Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kara no Kyoukai Glossary

Banned
    Blog Entries

Kara no Kyoukai Glossary

Click

A translation of the Kara no Kyoukai Glossary bundled with the Kara no Kyoukai Limited Collector's Edition (空の境界 限定愛蔵版).
    Last edited by food; March 14th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice, thanks for the effort

Stone-head-like stone head (Others)
    Not a typographic error.
    Shiki occasionally behaves as such. As Touko said, it is evidence that Shiki lives by feelings alone.
    wat. Is this something I forgot?
    Last edited by Petrikow; March 14th, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    It means she's a hard-headed, hot-headed idiot.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    It means she's a hard-headed, hot-headed idiot.
    I see. My perplexity was probably because Nasu felt this was worth an entry in the dictionary.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    It's Nasu. He does stuff like this all the time.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    9/10, the lack of elephants diminishes its reread value
    don't quote me on this

So this is the nice thing you mentioned.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Good job.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Daisuke is just this kind of manly man who can find love in unrequited love. (Translator's Note: T_T)
    I wasn't aware that that was an especially masculine trait. Food for thought (no pun intended).

Ten minutes is such a long time. ------- One life time is oh so brief.
    A great epitaph for Kurogiri.

Although it did not appear in the story, his Familiar was a black hound. Alba, who could not easily love another person, favoured creatures who could easily love people.

He had quite an air of a protagonist: donning his crimson long coat and top hat, strutting down the street with his black Doberman by his side.
    Alba was a dog person; one of Touko's familiars was the suitcase cat. How fitting.

(Of course, I know I'm forgetting Beowulf).

It is hard to say whether this is an individual's nature or just a bad habit. Many characters in the story were eccentric collectors.

It was probably because they were hollow, and needed something to fill the void.
    Nasu, you are aware of how much TM licensed merchandise is released each year, right? What are you saying about us, your loyal customers?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food
    (Translator Note: A mean, heartless and merciless bunny)
    sounds like my pet bunny Snappy, maybe I should rechristen him Shiki
    don't quote me on this

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks to thee foodie
    Since then, he has fallen into a one-side love affair that cannot be realized. Daisuke is just this kind of manly man who can find love in unrequited love. (Translator's Note: T_T)
    DAT FEEL T_T

Looking at it from this perspective makes it sound like "True Magic" In fact, ether lump is originally the First Magic's ----------
    =|

She was in this limbo of being only marginally relevant to the story.
    Sacchin prototype.

Strawberry Ice-cream (Others)
    One of the few things that Shiki was fond of, also one of the things she hated.
    Even though she despised cold food, she always seemed to buy it from the convenience store.
    Regarding this, Mikiya made some amazingly insensitive comments such as ".... are you... are you trying to conquer your weakness...?"
    As a side note, Touko poured an obscene amount of money into constructing Ryougi Shiki's Mystic Eyes Killers, but Shiki shoved them back saying "Why should I do it to please you?"
    The reason Shiki declined the Mystic Eyes Killer was the same as when she refused to wear the uniform of Reien Girls' Academy.
    Mean, heartless, and merciless, but occasionally she would react in a surprisingly feminine way. Like Mikiya said, it you want to compare her to an animal, it would be a rabbit or something like that. (Translator Note: A mean, heartless and merciless bunny).
    Oh Shiki~<3

You yandere bunny you
    The remake seemed to be in the works, or maybe not...?
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUU-
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    huh, i thought she just wore the same red leather jacket Mikiya gave her all the time, and jsut properly takes care of it instead of switching to new ones all the time...

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... in the movies didn't she buy hers herself? and in Paradox Spiral has three on a coatrack XD

I think in the novels she just has a red leather jacket. The first one she got was black. I don't think Mikiya ever got her a jacket.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ah i remembered it wrong then xD
    still think tis kinda weird she burns through them so fast, a leather jacket shouldnt wear out THAT fast.

In the novels she's wearing a different outfit basically every day, but ufotable is not Kyoani so she became a stereotypical one outfit anime character to cut costs. In the novel for example there was no outfit transformation, she was wearing that kimono when she went into the hotel.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Shiki wears a few different kimonos even in the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    In the novels she's wearing a different outfit basically every day, but ufotable is not Kyoani so she became a stereotypical one outfit anime character to cut costs. In the novel for example there was no outfit transformation, she was wearing that kimono when she went into the hotel.
    This is one of the things I don't like about Paradox Spiral. The rest of the movie is pretty perfect though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As an aside, the magi in this story were all practitioners of Western magecraft who were incompatible with Chinese philosophies.
    Wait... so Araya's bounded fields weren't Houjutsu regardless of their names?

There are many theories which explain Spontaneous Combustion, Azaka's Spontaneous Combustion can be explained by an amalgamation of the Charged Corpus Theory and the Electromagnetism Theory. The Charged Corpus Theory suggests that the human body produces electrical current during states of psychological arousal which causes Spontaneous Combustion, while the Electromagnetism Theory suggests that Spontaneous Combustion is a result of an increased release of electrons in the atmosphere.
    I dun get it. How does this work with not-fairies?
    Last edited by You; March 15th, 2013 at 12:25 AM.

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    What outfit transformation? She wore the jacket over a white kimono and lost the jacket in the zombie fight so that's all she had.

Losing the jacket wasn't in the novel so that's why she's in her default costume on the cover.

Wait, so why does Shiki like wearing the jacket over her kimono? Did Mikiya buy it for her or something? I don't remember that part.