Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Extra CCC Translations [SPOILERS]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks!>All. It looks like same situation of myself. Typing is little bit pain but no need to our brain, consume just typing time only. However, translation is more time consuming in our brain to convert from one to another language.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    It would actually be real nice if you could trans/summarize the three blocks of infotexts the SGs give and the Matrices?
    As promised, a summary. Or rather more of a list of points of interest.

I didn't go into detail about Enkidu's death scene and Gilgamesh's quest for immortality, partially because I wasn't confident in my ability to convey them in a summary and partially because I'm planning on posting translations in the near future.

Spoiler:
    SG 1 Conversation
    • Gilgamesh was a product of Gaia's Counter Force, but refused to do as he was told.
    • His body was designed by the gods; what this entails isn't elaborated upon beyond that it was "a body, by mortal standards, of the highest grade." The most concrete example we get of its effects is probably this line from the Interlude: "Since birth, this body has been incapable of forgetting."

SG 1: Keystone of Heaven (literal translation; the word "keystone" also has the connotations of something along the lines of "leash")
    • Although the gods had created him in an effort to maintain their hold over humanity and their relevance in a changing world, he "ended up becoming the point of the spear that dealt the final blow to the previous age."

SG 2 Conversation
    • Description of the fight between Enkidu and Gilgamesh. Origin of GoB.
    • As one with both divine and mortal blood, Gilgamesh perceived things that "not even the gods were capable of comprehending."
    • "I was born as a guardian of humanity. It is the duty of the king to lay the foundations for the
      future
      civilization
      of this planet.”
    • Enkidu's death scene differs significantly from the one in Fate/Zero.

SG 3 Conversation:
    • Gilgamesh only vaguely remembers his childhood and draws a blank when it comes to his younger self. (Setting up for the HA hanafuda game, but seemingly contradictory with what he said about being incapable of forgetting?) He says this is because of the overwhelming difference between their personalities and natures.
    • His quest for immortality, and his epiphany at the end of it.
    • "I returned to Uruk, completed the city and my vault, and found my rest." No mention in CCC of Gilgamesh destroying his kingdom, not even in the scene where Gawain contrasts him with Artoria.

Matrix Keyword 02: King of Heroes
    • "It would be no exaggeration to say that Gilgamesh's tale is the origin of all myths, and Gilgamesh the basis of heroes."
    • "Although there are a number of heroes who have the title of 'King of Knights' and 'King of Conquerors,' only Gilgamesh can lay claim to the title of 'King of All Heroes.'"

Matrix Keyword 03: Friend
    • "The clay doll created by the gods, Enkidu, was able to shapeshift at will and was Uruk's most potent weapon."
    • "Enkidu is an autonomous weapon created by the gods. To use a SE.RA.PH analogy, something close to an AI. Since he was complete from birth, he neither grows nor develops. Although he shapeshifted into different forms according to necessity, he usually took the form of an androgynous humanoid with long, shimmering hair of a pale green shade."

Personal Skill: Collector - EX

• "The talent for acquiring items of ever higher quality. Although his luck is such that he accrues even rare items easily, since this skill only affects Gilgamesh himself the Master receives no benefits."
    • "Rather than riches, it is more accurate to say that Gilgamesh stored in his vault the 'origins of human knowledge.' If there's something not in his vault, then it is either something created by a new humanity out of a completely new concept, or something created by an extraterrestrial civilization."
    • "Needless to say, his vault is also fully equipped with planes and submarines. Even B.C., human desires were no different."
    • Apparently there's an NP that he uses to recover what he fires from the Gate.

Last edited by Reiu; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    > "Needless to say, his vault is also fully equipped with planes and submarines. Even B.C., human desires were no different."

Man I used to joke about him having the world's greatest kitchen made of gold in there. Now it can only be true.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    SF!Enkidu's appearance confirmed. Bleh.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    F/SF now indisputable canon
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Enuma Elish

-The genesis of a planet is in the domain of gods. Ea's ability to rend the world and revert it to a primordial state makes its power pseudo-divine. (Sounds familiar? This is where Archetype's Regression to the Age of Gods goes back to).
    -It's true power is not meant to be used against one individual, but the World itself.
    -Apparently it does not just produce pseudo-fissures in space time, but it outright influences the flow of space-time and distorts space.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    "Needless to say, his vault is also fully equipped with planes and submarines. Even B.C., human desires were no different."
    lol.

Uruk is awesome.

Now I'm picturing Gil and Enkidu singing WE ALL LIVE IN A GOLDEN SUBMARINE~

Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post

• "Needless to say, his vault is also fully equipped with planes and submarines."
    <<Obrigatory Giorgio Tsoukalos meme here>>

Now is a matter of time... Fanboys will start saying Gil has Kill Sats and Super Quantum Computer bullshit...
    Nasu, what have you done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Birds fly
    Fish Swim
    Aozakis kill each other.
    Air permeates. Air can be felt, but not seen, moved, but not held.☾

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He has FTL spacecrafts, that shit is low tier.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    He has FTL spacecrafts, that shit is low tier.
    Wow
    Uruk was really something...
    I wonder why they were using swords yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Birds fly
    Fish Swim
    Aozakis kill each other.
    Air permeates. Air can be felt, but not seen, moved, but not held.☾

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So the NP recovery comes from one of the NPs huh? Always thought it was just an application of the "servants materialize and dematerialise their weapons" thing, but this means he could do it in his lifetime too.

So, do the walls of text in the SGs say something interesting? Are they gojust summaries of the secrets or are they going in more detail?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Wow
    Uruk was really something...
    I wonder why they were using swords yet...
    Probably because they were magic/godly or the swords themselves run on divine Uruk schizo-tech; that would explain why NPs generally ignore magic resistance.

Personnally i picture Uruk roughly around the way the original StarGate portrayed stuff.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    SF!Enkidu's appearance confirmed. Bleh.
    Pretty sure that was confirmed years ago.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry, since he is a shapeshifter, the next official fanfic writer can and will redesign him as they wish.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    There being a NP for retrieving things is also curious. Keysword for the gate, sure, but what's this other one? Candelabro of Thousand Golden Insurance Strings?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    so now he is a shapeshifter.. oh Nasu, did you come up with that just to circumvetn the trapness? i mean doesnt that mean his/its gender is now completely up to his/its whim?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    There being a NP for retrieving things is also curious. Keysword for the gate, sure, but what's this other one? Candelabro of Thousand Golden Insurance Strings?
    its his prized NP hair gel. thats why he always fights styled up like that.

Blog Entries
    But... he's always been a shapeshifting clay golem?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Now is a matter of time... Fanboys will start saying Gil has Kill Sats and Super Quantum Computer bullshit...
    Nasu, what have you done?
    So I'm guessing you haven't seen Prototype, then?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    But... he's always been a shapeshifting clay golem?
    ...he was?
    i honestly wasnt aware of that.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    ...he was?
    i honestly wasnt aware of that.
    I think it was said in F/SF. He was a golem-like creature that turned into the androgynous creature we know after meeting Shamhat.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nasu likes Narita so I guess it makes sense he'd officially adopt some of his ideas.