Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redwall in the Clouds!? Not quite. - Lyco's Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Can you hear that? Is the millions and million of perverts fans wanting to kill you.
    *snip*
    Some people like Skyla, but I don't really like her - mainly because she nearly killed a few of my team here. :V
    Some people don't like Winona, but I like her. Not as much as Sabrina/Natsume and/or Roxie/Homika, though. XP
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 8th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Twenty-Two - Pitiable Pet Rock; Getting Surf

Pitiable Pet Rock; Getting Surf

Before I head on over to Twist Mountain to challenge, or at least be challenged by, Rival #2 for a 6th time, I head on over to the house just north of the Pokemon Center and talk to the youngster to get the TM for Aerial Ace, which is very nice TM to have.

I thought about the Reminder Girl and using one of my three Rare Candies to evolve Dandin the Bronzor, but decide against doing either.

Now I know Cheren’s Pokemon are around levels 53-55, so on that end I should be good.
    I also know that his newest Pokemon is a Houndoom, and that this battle will be a rotation battle.

With Hail active outside around here due to Winter weather, Nyctea will definitely be helpful.

So I got over to the stairs of Twist Mountain only to be confronted by Cheren, who once more wants to see which one of us is stronger after getting a Gym Badge.

He starts things off with his Staraptor, Gigalith, and Alakazam, which are all formidable in their own right.
    Now I could have gone to the Reminder Girl and given Nyctea Blizzard, but I didn’t. XP

Nyctea starts the show with an Ice Beam straight at the Staraptor, which ends up being a OHKO - most likely from STAB, NeverMeltIce, and Hail.

He sends out his Houndoom, which has Intimidate, but really that doesn’t bother Nyctea or me.

I rotate over to Wingfold and have her use Dig. Cheren switches over to his Gigalith after his Houndoom misses a Flamethrower.
    Her Dig hits the Gigalith for considerable damage, and Wingfold dodges a Stone Edge - a rather scary move despite its low accuracy. The Hail brings the pet rock monster to the red.

That being the case Cheren switches over to his Alakazam; it hits Wingfold with a Psychic, but it doesn’t do enough to knock her out. Wingfold X-Scissors the Alakazam also for considerable damage.

Hail sends Wingfold into the red so I switch her out for Deyna, while Cheren switches over to his Gigalith - another miss with Stone Edge.

But with that Alakazam around I switch Deyna back out for Gingivere, who cancels out the spoon-wielding, vulpine-goat-brainiac monster’s Psychic.

A Dark Pulse finishes it off, leaving Cheren with 4 Pokemon left; he sends out his Simipour.
    Gingivere is hit by a Flamethrower from the Houndoom and uses Thunder Fang in kind.
    Both battling Pokemon are hit by Hail and are around the same health.

Cheren decides that he doesn’t like his pet rock, sending out his ambiguously French grass snake-dragon.
    Not only does he not like his pet rock, he also doesn’t like his dog. I kind of feel sorry for them.
    Only his Simipour and Serperior remain.

One Petal Dance to the water monkey and all Cheren has left is his Serperior.
    Gingivere grows to level 57.
    Petal Dance goes for another turn, in which Serperior uses Leaf Blade for very little damage. Though, in turn, Croikle’s Petal Dance doesn’t do much either.

And apparently I made a poor decision by using Croikle because a third round goes on and my giant symbiotic toad companion is hit by a Dragon Pulse…for little damage.
    Petal Dance again for little damage.
    Yeah…

Finally Croikle winds up confused, allowing me to switch to Nyctea.
    She gets hit by a Leaf Blade, which does a bit more damage than I expected.
    An Ice Beam later, however, and the grass snake is KO’d.

We’ve won with that - with Gingivere haven taken some worrying damage, but Cheren is still wondering what being “truly strong” means.

Not even seconds after, Alder shows up on top of the ledge into Twist Mountain and leaps off! Seriously Alder you are crazy awesome but you need to consider your health and the health of those that you might startle into heart-attacks. :V

Cheren is bothered that Alder compliments us both on our battle. Sore loser is a thing, Cheren.
    Alder shares similar sentiments and comments on Cheren’s attitude, repeating the question he asked him on Route 5: what does Cheren plan to do with power?

Cheren responds with a line born of an existential crisis: that he’ll know he’s really living if he becomes Champion.

Apparently Cheren’s attitude and/or struggle remind Alder of his apprentice, and Elite Four member, Marshal.
    That’s rather interesting from what I know of the Fighting-type user.

Alder makes sure to end the conversation with letting Cheren know that the important thing isn’t just having power, but what you do with it when you have it.

Then he gives us both the HM for Surf! Thank you awesome Champion - I promise to not imitate Barry and his fan-boying Crasher Wake.
    Alder reiterates the importance of taking care of our Pokemon and walks off like a John Wayne role.

Cheren leaves with the declaration that he will definitely win in our next battle and walks up the steps to Twist Mountain.

So after all that, I’m left to make a few choices now that I have Surf! I could:
    -A. Go to Route 1 and Surf on to Routes 17, 18, and the P2 Lab.
    -B. Go to Mistralton Cave - where I could hopefully get another Dragon-type.
    -C. Go ahead and go through Twist Mountain.
    I can do those out of order and at my leisure; I more than likely will leave out the minor spots.

[edit] Nevermind on the voting thing. ^^;

Note: Might be obvious, but: my team remains about the same so no update there. XP
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 1st, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Twenty-Three - Surfing Surfing Surfing

Surfing Surfing Surfing
    I decided to go around the different places, excluding Route 1+, Mistralton Cave, and Twist Mountain, for items that I had missed.

I temporarily taught Nyctea Flash to get through Wellspring’s basement. I wish I had gotten Repels before going through it, though. XP

Nothing really noteworthy about Wellspring basement’s trainers’ rosters - besides the odd Kingler - had, but I did encounter a wild Steelix. I wish I could do that in my actual White 2 version. ^^;

Noteworthy Items I got: TM47 Low Sweep and TM52 Focus Blast in Wellspring Cave’s basement, TM77 Psych Up on Route 3, TM84 Poison Jab on Route 6, another Mystic Water, Silk Scarf, Silver Powder, and Water Stones surfing to a lighthouse in Driftveil.

On the newly accessible area of Route 3, I encountered Breeder Galen who had a level 50 Serperior, Emboar, and - you and I guessed it - Samurott. I’d say he has a good thing going for him. Not only that but he gives me a Lum Berry, sweet!

The item just a few steps north of him is TM75 Sword Dance, quite nice.
    And a hidden item just a few steps south of him is a Rare Candy. All sorts of goodies.~

But now it is time for me to move on, and I chose Route 1 first.
    The first trainer on the Route is Ranger Brenda, who has a Vaporeon~<3 (Sedna~) and an Absol.
    She gives me a Persim Berry.

The Fisherman after her had no noteworthy Pokemon; after him was Ranger Claude, with a Drifblim and Lickitung - who also gives me a Persim Berry.

May grows to level 56 and I let her learn Sunny Day in place of Fire Punch - she already has Heat Wave and Flame Burst, and Sunny Day can help Croikle, too.

That’s it for Route 1.
    Now on to Route 17.~

I can catch a new Pokemon here, though 17 is all water. I’m hoping for a Mantyke instead of a Corsola, though. XP

On a spot of shallow water, I find TM06 Toxic!
    South of that, there’s a Fisherman with a suicidal Basculin that knew Final Gambit, nearly KO’ing Croikle! ;A;
    He also had a Gyarados and a Qwilfish.

There wasn’t really anything else of note so far on Route 17 besides Swimmer Wright who had a Feraligatr. I found a Deep Sea Tooth near him.

With just a short swim - and still not encounter - I make it to the island of Route 18 and battle a Hiker who has a Golem, Ursaring, and Slaking - no trouble there.

Notably the Backpacker next to the small shack had an Infernape.
    I temporarily teach Wingfold Strength.
    Down the stairs west of her and through a long stretch of grass I find HM05 Waterfall!

The Backpacker down the path to the “center” of the island has a Sceptile~<3.
    If it isn't already obvious, my favorite Starter is Treecko. Just so you all know.

He also had an Armaldo and Seviper - pretty neat choices from Hoenn, I’d say.
    There’s a hidden Calcium in the rock to the left of him and a Dragon Scale above that.

I battle a Veteran who has an Empoleon (I think Saber would have one, plus a Kingdra) to the far north of the island, just after climbing stairs.

But before moving on to the rest of Route 17 and the P2 Lab, I decide it’s time to catch my Pokemon for Route 18 - which turns out to be a Kangaskhan!?
    And I actually manage to catch her, too!

I already know what I *must* name her: Constance. :3
    She’s sent to the PC.

I try to make a catch on Route 17, but Wingfold KO’s the Corsola before I can catch it.
    Oh well, I wasn’t really wanting a Corsola anyway, so maybe that’s for the best.

Before going to the P2 Lab, I want to finish up with the trainers on Route 17 and 18, so I take the currents winding and weaving through the water and battle them.

The next Swimmer has a Lapras, which is a rather pleasantly rare sight.
    I find Heart Scales littered among the rocks past her- sweet!~

The second to last trainer on the grouping of Routes 17 and 18 and the P2 Lab is a Battle Girl with a Detect-happy Hitmonchan and an Electivire~<3.
    North of her in the double grass I find TM78 Swagger.

Inside the Lab itself there’s a Dubious Disc lying around, but nothing else.
    Outside in the grass, however, if a Scientist in a patch of grass - another encounter for me plus a battle!~
    The Scientist has a Porygon, a Porygon2, and a - of course - Porygon-Z. Well at least he has good taste in Pokemon…kind of. For the record, I do like Porygon and its evolutions. XP

Just a few steps to the southwest of him, I find TM24 Thunderbolt! This is quite awesome, just to let you all know.

And finally my encounter for P2 Lab is - after running around a bit for the Repel to wear off - a…Porygon.
    Well that really can’t be all that unexpected, now can it? Not too bad of an encounter either.
    It takes me quite a few Pokeballs to finally catch it, which I should have expected. XP

I already have a name in mind for it, too (I’ve been making sure to read over possible names so it doesn’t take me forever to decide on this part XP ): Trefoil.

Now that I have P2 Lab complete, the only thing left to do in this area is get the egg in the shack…but I won’t be getting it at the moment. might come back for it…maybe. XP

I fly us all back on over to Mistralton City.

Now let’s see what stats Constance and Trefoil have.
    Constance has Hasty, lowering Defense to raise Speed - not bad at all. Scrappy is especially awesome.

Download apparently is Porygon’s most common Ability for Blaze Black and Volt White, not too bad. Trefoil’s Nature is Relaxed, meaning her (yes, I’m referring “it” to as a “her” - Trefoil was female after all) Speed is lowered and her Defense is raised, not all that bad.

I box Croikle temporarily so I can evolve Trefoil all the way!

Her stats after those two evolutions.~
    I return her to Benched and retrieve Croikle.

And that’s it for now! Next time I aim for Mistralton Cave and might face off against Virizion and Cobalion! Either that or move on to Twist Mountain after Mistralton Cave, at least.

CURRENT PARTY! - End Part XXIII

Extra Commentary: Gilgamesh would have a Shiny Rhyperior. I just know it - Rhyhorn and Rhydon are the original Pokemon after all.
    Saber would have an Empoleon and/or Kingdra. Especially Kingdra because Sniper HY-PER BEAM-! XP

Canaan would have a Luxray. Because X-ray vision and cats and awesomeness and all that jazz. Maybe.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 2nd, 2013 at 09:00 AM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Twenty-Four - Rockbottom, Fanged Antelope, 30 Dusk Ball Gambit

Rockbottom, Fanged Antelope, 30 Dusk Ball Gambit

Starting from where I left off last time - which was in Mistralton City’s Pokemon Center - I use a Max Repel and go through Chargestone Cave to get to Route 6 once more.

Once there, I have Deyna Surf over to the entrance of Mistralton Cave.

I remember that I need to reteach Nyctea Flash. Is interchanging Protect and Flash weird?
    I think it might be at least a little odd. XP

Once inside I have her use Flash right away.
    With the Max Repel still active, I go ahead to the boulder down south and have Wingfold use her Strength to move it out over to the hole.

During that, the Max Repel wears off so I use another one. I wonder if they make these with some kind of assistance from Grimer, Muk, Stunky, and Skuntank?

There’s a hidden Elixir in the second rock to the right.

Down a short flight - why this word is used in this way I have no clue but I don’t like it - of stairs, there’s a Hiker apparently obsessed with money, meals, and Pokemon. As an afterthought, he also includes fun battles - great.
    It doesn’t help that his name is Hugh.
    He starts things off with a Mamoswine, the freaky hybrid between a boar and a mammoth that only has a nose and no mouth to speak of (ha!).

I am definitely not going to keep Wingfold out to battle this thing.
    …and it uses Double Hit. DOUBLE HIT. What the heck?
    Deyna KO’s it with Surf the next turn with no problem.

His next Pokemon is a Klinklang, so I let May have fun with it for the little time it takes her to knock it out with Heat Wave.

Ooo, his last Pokemon is an Aggron, not bad - yes, I have Cregga but at the moment I want to focus on the Pokemon I have on my team. Once they’re at a certain level I will more than likely try to train up some of my Benched Pokemon.

I let Wingfold take care of the Aggron. Though it has high Defense, I trust that Wingfold to knock it out.
    She does - with a Dig and a Night Slash; freaking Sturdy. XP

Just to the right of him there’s another boulder that Wingfold moves out of the way.

Up some steps leading to the north, I find another Hiker - the final trainer in this Cave.
    He has a Bastiodon and a Marowak.

Hidden in the rock behind him there’s a Hyper Potion - sweet!
    Down the stairs just a few steps north and east of him, I find the TM for Rock Polish.
    Cheren could probably use this for his Gigalith.
    Too bad he treats his pet rock the worst out of all his Pokemon. :V

To the west of him Wingfold pushes the boulder that allows us to return to right next to the exit, and on the ridge above that there’s another Hyper Potion, though not hidden this time.

And on south of that, we reach the stairs leading to the second floor of Mistralton Cave!

Practically right when I get there I find an Ultra Ball to the south before needing to have Wingfold use Strength on another boulder.
    Wingfold so good stronk. :B

On a little detour, without going up the steps, there’s another hidden Hyper Potion. Wow, I have to wonder who puts these lying around, maybe Bianca? It would make sense if she were the one to do it.
    She’s proven to be pretty wealthy in the past, if I remember correctly.

Not even a few steps past the stairs and the Max Repel wears off.
    I use another one so that I can wait for an encounter on the third floor.

Going the southern branch from that path, I find a Hard Stone in a Pokeball, rather than hidden in a rock, same thing with an Iron not too far from that, either.
    What a twist, right? =P

I take the far northern path and find the TM for Rock Slide! Below that ridge is a hidden PP Up. Pushing the final boulder in the room, I take the stairs to the 3rd floor - the repel wearing off just in time.

So now it’s time for me to encounter my teammate from Mistralton Cave!~
    Though it does say “Guidance Chamber” for the third floor, I’m taking this “dungeon” as just Mistralton Cave. If I am able to encounter Cobalion I have to kill it - meaning I lose my catchable encounter. I won’t do that.

And my encounter is a Shelgon. I was kind of wanting one, either this or a Fraxure, so this is rather neat!
    Now I have to see about actually catching it.

A single Night Slash and one Ultra Ball (I was rather surprised about this, I was expecting to have to use up almost all relevant Pokeballs to catch a Shelgon) and he’s caught!

Now what the heck do I nickname a Shelgon?
    I mean, I can think of a few things: a male snake name or that one dragon-plesiosaur whose name I forget besides sounding like the name of an Eldritch Abomination Slothunog. And there’s also Rockbottom after the tortoise.
    Note: I had to go look up the name. XP

I decide to go with Rockbottom because the other names didn’t seem to quite suit him.

Now it is time for me to move on to the rest of the third floor…or not, because this person wants me to listen to his story.

He tells me the old, old story of a fire started by human war that endangered Pokemon. Then the legendary Muskateer Trio appeared to save the day, using their own specialties to clear a safe path for Pokemon, protect them from the stray tongues of flame, and guide them to safer lands.

Then they went to kick the asses of the humans responsible for destroying the homes of the innocent Pokemon. He goes on about how the trio disappeared and faded into being only myths.
    But-! He also knows, after years of searching, where they would appear. But they don’t trust people and bear their fangs at those who get close.

Wait did I read that correctly? (I wish I had gotten the screencap.) Bear their fangs.
    Fangs - on a trio based off of, not only the Three Muskateers, but also a goat, an ox (or bull), and a deer. I mean I could believe it if that were actually true, but it isn’t.
    Old man, please stop.

And he does, thankfully. Now on to actually exploring! XP

What do you know I found a Rare Candy and see Cobalion just standing around.
    There’s also a hidden Carbos right behind it in the rock.

Back to the far right path I find a hidden Ultra Ball before getting the Protector! Too bad I don’t have a Rhyhorn or Rhydon. =P

The item that I didn’t notice was in the south is spending money a Revive. Eeyup.

Now the question I’m asking myself is: should I really battle Cobalion without knowing what level he could be at?
    The answer I’m going with is “sure why not?” and hoping that it doesn’t murder my whole team.

Now here’s the rule for Legendaries - bar Reshiram/Zekrom to advance PLOT - Objective: KILL WITH PREJUDICE. Reward: squat.
    Note: unless, of course, the area is new and you’ve never visited it before or can make any other encounters. At least that might be what I do with Virizion.

The pleasant surprise is that Cobalion is “only” at level 56. But that also means that it only at level 56.
    I could be in over my head.

Wingfold is on the receiving end of Sacred Sword, but takes the hit quite well before Digging. While she’s about to ambush him cartwheel spider style (yes this is a real type of spider), Cobalion tries Iron Head and has nothing to target but thin air.

Good job, Cobalion! That thin air was no match for your prowess.
    …oh wait taunting and bragging is a bad thing to do during a Nuzlocke because KARMA. KARMA generally means DEATH. Crap. ;A;

Wingfold does over half damage to the apparently fanged Legendary. Yay!
    But she’s low on health so time to heal her.

Cobalion takes the opportunity to use Sacred Sword again...and again. It doesn’t do much.
    Wingfold Digs once more; Cobalion kills some more thin air with…okay so he doesn’t use an attacking move. Instead this time he opts for Swords Dance.

Wingfold, who grows to level 59, and I killed our first Legendary! Yay-
    Wait, what? Suddenly Cobalion is Spider-Antelope. (That doesn’t have as nice a ring to it as Spider-Man or Spider-Pig.)
    Darn. Sorry Wingfold looks like we’ll have to return and kill it again.

The old man from before basically tells me that I get the chance to kill Terrakion and possibly catch Virizion. That’s quite awesome.
    He leaves after that, making sure to let me know that the paths to reach the other two are more than likely open now. He may or may not show up again when I encounter the other two.

I’ve done everything I can do and want to do in Mistralton Cave, now, so I have Wingfold Dig us a hole back to Route 6 before having her Fly us all over to: first Driftveil City to heal up and buy some Dusk Balls and then Nacrene City.

But before I go on my way to Virizion, let’s check out Rockbottom’s stats and moves.
    …oh wow, Adamant Nature. That is very, very, very lucky, considering Salamence is a veritable monster as a pure physical attacker.
    Thank you, Arceus.

Back on track, I make my way on over to Pinwheel Forest - making sure to have Deyna use the Challenge Rock and get a Star Piece.

And here I am front of the transition to Virizion’s clearing.

Now here’s the thing: unlike Cobalion where I was on the third floor of Mistralton Cave - despite having the name of “Guidance Chamber” - if this clearing is a different name than “Pinwheel Forest” (and I’m pretty sure it is) I can actually catch her.
    If not, then I must kill her. Simple enough, I think.

I make sure to switch to Croikle; if anything, he can use Venoshock and do enough with one hit form that to get Virizion to below half health. She is Grass/Fighting-type so it isn’t super effective or resisted.

And yes, it’s an entirely new area!~ Virizion gives a battle cry and the battle begins!

As you can see, she’s the same level Cobalion was.
    To start things off, since I know Virizion is obviously faster than Croikle, she uses Quick Guard. I think that either reduces damage from or prevents multi-targeting moves.

Croikle’s Venoshock does just a little over half health.

Next turn, Virizion uses Swords Dance, while I have Croikle use his Hidden Power Fighting. It doesn’t do much to Virizion, but what it does do is helpful.

Amazing! Now for the spamming of the balls of dusk! //starfirevoice
    I bought 36, so let’s see how long and how many it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop catch her.
    XP

Nearly caught her on the 3rd Dusk Ball; Virizion uses Giga Drain for little damage a few times, but mainly Quick Guard.
    On the 8th Dusk Ball, she uses Sacred Sword for decent damage. I’ll watch carefully for those. After a second one, I heal Croikle up.

I get another near-catch on the 11th Dusk Ball; I risk having Croikle use Hidden Power again. A third near-catch is on the 16th Dusk Ball; it seems to happen every 5th one or so.

I test how an Ultra Ball might do compared to the 16 Dusk Balls so far. SCIENCE!
    …but it’s a big N.O.

I really hope I don’t bring her to the point of using Struggle and doing a suicide.
    I get yet another near-catch on the 18th or 19th one (losing track now XP ).

A turn or two after that, she uses Sacred Sword on Croikle again and does rather massive damage; then again, Virizion has been using Swords Dance to max out attack, so yeah. XP

I go ahead and heal Croikle up; while I don’t want to waste or use up all my Hyper Potions, I also don’t want Croikle to die or kill Virizion. ^^;
    The very next turn she uses Sacred Sword again…

I decide it is time to switch out for a different Pokemon, Nyctea in this case.
    16 Dusk Balls still remain. So that’s 20 uses and quite a few near-catches, which isn’t too bad.

After Virizion uses Giga Drain on Nyctea, I respond by letting Nyctea Headbutt and bring the Legendary’s health into the red.
    This could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing.
    Maybe I shouldn’t have boasted about Wingfold beating Cobalion? ;~;

…another near-catch on the 23rd, 26th, and 27th Dusk Balls. We’re getting closer…

Finally, after 34 minutes of this battle, I manage to catch Virizion!
    I already know what I’m going to name her, too: Triss.

Ugh.
    Just…ugh. That took what seemed like an eternity to do.
    Thankfully she didn’t get to the point of Struggle, let alone getting caught.

After that advent, I have Wingfold Fly us all back to Mistralton City to heal up and check out Triss’ stats. I already know what moves she has: Quick Guard, Swords Dance, Giga Drain, and Sacred Sword.

…it reads “Good Endurance”, but her Defense is lowered. At least the Mild Nature (from what I can see but I’m partially color-blind) raises her Sp. Attack, too.
    Really, they are only raised and lowered by 10%, so I shouldn’t worry about it, but it could spell trouble for later on…if I actually use her, at least.
    I might.

And I’m done for now with this update. Originally I planned to cover the Cave and Twist Mountain, but I think this is should be enough. XP

Next time, I will actually go to Twist Mountain.
    I’ll probably decide if I should switch out any Pokemon for a different one or two, too. XP

CURRENT PARTY! End Part XXIV

Posting really, really long update quickly before lunch.
    Dear Arceus the time it took for that one Pokemon...
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 25 - Twisting Icirrus

Twisting Icirrus

Well it has been a while since I’ve updated - which was mostly intentional. I didn’t move ahead while not updating, so you don’t get to miss out on possible deaths or near-deaths, as you all probably like. XP

At the very least, thankfully it is not hailing as I start things back up.

So the first thing before actually getting into the mountain itself is battling this Hiker - who somehow knows that I am afraid of heights *and* that I don’t like the cold at all. Dude why are you a Hiker with that sort of Psychic ability? :/

He starts things off with a Magcargo at level 45, which is rather underwhelming given that my team members are all at least level 58.
    The actually note-worthy member of his team is a Swampert.
    From that little Petal Dance, Croikle grows to level 59.

Just a few steps inside Twist Mt., I am met by Rival #2 and Clay; apparently the Gym Leaders met to discuss Team Plasma, but after the incident at Driftveil, there hasn’t been a word about the villainous team.
    And for some reason Clay refers to the two of us as “sprouts”. I’m not sure whether to be offended or annoyed, but at least he tells us to enjoy the mountain and spend time with our Pokemon.

And my wild encounter for Twist Mountain is a female Graveler at level 47.
    Not really what I wanted but I haven’t ever actually used one before - mainly because I couldn’t trade to evolve one into Golem. XP
    …but apparently the world hates me and May’s Aura Sphere is an OHKO. The one time a Graveler doesn’t have Sturdy. Welp, not encounter here more me.

I wander around the center part of Twist Mountain looking for battles, but at first only find workers commenting on the weather and items.
    So I go around the interior and battle trainers there. If there are ones with anything interesting or something happens, I’ll comment on that.

About the most interesting things that happen are: Doctor Hank’s Mr. Mime wants to Roleplay as Gingivere, Ace Trainer Carrol having a Typhlosion, and finding TM90 Substitute.

More than likely there are a handful of trainers I missed because of the season being winter, but I can always come back to battle them.

Apparently on the way out, though, Cheren caught a Plasma grunt and trounced the terrible templar. After a little dialogue, another grunt pops up and tells his comrade to head to “the tower” and that the power they were looking for would soon be complete for Lord N.
    …joy.

Cheren wants to stick around Twist Mountain for a little while longer, so I oblige him and exit the mountain and finally get to Icirrus City!

Only to be met by Nigel Thornberry Cedric Juniper who checks my Pokemon, and then asks me if I have heard of Dragonspiral Tower. Obviously I haven’t.
    He gives me a little history lesson on the tower at that prompting.

The most interesting thing from what he says is about his daughter being fascinated with the tower since a young age - a sense of adventure for the unknown.
    But apparently he also wants to investigate, so off he goes.

But before going into town proper, I go inside the house that’s accessible only because of the season, where a former Team Rocket Grunt of all things has set up a home. His wife kindly gives me a Rage Candy Bar.

Besides that, there are a handful of other oddly assorted items lying around in the snow.
    Some people have been littering, shame on them but more for me.~

Inside the Pokemon Center, I receive TM31 Brick Break from an older lady who was once a Battle Girl. While there, of course, I heal up my team.

You know what, I think I’ll go ahead and take on the Icirrus Gym trainers. As always, Clyde gives me a Fresh Water, what a nice guy.
    I move Croikle and Wingfold to the back of my party, but keep them around.

The first gym trainer is Black Belt Grant, who has a Swinub, Piloswine, and Mamoswine. All three together on the same team is interesting to see; I guess this guy really likes them.
    With a little bit of effort, Deyna KO’s all three with Surf.

Next was a Battle Girl with a team of five, but Gingivere only had trouble with her Cloyster and Slowbro because of their defenses.

The next Black Belt had a Weavile whose Dark Pulse was incredibly annoying.

After battling the next Battle Girl, May grows to level 62 and could have learned Magma Storm - which I decide against. 75 accuracy is too low for my tastes and she’s doing just fine with Heat Wave.

The final gym trainer has about the most interesting Pokemon on his team so far: a Glaceon. While adorable, awesome, and neat, since it isn’t mine it has to go bye-bye.

Note: most annoying thing about the whole Gym was Jynx having Perish Song.

And that’s that for the gym trainers of Icirrus City!
    Next time I battle the movie star and Ice-specialist Gym Leader: Brycen.
    Stay tuned!~

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXV
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 8th, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 26 - Brycen the End?

Brycen the End?

Here we am, after a bit of training, and I am finally about to battle Brycen.

I’m making a note here: I am absolutely uncertain if I can actually defeat him.
    He has all Ice-types and none of them have Water-type as a secondary one, but his Froslass has Thunderbolt and his Beartic has Waterfall - which are problem attacks.

Brycen is very straight-forward and doesn’t speak very much at all before the battle, which happens almost just as quickly. Notably, this is a double battle.
    To start things off, he sends out his Abomasnow and Glaceon.

I have May and Gingivere as my leads for this battle; Glaceon - I believe - uses Earth Power on Gingivere, but he holds on very well.
    May gets second strike and her Heat Wave, which KO’s Abomasnow.
    Gingivere, with his newly learned Fire Fang, finishes off the Glaceon.

Brycen responds to a double knock out by sending out his Beartic and Vanilluxe.
    Now, rather than just a pure Ice-type as in the normal games, Beartic is an Ice/Fighting type in this, so Gingivere is in a decent amount of danger.

With that in mind, I switch him out for Deyna.
    May unleashes Heat Wave on both, faster than I thought she’d be, and it does a lot of damage and burns them both. I’m content with that, though wary of Beartic’s Waterfall…

Brycen responds with having his Vanilluxe use Automize to speed up, and has his Beartic use Close Combat - instead of on Gingivere as it probably intended, it hits Deyna for little damage.

Vanilluxe is KO’d by its burn, and Brycen sends out his Froslass.
    I know for a fact that it has Thunderbolt, but I am risking it and keeping Deyna in, at least for this turn. I heal him and have May use Heat Wave again.

Oddly enough, Brycen has his Froslass use Shadow Ball instead of Thunderbolt.
    May’s Heat Wave KO’s the Beartic.

Brycen’s final Pokemon is a Cryogonal.
    I definitely switch Deyna out now for Nyctea, and have May use Flame Burst on his Froslass for a KO. May takes a few hits but isn’t knocked out.

I heal May up on Nyctea’s turn and have my Magmortar use Heat Wave…but the Cryogonal uses Protect to negate the attack anyway.

One last Heat Wave and May defeats the possessed snowflake and defeated Brycen!
    He also gives me TM13 Ice Beam - which I don’t really need since Nyctea already has it, but it could very well be useful on one of my other team members.

That’s not all for this episode, because as I leave to exit, Rival #2 and Bianca are outside waiting for me.
    Apparently Cheren wants to know if, since the start of this journey, he has changed. If this were a yes or no question, I’d probably answer “yes”. He’s gotten less know-it-all, at least. XP

Unlike Cheren, Bianc is very cheerful about her journey and optimistic about finding what she wants to do.

But Brycen shows up and has incredibly sharp senses to detect the Shadow Triad lying in wait. Arceus bless you, Brycen, you just likely prevented a kidnapping.
    …or not; they have a message for me from Ghetsis: N is waiting for me at Dragonspiral Tower. Just as quickly as they appear, they leave.

Cheren and Brycen head off to the Tower themselves, and Bianca is left lost in thought.

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXVI
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 27 - Loitering Plasma and the Light Stone

Loitering Plasma and the Light Stone

Bianca follows me northward to the entrance of the “true” Dragonspiral Tower, where we meet up with Nigel Thornberry Cedric Juniper, who introduces himself to Bianca.
    The senior Professor is correct; chatting needs to be left for later when the Tower isn’t being ransacked by Team Plasma. Bianca, feeling unconfident, proposes to be his bodyguard and Cedric gives me an Old Gateau - an item that heals status conditions, I believe.

But before I head on inside the Tower, there are two Ace Trainers that I can reach by Deyna’s Surf.
    The first one, Jesse, doesn’t have any noteworthy Pokemon, besides maybe a Detect-happy Hitmonchan, until he sends out his Machamp. It seems like he’s just copying Elite Four member Bruno.

North of him, before the second Ace Trainer, I find the TM for Embargo. I probably won’t use it, but it’s nice to have just in case.
    Ace Trainer Jamie’s star Pokemon are a pair of Gengar, the first at level 58 and the second at level 60.

Those two battles completed, I step into the tower and make my way towards the stairs - only to be drawn out of my thoughts by a rumbling shake. What is going on at the top of the Tower?
    Was that the sounds and rumble of Rival #2 finally blowing a gasket? The best way to find answers to these questions is to go there for myself.
    But as I go to the second floor, Cheren hasn’t even made it to the top of the Tower, so no worries on that last thought. XP

Hopping around on the third floor, I find the TM for Psychic! This is entirely amazing and sweeet.~ Now who can I teach it to, if anyone on my main team…
    Apparently Nyctea *and* May can learn it, which is very, very nice. I know who I’m teach it to: Nyctea.

The fourth floor is apparently where the party started; even as I walk through the door I can see Cheren and Brycen battling a gang of Team Plasma Grunts. Brycen tells me to move on ahead while the two of them hold off the bulk of the grunts.
    Thank you dangerous Gym Leader, I leave it to you, then.

That doesn’t mean that I’m scot-free of battling any grunts, however, but most of them don’t have anything that really causes me trouble anyway.

Two different grunts had a Bisharp and an Eelektross respectively, and before the stairs to the fifth floor I find the Dragon Fang.
    The fifth floor itself is a circular, simple puzzle of sorts with a few sellable items to pick up.

Only a few steps forward on the sixth floor and another rumble shakes the Tower, followed by a Pokemon’s roar and a shout.
    More Plasma grunts loiter around this floor, and the Sage that is with them orders them to surround me! Seriously, dood, this is not cool at all.
    Only one Pokemon really stands out: a Dusknoir.

With those four taken down I can finally make it to the top floor…where the music has taken an extremely ominous tone.

The ominous music is extremely fitting, because N has the Legendary Zekrom itself.

N asks me what I think…my answer, if I were able to speak and N did not continue talking, would be: I think I am rather terrified of the freaking huge black lightning dragon you now have at your beck and call. Seriously, N, your newest friend is terrifying to a Nuzlocke runner like me.

N reveals his goal to use Zekrom to defeat Alder and declare an addendum: free your Pokemon or face his - and by proxy Zekrom’s - wrath.
    But that isn’t his only goal: he wants to see if the second Legendary dragon of Unova will recognize me as the “rival hero” (I think that’s correct) so that we can battle.
    Okaaay…sure, let’s go with that.

Brycen and Rival #2 show up, and Cheren is at a loss, not understanding how N can be the hero and have gained the friendship and alliance of the Legendary Zekrom.
    I feel sorry for the people who don’t know about Reshiram, I really do.

I’m dragged along with both of them back to the entrance of the Tower to meet with Bianca and Cedric Juniper.
    Yes, Bianca, there is more than one Legendary Dragon-type Pokemon, even more than two or three, in fact. Don’t worry about it.

Alder shows up and tells me to follow him to Relic Castle in search of the Light Stone!
    Before I do that, though, I heal up at Icirrus’ Pokemon Center, then fly on over to Nimbasa City and stock up on items.

South on Route 4 and then over to the Desert Resort, I quickly arrive at the entrance to the Relic Castle. Cheren isn’t far behind, though he had trouble with the desert itself, and lets me know that Alder went on ahead.

And down the stairs that we were barred from using before, I encounter another one of the Seven Sages, Ryoku. Apparently Ghetsis wants to test me some more…yeah, right, like I actually believe that. :/
    But this means that there are going to be quite a few grunts wandering around the castle, just like they did The Tower. It’s kind of sad, really.

On the plus side, I find the TM for Flamethrower following the very first grunt battle. I replace May’s Flame Burst with it then and there.
    Just after that, I battle a grunt who has a Crobat.

Just after a third grunt, I find the TM for Shadow Ball-! Just like getting Psychic and Flamethrower, this is a very, very good thing.~
    Right away, I teach it to Nyctea.

The other grunts don’t really have anything noteworthy, besides this lady’s Tentacruel.

Just after that battle, Cheren and I reach the final floor of Relic Castle, and are met with the sight of Alder and Ghetsis confronting each other...or not.
    Alder calls us to his side, and Ghetsis begins another one of his grandiose, superfluous speeches, but not before telling us that the Light Stone isn’t here.

He leaves after telling Alder that he has already, essentially, been defeated by N. “Out of kindness” he’s telling the Champion that. Riiight. When you follow that statement up with a comment about your sadism, Ghetsis, you’re not fooling anyone.

He leaves, thank Arceus, and the three of us go outside for…clearer air. Um, Alder, there’s a sandstorm outside, just in case you didn’t realize that: the air isn’t anywhere close to clear.

Outside, my Xtransceiver begins ringing…YES, MOM, I STILL HAVE CLEAN SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR; GOOD ARCEUS, WOMAN, I’m trying to prevent evil here! :V
    …oh. Oooh.
    Um hi, Professor, could you forget anything about the socks and underwear, please? Thanks.
    And, yes, yes I will head on over to Nacrene’s Museum right away.

Alder heard Juniper’s words, so he flies off. Rival #2 decides to stay behind; I follow Alder.

The gang’s all there waiting for me, followed quickly by Lenora arriving with a stone that was found at the Relic Castle.
    Bianca asks a very good question, but considering N apparently got Zekrom from the Dark Stone, I decide that it’s best to not question these things.

Alder asks an even better question just before Lenora is about to hand me the Stone.
    The answer I have to give is actually “yes”: if you can’t do it, Alder, I sure as Distortion World will try.

With that, I receive the Light Stone! But…no one has a clue as to how to awaken Reshiram from the Stone. Until Lenora and Alder prompt me to go see Drayden and Iris, the Dragon-type Gym Leaders of Opelucid City!

Alder flies off again, the father and daughter professor duo are headed back to Nuvema Town, and Bianca gives me directions to Opelucid.
    All that dialogue and PLOT out of the way, I can finally and actually move forward. XP

But that is going to be happening in the next part, where I battle Bianca and make my way on over to Opelucid City!
    Stay tuned!~

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXVII

F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 28 - Bianca, Road to Opelucid

Two updates in one day? Yeah, that is what's happening. XP
    Bianca Last, Route 9

Before this part, I switched around the Lucky Eggs for more supportive held items for my whole team, just in case.

I make my way over to Tubline Bridge’s entrance, but Bianca is a few steps behind and tells me that she has a pretty good idea of what she wants to do with her life. One of those ideas being a Pokemon Professor, she wants to battle with me to learn more about Pokemon.

I oblige her, of course, and find myself in a triple battle.
    She starts things off with her Persian, Musharna, and Mienshao, while I have Nyctea, Deyna, and Gingivere.

I have Nyctea use Protect, Deyna use Sacred Sword on Persian, and Gingivere Night Slash the Musharna.

Nyctea Protects herself from Stone Edge. Night Slash is a critical hit and KO’s the Musharna.
    The Persian has a Berry that weakens the damage done to it, and holds on with a sliver of health.

Bianca sends out her Simisage.
    Which means my aim is to take it out, since it can be a danger for Deyna, so Nyctea uses Ice Beam while Gingivere uses Fire Fang…

Bianca uses a Full Restore to heal her Persian…and then sends both Nyctea and Gingivere into low health with a Stone Edge from the Mienshao and a Focus Blast from the Simisage.
    …this isn’t good at all. ;A;

At least Nyctea’s Ice Beam KO’s the Simisage and Deyna manages to KO the Persian? ;~;

Bianca sends out her Milotic and Emboar.
    I heal up Nyctea and Gingivere and have Deyna attack the Emboar with Razor Shell…

But Bianca’s Mienshao uses Stone Edge again, followed by Milotic using Ice Beam.
    Nyctea holds on!!! Yesssss, thank you.

Deyna’s Razor Shell OHKO’s the Emboar! Gingivere grows to level 67, too.

I heal up Nyctea the very next turn, while Deyna Razor Shells the Mienshao and Gingivere Thunder Fangs the Milotic.

For some strange reason, her Mienshao uses Poison Jab on Nyctea, successfully poisoning her, instead of Stone Edge, and her Milotic tries once more with Ice Beam…don’t know what’s up with that.

Deyna and Gingivere’s attacks don’t KO either target, though her Mienshao has a sliver of health left from the attack.

I repeat the same thing as last time, and Nyctea is hit by another Stone Edge, hanging on about as much as her Mienshao.
    …and this is where I see what she was up to; Clever girl, Bianca, clever girl.

Gingivere fells the Milotic and seconds later her Mienshao follows suit.
    I’m sorry Bianca, but I really hate that Mienshao of yours.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kx36gwl.png[IMG]

Bianca, you are awesome. You just lost, but you’re chipper and helpful about a good battle.
    Besides that, she gives me a Full Restore - so very nice. I can forgive her for nearly killing Nyctea, at least. ;~;

Before she leaves, she encourages me to do my very best to prevent Team Plasma’s plans.
    I most definitely will, Bianca, don’t you worry.

I go back to the Pokemon Center for a second to heal up before moving back on to Tubeline Bridge. It’s quite busy with traffic down below, but very few people are on this part.

That being said, a Battle Girl that is running around in circles for exercise gives me the TM for Stone Edge.

Right at the other end of the bridge I think I see Ghetsis, before I am accosted once more by the Shadow Triad. Ghetsis does his monologue thing again, too, after “congratulating” me on obtaining the Light Stone.
    Through the lies that he tells and the admittance to basically brain-washing N, he tells me something interesting. N definitely does not agree with that part of your plan, Ghetsis, and neither do I - though really I disagree with practically everything you do, so it’s not as meaningful. XP

He leaves after trying to use scare-tactics on me.

Before I can move on to the rest of Route 9, this guy pitches me the TM for Fling.
    I battle the trainers without much trouble, but I suppose Roughneck Chance gets special notice for having a Chansey.

Making sure I have Repels at the ready, I go into the grass of Route 9 to get a few items.

After I get all the items, I let the Repel wear off for my encounter on Route 9, which is a Minccino. Not too bad at all, honestly.
    I try throwing a Cherish Ball to start things off, and, surprisingly, I catch him right there.

I think I’ll go ahead and name him Urran, after Laterose’s father. XP
    Shopping Mall Nine can wait for later; I’ll go ahead and go to Opelucid.

But as soon as I arrive, there’s a gathering of people and Plasma banners set up; Alder asks me to follow him to see what’s going on.
    And of course, Ghetsis at it again with his speeches full of Tauros defecation, talking about “freeing Pokemon from the oppression of people and Pokeballs”.
    He and his cronies leave.

As I saw, Drayden and Iris were hanging around, so we go talk to them.
    Alder gets straight to the point about N’s desire to have Zekrom and Reshiram battle, alarming Iris and worry Drayden, before returning to the Pokemon League.

Drayden invites me to his house - Iris points me in the right direction and asks that I follow her.

But before I do that, I think it’s a good time to stop, so time for the Pokemon Center and checking out Urran’s stats.

Apparently he’s got a Sassy nature and the Technician ability. Eh, the nature could be better, but Technician isn’t all that bad.

Next time I head to Drayden’s house to hear the tale of the Legendary Dragons, go to Shopping Mall Nine, and possibly challenge Opelucid Gym’s trainers!

Stay tuned.~

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXVIII
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 10th, 2013 at 03:31 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 29 - Boring Mall, Bustling Gym; DRAYDEN

Lyco updating not once or twice, but three times in a day?
    Yeah, this might be considered madness. =P

Part 29 A
    Boring Mall, Bustling Gym

As when I left off, Iris is waiting to lead me to Drayden’s house, but honestly this is a bit insulting; there is a sign outside it that I could’ve read, too.
    I have nothing against Iris, but this isn’t Castelia City. ^^;

Rather quickly, in contrast to that, Drayden and Iris explain the legend of the Legendary Dragon-type Pokemon: Reshiram and Zekrom, how they were once one Pokemon, the arguing brothers - searching for ideals and truth, respectively - that prompted their split into two.
    I quite like the story behind them, just to let you all know; besides the stories beind the third “relative” Kyurem and unrelated Giratina, it is a favorite of mine.

After some discussion and commentary on the relationship between people and Pokemon, Drayden and Iris get back on track.
    Sadly, neither of them know how to awaken Reshiram from the Light Stone.

Drayden tells me to challenge him at the Gym for my final badge, the key to being allowed to go to the Pokemon League.
    That being said, I am free to go where I wish again, so I go back to Route 9 for the Mall.

Of course, this isn’t just a regular old mall like we have, but one where the Waitresses and Waiters - plus a Lady and a Rich Boy - battle you on the spot. I had better not be the one to pay the repair cost. A Worker on the top “floor” gives me a Thunderstone.

Noteworthy: the Rich Boy had an Arcanine, the Waiter had a Chandelure, and the Lady had a Snorlax other than that, nothing all that “exciting” or whatever.
    There’s really not much else here to explore, so I make my way on to the Opelucid Gym!

As before, Clyde gives me a Fresh Water on entry.
    Note: I’m just going to cover the “noteworthy” Pokemon on the gym trainers’ rosters.

The first battle for me here is Ace Trainer Webster, who has a total of five Pokemon on his team. He seems “unique”, but really he’s just copying Blaire and Lance’s team.
    That being said, note-worthy are his Aerodactyl and Dragonite. XP

There was this Charizard. Croikle fell in love with a Milotic. Nyctea continues to demolish anything that is pure Dragon-type; the one male Veteran had a Garchomp.
    He also had a Flygon that nearly killed Deyna with Dragon Pulse.
    An Ace Trainer somewhere along the line (ha!) had a Tyranitar.

The female Veteran had a Salamence, right before the final switch to get to Drayden.
    I am not suicidal enough to try facing Drayden until I have healed up, though. XP

Part 29 B
    Win or Lose, VS Drayden!
    Let me just tell you all that, while I love the puzzle for this gym both in the first two games and in the sequels, this puzzle is a pain to navigate through a second time.

Well, not only is Drayden the gym leader, but he’s also the mayor. “Spartan Mayor” makes that kind of obvious, though, so yeah. =P
    Apparently Iris has been showing him a brighter future; he wants to know if I can or will do the same. With those words, the battle starts!

It’s a Rotation battle, and, apparently, I’m at a higher level than I “needed” to be. Those few extra levels aren’t too many and hopefully aren’t too few, either.
    That being said, Drayden starts things off with his Druddigon, Charizard, and Flygon!
    I have Nyctea, Wingfold, and Deyna to start things off.

With his Charizard on the field, I anticipate him switching to it to target Nyctea. That in mind, I have Wingfold use Strength against it - getting a OHKO!
    In response to felling the Flame Pokemon, Drayden sends out his Salamence.

I have Nyctea go ahead and use Ice Beam on whatever is he puts in the lead, but even the Flygon’s Yache Berry couldn’t keep it from being knocked out! Nyctea grows to level 71.
    Drayden sends out his Kingdra - this is the most troublesome of his team.

Apparently Drayden and Cheren follow a similar school of thought, because the Spartan Mayor lines up his Salamence for an OHKO.

This prompts him to send out his final Pokemon and star of his team: Haxorus.
    I’m not sure if it prompted him from sacrificing his Druddigon or what.

I don’t know what the Kingdra can do, but I’m not about to sacrifice any of my team, so I have Nyctea use Protect. That was probably the smartest move I’ve made in this battle, because the Kingdra is packing Draco Meteor. ;A;

Nyctea tries an Ice Beam, and - lo and behold - Drayden switches to his Haxorus. It knocks out the saurian Pokemon in one hit! This leaves Drayden with only his Kingdra.
    That’s not necessarily a good or a bad thing, though…

I have Nyctea use Protect a second time - sure enough the seahorse dragon tries using Draco Meteor again. I switch her out for Deyna, who uses Sacred Sword and survives a Draco Meteor.
    A second Sacred Sword decides the match - we’ve won against the last Gym Leader!

Drayden rewards us with the Legend Badge and the TM for Dragon Tail!
    With a final word of something mixed between challenging and encouraging, Drayden tells me to go challenge Alder.

Just as I walk out of the Gym, however, Professor Juniper is waiting for me, and after a few words on defeating Drayden awakening Reshiram, she leads me over to Route 10’s entrance gatehouse.
    She has a question for me and I really can’t answer any other way besides “no”. I certainly don’t regret it. She’s pleased with that answer, and happy to have been the one to give Cheren, Bianca, and I Pokemon to go on this journey we’ve all made.

Not only that, she gifts me with THE Master Ball!
    Her final words of advice are to stay true to myself and to my Pokemon, before walking away. I go ahead and heal my team up at the Pokemon Center.

Route 10 awaits my Pokemon and I, which is where I’ll be headed next time!
    Stay tuned!~

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXIX
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 30 - Near-Deaths and Toobledum

Near Deaths and Toobledum

Here we are, on Route 10. The Battle Girl right near the entrance has a team of four, including a Conkeldurr that nearly killed Wingfold with an Ice Punch. I thought her Defense would be high enough, but her weakness was too much even for that. ;~;

I switch her out for May to KO the muscle-bound Pokemon; May KO’s her Lucario, too.

Yeah, this Battle Girl’s Punch-specializing team caused me quite a bit of trouble; this can’t be a good sign for if/when I battle Marshal.
    I do the smart thing and heal up before moving onward.

The next trainer has a Tangrowth and a Scizor. I don’t have any trouble with him.

Next up is Veteran Karla, who starts things off with a rather entirely troublesome Reuniclus packing Focus Blast.
    Croikle OHKO’s her Rhyperior; May does the same to her Escavalier.

I’m nearly past the bridge before…

Cheren and Bianca show up, with Cheren wanting to make sure I can handle battles against Alder or N, so he challenges me to a battle himself. This poor bridge.

Unlike the last few “boss” battles, this is a regular battle, with Cheren’s Staraptor leading...and using U-Turn right off the bat and switching to his pet rock.
    Croikle KO’s it, but not before it can set up Stealth Rock.

He switches back in to his Staraptor, so I have Wingfold join the battle. She’s hit by Brave Bird for a good bit of damage, but KO’s the enemy Flying-type with two uses of Strength.
    Croikle KO’s his Simipour and Deyna does the same to his Houndoom.

He sends out his Alakazam, which nearly - combined with Stealth Rock - KO’s Nyctea using Shadow Ball, but she holds on extremely well and knocks it out.
    Nyctea avoids a Draco Meteor and finishes off Cheren’s Serperior!

For once Rival #2 is a nice guy and heals my team up after a battle, too!
    …not that I’ll forgive him for nearly killing Nyctea. Hmph. :|

Bianca, on the other hand, gives me some Max Revives for spending money.
    After a heart-felt moment between the three of us, Cheren runs off to go train, while Bianca, uncertain what to say, departs with the phrase “best foot forward”.
    Well, at least she tried and Cheren wasn’t such a jerk.

I go ahead to the east and battle an Ace Trainer with a Togekiss.
    Gingivere grows to level 70 and can learn Volt Tackle -! But, I will put that on hold and compare it to Wild Charge in a little while.
    Just a few steps from her is a Veteran with a Samurott.

Through the darker grass, avoiding a Black Belt for the moment, I get the TM for Earthquake! This is entirely awesome.~
    The Black Belt has a Throh and a Sawk, both of which Wingfold KO’s.

Just after him is a Hiker with a pet rock that tries to use Explosion to KO Croikle - which it doesn’t. He also has a Probopass (I laugh every time I see one). XP
    A few steps south of him, a Veteran gives me the TM for Explosion - yeah, no. :|
    East of him I find the TM for Roar.

That’s that for Route 10…or it at least if the “League Path” weren’t included as a part of it.
    With that in mind, I go through the first two gates and into the “Basic Badge” area, for my encounter on Route 10!

My encounter winds up being - after dupes of Seviper and Sandslash - a…Bibarel. I was really hoping for a Zangoose…oh well.

I nickname him Toobledum, a fitting name for where he’s living.

The Jet Badge area is my least favorite thing in the entire Pokemon world. :|
    Through all eight gates, I’ve made my way to Victory Road!
    I have Wingfold fly us back to Opelucid City, though.

There are Toobledum’s stats; Hasty nature is rather odd, but I don’t imagine I will be using him anyway. Superpower is kind of nice to see, though.

Next time, I will be going through Victory Road! It will likely be one of the longest parts, considering how expansive it is. XP

Stay tuned!~

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXX
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 31 - Ludicolo on Speed, Set-Up to OHKO a Legendary

Part 31 A
    Ludicolo on Speed

So here my team and I are at the entrance to Victory Road. I go ahead and walk through the entrance of the cave, and encounter a few Aggron and Zweilous - but since I have Cregga and can’t-remember-the-name Deino, they’re just dupes.

Minutes of only running into those two Pokemon go by until I encounter a Medicham.

Took me a while to decide on a nickname, but in the end I’m going with “Dotti”.
    For a final member of my Benched, possible teammates, besides Reshiram, a Medicham isn’t a bad addition at all.

That being done, I go up the stairs to the second floor of the cavern and battle Ace Trainer Shanta, who has an incredibly annoying Kingdra, and a vastly more annoying Ludicolo…

…which kills Croikle. Arceus-damned Drizzle from her freaking Slowking and Ludicolo’s Swift Swim. What the heck am I supposed to do against this, anyway, huh!?

Gingivere avenges Croikle’s demise, and I am seriously at a loss as to how I could’ve made the situation better, preventing that losing our toad-like ally in the first place! :/

Wingfold knocks Shanta’s next Pokemon, an Eelektross, out before Digging us out of there and Flying us to Opelucid’s Pokemon Center.

Croikle, you were a great teammate and did your best, all the way from Pinwheel Forest up to now; rest well knowing that we’ll continue this journey and never forget about you.
    Goodbye, Croikle the Venusaur…you deserved better than to be swept away by a Ludicolo on Speed. ;~;

While I’m here, I go ahead and check on Dotti’s stats…which are rather lackluster, honestly.

That being said, the only options I now have available for a Grass-type team member are Triss the Virizion and Russa the Cacturne. I already have a Fighting-type in Deyna and a Dark-type in Gingivere, and both have a quad-weakness to a specific type - Flying and Bug, respectively.

Triss is more Special Defense oriented with lowered Defense, while Russa has good Attack and Special Attack with otherwise lackluster stats.

Note: It takes me a while to decide on this, much longer than I would like. XP

In the end I decide to go ahead and use Triss - I put the money into catching her and a Legendary is generally more dependable anyway.

I have Wingfold Fly us all on back to Mistralton City and the Reminder Girl to see what moves Triss could possibly relearn, but there isn’t really anything worthwhile there.
    I decide to go with a Work-Up set for now, keeping Sacred Sword and Giga Drain and teaching her Strength*. I might switch her to a Calm Mind set later, though.

*Reminder: for Blaze Black/Volt White, Strength is an 85 power, 100 accuracy Rock-type attack - better than Stone Edge, in my book.

After that is all done, at least for now, I go to Route 10 to train Triss. (Read: slowly slaughtering wild Pokemon, more than likely mountains of Audino.)
    When she reaches level 59, I use my 7 Rare Candies and get her to level 66.
    At this point, I think it best to go ahead and move on - I can train her up as I go through the “Road” anyway. XP

Outside of the second floor, there is a Veteran and an Ace Trainer; the Veteran has the younger man watch as he slides down the slope, to which the Ace Trainer lets out an unmanly shriek of fear. Well, I know what to do anyway, so I slide back down to the first “level” of the mountain-side.

In the entrance from there, Deyna Surfs us over to the far north to find a Rare Candy.

Up two flights of stairs after that, I encounter a second Ace Trainer, who starts things off with a Volcarona - who has Drought. I think I’m seeing a theme here. :/
    I risk having Triss attack it with Strength, and she OHKO’s the solar moth, which is awesome!

His next Pokemon is a Solrock, which Deyna’s takes care of with a double dosage of Surf. He follows up with a pitiful Sunflora, a Gliscor, and ends with a Jumpluff.

After him is Veteran Tiffany, who starts things off with an Arcanine.
    Next up on her roster is an Alakazam, who - of course - knows Focus Blast.
    Gingivere is nearly killed but has enough Special Defense and HP to weather the attack, thank Arceus. ;~;

After that she sends out an easily slain Flygon for Nyctea, followed by an Archeops.
    The final Pokemon on her team is a Cradily - which, of course, uses the Toxic-Protect combo to try and stall-kill Triss. But our resident Legendary (or Mythical) teammate knocks it out anyway. XP

Triss has the option to learn Leaf Blade…which I’m hesitant about. I’ll consider it for later, at the very least.

I have Wingfold Dig us out of there and heal up at Opelucid’s Pokemon Center.
    Since I got another one, I use the Rare Candy on Triss to get her to level 68.

Back in Victory Road, east of the Veteran we just battled, we go down the steps and Triss uses Strength to move the boulder that was next to Ace Trainer Shanta.

Up the steps to the north from the Veteran, there is another Ace Trainer; she starts off with an Abomasnow, and continues the theme of the Ace Trainers before her by having it set up Hail with Snow Warning.
    May KO’s it easily with Flamethrower.

It is followed by an easily killed Pelliper, an annoying Jynx that Traces May’s Flash Fire that I have Nyctea KO, a Blizzard-happy Starmie that eventually is killed by the Hail, and lastly a Lunatone.
    But of course this was a detour route, though I find a Full Restore, which is good.

And this is where I leave off for now. XP

Part 31 B
    Set-Up, OHKO Legendary

And after a few hours of doing actual work and getting lunch, I’m back at this and battling Black Belt Tyrone, who starts things off with a Poliwrath. He follows the steroid tadpole up with a Mienshao that practically kills itself with Hi Jump Kick, though Wingfold “flew up high”, so that might add to it missing. XP

Oddly enough his next Pokemon is an Aggron. Triss grows to level 69, which means she’s catching up with the rest of the team.

Tyrone’s next Pokemon is a Metagross. Oh what fun that particular detail is. I choose Wingfold to battle the quadruped, cerebral spider-tank Pokemon.
    It decides to spam Agility, but Wingfold KO’s it with two uses of Dig anyway.
    This one is, thankfully, rather underwhelming compared to what a Metagross could do.

And of course his last Pokemon is a Conkeldurr with Stone Edge. :/
    Nyctea survives getting hit by it, but still…ugh.

Up the steps I have access to, we battle a Nurse who leads with an Audino: goodie, goodie for experience.~ He also has a Musharna, which he switches out with Blissey. I guess Gingivere is that intimidating even with the ability?
    The most interesting member on his team is the Meganium, though May still OHKO’s it.

He also has a Reuniclus, which I’m not sure we’ve encountered before.
    Gingivere grows to level 74.

I walk around the ledge to the left and back down to have Triss use her Strength on the boulder, then go up the steps and back outside to slide down and grab the Calcium that was inaccessible before. I use it on Triss right away before going on a series of slope-slides that lead me back to the entrance.

I get back to the third “level” to slide down and get an item, which winds up being the TM for Taunt.

After a maze of getting back to where I had been and going a floor or two up from there, I encounter another Ace Trainer, using a Sandstorm team and leading with a Tyranitar. XP
    Triss OHKO’s it with Sacred Sword and grows to level 70.

His Golem uses Explosion on Deyna-, but Deyna holds on and grows to level 73.
    The Ace Trainer’s second-to-last Pokemon is a Garchomp - easy prey for Nyctea, who grows to level 74.

His final Pokemon is a troublesome, Iron Head-happy Excadrill that Deyna manages to KO after flinching a few times.

I go back to the Doctor to heal my team before moving onward.
    Deciding that my team is at a good level to remove the Lucky Eggs from all but Triss, I switch them out for more battle-useful items: Charcoal for May, Mystic Water for Deyna, Razor Claw for Wingfold, Expert Belt for Gingivere, and Never Melt Ice for Nyctea.

I go back to where Ace Trainer David was and exit on the right, sliding down two levels to battle one of the final trainers on this route, Veteran Martell.

This guy is essentially a “Boss” by himself - or at least with his Slaking that is entirely Giga Impact-happy. Thankfully I was forewarned about it.
    It takes a while for her to do it, but Wingfold eventually knocks the King Kong out cold.

He follows up that monster with a Sceptile~<3 that May OHKO’s with Heat Wave.

Next on Martell’s roster is a Haxorus that also gets OHKO’d, followed by an Aggron that Triss knocks out with two Giga Drains.
    Lastly on his team is a Dusclops.

I go up the stairs and avoid exiting at the south, moving on past to have Wingfold push a boulder down into a hole - which opens up the area with Terrakion - and wind my way back to the resident Doctor.

Speaking of Terrakion, I think I’ll go ahead and kill it now.
    It just takes a single Work Up followed by a Giga Drain to finish the job. Wow, I was expecting a bit more. Huh.

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXXI
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 32 - Preparation, The Man Grimm

Part 32 A
    Preparations

Before I actually go to the Pokemon League - I thought there was another battle with Cheren in the final portion of Victory Road and was proven wrong - I need to prepare.

But before I move on to that, it’s time to get the items I now have access to, which includes the Power Herb and TM for Dragon Claw - sweet!
    After searching through the caves - during which Triss gains a level - and finding a few others items, it’s time that I go to the Pokemon League proper.

Let me just say that this place is Xbox huge. XP
    I go to the Pokemon Center first and foremost to heal up and so I can have Wingfold use Fly so we can return here whenever we want.

Now on to the pressing matter: I know that the Elite Four will have Pokemon ranging from levels 71 to 73 and that each of the four battles against them will be Double battle format.

I also know that N’s Pokemon will be levels 73-75 and Ghetsis’ 75-77, each of those being Single battle format.

So I decide that time is best spent just training Triss to level 73, however long that that may be.
    It winds up taking a little under half an hour because I search for better training spots. XP

I go to Icirrus City and sell some ores to the man in the Pokemon Center, then go to Shopping Mall Nine to buy a few stat-boosting items.

Next on my list of things to do is: go to Mistralton City and the Move Reminder/Deleter house. I am content with Nyctea’s current move-set, but I feel like the rest of my team needs rearranging in that area.

Note: I took a break from this for a little while to decide what to teach, relearn, or delete.

Here are Triss, May, and Deyna.

And here are Wingfold, Gingivere, and Nyctea.

Part 32 B
    The Man Grimm

And there is a Veteran standing guard over the entrance who asks me if I am prepared, warning me of the dangers that can and will be faced against any of the Elite Four.

I stand before the statue before deciding which one to battle of Ghost, Fighting, Dark, or Psychic. My decision is Dark, Grimsley.

Upon entering his “room”, I walk with my well-worn running shoes upon red carpet, surroundings almost like an opera house, including a chandelier.
    Apparently there was another challenger before me…hm…

He starts things off with a Liepard and Sharpedo combo.
    Triss Giga Drains the Sharpedo for a OHKO.
    Grimsley has his Liepard use Wild Charge!? and brings Deyna’s HP down by about 100, before getting knocked out by my Samurott’s Sacred Sword.

Next out on the field are Houndoom (with Intimidate) and Honchkrow.
    Triss’ Strength doesn’t do much…
    Right after that, the Houndoom uses Fire Blast on her-! It does massive damage. ;A;

The Houndoom survives Deyna’s Waterfall due to a Focus Sash.

And the Honchkrow’s Brave Bird kills Deyna! What the flying spaghetti monster is this-!? Nooooo- Arceus damn it, why!!!? ;A;
    I seriously can’t think of anything I could have done to make it any better…

I call Gingivere out to the field and start my next turn off with a Full Restore for Triss, while Grimsley does the same for his Houndoom.
    Gingivere’s Thunder Fang KO’s the Honchkrow. You were avenged, Deyna, never worry about that.

Next on Grimsley’s roster is an Absol.
    Triss uses Sacred Sword on the Houndoom and dodges a Fire Blast, while Gingivere Thunder Fangs the Absol for an OHKO!

Grimsley’s final Pokemon is his Bisharp. Triss finishes off his Houndoom with Strength…
    The Bisharp attacks Triss with X-Scissor, but it doesn’t do too much, allowing her to defeat it easily!

With that, we have gained victory against the first of the Elite Four…but the price may have been too high… ;~;
    I don’t know what to say or think about Deyna’s demise…

Next time, I face off against another Elite Four member.
    Stay tuned.

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXXII
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 33 - DOUSHIO!?

DOUSHIO!?

The victory against Grimsley and the loss of Deyna are behind us, now, as we target our next Elite Four member to the northeast. As soon as we walk to the edge of the platform, we are lifted upward in a spiral across what looks to be a giant ribbon…to a bed with an extremely long-haired woman in it.

Mom, you never told or advised me what to do in this sort of situation! DOUSHIO!?

She sits up and slides herself out from under the - probably - heavy covers to stand in front of it, waiting.

This is Caitlin, and apparently she’s grouchy and demands that I don’t bore her.
    Okay, doodette. :V

She leads with a Musharna and Sigilyph~. Wingfold and Nyctea are my choices to start this thing off.
    The Musharna is liability I can’t afford, since it can tank hits rather well and has the strong likelihood of setting up on me if I don’t take care of it right away.

Nyctea sends a Shadow Ball its way while Wingfold slices and dices it with X-Scissor, knocking the piggy-bank tapir out cold!

But we’re not in the clear just yet - I know very well how dangerous Sigilyph can be, since I’ve used one in my White 2 version.
    It uses Hurricane on Nyctea, doing massive damage and confusing her! ;~;
    But-! Her Cursed Body activates and disables Hurricane.~

Caitlin sends out her Bronzong. I use a Full Restore on Nyctea and have Wingfold switch out for May. The Sigilyph does the predicted Ice Beam, hitting May for a little damage, but not much.
    Bronzong uses Trick Room. Well that’s just fine and dandy. :/

Next turn, the Bronzong uses Earthquake, doing considerable damage to May and a good bit to Nyctea. May ThunderPunches the Sigilyph…

…and receives a Psychic in retaliation, getting killed-! ;A;
    I thought for sure the Sigilyph would target Nyctea…but of course it doesn’t.
    Scumbag double-teaming Elite Four… ;~;

Thankfully, Nyctea practically avenges May the very next second by KO’ing the Sigilyph.

You did really, really well, May. Seriously, we couldn’t have gotten this far if it hadn’t been for you and your awesome volcanic booby-salamander contribution.
    Arceus-speed, our friend. ;~;

I return Wingfold to the battlefield, while Caitlin sends out her Reuniclus.

Nyctea Protects herself, canceling out a Psychic, while Wingfold is hit by Gyro Ball for little damage. That Gyro Ball is dangerous for Nyctea, most assuredly.
    Wingfold X-Scissors the Reuniclus for a little less than half of its total HP.

I don’t trust Caitlin to not double-team Nyctea, so I have her use Protect again…which negates an Engery Ball and Gyro Ball! Awesome.
    My resident Gliscor repeats her last attack…but only brings the Reuniclus to the red.

Caitlin of course uses a Full Restore that turn, and has her Bronzong use Gyro Ball on Nyctea, getting her to the red, too. Nyctea uses Shadow Ball on the Bronzong.
    But Wingfold’s third X-Scissor on her cellular Pokemon gets a critical and brings it right back down to red!

Her Trick Room ends, and she apparently feels like a “wonderful time” is about to start.
    She killed May. DOUSHIO!? ;~;

I use another Full Restore on Nyctea while Wingfold KO’s the Reuniclus with Strength.
    And, of course, the Bronzong uses Trick Room.

Caitlin sends out her Beheeyem, now.
    Nyctea Protects herself a third time, negating a Gyro Ball and Thunderbolt. You are so good at this, Nyctea.~
    Wingfold uses X-Scissor on the trench-coat-wearing alien Pokemon for a little over half of its health - a good sign.

Next turn I decide to get Wingfold to full health, since Protect doesn’t work well when used in succession.
    …and good Arceus, Nyctea-! You go girl!!! ;~;

Wingfold kills Caitlin’s Beheeyem just after that.

Caitlin is down to her final two Pokemon: Bronzong and Gothitelle! Obviously, I use a Full Restore on Nyctea. XP
    Bronzong uses Rest…and of course has a Chesto Berry to auto-heal Sleep.
    Gothitelle uses Thunderbolt on Nyctea for a little less than half her health.

Wingfold’s next X-Scissor and gets a OHKO on her “star” Pokemon!
    It’s all down to her Bronzong-!

It tries to use Rest, of all things, next turn, allowing my battling duo to attack it, cutting down its HP to less than half.

Speed even returns to normal, allowing Wingfold and Nyctea to double-team it and gain victory! ;~;
    Nyctea grows to level 75.

Caitlin compliments my team in an interesting way. Is classy a good thing in this context?
    I think it should be, but sometimes you never know.
    Her final words are ones of prompting to go fight whatever Elite Four members remain.

…for a Psychic, that’s kind of insultingly obvious. That’s the whole reason I’m here.

I use an Ether to bring Wingfold’s X-Scissor back to full PP, and another on Nyctea’s Protect - you can never be too careful. XP

Next time, I face off against one of the final two Elite Four: Shauntal or Marshall.
    Stay tuned!~

CURRENT PARTY! End Part XXXIII

F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Triss goes next.

=V

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Triss goes next.
    =V
    That's definitely a possibility. XP
    If the pattern were "Elite Four kill the Starter-Typed teammates", I wouldn't be all that surprised.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 34 - The Last What? - VS Marshal

The Last What?

With Grimsley and Caitlin defeated, my opponents are narrowed down to Shauntal and Marshal. Having lost 2 teammates already, I am at a disadvantage to both of them for lack of as much diversity as I would prefer. However, that isn’t going to stop me from finishing this as best I can.

Who do I choose to face in battle first, between the two?
    Marshal.

Upon entry, I see a rather interesting elevator (?) mechanism, including a “yield” or “caution” bar. Well, I certainly will be cautious, but in this context yielding is not an option.

After being driven to the top, I step off onto a platform most like a boxing ring.
    I approach him, and he comments on the potential his mentor Alder has seen in me, and plainly states that he wants to test and challenge that potential!

He leads off with his Sawk and Throh; Wingfold and Nyctea team up once again for this battle.
    Nyctea attacks the Throh with Psychic, doing about half damage, while Wingfold Flies up to dive-bomb the Sawk (this sounds really funny if said aloud, not gonna lie).

Not only does that prepare her attack, it also negates the Stone Edge and Rock Slide that the Bert and Ernie Fighting Pokemon aimed at her.

A second Psychic KO’s the Throh - which apparently has Guts and aimed to use it for full effect with a Flame Orb. Good call on my part, I’d say. XP

His Sawk of course has Sturdy, meaning it will take at least two hits to cleanly knock it out.
    It has a Salac Berry, raising its Speed-! Wingfold is hit by Stone Edge-!
    The attack does less than half of Wingfold’s health - as a critical hit. That’s good news, at least.

Marshal sends out his Poliwrath next and Full Restores his Sawk.
    But with that done, it can’t attack, and Nyctea hits it with Psychic and Wingfold Flies up high. His Poliwrath uses Waterfall on Nyctea for a decent amount of damage.

Nyctea Protects herself from the Sawk’s Stone Edge, leaving it open for a KO by Fly!
    However, Poliwrath uses Waterfall on Wingfold this time, dropping her down to just 13 HP-! ;A;

Next on Marshal’s roster to be tagged in to the field is his Mienshao.
    Obviously, I use a Full Restore to heal Wingfold, but I also have Nyctea switch out for Triss.
    The Mienshao misses Triss with a Stone Edge, but the Poliwrath uses Icy Wind-!

It doesn’t do too much to either of them, but in place of that it lowers their Speed.

I switch Triss back out for Nyctea, who dodges an Acrobatics from the Mienshao. Marshal’s Poliwrath repeats his last move…doing considerable damage to Wingfold and lowering their Speed again.
    Wingfold uses Fly.

Nyctea Protects herself again, dodging another Acrobatics and Icy Wind, and Wingfold OHKO’s the Mienshao with her Fly!
    Wingfold grows to level 75, too.~

Marshal’s response is to send out the “star” member of his team: Conkeldurr.
    I do another Full Restore + Protect combo. XP
    Wingfold is hit by Waterfall again and Nyctea Protects herself from Stone Edge.

I don’t want Nyctea to be endangered at that moment, so I switch her out - again - for Triss, who takes a Stone Edge a whole lot better than my Froslass.
    Wingfold is hit by another Waterfall, which drops her health down to 25. She Flies up high.

I trick both Marshal’s Pokemon into attacking Triss with Fighting-type attacks, only to switch into Nyctea and have them do nothing. Is that a cheap strategy? Don’t care, this is a Nuzlocke. :V

Wingfold’s Fly brings the Poliwrath’s HP into the red.

I try another Full Restore + Protect Combo. XP
    Nyctea negates a Stone Edge, though Wingfold is hit by a critical Icy Wind and drops into the red.

That being said, I Full Restore Wingfold once more and have Nyctea KO the Poliwrath.
    I still don’t understand why Marshal didn’t use a Full Restore on it… ^^;
    Nyctea avoids another Stone Edge-!

Marshal is down to his final Pokemon, now: Conkeldurr and Breloom.
    Ice Beam activates the Breloom’s Focus Sash, and it targets Wingfold with Bullet Seed. It only hits 2 times, thankfully.
    Wingfold avoids the Conkeldurr’s Stone Edge, and finishes off the Breloom with X-Scissor!~

All that remains is Marshal’s monstrous Conkeldurr! The Elite Four member promises to use the last bit of their strength…I have no doubt about that, only hoping I don’t lose any of my team this time. ;~;

Nyctea tries to bring down its health to below half, but the concrete pillar-wielding Pokemon uses Rest and a Chesto Berry. Honestly, though, that’s good - it means it can’t use that combo again.
    Wingfold Flies high up into the air - though this area is pretty much a cage fight…yeah, whatever. XP
    This turn also lets me confirm that his Conkeldurr is faster than Wingfold - though that’s mainly only due to Icy Wind.

My Froslass repeats her previous attack, only for Rest to be used again.
    …this is going to be annoying. :/
    Fly hits for a considerable amount of damage, which is good.

Marshal comments about this and how it might be “the last” and that his next attack with be “full power!”
    My question is though: last what, though? Last turn? Last Conkeldurr in the Pokemon world? Last time you battle me? Last time I get to battle? Last what!? :|

…okay, so last turn of the battle, and Nyctea - after raising tons of Death Flags (though Wingfold probably raised just as many, if not more) - kills the star of his team in its sleep with Psychic.
    What “next attack”, man? I mean…seriously? Not that I’m complaining about winning, but I was expecting you to at least pull out a Full Restore or something!

That confusion aside, Marshal is rather encouraging in his parting words.
    I heal up my team with a few Lemonades and use my last 2 Ethers to bring Nyctea’s PP to near-full on Protect and Psychic, then use an Elixer for Wingfold since a Max Ether would be silly to use in this case. XP

For now, though, that’s that - we defeated the second to last member of the Elite Four! Three down and only one more to go: Shauntal.

Stay tuned for that.~

CURRENT PARTY! End Part XXXIV
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Still betting on Triss dying.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Still betting on Triss dying.
    Well, I am currently battling Shauntal...who knows what has happened? =P
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 35 - Closing the Book; Earth-Shaking Castle

Part 35 A
    Closing the Book

It’s rather obvious who I am going to battle this time. XP

The sound effects in the background, the shadowed arena with wooden floor, and the long staircase - it almost feels like Luigi’s Mansion. The pile of books crowned by a glob, I can see from here.
    Now it’s time for me to ascend the stairwell…or not-! Ghostly wisps instead drag me up into the air…Lyco doesn’t like heights. Ghosts truly are avatars of phobias. ;A;

Thunder strikes outside the windows as I’m unceremoniously dropped onto wooden planks a few steps away from Shauntal, who stands before her desk and purple-flamed lantern.

Before I speak with her, I check to see if I have any moves that might be able to help my team have more diversity, but don’t find anything that seems like it could truly help.

Speaking with her, she quotes a bit of writing she did about the very recent challenger she battled - obviously N - before accepting my challenge to battle.

She starts things off with Golurk and Drifblim, a rather good combination, allowing her Golurk to use Earthquake without damaging a battle partner.
    Instead of Wingfold, I lead with Nyctea and Triss this time.
    A quick combination of Ice Beam and Strength knocks out the Drifblim.
    Her Golurk uses Earthquake as predicted and does a considerable amount of damage.

She sends out her own Froslass, which uses Blizzard-! It hits and does considerable damage to both Nyctea and Triss.
    Nyctea retaliates with Shadow Ball…for a OHKO on the opposing Froslass, sweet! Triss grows to level 74, too.~
    Triss Giga Drains the Golurk, getting a critical and knocking it out cleanly, too!
    This makes me very glad. ;u;

Shauntal responds to the double knock out by sending out her Jellicent and Chandelure.
    I debate whether to keep them both in, or switch out one or both of them for Gingivere and/or Wingfold.

In the end, though, I decide to have Nyctea Protect and Triss use Strength on the Chandelure…which turns out to be a very good combination, because Protect negates a Flame Blast and a Hydro Pump! That and the Strength attack did well, too.

My duo repeat the same set of moves, Protect and Strength; Strength does its job nicely and makes the Chandelure faint. Protect negates a Hydro Pump attack.
    Nyctea grows to level 76.~

Shauntal sends out her final Pokemon: Mismagius. This could go rather badly…so I switch Nyctea out for Gingivere.
    Triss’ Giga Drain does considerable damage to the Jellicent, leaving its HP in the orange, and restoring her to full health - but also activating the jellyfish’s Cursed Body, disabling it.

The Mismagius uses Shadow Ball on Triss for a bit of damage, with the Jellicent using the same attack against Gingivere. It doesn’t do much to him. XP

Triss uses Strength on the Mismagius, though it doesn’t do much, and gets hit by another Shadow Ball.
    Gingivere Thunder Fangs the Jellicent for the KO, though its Cursed Body activates again.

Shauntal comments on being left with only one Pokemon, as per the norm.
    Triss attacks it once more with Strength; it attacks Gingivere with Shadow Ball again - for who knows what reason - not doing much, just like last time.
    Gingivere rushes pounces on the wounded opponent with Night Slash, finishing the battle!

Apparently the defeat has left Shauntal mostly speechless.

Her final statement to me is to return to the statue and inspect it - TWEWY reference? =P
    I heal my team as before.
    -Note: I know that it isn’t necessary to heal at this point, but I did anyway.

Part 35 B
    World-Shaking Castle

The statue is very obviously glowing, which apparently means that it is now an elevator.
    Descending on a platform like this without any guard-rail or safety precaution is not exactly my idea of “fun”, but eh. XP

There are a ton of stairs here. Seriously, just look at how many there are! I don’t know whether to applaud the craftsmanship or nervously chuckle at the splendor.
    The broken pillars here and there add a little something to it, though.

Finally reaching the top - how are my legs not snapping off with all this walking that I do? - I can see the Champion’s “room” up ahead. It’s more like a small Greco-Roman palace or temple.

…and of course, N has defeated Alder just as I arrive. Joy.
    N gloats a bit, something he very obviously picked up from Ghetsis and a trait that seems very alien - even for N.
    He notices me and comments on my gaining the Light Stone…only to say that this place isn’t the correct one for the Legendary Dragons to battle.

Wha-?

The world shakes and cracks open as drill-topped buildings rise from the land around the Pokemon League. Dark stairs descend upon it.
    …I’m scared… ;A;

No, N, do not just shrug this sort of thing off as normal! No, no, no, and no-! Giant buildings do not just suddenly pop out of the ground like that!
    …but of course he’s not listening to me at all right now, just inviting me into the Team Plasma Castle - N’s Castle. Ghetsis’ Castle.

Rival #2 shows up and insults Alder for being a mess. Did you not notice the Xbox-huge castle that just shook the earth, Cheren!? :/
    He apparently beat the Elite Four, but at least has enough sense to acknowledge the actual situation after that small talk, giving me a message to give to N.
    Alder warns me because N’s convictions are very real.

I don’t like heights. At all. ;A;

I am greeted upon entry by six of the Seven Sages, who say a word of wisdom before curtly saying that I will go no further.
    Or not. XP

Is this all shōnen enough? Then again, Bianca asked them to come. This is [just one reason of quite a few reasons] why she is the best rival ever. :V
    Brycen isn’t saying anything, apparently; Drayden charges me with proceeding.

I can explore freely until a certain point, I know; one of the Shadow Triad lets me know that I can both heal my Pokemon and use my PC. For once, I wasn’t accosted! XP

Inside the room, I meet Anthea, who heals my team - though, to be clear, this does not mean I can use May and/or Deyna.

Her sister Concordia gives me a little back-story into for the three of them: N, Anthea, and Condordia. They were orphans, and N had lived with Pokemon for a while, before they were all “adopted” by Ghetsis. Not sure if I can believe that.

The room next to them has a Max Potion that I pick up.

The very first room on the “second floor” is the one with a PC for me to use.

It is time I say farewell to May. You did really well, Mayday, and were, most definitely, a valued member of the team.
    You will not be forgotten: not by me or by your teammates.

Deyna, you did your very best - from the very beginning you strived to be a champion. As my Starter, you went above and beyond the call of duty.
    Goodbye, mine friend. ;~;

Goodbye to both of you…

Here are my Benched party members.
    The question I have to ask myself is whether or not I will train any of them up to fill the 2 spots, or just use the four that I have with me. I do get Reshiram, after all, so that’s a Fire/Dragon-type to take up the torch May is handing off.

Honestly, only a few of them am I really considering: Periwinkle the Wailmer or Burble the Slowking.
    [edit] I could also *possibly* train Toobledum the Bibarel, but...I don't think so. =P

And with that in mind, I end this part.
    Stay tuned for next time, where I will catch Reshiram and battle N...after training up the new party member. Maybe. If I decide to do add one of those two Water-types. XP

CURRENT PARTY! End Part XXXV
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 25th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    =/

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw