more once the story enters the vast stretches of bugger-all in the middle.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    Probably a bit pessimistic here, but translation speed will likely slow down some more once the story enters the vast stretches of bugger-all in the middle.
    Does anything at all happen in Mahoyo?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    From their rate, I think they have the most problem with Nasu combat. They really slowed down once they reached Chapter 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    Does anything at all happen in Mahoyo?
    Aoko fanservice.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    And a few fight scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

But really Aoko's the most important thing.