Thread: Camelot, Knights of the Round, and Arthurian Legend in Nasuverse

Camelot, Knights of the Round, and Arthurian Legend in Nasuverse

So the title sounds a little more like I'm going to make some scholarly observations or something, but it's far less than that. I'm presently in the process of trying to get my name out there and slightly recognized for when I move to publish original works, but in order to do so I'm working on several different fandoms with fanfiction. I'd really love to do a fic centering on Saber and Irisviel, but I'd really like to get the setting correct before I do so (as I hate to deviate from canon when possible, disregarding the obvious).

At the outset, I plan to pick up immediately prior to Sir Bedivere returning from giving Excalibur back to Vivian, but I'm going to need to know the...general things about the time period and Camelot. I'm a little more familiar with some of the old legends in regards to the Knights of the Round Table and such, but of course they don't absolutely match up. Is there any confirmed list of which Knights are around at this point in Arturia's life, what the political climate of Camelot and the surrounding area is, anything like that? I feel like I'm asking for a lot of obscure things for very little return, and for that I apologize.

I shall, of course, be scouring the wiki for as much of this as I can, but it often seems as, if not more, useful to pick the brains of those who may know exactly what I'm looking for and get a tighter distilled version of the information I need.

My apologies in making what may be a very large request, and thank you in advance for your time.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Start by organizing your info.

As far as the history up until Arthur's death, you can probably get away with following popular renditions of Arthurian tales, and for that you can research on your own.

It would be easier to list things distinct to Nasuverse Arthur/Camelot. For example, the king's reputation for being a competent but cold and distant ruler, which eventually led to civil unrest and secret ambitions against her.

A bunch of newer info has surfaced since Mordred is now a character in Fate/Apocrypha. However, I haven't read it nor Type-Moon Ace 8 yet so I'm unfortunately unable to contribute anything newer than what was in previous fan books and magazines. Furthermore, since Apocrypha is an alternate-universe spin-off, it's unclear how much of that character lore is applicable to mainline Saber.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; February 27th, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fanfic forum is that way.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Take it to the fanfic forum would be my suggestion? And don't use the wiki? The wiki is awful. It's usually just stuff from the primary source run through a retard filter five times and then regurgitated. And if it isn't that then it's secondary source stuff put through the same process.

Pretty much all of the secondary source stuff can be found in various places on this forum, Seika's document linked in the first post on both of the question threads has a lot of information or links to where the information can be found.

http://completematerial.pbworks.com/...32479544/Index

has a lot of Q&A stuff

http://fsn.seorinwastaken.com/archive/

is an lp of Fate Stay Night so you don't have to shift through your save games and I'm sure you can find the translation for Zero online somewhere. Check the translation forum on this site for some other stuff. But for the most part going through Fate and relevant bits of F/HA and if you want to include it EXTRA would probably leave you with as much information as most everyone here.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the Wiki is actually more up to date than Fuyuki. And the stuff that is not up to date are actually from Fuyuki.

So... You might as well use the Wiki.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Just noticed a bunch of Apocrypha info is actually up on Fuyuki. I don't know where they got it from or who translated it, but there's something there.

Okay, time to stop bumping this thread, people.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Closing since questions have mostly been answered. If you are mostly looking for fic stuff and not just general info, start with the fic ideas threads on the fanfiction forum

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."