Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Misplaced (KnK/Tsuki)

Misplaced (KnK/Tsuki)

So I hit a bit of a rut in my writing recently and decided to try something new to try and get myself out of it. I've wanted to try doing an "interactive" fic for a while, so without further ado I present:

Misplaced

Shiki knew something was wrong before she even opened her eyes, she felt ill like she was going to vomit and there was a violent pounding in her head. The physical sickness died down and quickly vanished but the pounding merely shrunk to a dull thrum in the back of her mind.

Seconds later she noticed something else amiss; something felt different about the room she was in and the bed she was lying in was far too soft. She opened her eyes and found with no surprise whatsoever, that she was right. She cast her gaze around and examined her knew environment.

She remembered nothing of how she got here, but she knew her home was a Japanese-style house and that she slept in a bed that while not uncomfortable, was not nearly as decadently soft as this. Now she was in a bedroom that was decorated in a very western style and was obviously part of a much larger house. Light shone through a window in the wall to her left, although it was somewhat muted by a pair of drawn curtains. Against the wall opposite the foot of the bed was a western-style dresser and against the wall opposite the window was a wardrobe. At least the colour scheme was soft and muted.

As she slid out from beneath the bed covers she tried to remember where she had been right before this but couldn’t. There was a large blank where the memory should be, she knew that something was supposed to be there but couldn’t force it to the surface.

Suddenly a thought managed to pierce through her dull headache or rather a feeling, she felt diminished somehow, as though she was less whole than she was moments ago. Before she could pursue this thought further there came a knock at the door and it swung open with barely a creak. The person who entered actually caused Shiki’s thought process to pause just for a moment. It was a girl with red hair and blue eyes which, was rare enough in Japan but she was also dressed in a way that resembled a French maid. In her arms this girl held a bundle of clothes.

She watched this girl careful for a sudden moves but any real wariness she felt vanished quickly, the way the girl moved as she strode towards her suggested she had no martial training and would fall quickly in a fight. Shiki considered for a brief moment grabbing her and making her talk but dismissed the idea; there were probably more people than the maid in this place and she had no idea what might happened if the redhead were to scream for help.

“Good morning Shiki-sama,” the girl said as she lay the neatly folded clothes down carefully at the end of the bed.

Shiki did not give any reply except to narrow her eyes, had she met this girl before?

“It’s good that you’re up early Shiki-sama. Akiha-sama wishes for the two of you to have breakfast together before you leave for school.”

That almost caused Shiki to lift an eyebrow again. School? So even though she was obviously somewhere else, that was still required? She was tempted to just return to bed. Although this “Akiha-sama” could have some answers as to where she was and why, perhaps it would simply be better to play along for now?

She nodded her ascent at the maid playing her accustomed role of daughter of a noble house, who bowed politely before turning to leave the room. Shiki waited for the door to click shut before slipping from underneath the covers and taking a look at the clothes the girl had left for her. Her eyes narrowed when she saw them. It was a school uniform, shirt, sweater vest and … a skirt, if it could be called that. Shiki looked away from the garments in disgust and headed towards the wardrobe, hopefully it would have a better selection, ideally a kimono.

The wardrobe did indeed contain more clothes but any thought she had towards wearing her preferred garment were dashed by the fact that they were mostly western-style clothes and even with her limited knowledge of fashion, she could tell they were bad. There was a single pair of jeans and a black t-shirt that looked relatively normal and offended her senses the least. She saw one dress that looked really overly-elaborate, it was black which wasn’t bad itself but it was decorated with far too much lace and ribbon.

She turned towards the dresser and began to pull open the drawers, she was looking for underwear. She found it, multiple pairs of knickers but no bras, instead there were several long white strips of cloth, Sarashi. Hn, given the clothes she had found in the wardrobe she had not expected to find the more traditional bindings; it was a mildly pleasant surprise. She slipped out of her sleeping yukata and in to the newly discovered underwear before turning back towards the bed. Now the question was, should she wear the “uniform” or look for something decent in the wardrobe?

1. Wear the uniform.

2. Search the wardrobe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AN: So yeah the first choice, something nice and innocent, because what possible consequences could there be from what clothes she's forced to wear?
    Last edited by PhoenixAct; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Search the wardrobe.
    Shiki isn't Shiki without a kimono.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    *Snaps fingers*

AH, it's the:
    Spoiler:
    story where the Shikis swap stories with one another! I remember that snippet, funny that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with Kura, search wardrobe please.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    Fuck da poleece, wear jeans.

​^ realvote
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I'm with Leo
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Oh, this looks interesting.

Search the wardrobe.

...Shiki in jeans and T-shirt appeals greatly. Akiha's response to Shiki coming down to breakfast on what is apparently a school day dressed in jeans and a T-shirt appeals even more greatly! But of the choices, I say, Search the wardrobe. Maybe there's cutlery in there.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Search the wardrobe. Interesting things may be in there.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wear the bindings - no point in rocking the boat too much until she knows what's going on.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Wear the bindings - no point in rocking the boat too much until she knows what's going on.
    Oh, she'll be wearing the bindings anyway, that's her personal preference. The question is what to waer over the top.

@Ihaxlikenoob: You got it but:

spoiler
    Since this is now an interactive fic I'll be doing the two as seperate stories to avoid an potential confusion and make life easier on myself.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I'll take the one labelled as choice 1.

Also this seems like all kinds of potential funsies! Almost makes me forgive you for the massive cocktease that was the Ayako route fic. =P
    Last edited by Kelnish; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:29 PM.

I vote to check the wardrobe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    I'll take the one labelled as choice 1.
    Ah ... well caught sir...

*Ahem*

Fixed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Fuck da poleece, wear jeans.

Alternatively, Search the Wardrobe

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Gonna vote for wearing the uniform. Because everyone is voting on searchign the wardrobe and I wanna be a rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    Vote jeans bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    We want a third choice - the jeans choice!
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Huh, I thought you don't read FF Cruor.

- - - Updated - - -

And he's gone. . .
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I kinda liked Hotblooded Worms so I came here but misread the first chapter (which is why I deleted mah post). And I saw this in the Recent Posts and glanced at what it was.

And its not completely true I do read the ZnT crossovers because they end up being somewhat entertaining.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Okay, I think I'm gonna give it about twenty hours from now before voting closes. Of course this is my first time doing one of these fics, so if you think that's not long enough let me know.