Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Redwall in the Clouds!? Not quite. - Lyco's Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Artee View Post
    Exchange your Magcargo for that Vulpix! Or, since it has the rock type as well, just use Vulpix to occupy Masquerain's place and teach Psychic to it~
    I'll think about it, at least. Since the Nuzlocke is over, though, I'm probably going to use Fenix again. I don't know which Water type I'll use, though.
    I won't be catching anymore Pokemon, except maybe an Event Shiny. XP
    Do you have any water move on your team?
    Not right now; I could collect the needed Battle Points/BP to pay the Move Tutor to teach Gargan Aqua Tail, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Indeed, I hadn't noticed the Nuzlocke was over, silly me :3

Blog Entries
    Indeed, I hadn't noticed the Nuzlocke was over, silly me :3
    Not a problem.~
    On that topic, actually, the Pokemon I liked the most through this playthrough were Tan, Terk, and Fenix. :3c
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Why don't you play a nuzlocke with Platinum/Diamond/Pearl or any older version?

Blog Entries
    Why don't you play a nuzlocke with Platinum/Diamond/Pearl or any older version?
    I'll think about it, definitely~. I haven't played Emerald, so that might be fun to try (I own Sapphire and Ruby, haha).
    My first real Nuzlocke was from Diamond - it turned out to be a failure; I had Deyna the Floatzel and Fifi the Skuntank survive the longest on my team, though. It's from that Nuzlocke that I found I liked Stunky/Skuntank. :'3c
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald are the versions I like least. I played Sapphire, and when I tried to play Emerald, I got a Zigzagoon shiny (yes, the first pokemon that shows up in the game). However, as this Zigzagoon we cannot catch, we should make it faint to "save" the professor, I got angry because my chances of finding a shiny always were near zero, and finding this one at first would really turn them into zero. So I didn't carry on with the game.

Blog Entries
    Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald are the versions I like least. I played Sapphire, and when I tried to play Emerald, I got a Zigzagoon shiny (yes, the first pokemon that shows up in the game). However, as this Zigzagoon we cannot catch, we should make it faint to "save" the professor, I got angry because my chances of finding a shiny always were near zero, and finding this one at first would really turn them into zero. So I didn't carry on with the game.
    Awww. Yeah, that sort of bad experience would kind of ruin a game for you.
    I like Ruby and Sapphire for quite a few reasons. I like all the Generation III Starters (especially Treecko~), the Legendary Trio are based off the Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz, Winona and her beastly Altaria, and the Elite Four has Phoebe~.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Treecko was my favorite too. But I also like Mudkip evo line a lot, and Blaziken is also very nice *hates Torchic and Combusken*.

Blog Entries
    Treecko was my favorite too. But I also like Mudkip evo line a lot, and Blaziken is also very nice *hates Torchic and Combusken*.
    Treecko and Cyndaquil are my favorite Starters.~
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Well, I like many of them, but I can say Charmander is my favorite (especially the Shiny, Black Charizard <3), and Piplup is my least favorite, since I'm not fond of it and its evolution line.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Just going to note that going through Rock Tunnel blind is apparently pretty standard in a nuzlocke, because you need to normally go through Diglett Cave to get it, and Digletts are all kinds of hilarious, what with Magnitude.
    Though you can spam repel or go with a flier in front of you, but that's still not watertight and why would you even bother to do that, Flash is a waste of space on the guys you use.

Blog Entries

Volt White 2 Nuzlocke Part 1

VS Roxie, Castelia City
    Well, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? I suppose it’s time to correct that by catching up with my Volt White 2 Nuzlocke. I didn't even try to keep a record of what happened at the start and up to battling against rocking Roxie, the second “New Unova” Gym Leader. I apologize for that, but hope we can all enjoy this Nuzlocke! ^^

For reference, here’s my team! I haven’t used a Snivy for very long, and I haven’t ever used a Swinub, so this should be interesting for everyone.
    I wasn’t able to catch anything at the Virbank Complex, sadly.
    While I could get a Starter or two from some Jesters, I will only do that as a last measure.

Here’s Roxie, leading with a level 18 Trubbish that I know packs a Normal Gem-powered Explosion - scary. I lead with my Swinub, Bosco - I don’t remember why I named him that, but hey, it works.
    Rather than attacking, the arguably adorable trash-bag sets up Toxic Spikes, leaving it open to a critical Magnitude 6. She heals it with a Super Potion; it takes two more Magnitudes to knock it out.

Next up on her toxic team is her Koffing; I stay in to avoid getting any of my team poisoned. Bosco surprisingly goes first, but gets hit with Dark Pulse after his first Powder Snow. Thankfully, his second freezes the gaseous Pokemon - leaving it open for a barrage of Tackles for the KO!

Second to last on Roxie’s team is a Croagunk, whose Fighting type is bad news for three of my four Pokemon. Normally I wouldn’t take the risk of staying in, but Bosco has Endure, which wastes the poison frog’s Fighting Gem.
    Switching in for Stalk works wonderfully, though he gets poisoned, because two Dragon Rages finishes it off. It’s kind of a cheap way to win, but this is a Nuzlocke after all.

Last but not least, Roxie sends out her prized Whirlipede! Rather than leaving Stalk to its mercy, I send out Baitaa, despite her weakness to Bug. She lashes out with a Bite, flinching the centipede wheel. Crunch lowers its defense while it receives health from a Sitrus Berry and sets up an Agility - Roxie isn’t messing around, but neither am I! The next turn will decide who lives or who dies!
    Poison whittles away at my poor Mightyena’s health, turning this into a dire battle of do-or-die (as if it weren’t already), but even the Steamroller she receives doesn’t send her packing, allowing a second Crunch - winning the battle at last!

Victory gains my team and I the Toxic Badge and the TM for Venoshock.
    I’ll spare you all the PokeStar Studios stuff. XP

Team Plasma ninja-pirates are at the docks causing trouble, and Hugh is extremely angry. The first Grunt I have to battle has a team of three level 17 Pokemon, surprisingly; lead off by a Trubbish with Rollout, followed by a Pawniard and a Sandile.
    Ugh, Toxic Spikes are going to annoy me.

The Grunts run off to Route 20, but before Hugh and I chase them down, Roxie gives us the TM for Cut. Drayano made it a Grass type move, like usual, so it isn’t as useless or cumbersome as the regular Cut.
    It’s more useful on Stalk, though I don’t like that it takes up a move-slot until after the fifth Gym.

The only Grunt I find and send packing on Route 20 has a Venipede, a Zubat, and a Seviper. She runs back to Virbank - Hugh arrives shortly and directs me to Castelia City’s harbor…which is our next stop anyway, so that we can challenge Burgh.

There’s a Jester waiting for me with the Shiny Charm!? Holy crap, this could be rather awesome, then. I check out all the docks - except the one leading to the sewers.
    After that, here’s a long story short: I tried and failed to catch Victini on Liberty Island before exploring the rest of the city. XP

Galiga evolves after a few battles in the Battle Company.
    But that’s all for now - next time I’ll be checking out Castelia’s Sewer and Park.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; October 22nd, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Are you playing X or Y?

Blog Entries
    Are you playing X or Y?
    I don't have a 3DS/2DS, let alone X or Y. ;~;
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    My current 3DS (XL) was bought in the US, because to buy one here I'd have to sell a kidney. You guys are lucky because everything in the US is cheap ;_;
    You should buy/ask for one, Lyco !

Blog Entries
    My current 3DS (XL) was bought in the US, because to buy one here I'd have to sell a kidney. You guys are lucky because everything in the US is cheap ;_;
    You should buy/ask for one, Lyco !
    My brothers getting married soon, so I'm having to wait longer than what I had hoped - I'm hoping to get one at least by my birthday next year (Jan. 28th).
    I want my MegaMawile. ;w;
    F/GO SUPPORT