Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Extra CCC Translations [SPOILERS]

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    I think he said in the glossary that it's his favorite ending. It's easy to see why, considering his motto.

A certain someone on BL might not be too happy with that last quote, though.
    What's it say.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    ["Gaia sucks. Humanity fuck yeah."]

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Oh lawl. Thanks Reiu.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If only Nasu wrote a scifi tale

other than extra I mean
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What's it say.
    To be precise, a more literal translation is:

「我らが征くは星の大海。
    いつか人類が知るであろう楽しみを、
    一足先に味見するぞ、マスター!」
    "What we'll subjugate is the large sea of stars.
    The amusement that humanity will one day learn, let's taste it one step ahead, Master!
    "

未来は今も走り続ける。人間は今も広がり続ける。
    いつか辿り着く”終わり”の瞬間を目指して。
    The future still keep on running even now. Humans still keep on spreading even now.
    Aiming for the moment of "the end" that we'll one day finally arrive at.

星は晩年を迎えようと、人の歴史はいまだ幼年。
    Even if the star (planet) is approaching its last years, the history of man is still on its infancy.

Blog Entries
    More like "Our conquest is the sea of stars" for that first one.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Oh lawdy; Sieg Kaiser Gilgamesh!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Master of chaos
    May be you know, I post simillar (but only one line) translation at #6119 spoiler section No.3, of Fate/Extra CCC spoiler theread in last May 2013.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...Thread/page306
    I believe your new translation lines are great help for native English players. (^-^ )/
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    If only Nasu wrote a scifi tale

other than extra I mean
    Sora no soto counts sort of.

And it has an even lower chance than DDD of ever being translated.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    More like "Our conquest is the sea of stars" for that first one.
    I reiterate, red-haired Enkidu. It has to happen.

Or more "official" T-M parodies in general, see the Saint Seiya parody.

Blog Entries
    Short snippets and stuff from Chapter 7. Couldn't muster up the will to edit the longer stuff, so just dumping these here for now. These are edited from fragments I'd sort-of translated while playing the game, so feel free to point out any missing lines or mistakes.

Hakuno monologue

Me, with my memories still not recovered―――no, with probably no memories at all to begin with.

This person called Kishinami Hakuno is a Master
    who lacks something normal people need.

There's no other explanation for my memories being so vague.
    Even so―――

Even so, there's something unyielding within me.

Even if my
    memory
    past
    never returns, even if I have no
    goals
    future

I have
    myself
    the present
    , experiencing the here-and-now.

I'm just one of the nameless multitudes.
    I can't fight for the moon, or to save Earth, or for some grand cause like that.
    Realistically speaking, I can have only ordinary, obvious wishes.

I am myself.
    Even if my mind is not whole, my veins throb with life.

Though I don't remember the events I’d lived through,
    or the experiences I’d enjoyed,
    I remember what was important.

......Yes, that must be it.

I want to keep on believing in warm things.
    I want to keep on protecting warm things.

I know of the self who had fallen into a
    long
    eternal
    sleep,
    dreaming of such a future.

And so it must be―――that this body was made of such.

Even if all is a dream,
    and my body nothing but a residual phantom.

Female NPC at the window
    “Wa-wait...
    You seriously mean to do something about this?

D-don’t!
    Once this place is gone, I’ll disappear!
    It scares me so much to even think about that...please, don’t.....!

Why do you try to wake from the dream?!
    Isn’t it fine the way it is?!
    You can just keep on playing forever!

What’s not to like about a world that never changes?!
    It’ll keep on continuing even if you get tired of it!

Please, stay here....!
    Don’t make it end....!
    Stay and keep talking to me forever...!”

- - - Updated - - -

Bonus.

Jinako and Karna
       “Get out! Everybody just get out already!
    It’s easier for some hopeless creature like me
    to just curl up like a caterpillar―――!”

   “You must apologize to the caterpillars.
    They are creatures who cling to life with zeal.
    The only hopeless creatures are humans, Jinako.”
    Last edited by Reiu; July 28th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mad burn, Karna.

Blog Entries
    Follows below the translation of BB's profile.

STATS

STR:
    END:
    AGI:
    MGI:
    LCK:

KEYWORDS

High Grade AI

An artificial intelligence configured by means of programming.
    In this age, it is treated as "something that functions as a program, but is not completed as an existence".
    In other words, what "exists" before one's eyes is something "nonexistent".
    It is nothing but a mechanism for the sake of smoothly promoting the livelihood of humans.

This is the same in the SE.RA.PH, where they are considered a virtual life-form manufactured together with the beginning of the Holy Grail War and disposed together with its end.

The humanoid virtual lifeforms in the SE.RA.PH are the NPCs that only handle simple purposes, the AIs that were given self-judgement capacities and the high grade AIs that were entrusted with self-judgement capacities and section management.

High grade AIs are those manufactured for the sake of efficiently promoting the main purpose of the Mooncell, "human observation".
    A perfect reproduction of a human in which even a soul was programed, but the soul merely "exists" and its contents remain colorless.

The virtual lifeforms manufactured in the SE.RA.PH are reset when that round of the Holy Grail War ends.
    The NPCs and AIs are turned back to zero, but for the high grade AIs only the personal data is left behind and its records are reset ――― made as if nothing happened.

When the Holy Grail War ends, the one that survives is only the Master who stands at the top.
    This is not just about the Masters, but also held in common with the virtual lifeforms manufactured in the SE.RA.PH.

BB is thought to be a high grade AI entrusted with the health management of the Masters, just like Sakura.
    However, due to a rampage of unknown cause, it seems that the method of "managing the Masters" ended up becoming something extreme.

Bishop's Staff of Rulership
    The teacher's cane that BB holds.
    A device that can fully employ the jurisdiction as a high grade AI.
    Although limited to the far-side of the moon, but by using this BB can change the spirit particles laws (game rules) inside the SE.RA.PH.

The "Crowns of Ten Rulerships <Domina Cronam>(?【十の支配の王冠(ドミナ・コロナム)】)" worn by the Beast of Babylon converted into a teacher's cane.
    This is because then essence of the Male Theory, which opposes the theory that the seven-headed beast is female, is a pharos (a straight pole).

The symbol of the king of the world, said to have been bestowed with throne and authority by a great dragon and, furthermore, granted the privilege to blaspheme against all things - no matter what insolent words are used - for a period of 42 months.

The heads of the beast are the seven hills of the Roman Empire - Capitolinus, Palatium, Aventinus, Caelius , Esquilinus, Quirinalis and Viminalis - in other words they mean the Roman Empire itself, while the ten horns symbolize its emperors - Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero, Vespasianus, Titus, Galba, Otho and Vitellius.

SKILLS

Golden Chalice <Aurea Boura>(? アウレア・ボーウラ): EX
    The golden chalice that BB holds. As well as a Holy Grail.
    A negative Holy Grail that grants the impudent, self-centered wishes of the owner.

The chalice possessed by the Whore of Babylon that appears in the Revelation of St. John.
    A pseudo-Holy Grail, but exactly because it is a fake Holy Grail that it became a "genuine" Holy Grail that grants the desires of humans regardless of right and wrong.

To the Christians that treated the honorable poverty of those days as virtue, a chalice molded with a symbol of riches such as gold evidently had connotations of corrupted wealth, greed and the vanity of adorning oneself.

Although it was clear from the point that this was the chalice held by the Whore of Babylon - the personification of the Roman Empire - but this chalice has inverted Christ's words of "Do not pile up wealth on the land" and symbolizes the earthly wealth.

"I saw a single woman straddled on a red beast.
    That beast, whose whole body was covered with numerous names that blasphemed God, had seven heads and ten horns.
    "

According to the Revelation, this is the description of the beast of ruin that appeared in the Holy City and the woman that was straddled on said beast.
    A giant beast possessing seven heads as if the Hydra was said to appear from the sea and land on the Holy City.
    This beast and woman are one and the same, it is impossible to think about them detached from each other.

The woman is treated as one who brings forth all evils, it has been said that the imprudent and avaricious are unable to oppose her temptation and corrupted by this chalice.

This is a digression, but the Red Saber who call herself an Emperor has been regarded in the same light as this beast and antagonized by the laymen after her death.

Self-Modification: EX
    The Skill to remodel oneself.
    The AIs manufactured by the Mooncell are furnished with an absolute order of "do not improve its functions".

But BB, who escaped from this yoke due to a break-down, began to expand her own functions.
    In order to enhance her calculation abilities, she predated・decomposed through the black noises NPCs, AIs and even Servants on top of that and employed them as her own memory.

An posterior add-on that is not weary of self-breakdown, but, as a result, BB changed into a hyper grade AI that possesses an enormous capacity.
    These circumstances are like a city of reclaimed land that continues to construct buildings even as it sinks into water, or even the monster of Frankenstein.

Ten Crowns: EX
    An unidentified Skill.
    It has been said that the ten crowns indicates the ten evil kings and the seven hills indicate the abominable city of evil.

It is unknown what kind of principle・authority it is, but that power's origin lies in a past that even the King of Heroes, who was supposed to be mankind's oldest, cannot reach.

On a simple look, it is a Skill that turns received injuries and occurred events, that make all results as if "nothing happened".

As a matter of fact, BB is invincible as long as there is this.

Womb of All Kinds of Animals: EX
    Womb of All Kinds of Animals (Potnia Theron).
    This is the goddess's authority that BB compiled and imported from the abyss of the Mooncell.

The incarnation of the power to give birth to all things possessed by the maternal goddesses, issued by a goddess from approximately 8,000 years ago whose name is already lost (the goddess of Çatal Hüyük) and that the likes of Tiamat, Cybele, Ishtar, Inanna, Anat, Astarte, Gaia, Hera, Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter and Athena derived from.

Many are imagined taking the form of rampart crowns.
    This is because many of those goddesses are simultaneously the guardian deities of cities.

Symbolizing the likes of the gates opened in the land and the sky (caves and the moon), the whirling tides and tornados of the sea and the craters of volcanos, it gives birth to the harms that brings about all sorts of death from there.
    However, after those harms have scattered death, it also promises definite good harvest and fertility.
    This authority is no other than the power give birth to death simultaneously with life.

The Earth Mother Goddess nurtures the people with its own flesh and blood, and as time passes kill those people and use them as its provision to restore its own flesh and blood, just to once again nurture the people with that restored flesh and blood.

This process is the circle of the food chain itself and one could say that this cycle of life and death is surely the essence of the Earth Mother Goddess.
    Most of the goddesses have, by means of this function, birthed countless monsters and giants that became menaces to the gods and the people, or birthed heroes that protected the people from those.

As representative examples, those that became menaces include Tiamat and Gaia, while Hera was the mother of heroes.

Those who were born in this land cannot oppose the authority of the maternal deity. Because that would be a rebellion against the system of life itself.
    However, at the moment when the infancy as intelligent beings is concluded - leaving the land and aiming for the cosmos - this authority may be defeated.

The wish of Çatal Hüyük is found in the arrival of such day.

NOBLE PHANTASM

C.C.C. (Cursed Cutting Crater)
    An attack that violates the world by BB, who have seized the Mooncell.
    As well as spirit-particles imaginary pitfall.

A world purge by means of phenomenon overwrite, which applied the EX Skill "Conception of All Kinds of Animals (Potnia Theron)" that BB acquired to the maximum.

The goddess which is equivalent to the mother of the Earth Mother Goddesses that created the land is, in other words, the "root" that gave birth to all things. This Noble Phantasm outputs that information as a super-precise 3D printer and crushes the currently existing world with the world desired by the user, an Anti-World Noble Phantasm.

The space that was corroded by BB turns into an imaginary space and becomes a curse that eats into reality. "C.C.C." is, as the name suggest, a large hole of curses that cuts out reality hollow.

Other than dismantling the objects at that place to their atomic units and reconstructing them, it can also overwrite and re-output the information of the place such as fortune-misfortune, coincidence.
    Although speaking on theory, if gravitational fields are interfered with, supposedly it is also possible to distort the time axis and overwrite the principles of causality.

In case it is employed in battle, BB's familiars - the Shapeshifters - envelops the target and, after being reduced to a sphere, annihilates the target along with dimension itself.

Originally, it is impossible to create structures that can share values in the Far-Side of the Moon, which is an imaginary space.
    What established BB's imagined world as the Sakura Labyrinth was also the power of this Noble Phantasm.

BACKGROUND

Spirit-particles Imaginary Pitfall (Cursed Cutting Crater)

The formal name of this stage.
    "Here", which once was just a imaginary space to storage malicious information, was established as a real space in the present・past・future due to the fact that BB attained the Mooncell Core.
    By her hands, it was reconstructed as the "Far-Side of the Moon" where even the Masters can exist.

BB, who obtained the power of the original goddess, succeeded in the numeric conversion of the "nothingness" from before life was born.
    Both space and time were reformed by master of the ambiguous imaginary space.

The Mooncell could not be hacked no matter how much time one would take, but it was captured by BB, who put herself into the concept of "infinite time".

BACKGROUND II

During the preliminaries, she, who had her freedom unleashed by the hands of Kiara, could not control that abnormal status and caused an overload.

Because the NPCs cannot do anything but routine work, they ignored Sakura - who began to disintegrate - as something "nonexistent" and since the Mooncell's check was performed only at the end of the day during the preliminaries, Sakura was in a crisis of being extinguished.

Upon laying his eyes on such abnormality, Kishinami Hakuno called out for her. Saying "Are you all right?"

By receiving the observation from another that "I'm right here", Sakura recovered her unconsciousness that was on the verge of being extinguished and acquired a clear ego of "I want to be here" due to the subsequent nursing. She escaped from the extinguishing of her ego.

What came afterwards doesn't even need to be said.
    Once the next day came, everything would be deleted by the hand of the Mooncell. Sakura - who wished to continue this miracle of mere day - employed the privilege of a high grade AI and repeated the "single day when I got to know Kishinami Hakuno" for 69 days.

However, as the day advanced Sakura began to suffer with her self-contradictions as an AI and the reality surrounding Kishinami Hakuno.

"For the Masters that participate in the Holy Grail War, all will die with the exception of one.
    No, to begin with Kishinami Hakuno is---
    "

Sakura kept suffering from the selfishness of eternally looping those happy times and her feelings towards Kishinami Hakuno.
    As a conclusion, she chose the path of sealing away the 69 days worth of memory… the "love" that she acquired, in order to turn back into a normal AI.
    AIs cannot delete records.
    Because of that, she reset herself by moving the memory to a backup unit.

Believing that this would be the most correct choice for Kishinami Hakuno.

However, even after losing the memories of the mind, the reminiscences recorded in the body survived.
    She - who was supposed to have forgotten everything and turned back into a normal AI - started to be shaken up by an unidentified emotion-value whenever speaking with Kishinami Hakuno.

On the other hand, the backup where the memories were moved to could not forgive such oneself, one day decided her own plans as BB - the rebel that disrupts the system of the Mooncell for the sake of a certain objective - and began to take action.

In real time, the timing when she seized the Far-Side of the Moon was "the end of the fifth round~prior to the start of the sixth round of the Holy Grail War".
    The four who had not been defeated yet - Kishinami Hakuno, Leo, Rin and Rani - and the irregular Jinako were, midway of the Holy Grail War, kidnaped to the Far-Side of the Moon while still alive.

After being defeated in the Holy Grail War, Masters such as Matou Shinji, Gatou and Julius were moved to the imaginary space "0.00001 seconds before" being annihilated by the Firewall, extending their momentary lives.

At any rate, C.C.C. is a dream seen by BB.
    If the one seeing the dream disappears, the world should return to the prior reality where nothing happened.

Also, this is a digression, but the ordinary scenery that Kishinami Hakuno saw as a nightmare in the beginning was an artificial paradise built with those abandoned 69 days as a model.
    After BB dragged Kishinami Hakuno to the Far-Side of the Moon, she enshrined him in the electronic brain of the old school building, threw him into a deep sleep and imprisoned him into a dream he could not wake up from.

Normally he would spend his time peacefully in that looping everyday, but due to his strong link with his Servant, or maybe Kishinami's will to reject that peaceful everyday, tears arose on the artificial paradise and Kishinami became aware of the abnormality.

BB attempted to reset the school building and start over the dream in order to once again throw Kishinami Hakuno into a deep sleep, but Kishinami also ended up escaping from that reset and jumping into the further depths of the imaginary space.

That was the bottom beyond even the bottom of the id.
    The "collective unconsciousness" beneath the unconscious.
    What saved Kishinami Hakuno, who ended up jumping into a territory that even BB could not reach out, was the voice of the Servant he shared his fate with.

Thus the contract was exchanged and Kishinami Hakuno woke up in the old school building that was left in the Far-Side of the Moon.

As I translated this, I couldn't not help but feel that Nasu has been reading the Light Novel Campione!
    There are simply too many similarities to be coincidence (like the use of terms of gods' authorities and Earth Mother Goddess...).

Just so you guys know, after this I'm planning on translating some of the material that we have on Gilgamesh.
    I also remember someone requesting for the Background section on Meltlilith's matrix, so that probably will come next.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I still think the whole 0.00000000001 seconds before deletion" stuff is kind of bullcrap, but oh well oh well.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    massive kudos to MoC

It is unknown what kind of principle・authority it is, but that power's origin lies in a past that even the King of Heroes, who was supposed to be mankind's oldest, cannot reach.
    Huh.

Those who were born in this land cannot oppose the authority of the maternal deity. Because that would be a rebellion against the system of life itself.
    However, at the moment when the infancy as intelligent beings is concluded - leaving the land and aiming for the cosmos - this authority may be defeated.
    Heh.
    don't quote me on this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Just a note.
    The Ten Crowns skill appears earlier in the game and after your MC gets the data from Robin, it's revealed to actually be Potnia Theron.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Indeed, thank you Master of Chaos!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Master of Chaos
    If you don't mind, How to learn Japanese by your side?
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

Blog Entries
    A pseudo-Holy Grail, but exactly because it is a fake Holy Grail that it became a "genuine" Holy Grail that grants the desires of humans regardless of right and wrong.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Looks like the fakers have been one-upped, lol.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!