Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about the Nanatsu-Yoru

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question about the Nanatsu-Yoru

Hi guys!
    Is the Nanatsu-Yoru blade (visual novel version, not the anim...eh forget it) coming out of the side or the front?
    And if it is coming out of the side is it a spring or does it need to get out manually?
    I have found pictures of japanese folding knifes but they all have a manual folding system with some kind of latch:

Also do detailed pictures of it exist?
    I want to build one myself (with a fake blade), but the descriptions in the VN don't really help me that much.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    I tend to bend towards the design used in the manga. It comes out of the top, straight up. What you could probabaly do is make a chute from wood similar to the one used here, and either make a wooden cap for it (so it appears as a normal box) or just leave the hole in the top for the blade to come out. However as to how you will manage to get it to release is another story altogether.

******************fox.com/manga/shinge...1/c001/29.html

******************fox.com/manga/shinge...1/c001/30.html

Blog Entries
    He himself does not have a clue if it is a double or single action switchblade?

Oh god...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why does a freaking switch blade have "Sword Saint - Miyamoto Musashi" on its box?

That's like having a dollar-store alarm clock with "Rolex" branded on its box.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently, the one who showcased the knife wanted to get too cute with the historical joke.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Why does a freaking switch blade have "Sword Saint - Miyamoto Musashi" on its box?

yeah but, that would be pretty cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post

Because google image search.

Also I want one of those knives, they look so amazing.
    And compared to a katana practical and cheap.

<Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One thing that always nagged at me. Nanatsu-Yoru (in the manga at least) was a pop out blade design, which would indicate that it structurally couldn't take much stabbing pressure before retracting and is thus used mostly as a slashing implement.

It seems like a stroke of good luck that Shiki's Death Perception means that the dots and lines don't give his attacks any resistance.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't it supposed to just be a fruit knife in the first place (regardless of VN, Manga, or that thing that doesn't exist)? You don't need a strong structure for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Counterguardian View Post
    One thing that always nagged at me. Nanatsu-Yoru (in the manga at least) was a pop out blade design, which would indicate that it structurally couldn't take much stabbing pressure before retracting and is thus used mostly as a slashing implement.

It seems like a stroke of good luck that Shiki's Death Perception means that the dots and lines don't give his attacks any resistance.
    You obviously forget that it is the world of animu, therefore issues like this are IMMPOSSIBRU! :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Counterguardian View Post

But a normal switchblade has a lock mechanism that doesn't break easily, at least when you are not trying to stab concrete to death.

IIRC (and I think this time I do) Shiki feels no resistance when cutting lines and stabbing dots.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ^this. He says he feels no resistence when he was cutting a bed and a tree in half five minutes into the game. He also says it a few other times.

Ryougi feels resistance though apparently according to Touko. Doesn't she also break her nail cutting a flower too?
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    She broke her finger cutting the corpse, dunno about the flower.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you can break a nail on a flower, no matter how hard you try.

The idea just seems plain stupid.

I think it's a mental thing again, with the resistance and what not. Ryougi expects there to be lines when she cuts the lines, so there is. Tohno doesn't, so there aren't. Like 'I see this thing as 'alive', so it has lines. I see this thing as 'dead', so it has no lines'
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

to bad you need to be in the military to be able to "legally" buy a Out the front knife.

I want one =3=

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

I love how this hopped into a lines discussion, but either way I didn't know Ryougi broke her finger when fighting that corpse? Pretty neat, that was probably described in the novels then.

An alternative is either making one without telling anyone (lol), or making one that's not really a knife, but a dull piece of steel with a point.

It seemed to be a simple knife that draws out when used. Not much special, but lethal when used right.

I don't understand exactly Shiki's powers when using his knife. He might not feel resistance when cutting through things, but even then it's a formidable power.