Thread: Ban

Ban

I just signed on to find that I'd been banned for "sockpuppeting" (I assume it's because of that "Mike" thing that some people were talking about), with a note telling me to talk to the mods on MSN or #notes if I feel it was in error. I don't have any of your MSN details (and nor do I have any way to get access to them) and I have no idea what #notes is. Could you please explain to me why I've been banned?

Blog Entries
    I can't say anything for sure until the others are online, but if you believe you've been unjustly banned we'll review our actions and decide what to do from there.

Well, yes, I was. Everyone seems to just be assuming I'm this "Mike" guy, without even explaining why they believe that.

What have I done wrong? My posts were entirely civil, I've not attacked anyone and I'm not causing any damage to the forum. Even if I were this "Mike", surely there's no reason to ban me just in case. Unless you have some strong evidence to support your assertion, in which case please could you actually explain it so I have a chance to defend myself.

Blog Entries
    Like I said, the actions we took will be reviewed once more mods or admins are online. I unfortunately cannot make the decision myself, and I apologize for the wait.

OK, no problem. I would like to actually be able to defend myself, though. There could be something with a perfectly reasonable explanation that you're using as reason to ban me, but I can't justify it because I don't know what it is.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan2 View Post
    OK, no problem. I would like to actually be able to defend myself, though. There could be something with a perfectly reasonable explanation that you're using as reason to ban me, but I can't justify it because I don't know what it is.
    Then we'll be blunt.
    • You are using the ISP of a user who is no longer welcome here.
    • Your registration IP is within the range of IPs that user would have.
    • The ONLY other person who has ever had that range of IPs is that poster who is no longer welcome here.
    • You are posting in a virtually identical style to that poster.
    • You are frequenting topics that this poster would be in religiously.
    • You are looking at user profiles that this user would also look at religiously for some reason.
    • You signed this new account up with a throwaway email address.

In short, is there a chance you are not this poster? Sure. But if you're not, I'll eat my shoes.

Have a nice day.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Thread locked.