Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyrical Days

I have a good idea of what will happen. It involves a 9 year old screaming for her life; vomiting blood on the ground, bardiche may or may not broke, and the way she look at him when he draws near is exactly what you expect when someone points a gun at you at a very close distance.
    If I may add something onto this, I would like to say that an Origin Bullet may not have that much of an effect on Fate. While the reaction you said is typical for a child who is facing down with a, from her perspective, a very scary man with a gun, it is mentioned that a Linker Core is not the same as Magic Circuit. As an Origin Bullet is supposed to cripple Magic Circuits upon impact, it may or may not have the same sort of affect on a Linker Core. If it doesn't, we can expect just them having the affects of being hit by a really nasty bullet above all else......that is if they were to survive said shot.

- - - Updated - - -

If I may add something onto this, I would like to say that an Origin Bullet may not have that much of an effect on Fate. While the reaction you said is typical for a child who is facing down with a, from her perspective, a very scary man with a gun, it is mentioned that a Linker Core is not the same as Magic Circuit. As an Origin Bullet is supposed to cripple Magic Circuits upon impact, it may or may not have the same sort of affect on a Linker Core. If it doesn't, we can expect just them having the affects of being hit by a really nasty bullet above all else......that is if they were to survive said shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for double post. I'm new to this. ˄_˄”
    Over the Keel Mountains, Meets an ape with human speech. The ape asks, "What clings to you? Bear it—you cannot. Accept it—you cannot. But hidden—it is from you. Recite its name."

Quote Originally Posted by absolutezero001 View Post
    It's supposed to impose Kiritsugu's origin 'Sever and Bind' on the target's 'source of magic'.

There's no reason to believe it wouldn't be just as nasty as if an Origin Bullet struck a practicing magi.
    Last edited by Muramasa; June 13th, 2013 at 08:11 PM.

Must construct additional pylons chrnno's Avatar
    Indeed, as long as the source is the actual person it is going to hurt. I suppose in cases where it is something like ritual magic that never has any magic pass the person or where the person has tools/artefacts/others that require the person to charge and can't be used while are being charged it wouldn't hit the person. Still going to hurt something though.
    You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience? I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Unto my experience, Aldaris, all that you've built here on Aiur is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Conclave shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare.

Hm. Point there, but wouldn't it be a twist for Kiritsugu to find that his Origin Bullets have no effect on a Mage's Linker Core? I think that this will add a nice dynamic to it since Kiritsugu will have to rely on his other weaponry in order to assert himself upon a Mage.
    Over the Keel Mountains, Meets an ape with human speech. The ape asks, "What clings to you? Bear it—you cannot. Accept it—you cannot. But hidden—it is from you. Recite its name."

Hm. Point there, but wouldn't it be a twist for Kiritsugu to find that his Origin Bullets have no effect on a Mage's Linker Core? I think that this will add a nice dynamic to it since Kiritsugu will have to rely on his other weaponry in order to assert himself upon a Mage.
    You would have a hell of a time justifying that. We know origin bullets target other things besides a magic circuit (i.e it can be misdirected to hit a command spell instead). That's how Kirei defeated it.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Here's the thing. The way I see it a linker core is basically a big ole bladder of magic that replenishes itself over time, right? What happens when you patch a hole in a bladder in the worst possible way while still having it considered patched? It leaks like sieve. Directly into the person's body. I don't see nanoha magical folk getting away so easy. Origin bullets are cheating.

Worse case scenario: The linker core is rewired in such a way, it can't contain the magic properly. 'Pressure' starts to build inside the overloaded core and the thing explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    Until fraggle gives us another tease in which said conversation will fall to either derail or discussions which fall to Shirou and Nanoha's mentality.
    Still falls under that description xD

Flawless.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

A Dapper Young Gent The Walking Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    Worse case scenario: The linker core is rewired in such a way, it can't contain the magic properly. 'Pressure' starts to build inside the overloaded core and the thing explodes.
    Seeing a man vomiting blood while looking like someone poured liquid fire down his veins and basically having his nerves ripped apart along with his magic circuits (AKA Archibald) was downright gruesome to behold.

Now I'm imagining someone feeling heat build up inside their body and they try to let some of that power loose but just can't. Pain starts to build up later, confusion quickly turning into fear. Panic sets in soon after, trying to think, hoping to understand what went wrong. But then they eventually realize it just won't stop... dread like nothing else infuses into their being, making them feel helpless as the pressure keeps rising, their insides feeling hotter till it feels like they swallowed a miniature sun. Pain unimaginable racks them hard, deep into the core of their very soul until...

*BOOMSPLAT* A shock wave of pent up magic suddenly bursting out. Gore flying this way and that along with the organs and intestines as the overloaded core finally explodes violently.

Now that is... hmmm... whats the word I'm looking for?
    Last edited by The Walking Man; June 13th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    "I am the one who strolls down the path toward the end of days
    To that place over the horizon, covered in haze
    Until I reach it, I shall walk leisurely with my feet making a tap-tap-tap
    And all who hear the sound know that the Walking Man is back."

Spoiler:
    You may call me Walker

Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Man View Post
    Now that is... hmmm... whats the word I'm looking for?
    A truly beautiful story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

I'm fine with Precia being shot by an origin bullet that's all I'm saying.

Maybe one bullet for Chrono too just to be sure.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post
    Maybe one bullet for Chrono too just to be sure.
    Uhhhhh...

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Uhhhhh...

Why?
    Because killing child soldiers is all the rage nowdays.

You young kids and your Call of Duty.

In my day we had to crawl our way to a German trench! Both ways uphill! In the snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post

In my day we had to crawl our way to a German trench! Both ways uphill! In the snow!
    Here we go again! Old Man Santo started with his WWI stories and how easy we have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Call of Duty? I think you mean Metal Gear, unless there's a new announcement I haven't heard saying that CoD will also have killable child soldiers.
    Its the nano-machines son

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Here we go again! Old Man Santo started with his WWI stories and how easy we have it.
    You kids just don't know how good you have it!

Why in my day we had to break our back each day just to have enough lead to kill a damn Jap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Call of Duty? I think you mean Metal Gear, unless there's a new announcement I haven't heard saying that CoD will also have killable child soldiers.
    Noh! *c*

The Metal Gear is the one where you kill traumatized womenfolk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Its the nano-machines son
    You kids these days and your nano-whatzis.

You should learn from your ancestors!

We had bacteria!

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post

You kids just don't know how good you have it!

Why in my day we had to break our back each day just to have enough lead to kill a damn Jap.
    Oh stop complaining. You old timers had it easy!

I've had days where I have to walk a whole twenty feet just to find a working coffee machine! In black leather shoes!

Don't even get me started on how terrible that is when the air conditioning breaks down.

Noh! *c*

The Metal Gear is the one where you kill traumatized womenfolk.

Explain 7:40 - 8:20
    Last edited by Riven; June 14th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

Hideo Trolljima?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by VelspertheCat View Post
    “Reincarnate into a cooler cat. Maybe I'll give a damn then.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    "Live Slow, Die Whenever."
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    If I got a cent everytime I read "Mou~" in a Nanoha fic, I could buy a yacht and laugh at poor people.