Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayneth Quest (He wants to be the very best)

Blog Entries
    Lonely Kayneth with Diarmuid

THIS A MAN'S WORLD BABY DON'T BE FLASHIN THAT VAG

Blog Entries
    I just noticed but the thread title rhymes.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    I just noticed but the thread title rhymes.
    Slow Lian is slow.

(and blob is even slower)

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos
    How will we avoid CERTAIN DOOM!
    Kayneth does some research on his opponents and decides to take the dude called "The Magus Killer" seriously and plans accordingly. Even if Kiritsugu is leagues below him in terms of skill, power, ability and style if never hurts to take extra precautions, especially after negligence cause Waver to steal his first catalyst.

Blog Entries
    5 more minutes to collect any last second votes, at the moment the results are:

By himself: 15
    With Sola: 2
    With Magi: 1

Lancer: 10
    Rider: 1
    Caster: 7

- - - Updated - - -

No takers? Alright then the poll is closed, the War shall take place with Kayneth entering the war by himself along with his trusty and now very loyal Servant Diarmuid Ua Duibhne.

I'll get the first story post up in a bit but voting and discussions should take place in this thread.

Blog Entries
    And so begins our epic journey~

Blog Entries
    Alright starting post up, you guys decide what action he should take and post em here, in about 6 or so hours I'll move the story along and will go with whatever option seems to have the most votes on it. (And yes there will be a lot of bad ends for the overly curious.)

Also I promise my posts from now on will be much much longer that was just the starter to get things going.
    Last edited by Milbunk; March 12th, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You should give us some options. It's kind of like LANCER'S HERE, WHAT NOW.

I'd say just talk to Lancer for now though. Also some of those sentences are kind of hard to read since they seem to be phrased the way somebody would talk.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    [x] Ask the Servant out to a night on the town. Tell him it's to survey the land, but then just barhop all night.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    WITHOUT USING A COMMAND SEAL, let's try to convince Diarmuid that unconditionally obeying us to the letter/spirit of our plans is our sole condition for accepting his oath of loyalty as a Lord. We must make it clear that that loyalty is to be the measuring stick for his sense of honor, superseding his previous oath to the chivalric code.

He is not to participate in the War as a knight of old, b/c that's not what we need. He is OUR knight, and we must be able to have faith that he will hold to his contract.

It's not enough having Sola be absent, we can't let bloody Saber (of all people) fuck us over. B/c screw her, if we are to meet Bad Ends, at least let them not be b/c of her!!!
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; March 12th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    I'll agree with Soldat on having Lancer swear an oath of absolute fealty if he truly wishes to serve us.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Blog Entries
    I was actually debating whether or not to have set choices or to make it more general so I figured it would be best to give each one a shot, this first one is more you guys decide by describing then the next time I'll do choices and we will see which one goes off better in the end.

Also Soldat never replied in the Colosseum.

@Milbunk. That would be b/c Soldat is busy w/... Well, a number of things, now that I think about it. And I'm going to have to see two of my family members disappear for good soon, so yeah, I'm not exactly in the mood.

And b/c I feel the current system makes less sense than when I proposed it; either something's wrong, or it's missing, and I'm looking at other RPs I got off 4chan for ideas on how to shore everything up.

Anyway.

While he follows the codes of chivalry during the War, it would be possible to have him to use underhanded tactics to have a better chance at claiming the Grail. Convincing him that Heaven's Feel is filled with filth instead of an honorable battleground with other heroes and avoiding contact with Saber to keep him from awakening his Chivalric Pride would allow him to utilize Gae Buidhe in a hit and run strategy.
    I'm sure w/ our input, we can use Kayneth's stunning (*gag*) intellect to sway Diarmuid to our intended methodology.

Maybe an argument similar to the Kotomine-Tohsaka alliance's, where we, as the Lord representative of the Mage's Association, were dispatched out of a very real concern for the character and resultant wish of the other competitors, and really, the Grail can't be allowed to fall into just anybody's hands.

Lancer need not overly concern himself w/ the details, merely aid us in our righteous quest as an instrument of judgment.

//*Highborn nose-sniff pose.*

PS: @Milbunk: You could just do like 4chan's quests and switch b/t offered choices and audience-fill-in write-ups. That way it's not all on just you, and we can use whatever witty/awesome dialogue we come up w/ on our own.
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; March 12th, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    Alright I don't really mind I was just curious as to where you went, now back to the decision making responses.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Soldat, EF, don't be ridiculous here. We have no idea who Saber is, and for that matter, no idea who our Lancer is, much less what kind of guy he might be. For starters, tell our Servant to inform us of all of his Noble Phantasms and abilities, then tell him to scout. There's no need to ask for unconditional obedience, since that's to be expected from a tool in the first place. After Lancer goes scouting, begin making plans for the War that take into account your and his abilities.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well, are we playing in character or using our knowledge?

We should just have Kayneth lie and tell Diarmuid everybody else in the Grail War is a child molester. It would be partially correct!
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

There's no need to ask for unconditional obedience, since that's to be expected from a tool in the first place.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh wait, you were serious. Let me laugh harder, then!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, let's just assume that, b/c that worked so well in canon events.

Besides, I think it'd fit w/ Kayneth's personality and upbringing to make sure who's boss around these parts. In canon, he had Sola's presence to lean on and help him get his head on straight after losing his temper and making a fool of himself.

But w/o her around this time... Ahhh, there's potential to be had. He has to rely on Lancer much more, now.
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; March 12th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    No prior knowledge, though you may know what's going on remember that every decision you make that differs from canon slowly alters what happens around the actual war for him.

You are essentially just kinda like random thoughts in his head that kinda tell him whether left or right is best and then he goes through with it, much like how a VN would play out. (At least that's the best way I can think to describe it.)

Exactly! W/o Sola, Kayneth has to rely on Lancer more, at least as a resource.

In having to take care of Lancer on his own, Kayneth's thinking has to be tweaked from canon's, b/c the context is different as a 2-man team rather than as a 3-man one.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Soldat, EF, don't be ridiculous here. We have no idea who Saber is, and for that matter, no idea who our Lancer is, much less what kind of guy he might be. For starters, tell our Servant to inform us of all of his Noble Phantasms and abilities, then tell him to scout. There's no need to ask for unconditional obedience, since that's to be expected from a tool in the first place. After Lancer goes scouting, begin making plans for the War that take into account your and his abilities.
    I never mentioned anything about Saber since we aren't supposed to know anything about that Servant yet. As for the identity of Lancer, why wouldn't we know of it since Kayneth personally selected the catalyst for him himself? Still, your rational for how Kayneth would expect lancer would act does make sense. If he does do anything that we don't approve of, we'll be sure to remind of that.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.