Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Redwall in the Clouds!? Not quite. - Lyco's Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Redwall in the Clouds!? Not quite. - Lyco's Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Katie has "Frosted Flakes" for Blaze Black 2, but I have "Redwall in the Clouds!?" for Blaze Black*.~
    *I wanted Volt White but can't Patch for my life so this is what we're all going to have to deal with. Let's not worry about it.

But yeah, this is going to be a Nuzlocke Run of Pokemon Blaze Black on DeSmuME, and in no way do I own either, let alone Pokemon (if I did Venonat and Venomoth would be more awesome and likely Bug/Psychic).

I have a copy of Pokemon White 2, but I am certainly not going to waste the efforts I've made there to make a Nuzlocke overwriting everything I did, and I wouldn't know where to begin recording it even then. ^^;

So here I am and here some of you, too, are.
    Moving forward into the clouds - or something not-quite-colloquial like that. XP

Rules
    1. Pokemon that faint are DEAD and must either be put in a "Graveyard" Box or released into the wild.
    -1a. You can't use Revives of any sort and must sell them ASAP.
    2. You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter on a Route; if you fail to catch it, that's it.
    -2a. "Dupes Clause": if you already own the encountered Pokemon, you are allowed to try for another encounter.
    -2b. "Shiny Clause": if you encounter a Pokemon and it is Shiny, you may try catching it, but only if you don't already own it.
    -2c. "Gift Clause": if you receive a Pokemon as a Gift, you are not allowed to catch a different Pokemon from that same area - if/when applicable.
    3. All captured Pokemon MUST be nicknamed. A set theme is optional.
    ++I am using Redwall character names.

INDEX
    Part One - below
    Part Two - Auma the Mace
    Part Three - Ghetsis, N, and Blodge
    Part Four - Bianca, Dreamyard, and Plugg Firetail
    Part Five - Cheren and Gym Trainers!
    Part Six - The Trio Badge!
    Part Seven - Munna and Team Plasma, and- Taunoc?
    Part Eight - Day Care, Preschool, Playground and - Danger!?
    Part Nine - VS Cheren III, Some Plasma, and the sixth Pokemon is...!?
    Part Ten - Plasma and Wellspring Cave, plus...
    Part Eleven - Eighth Pokemon, Route 3, Nacrene City, and Ninth Pokemon
    Part Twelve - Outer Pinwheel Forest Trainers, One Foot in the Museum
    Part Thirteen - Twenties, Twenties Everywhere
    Part Fourteen - Maye I have some Aloe Vera, please?
    ---
    Part Fifteen - Croikle! and Further, Farther
    Part Sixteen - Bridge to, Exploring Castelia
    Part Seventeen - Catching Up and Quaking Clay
    Part Eighteen - Accosting Ninjas and a Mole?
    Part Nineteen - Templars, The Basement, and Abominable Appliances?
    Part Twenty - Celestial Mistralton
    Part Twenty-One - Deflating Skyla's Airbags
    Part Twenty-Two - Pitiable Pet Rock; Getting Surf
    Part Twenty-Three - Surfing Surfing Surfing
    Part Twenty-Four - Rockbottom, Fanged Antelope, 30 Dusk Ball Gambit
    Part Twenty-Five - Twisting Icirrus
    Part Twenty-Six - Brycen the End?
    Part Twenty-Seven - Loitering Plasma and the Light Stone
    Part Twenty-Eight - Bianca, Road to Opelucid
    ---
    Part Twenty-Nine - Boring Mall, Bustling Gym; DRAYDEN
    Part Thirty - Near-Deaths and Toobledum
    Part Thirty-One - Ludicolo on Speed, Set-Up to OHKO a Legendary
    Part Thirty-Two - Preparations, The Man Grimm
    Part Thirty-Three - DOUSHIO!?
    Part Thirty-Four - The Last What? - VS Marshal
    Part Thirty-Five - Closing the Book; Earth-Shaking Castle
    Part Thirty-Six - RESHIRAM; Final Battle VS N
    Part Thirty-Seven - DEN-NIS DEN-NIS, VS Ghetsis; FINALE!

xxxxxxx

Part 1: Deyna the Taggerung

Otter, Pig, and Snake - Pig is a NO, because there are no such things as pigs in Redwall.
    Snake is a no, because those are the antagonists in Redwall and usually on par with a dragon (haha, you'll see if you don't already know).
    Otters are protagonists in Redwall and generally kickass fighters and tell the rest of the Redwallers to FIGHT rather than being pacifistic doormats...when it counts or sometimes when it doesn't. Yep.

So yeah, Bianca can't hold her enthusiasm in at all, and decides it's time for our first ever of all time POKEMON BATTLE.

My Oshawhat Tackles her Tehpig; her Tehpig Tackles my Oshawhat. Then her Tehpig uses Tail Whip, while I have my Oshawhat use Tackle again. My Oshawott gets Tackled first, getting dangerously in the red, but holds on, and dishes out another Tackle to the Tehpig.
    As it should be; there is no need for swine to hold any sort of supremacy against the likes of a roguish otter!

My room entirely wrecked because of Tehpig, Bianca compliments me...until she coerces Cheren with her feminine, clutzy, adorable-yet-slightly-annoying charm (hey, she's cute, but come on that's just a bit rude) to battle me. Thankfully Cheren healed our Pokemon before any idiotic advantage could be gained.
    But did he have to dismiss the damage to my poor room? Of course he did. :/

And the first, and (possibly but quite honestly unlikely and hopefully not only the) first of only two, battle between the snake and the otter begins.

We both have our Pokemon use Tackle - surprise surprise. XP
    But then Cheren decides to have his Snivy use Leer twice in a row...while I go ahead and have Oshawhat use Tackle twice anyway.

The final round was especially worrying, just to let you all know. While I wasn't going to lie to myself that I "had to restart" if I lost, it still would be troublesome to the max.
    Do you want to know why? Because I've seen first hand how possible critical hits are in these first two matches, and it isn't pretty. It's also a sign of things to come.

Anyway, Oshawhat manages to not get hit by a crit and the damage from Snivy's Tackle isn't enough to KO him either, so he's able to Tackle right back and defeat the monstrous grass snake.
    And there was much rejoicing and frivolity amongst the Redwallers and strapping, gallant hares and broadshouldered badgers of Slamandastron.~

Okay not quite.

But my Oshawhat does level up and shows to have quite decent stats! That's quite good.~

Possibly either worst friends ever or best friends ever; either they know how my mom is and know she won't worry too much, or their both careless jerks that think Pokemon battles are best done in rooms where people actually live. Or maybe both.
    Why yes I am rambling thank you for asking here have a cookie it's amazing.

Looking good, and definitely not a horrible Nature. Funny, but not bad. XP
    Special Defense being low might come back to bite us (that is I and my Oshawhat) in the rear eventually, but there are
    Steroids
    ZINC
    for that.
    XP

Oh hey, Mom, can you let me follow my friends, now? Is that too much to ask?
    Why are you ruining one of the best days of my life with stories about your days as a Trainer? You never tell me the good stuff! You know, like the awesome battles and people and Pokemon you met! All you ever talk about is your Audino. Why do you do this!? D:
    Mom stahp please. ;~;

Thank Arceus.
    Why thank you for healing him and suddenly changing the subject. 'kay thanks bye gotta go see Professor (spelled this correctly the first time, woo go me) Juniper.

But apparently we can't have nice things and Cheren sends us to see Bianca at her house to see what the hold up is about.
    Um....
    Okay, Bianca, I won't bug you about this.
    Just don't cry, okay? Stay happy and cheerful and the bright and shining adorable and clutzy gal we know you are. I was not prepared for dealing with this at all-...first my room wrecked and now my best friend is getting yelled at because she wants to travel, meet new people, experience "actually living". Scumbag dad. :|

Okay. I'm good now. Some of that is probably my imagination and "analytical capacity" over-thinking the situation. ^^;

Oh you, Cheren. Oh you.

Apparently Professor Juniper didn't get the memo from Professors Oak, Elm, Birch, OR Rowan.
    Maybe they sent it to her father?
    I mean, seriously, at least 3 of those 4 knew about Starting Trainers battling almost right away.

Yes, yes I am going to nickname Oshawhat.
    But Taggerung is too long for my tastes, and "Tagg" is reserved for a certain Pear/Diamond Nuzlocke team member, so no.
    Which leaves the name of the main protagonist in "The Taggerung"! Sounds good to me. It's an awesome name, though probably girly to some.
    But Professor Juniper doesn't seem to thing it's a good idea. But you know what, you keep that opinion Juniper, it won't stick around for long. If we survive.

Bianca.~
    Also Cheren and Juniper raining on each other's parades of exposition. Though that doesn't stop Cheren from flirting withcomplimenting her. :3
    XP

Awesome.

Yes because this totally and completely, entirely, can not go wrong.
    Don't you dare corrupt Bianca with your lifestyle, Cheren! That's Elesa's job!

Gee thanks, Mom. :|

So you're entrusting our lives to super-powered pocket monsters, because they can cause destruction? Or because they're powerful enough to keep us safe?
    Probably a bit of both, of course.

And this is where I finish the first part.
    Stay tuned!~ :3

xxxxxxx

Current Party - End Part I

- Deyna, Level 6

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

Updates made as I progress, possibly and probably back-to-back.
    When it comes to battles I may or may not include all of them - I might just show the ones that are important or "life-threatening". XP
    Last edited by Lycodrake; July 13th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

I saw Redwall and I was like yay, but then it wasn't Redwall at all.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

If you're doing a Redwall theme, does that mean you can only catch Pokemon that would fit in a Redwall setting?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    I saw Redwall and I was like yay, but then it wasn't Redwall at all.
    Sorry to disappoint on that end. Really, I am - Redwall is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izolyn View Post
    If you're doing a Redwall theme, does that mean you can only catch Pokemon that would fit in a Redwall setting?
    I have considered adding this as a "Clause", yep. Not entirely sure just yet, though.

[edit]

And apparently I didn't have the patch working...
    I will be working to get it working properly...

[edit 2]
    Got the patch working with some help from a friend, along with allowing the save file data to stay, so no need to start all over!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 11th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Two - Auma the Mace

Auma the Mace

First steps on Route 1 and Bianca's feeling a lot better. Which is great!
    And Cheren seems to be okay about the "immature" childhood thing of taking the first steps together.
    I certainly don't mind.

Professor Juniper's how to use Pokeballs tutorial. I know the drill. Got some Pokeballs, and the Prof. leaves us to our own devices. *le gasp*

Sounds good to me, too, Cheren, but you don't have to make it sound like a tedious chore.

Okay, I had to think about this one. I went through a few different names of female badgers and had to pick this one. :3

Apparently the name was a better choice than I thought, what with a Hasty Nature and "quick tempered" to boot. XD

So we three, child and monsters, head back to my house to get some rest. And lo and behold, Auma already has Picked Up something.
    Ironically enough - or not - it's an Escape Rope! Now if only it could be Mariel's Gullwhacker...

A few encounters and battles that went quite well, despite the disadvantage most Redwallers face when confronted with birds and rats - or maybe because I have an Otter and a Badger/Raccoon it wasn't that challenging; not many of the others were all that memorable - and I got a Potion! - except...

EVIL BIRD KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT DON'T DIE- I can empathize with GlaDOS now - AAAAAAAH- ;A;

No. Why am I smiling. No. :|
    Okay so maybe I don't want to scare Bianca - yeah that's it. ;~;

Finally got to this town. And decide I want to see what's going on on the other side of it...okay, Medieval Times people. Leaving them alone. Don't want to piss of any Templars right now. That can wait 'til we're strong enough to afford it.
    Cause, you know, we nearly died against a Pidgey. :|

Okay, so all healed up! Also got a few Pokeballs and 11 Potions - because I need the Potions more than I need the Pokeballs for this, at least for now.

And that's where I leave off. Stay tuned. XP

Current Party - End Part II

- Deyna, Level 8 | - Auma, Level 6

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete, though may be revised later on. ^^
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 11th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Leaving the Pokemon Center after healing up Auma and Deyna, there seems to be a commotion in Accumula’s ‘town center’.

I considered going south, back onto Route 1, and training both of them a little bit more, but I don’t. Mainly because there are monstrous birds like Starly and Pidgey in the tall grass. Evil birds.

Cheren calls me over to join the audience.

Oh hey it’s a Medieval Times group - okay what does this weird robed guy have anything to do with Medieval times? Is he supposed to be a priest, a court mage, or, unlikely, a jester? Seriously, the theme of Team Plasma here is Knights Templar, chainmail and nearly everything like that, but Ghetsis doesn’t match at all.

Did he not get the memo or did he just decide to not wear anything related to Team Plasma’s knights theme?

I mean, I suppose he could be dressed as a mage or sage, as per the group he is “a part of”. But even then: Shadow Triad and the other Sages, they’re ninjas and guys that look like they should be living in Russia.

He’s not even dressed like the rest of them!

Okay. *shrugs*
    Ramblings, woo! XP

And here’s N.
    Cheren states the obvious - I barely had time to screencap some of this conversation/dialogue. As a king, at least in the matter of speech, N really needs to put some effort into learning to enunciate and not rush.

Or Pokemon talk really quickly anyway and it’s not all that bad for him.
    Either way.

Cheren decides to tell everyone in the whole wide world that we have Pokedexes and are on a journey to capture all Pokemon, right after the speech about Pokemon LIBERATION.
    Good going, Rival #2.

And N, of course, responds with that in mind. Gotta hand it to him, he’s very direct and to the point, if a little confusing in interaction *sometimes*. Better than some people I know.

Yeah, Cheren, Pokemon are able to communicate - haven’t you ever watch the anime or movies? Not that odd. XP
    Though to N Meowth apparently is really, really odd. Poor guy (now which one am I speaking about here? We may never know.)

N sends out his Nincada first, and I have Auma in front. I have her try a Tackle to the little cicada, but it doesn’t do much, while N has it Scratch Auma.
    I withdraw Auma and send in Deyna, Nincada using Harden. Deyna lashes out with a single Water Gun and N’s Nincada is down for the count. Sweet.

N then sends out his Mankey and I decide “what the heck, why not?” and send Auma back out, for better or worse.
    Turns out to be a good choice and his Mankey does next to nothing to Auma anyway, so yay!

I keep Auma out when he brings out his last Pokemon: Purrloin.
    It’s going okay until the Purrloin decides to use Assist and gets Low Kick. Ugh.
    So I send Deyna in to finish things, and defeat the Purrloin with a Water Gun.

Awesome. B)

Oh hey, Deyna, Auma, what’re you saying to N. Come on guys, don’t be rude to the guy!
    Anyway, he leaves and Cheren has an (first of possibly many) existential crisis.

I go heal up my team and make my way over to Route 2!

You called me on the X-Transceiver why exactly, Mom? Oh, okay, you have a present for me…
    Wait. This had better not be socks or underwear. Every single freaking Christmas, lady, why!? It’s just cruel and unusual!

Oh, it’s Running Shoes. That’s rather awesome, thanks!

Walking into the tall grass, let’s see who our next teammate will be!
    Okay, well, Mankey; we just fought one of those with N.

And this goes a lot better than I thought it would.
    Cost me 2 Pokeballs, but that’s alright!

Welcome to the team, Blodge.

Please don’t take offense to your name.
    There aren’t exactly monkeys in Redwall, and you do have a hog-nose. So yeah. XP

Now let's take a look at your stats. Seems good to me, though the lowered Speed stat is a bit of a bummer.

Now back tot he Pokemon Center to heal all three of them - and this is where we're at: three Pokemon and on Route 2.

Current Party - End Part III

- Deyna, Level 8 | - Auma, Level 7 | - Blodge, Level 7

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 11th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

That Freaky Vampire Guy~! LordRichardWellington's Avatar
    The Void, the Heart of Creation, and Every Reality.
    Excellent work thus far. Keep it up, Lyco~!

Onemanga, I will never forget you!

Blog Entries
    omg
    excellent
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordRichardWellington View Post
    Excellent work thus far. Keep it up, Lyco~!
    Thanks, LRW! ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    omg
    excellent
    :3

xxxxxxx

And back to Route 2!
    I encounter various Pokemon in the tall grass, not much to say on them; I likely won’t put much detail into random encounters unless I can catch them or the battle turns into a close call…

Note: Blodge’s Defiant Ability is amazing. XDD

…before I finally get to the first “official” Pokemon Trainer Battles!~
    -The first two I really don’t have commentary or screencap on, sadly, but I’ll just say that only one of them gave me a challenge, and that’s because he or she (not sure if the Youngster or Lass) had a Pidgey: DEMON BIRD. :V

Before I go over to the left and confront the last Trainer on Route 2, I head over to the cliff-ledge thing on the right and get an Everstone and an Oval Stone.
    Which are random and not really that useful of items.

That Youngster likes Lillipups, but only has one out of four Pokemon. Well okay? XP

Okay, first, Bianca dear, this isn't hide and go seek. XD

Well, first things first that Bianca does is send out her new Pokemon: Meowth! Gotta say she has good taste in Pokemon.
    I have Blodge at the front of the party - based on how much experience they need to level up - and Meowth uses Fake Out. Huh. Well okay then.
    That’s a bit of a downer, losing HP right from the start, but we’ll roll with it.

Blodge does her thing and defeats it - with a little bit of a "useless" critical hit-, though, so no worries.~

Next up is Bianca’s Tepig, and I decide to go ahead and let Deyna have the XP and “easy fight”.
    Two Water Guns and the Tepig is K.O.

Bianca, you’re amazing; also, “tough cookie”? Thanks.~ XD
    Shine on, you crazy diamond.

So, instead of heading straight for the Pokemon Center, I go around Striaton City and gather what items that I think will be around.

On to the Dreamyard!~

Now for a battle - besides Bianca - that I got screen caps of!~
    The Lass starts off with an easy Sentret, but has a Starly right after that FFFF- keep calm and don’t panic. Remember your towel, Lyco.

And the Lass’ Skitty tries to use Attract on Blodge. That would likely work a whole lot better if you weren’t trying to use it to kill her, Skitty.
    Blodge just Low Kicks once and then Scratches twice and its done.

And now it’s an Azurill that she’s calling out to battle us. Well, you never know. *shrugs*
    It goes for a Tail Whip while I use a Potion to heal Deyna.
    Next round is on and I have Deyna use Water Gun - carefully, since I’m not sure what Abilities Azurill might have in this patch - and it does decently.
    Charm from Azurill - poor little blue-mouse-thing is going to be disappointed, but it still lowers Attack sharply. XP

Water Gun again, and Azurill uses Bubble in response.
    Last round for this one and I have Deyna use Tackle to finish it off, with Deyna gaining a Level! Sweet.

I decide to play it safe and head back to Striaton City to heal up my team.
    Blodge was apparently 1 XP away from Leveling Up, so I decide to go get that for her on Route 2 - where I run into a Kricketot.
    Bide is kind of annoying, but I use it to let Blodge set up Leers.

Now, straight back to the Dreamyard!

Oh dear lord it’s Youngster Joey and his TOP PERCENTAGE Rattata.
    I’m shaking in my boots - actually just regular shoes never mind that- XP

Let’s see what he has up his sleeves…or shorts. Anyone else remember the SHORTS obsessed Youngster in RBGY and FR/LG? I do.

And he just has one Pokemon. Let me guess what it is. XP
    I hope it isn’t a FEAR Rattata or we might be royally screwed. ;A;

But I really don’t have to worry because Auma the Mace is on the case (the rhyme XD ).
    She get 2 Headbutts in, complete with Flinching, and a third Headbutt decides the victor.
    Auma Levels Up, too!~

NOTE: I’ve decided to enact the “Gift Clause” for Rule #2.

Free Pokemon, Lady? Yes please sure let me take it off of your hands- *cough*
    Anyway, it’s a Pansear! That’s a given (ha!), I know. XP
    What to nickname it, though, right? Well let me see…

Well, the only Redwall character that comes to mind right away related to fire is Plugg Firetail, so Plugg he shall be.

Huh, his Nature is actually the “best” for Pansear, at least according to Smogon. Lucky.~ XP
    (I don’t base everything off of what Smogon says, but sometimes it’s a good resource.)

Well, I think this is a good stopping place for Part Four of this.
    I’ll probably start the next Part after a little bit of Level grinding for:
    -1. Second battle against Cheren.
    -2. Gym Battles
    Stay tuned!~

Current Party - End Part IV

- Deyna, Level 12 | - Auma, Level 11 | - Blodge, Level 11| - Plugg, Level 10

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part 5 - Cheren and Gym Trainers!

Part 5-A
    Cheren, Mr. Exposition
    It took 6 battles: Kricketot, Meowth, Wurmple, Spearow, Wurmple, and a Mankey for Plugg to Level Up to Level 11.
    During which time Auma had Picked Up a Super Potion, which made me quite happy.

Seeing that all four of my Pokemon would take more XP than I believed I could gain just yet, I decided to go to the School after that.

Before I go and battle Cheren (Round 2, FIGHT!), I decide to take this guy’s Status Condition Quiz. After answering the two questions - correctly, of course - we get a Full Heal, which is rather awesome.

Well, apparently Cheren is studying and asks us the silly question: “Have you come looking for the Gym Leader?” Of course we have, Cheren, come on man, you’re not fooling anyone.
    Don’t hog the Gym Leaders to yourself - and Bianca has already got Elesa and Iris. XP

He mentions battling, but then goes on about Items *coughdrugscough* and finally cuts to the chase.

Now (finally) for the battle! VS Cheren begins!
    …and I really don’t know what’s up with the finger pointing, maybe “OBJECTION!!!”?

Oh come on-!
    Well, Cheren starts with a freaking demon bird Starly and I have Blodge as the lead. This could get ugly. I debate a little bit as to who to send out, before deciding to let Plugg show his stuff - with fingers crossed. XP

Plugg gets a Wing Attack to the face upon entry for his troubles.

…and shows just how awesome he is by landing a critical right off the bat.
    Thank you Plugg, you fire-monkey-named-after-a-fox (sound like a bad Naruto fanfic). ;~;

His smug grass snake is up next, of course, and I consider switching Plugg out, but decide against it. Cheren comments on Held Items, which reaffirms that choice, because I think I know what type of item his Snivy is holding: Oran Berry.

Getting Tackled before he moves, I have Plugg use Incinerate and, lo and behold, I was correct in that guess. XP

For some reason Cheren is commenting on different types of moves, specifically: “never-miss” and “priority” ones.

I have Plugg use Incinerate again, and, thankfully, he moves first...with decidedly obvious results. XP

We won and Cheren tries to be mature and talk about this as a “learning experience”. Ahuh. :|

We get 1200 Poke-dollars, 200 more than against Bianca.
    Are we friends with these two because they’re rich or something? o.o;

*sigh* Yes, we get it Cheren. Items are important.

Oh hey, it’s Cut. Thanks, Cheren. Now stop playing Mr. Exposition, please. ^^;

So we’re finally free to move as we wish, and I head back to the Pokemon Center to heal, but not before catching a glimpse of a green-haired waiter in front of the Pokemon Gym-that-is-also-a-Café.

Part 5-B

Striaton Gym Trainers

After healing up, I go back outside to talk to the green waiter. And apparently he’s “a Gym Leader of this Gym”, talks about how my Starter - Deyna - is weak to Grass Type, and that I need at least 3 Pokemon to battle in this Gym.
    Okay, I have 4 and feel confident in this. Here I go!

NOTE: Auma is in the lead.

And the guide, who is apparently named Clyde, gives us a Water Bottle as soon as we take a step. Thanks, Clyde, you’re the man. Have your peeps call my peeps - no microwave.

The puzzle is really simple, needless to say. :P
    And our first Gym Trainer is Waiter Maxwell with his first Pokemon being a Slowpoke.
    I have Auma use Headbutt twice and get a Flinch both times.
    On the third Headbutt, no Flinch and the Slowpoke retaliates with Tackle.
    The fourth Headbutt gets no Flinch and the Slowpoke Growls at her.
    I have Auma Tackle to KO the Slowpoke.

Next up from Waiter Maxwell is a Growlithe! Neat.
    I send out Deyna, because “why not?”
    A Water Gun to the fluffy fire dog’s face, and Deyna gets Double Kicked - for little damage.
    The Growlithe moves first the next turn with another Double Kick, lowering Deyna’s health further - a little worrying but not much. Water Gun retaliation baby. XP
    Which KO’s it.

Maxwell’s last Pokemon is a Budew, and you know what time it is?
    Well not Tool Time, that’s for sure. =P
    No, it’s time for Plugg to burn a smiling bulb.
    Burn baby burn - Incinerate to the Grass/Poison-type’s face…body…torso-thing. XP
    Twice and it’s KO’d like the other two.

And Plugg Levels up to 12 and wants to learn Acrobatics.
    Spectacular [Spider-Man]!~
    I’ll go ahead and get rid of Hone Claws - Leer is more useful for him and keeping Scratch for now is okay.

Maxwell says I have a lot of pepper. Okay…

I head back to the Pokemon Center and return - with Blodge in the lead - to face off against Waitress Tia. She has her “I’m your second course” line…o-kay then.

She sends out a Hoppip; I don’t know what move-set it’ll have, so I switch Blodge out for Plugg, who gets a Poison Power greeting, which sucks.
    A Tail Whip and Incinerate follows that.
    Then a Synthesis - fan-fucking-tastic - before Plugg can use Incinerate for a second time.
    Repeat, and Plugg nearly kills it, but just not quite. :|
    It uses Synthesis again, but finally Plugg wins against the annoyance.

Next up on Waitress’ Tia’s roster is a Slugma. Guess who I send out against *that*. XP
    Two Water Guns and it’s KO’d as well, with Deyna Leveling up to 13.
    Focus Energy is an option from that, so I replace Water Sport with it.

And, finally, Tia has a Marill. I send out Blodge to battle it.
    I have her use Focus Energy, and the blue-Pikachu uses Tail Whip to lower Blodge’s defense. Not a good idea - Defiant kicks in and raises Blodge’s Attack sharply (+2).
    Blodge uses Scratch and the Marill uses Defense Curl; Blodge gets a Critical Scratch and the Marill attacks with Water Gun, but does very little..
    One more Scratch and the Marill is down for the count.

I go to the Pokemon Center to heal my team.

xxxxxxx

Current Party - End Part V
    - Deyna, Level 13 | - Auma, Level 11 | - Blodge, Level 12| - Plugg, Level 12

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 11th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Six - The Trio Badge!

The Trio Badge!

Note: I have Auma in the lead.

I walk from the Pokemon Center to the front of the Striaton Gym, and take driven steps forward all the way to the back of the Café-Gym-thing.
    I’m greeted by triplet waiters - Chili, Cilan, and Cress. First time for everything, I suppose.

All three inform me of how this Gym Battle will be happening -a Rotation battle against Cress, the Grass-type user…because of my Starter’s Type weakness.

Okay then, I can deal with that.

And the battle begins! VS Cilan, FIGHT!

He has a full team of 6 Pokemon: the 5 Grass Starter Pokemon and the Grass Elemental Monkey, Pansage.

This is a Rotation Battle, so I have to be extra careful if I want to keep survive. ;~;

I have Auma, Bludge, and Plugg on my side of the “field”, while Cilan has Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Snivy on his.
    This is the beginning.

I switch over to Plugg with Incinerate, but Cilan’s Snivy lets loose with a Magical Leaf - a guaranteed hit- but it does little damage. Plugg finally gets to use Incinerate, and…
    It does more than half damage to Snivy.
    Cilan…responds to this with an exclamation.

Cilan rotates to the left: Chikorita, who gets hit by Incinerate for over half damage, like Snivy. Chikorita uses Wring Out, a Poison-type move if I remember correctly.
    It does a bit of damage to Plugg, but I’m not too worried.

No rotation from Cilan, so Chikorita gets hit by another Incinerate and…
    Chikorita is KO’d!

Cilan sends out Pansage to replace Chikorita on the field!
    It uses Work Up right off the bat, raising its Attack and Special Attack once - which could be dangerous.
    Incinerate again, for...not very much damage. Not good.
    But! It does burn up Pansage’s Oran Berry, which is very good!

Cilan rotates to his Bulbasaur.
    Incinerate again for over half damage again. Good.
    Bulbasaur uses Secret Power and deals a bit of damage to Plugg…

I risk not healing, while Cilan rotates over to his Pansage again.
    Magical Leaf does a dangerous amount of damage to Plugg! ;A;
    But Incinerate KO’s the Grass Monkey! Sweet! :3

Auma Levels up to 12, too.~

Cilan sends out his Turtwig.
    I use the Fresh Water Clyde gave us to heal Plugg.
    Cilan rotates to Snivy, who uses Magical Leaf again for little damage.

Cilan rotates to his Bulbasaur again, and I have Plugg use Incinerate again.
    Which KO’s Bulbasaur!~

Cilan sends out his Treecko. These three are all he has left!
    He rotates over to Turtwig, and Plugg Incinerates it for over half damage.
    Turtwig uses Stealth Rock - bad news if I rotate to anyone, let alone at all.

He rotates to his Snivy; the Snivy uses Tackle for about the same damage as Magical Leaf, which, again, is very little damage.
    Once more Plugg uses Incinerate, and the result is…!
    …Snivy KO’d!

Plugg Levels up to 13!

Cilan rotates to Treecko…
    Just these last two left!

Cilan rotates back to Turtwig, but Plugg unleashes Incinerate once more!
    And the result of that attack is…Turtwig being knocked out of the match! :3

Blodge Levels up to 13! She also replaces…Scratch with Karate Chop.~

Only Treecko remains on Clian’s team!!
    He exclaims again and rotates over to the Tree Gecko Pokemon.
    Plugg is faster than the Treecko and - for the (hopefully, at least) second to last time in this battle - Incinerates it!
    Cilan has Treecko use Leech Seed!

It drains only a little bit of Plugg’s health.

Will this be the final round!? It depends on who is faster: Plugg or Cilan’s Treecko!
    And the faster one is…
    PLUGG!!!

But will the Incinerate be enough to KO Treecko?
    IT IS!!!
    XP

We won, all thanks to Plugg!~
    We receive 3360 Poke-dollars from Cilan for our victory…

And-!
    We get the…TRIO BADGE! It let's me use Pokemon up to Level 20, even those traded to me.
    And alongside the money and Badge, we get TM83 Work Up! :3

That is it, guys, gals, and tentacle monsters; with only the use of the Fresh Water and no deaths in my Party, we’ve made it through the first Gym and Gym Leader!

As I walk outside of the Gym, a Professor friend of Prof. Juniper’s greets us and introduces herself as Fennel, and asks that I follow her.
    Sure that sounds like an amazing idea. XP

Actually I can only catch Pokemon as according to my Nuzlocke Rules, not all of them. ;~;
    Anyway she invites us up to her room and gives us TM10 Hidden Power. Nice? It depends on the Pokemon’s EVs and IVs, so it could be worthless for my team.

And without further ado, she requests that we go to the Dreamyard and get some Dream Mist. Sounds like a plan.
    But first I’m headed over to the Pokemon Center and healing up my team.

Next time we head for the Dreamyard once more!
    Stay tuned.~

xxxxxxx

Current Party - End Part V
    - Deyna, Level 13 | - Auma, Level 12 | - Blodge, Level 13| - Plugg, Level 13

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 11th, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Seven - Munna and Team Plasma, and-!?

And here's Part Seven!~

Part Seven - Munna, Team Plasma, and…?

So after healing my team, we make our way back over to the Dreamyard.
    But the thing is, I have to decide who of the quartet is going to have to have Cut.
    This sucks, because no matter who I choose, the Move Deleter is in Mistralton City, which is only after the Fifth Gym - after Clay and Chargestone Cave.

Oh well, I suppose the best member of the team to learn it is-

Oh wait what is this, Cut is Grass-type and with 60 power and 100 accuracy here?
    Well I guess Cut isn’t as crippling or useless as I thought. XD
    Auma, Plugg, and Deyna can learn it…hm…I think it would be best to teach it to Auma.
    I’ll replace Growl with Cut for her, since Tackle still has more pp than Headbutt.

But before I move on, let’s see who can learn Work Up: Auma, Blodge, and Plugg.
    Hm…I really only think Plugg should learn it, replacing Leer - the defense lowering is worthwhile at this point, but I think Work Up’s benefits outweigh losing Leer. XP

Auma does her thing and Cuts the little tree down to splinters and toothpicks.
    Hopefully none of which she’ll decide to Pick Up.
    She is just barely out of being a Dibbun, after all. They get into all sorts of mischief.

Here’s Bianca, asking us if we’re here for mysterious Pokemon, too.
    Good for you, Bianca, you’re looking forward and setting goals.~
    But no, we really didn’t know anything about a mysterious Pokemon - Fennel just sent us here for some opium Dream Mist.

She goes on ahead and looks around, but when I go to follow and then move forward, there’s a strange sound that I really have trouble describing.

Bianca asks me if I heard it, too. Thank Arceus, neither of us is hallucinating strange sounds.
    She wants to investigate and I really can’t help but get curious, too, if only because I want to identify what made the sound in the first place.

And what is that thing!?
    It looks like something out of a children’s show or made out of a baby girl’s quilt or a really messed up piggy bank: light pink with purple-and-pink flower markings. I feel sorry for Pokemon if its male - unless of course it is secure in its masculinity, then that’s just fine.

I myself have a muted pink t-shirt and don’t mind wearing it; I can’t wear bright pink, though, because it makes me look more pale than usual. XP

It sees us, apparently, and moves to run away. Bianca calls after it and I follow her after it.

Until these Medieval Times guys appear from around one of the ruins.
    They suddenly shout at the Pokemon, announce their Team’s goals after Bianca questions them…and start beating the stuffing out of it for Dream Mist.

What the Distortion World, you illegitimate children!?
    They’re fighting to free Pokemon…but are blatantly abusing a free, wild Pokemon?
    Don’t give me what they’re having, Waiter or Waitress, please don’t.

And after we interrupt them, the one that was kicking Munna decides to “rescue my Pokemon from me.”
    O-kaaay…illegitimate child.
    But in contrast to their behavior, Team Plasma has rather awesome battle music.

The first Pokemon on this Grunt’s team is a Trubbish, level 14.
    That is two levels higher than Auma, but she’s faster and uses Headbutt…but it barely does anything, and the Trubbish uses Toxic Spikes.
    Joy… :/

And both Pokemon repeat those two moves: Headbutt and Toxi Spikes.
    Auma uses Headbutt for a third time, again with no Flinch, and Trubbish uses Doubleslap.
    It doesn’t do much.

Headbutting it again - and into the red, Auma has it nearly beaten. Next up is the Trubbish’s Acid Spray…which harshly lowers Auma’s Special Defense and puts her into the red.

But with a final Headbutt, Auma is victorious over the little bag of trash, and grows to Level 13! I forgo letting her learn Sand Attack.

The Grunt’s next Pokemon is Drowzee, which I know has good Special Defense.
    I debate on whether or not to send out a different Pokemon, like Deyna, but decide to leave Auma in…for better or for worse.

Auma uses Headbutt three times in a row, two of those getting a Flinch and the last one not. Drowzee goes for a Zen Heabutt and…
    It misses! Thank Arceus.

That leaves Auma free to finish it off.~

The Grunt’s third and final Pokemon is an Ekans, which has average stats all around, but weaker Defense. Alongside its Intimidate, it could cause some trouble.
    Again I debate whether or not to send out a different Pokemon, this time because of Auma’s low HP *and* because of the Toxic Spikes - the Ekans could have Venoshock.

Once more I leave Auma in…for better or for worse. ;~;
    She’s been doing really well so far, but I’m still being cautious.

The Ekans lowers Auma’s Attack with Intimidate, as predicted.

Auma is able to let off one Headbutt for a Flinch, and another one just for damage - getting the Ekans to around half-health. The Ekans Glares for Paralysis…

Heabutt once more from Auma, but the Ekans is faster due to the Paralysis and uses Poison Sting!
    Thankfully it does little damage, and Auma’s Heabutt is a Critical hit and KO’s the snake!

Auma grows to Levels 14!~

That’s one Team Plasma Grunt down for the count, too.

The second Grunt isn’t happy with that result and decides to battle us herself.
    She leads with a Koffing, the purple, gassy mine Pokemon. XP

I decide to play it safe and switch out Auma for Plugg, knowing that Koffing has really high Defense.
    Plugg gets a Smog to the face upon entry, but it does little damage.

Plugg Incinerates it twice, and the Koffing Tackles first, for a little more damage, and then uses Smokescreen to lower Plugg’s accuracy.

But it doesn’t do anything to Plugg’s aim, which remains tried and true - Incinerating the sickly Pokemon and knocking it out!

Next up is the Grunt’s Grimer, which has average Defense and Special Defense, with its highest stat being Attack.
    I decide to have Blodge fight the hazardous waste Pokemon. XP
    I know Poison Types resist Fighting-type Moves, but Blodge has Scratch, too, so it’s not that bad…

Oh crap I forgot I removed Scratch. >//>;
    Abort abort abort - no not that kind - abort!

I send Deyna out to correct my error - sorry Blodge. ;~;
    Deyna gets Mud-Slapped on entry for lowered Accuracy but little damage.

Deyna uses Focus Energy to get pumped for a possible Critical, while the Grimer uses Pound - not much damage.
    Following that, Deyna Tail Whips, only for that to be Disabled by Grimer. Oh well, better than an attack move getting disabled, at least.

Deyna follows up with a Water Gun, but the Plasma Grunt switches out the Grimer for a Cacnea…with Water Absorb.
    Gee thanks, lady. :/

In response to that switch, I send in Plugg, who just receives a Leer from the Cacnea.
    We get an Incineration from our fox-nicknamed monkey, doing over half damage, with the Cacnea Leech Seeding him to return the favor.
    The Leech Seed doesn’t do much.

An Incinerate that knocks out the Cacnea is its fate.

Back to the Grunt’s Grimer, I return Deyna to the battle against the sludge.
    Deyna Tackles it and the Grimer uses Pound in reply - quite the conversation, right? XP
    Water Gun this time, and the Grimer uses Harden.

Water Gun a second time this round, getting the Grimer into the red, but it uses Mud-Slap and manages a Critical hit on Deyna alongside the lowered accuracy.

With Deyna low on health, I decide to let Blodge out to play.
    I’m not the only one that thinks Grimer could be seen as purple Play-doh, right? XP

Blodge Karate Chops the mass of ooze-slime-gunk-whatever, but doesn’t quite knock it out.
    The Grimer uses Mud-Slap again to lower Blodge’s accuracy and do little damage, but the lowered accuracy activates Blodge’s Defiant, giving her a sharp rise in Attack!

The next Karate Chop misses and Grimer Hardens, but the Karate Chop after that…
    Knocks it out completely!

Deyna grows to Level 14!

That Grunt freaks out almost like the other one did: dream and nightmare, how witty. XP
    But the first Grunt goes back to kicking Munna. D:
    Bianca shouts back at him…

In an instant and flash of light, Ghetsis appears and reprimands his lackeys.
    To which they freak out and nearly have heart attacks, talk about Ghetsis’ “public” and “private” attitude, and run off so they can stutter out apologies to the apparently two-faced leader.
    With a flash of light, Ghetsis disappears from the Dreamyard.

But with a Musharna arriving on the scene right after Ghetsis…was it really him at all, or illusions and mind games done by Musharna to protect its Munna? o.O

The two Pokemon talk to each other, I think, and Fennel arrives on the scene. The two wild Pokemon leave an Item behind. Fennel confirms Bianca’s hypothesis that the Ghetsis we saw was a dream…but was it an accurate depiction? XP

Fennel inspects the Item, which turns out to be her sought-after opium Dream Mist! She invites Bianca and I over to her house and leaves.

Bianca suggests I go to Fennels while she tries to find a Munna or Musharna.
    But I have other plans in mind before I do that, like healing up my poor quartet of Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. ;~;

I heal my Pokemon back up and place Plugg in front.

After that I do a bit of “splurge” buying.
    I buy 3 Potions, 2 Super Potions, 3 Paralyze Heals, and 2 Antidote.
    Deciding to stock up a little bit more than that, I buy 4 Pokeballs, 2 Great Balls, and 2 Repels.
    That’s it for stocking up on Items for now, though. XP

I go back to the Dreamyard, for what I think is the sixth time, and aim to get the Items around the Dreamyard, and catch my next, and fifth, Pokemon teammate!

And as soon as I walk into the tall grass northeast of Bianca, trying to get to the stairs ( XP ), I encounter a Natu! (Not quite what I was wanting; I was hoping for a Drowzee, Venonat, or Nidoran.)

I have Plugg use Incinerate and Scratch, while it used Night Shade once…I forget the other move it made. ^^;

I follow up with a Pokeball, and-!

I catch the Natu!
    Now, should I name him after Chibb the Robin, Rocangus the Falcon, or Rulango the Heron?
    Or one of the Owls: Taunoc, Udara, or Gerul? Hm…

I debate between Rulango and Taunoc, before finalizing his name as Taunoc!~

I go back to the Pokemon Center to heal my new team member...

Then check out Taunoc's stats and moveset: Naught Nature, likes to thrash about, and has Night Shade, Leer, Teleport, and Lucky Chant.
    Could be better, but not bad at all!~

I go back over to the Dreamyard and decide to do a bit of grinding while getting the items.
    Next time, I will go see Fennel and move on (finally) to Route 3, where I’ll be able to get another new Pokemon!

Stay tuned.~

Current Party! - End Part VII

- Deyna, Level 14 | - Auma, Level 14 | - Blodge, Level 13| - Plugg, Level 13 | - Taunoc, Level 12

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    >7 HP

How lucky

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    >7 HP

How lucky
    I was a little bit surprised that it didn't KO Auma; it was a STAB, Critical Poison Sting from an Ekans - and their highest stat is Attack.
    But thankfully Poison Sting has a low Power. So yeah. ^^;

But this reaffirms that snakes are EVIL, not only does Cheren, Rival #2, have one, but one nearly killed Auma the "badger". =P
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 12th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    But this reaffirms that snakes are EVIL, not only does Cheren, Rival #2, have one, but one nearly killed Auma the "badger". =P
    You're just racist against snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    This is Redwall; snakes are always evil.

I've been following your Let's Play, Lyco, and will continue to do so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    This is Redwall; snakes are always evil.
    What Asdfghl said. Everything snake in Redwall has been an entity of chaotic evil. Maybe *once* neutrally evil, but evil nonetheless.
    I've been following your Let's Play, Lyco, and will continue to do so.
    Thanks!~ Glad to know; hope you, and others, enjoy it. ^^
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 12th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Eight - Day Care, Prescool, and Playground - Danger!?

And here's part Eight!~
    Day Care, Preschool, and Playground - Danger!?

Highlights to note for experience grinding session: Plugg learned Flame Burst, Taunoc’s Magic Bounce Disabling a Drowzee’s Disable, I taught Blodge Smack Down, Blodge nearly getting killed by a Spinda and leveling up from that, getting an Ultra Ball from Auma’s Pick Up, Taunoc learning Confusion, Auma nearly getting Double-Slapped to death by a Clefairy, and, again, Blodge nearly getting killed by another Spinda
    Yeah. ^^;

My goal Level for all of them was 15, and when I reach it - after healing up, of course, I head back over to Fennel’s to see what she wants, so that I and my quintet can move on with the story!~ XP

I arrive and she’s jumping, literally, for joy about having her opium Dream Mist, and gives me the C-Gear, which is quite useless in this Nuzlocke and in emulators in general, to my knowledge.

Her friend Amanita thanks us for helping her, and gives me the Pal Pad…also useless here. XP

I make my way over to Route 3!~
    And before I go further down the Route itself, I go check out the Day Care center to the right, and the Preschool (?) to the center.

In front of the Preschool, there’s a lady that warns us about the Playground and the pestering little kids will do for battles.

I go on inside and talk to some of the people in there, before moving on towards the Playground, where it seems there are three battles awaiting.

And our first battle is against this lady, who has four Pokemon!
    Her first Pokemon is a Togepi and I have Plugg in the lead.
    Plugg uses his newly learned Flame Burst, dealing around half damage, while the Togepi decides to use Charm, kind of pointless and not crippling, as it only harshly lowers Attack.

A second Flame Burst and it’s KO’d.

Her next Pokemon is a Munna, to which I send out Auma.
    Auma Headbutts it doing a decent amount of damage and the piggy-bank-thing uses Psybem in retaliation…

And lands a Critical hit!!! D:
    No Auma, nooooooooooooooooooo-!!! ;A;

In part to save Auma and in another to get revenge, I send Taunoc onto the field.
    On entry, the Munna uses Imprison, meaning that Taunoc can’t use any moves Munna knows.
    I don’t think that will cause problems…

Taunoc uses Night Shade, while the Munna Lucky Chants - Ikkaku is that you? XP
    A follow-up Night Shade KO’s the Munna!
    Good work, Taunoc.

Her third Pokemon is a Natu, too, and I send out Deyna to meet it in battle.
    It uses Night Shade Twice, while Deyna Tackles it right after each of those.
    For the third round, the Natu instead uses Confusion, and I fear a critical.
    Deyna, on the last stretches of health, like Auma, uses Tackle to finish it off.

I am an idiot. I’m sorry Auma, Deyna, I’ll be taking better care of you both-! ;A;

Her final Pokemon is a Ralts. I send out Taunoc once more…and the Ralts Traces Taunoc’s Magic Bounce, which could spell trouble with a capital D(eath).

Taunoc Night Shades the Ralts, and the little red-horn uses Double Team.
    Those exact moves are repeated in the next round, with Ralts’ health going into the red.

One more Night Shade and the Ralts is KO’d and we’ve beaten the Trainer…her and her little monsters. ;~;

I play it safe and get my team healed up inside the preschool (?) and move Auma to the front of the party, before heading back onto the Playground and facing off against Preschooler Doyle.

Who apparently has a Squirtle as the first of his two Pokemon.
    Auma Cuts it for around half damage, and gets attacked with Bubble, an attack that does very little.
    A second Cut isn’t quite enough, and the Squirtle Tail-Whips, but a third Cut finishes it off.

Doyle’s next Pokemon is the Unova Starter that I also have: Oshawott. I leave Auma on the field.
    Two Cuts is all it takes to KO the otter, though Auma takes moderate damage from a Water Gun.

I use a single Potion on Auma; I’m going to assume that the other two Preschoolers also have Starter Pokemon, too…and it looks like I’m right!
    Preschooler Wendy’s first Pokemon is a Totodile, while I lead with Blodge.
    Two Karate Chops from Blodge, the second being a Critical, and the Totodile is KO’d.

Her next Pokemon is a Piplup and I decide to leave Blodge out.
    One Karate Chop from Blodge earns her a Brine from the Piplup, for a worrying amount of damage!

Two more Karate Chops, with a Bubble in between, KO’s the penguin, which is the end of Preschooler Wendy.
    Who apparently doesn’t know the word “are” yet. XP

I use 2 Potions on Blodge and switch Taunoc to the front of the Party before battling the last Preschooler, Tully, who has 3 Pokemon.
    The first of which is a Mudkip, with Moldbreaker; Taunoc uses Night Shade, but gets a Yawn…

So I decide to switch Taunoc out for Auma, who receives a greeting Growl.
    She Cuts it once and gets another Growl…

Another Cut and it is KO’d, and Auma grows to Level 16!
    And so does Taunoc!

For better or for worse, I send out Deyna to confront Tully’s Shellos.
    Deyna Focuses Energy, and the Shellos tries a Mud Bomb and misses.
    Deyna Tackles it twice in a row, and the sea slug uses Water Pulse and Mud Sport.
    A third Tackle, a Mud Sport, and Deyna Tackles it for a fourth time, knocking it out!

Deyna’s grows to Level 16!

Tully’s next Pokemon is a Psyduck…and for better or worse, I decide Blodge needs the experience.
    She Karate Chops it for decent damage and the duck uses Water Gun, for little damage.
    A repeated performance of the same moves leaves the Psyduck in the red, and Blodge…

A Low Kick that somehow manages to still hit the duck in the face - likely due to height - KO’s it!
    Blodge gains a Level to 16, too!~

Having won, Tully was the last of the battles on the Playground, so I go back to the Preschool to heal up what injuries remain for my team (and conserve Potions).
    I move on to below the steps to the Playground, Preschool, and Day Care, where Twins are waiting for me, wanting a Double Battle.

They have a pair of Nidoran, who go are up against the combined might of Plugg and Auma.
    I am cautious because I know that Nidoran can have Double Kick, which could mean death for Auma.

I have Auma use Headbutt followed up by Plugg’s Flame Burst, KO’ing the male Nidoran and damaging the female Nidoran a little bit.
    The female Nidoran, as I was wary of, Double Kicks Auma, for considerable damage, but not killing her.

I risk the same combo of Headbutt and Flame Burst and KO the female Nidoran, too!
    Which makes this a victory against the Twins!~

I heal up Auma and end this section off right before the third battle against Rival #2- I mean our good friend Cheren. XP

Stay tuned!~
    Next time I take on Cheren and aim for catching a new Pokemon on Route 3!

Current Party! - End Part VIII

- Deyna, Level 16 | - Auma, Level 16 | - Blodge, Level 16| - Plugg, Level 15 | - Taunoc, Level 16

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 12th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    …That's too much luck Lyco. Who are you stealing it from?

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    …That's too much luck Lyco. Who are you stealing it from?
    Myself? ono
    Because on my college campus I have the worst luck ever - of all time - trying to catch a ride on the shuttle.
    F/GO SUPPORT