Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: CM3 parts, do as you please (will do more if people like)

Blog Entries
    Did you miss the point that if ideal is a fantasy my point becomes inarguably true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Servant Class is a container that limits the Heroic Spirit's power(and thus the prana requirements to maintain them) according to a specific criteria.

Like Saber didn't have her dagger, spear and horse despite the real Arthur(ia) was in the possession of all. Same for certain stats, I guess like Heracles summoned as Archer would be limited in physical abilities compared to the Saber or Berserker classes.

Still, the point is: Servants aren't much weaker than Heroic Spirits.
    Also there are still no proofs that the Heroic Spirits had all their power in life, before dying and transfered to the Throne.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    "Sabre"? (among other British English spellings)
    Sabre isn't a "British English" spelling, at least in this context. It's just plain wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
    Servant Class is a container that limits the Heroic Spirit's power(and thus the prana requirements to maintain them) according to a specific criteria.

Like Saber didn't have her dagger, spear and horse despite the real Arthur(ia) was in the possession of all. Same for certain stats, I guess like Heracles summoned as Archer would be limited in physical abilities compared to the Saber or Berserker classes.
    Erm, you've got it totally the wrong way around here.

The class does not limit the servant, the limitations of the servant determine the class. Whilst being summoned and placed into a container does reduce their power, there is no evidence whatsoever that the reduction varies according to their class.

So where did go Saber's spear? Arthur had one.
    Or Lancer's sword? Cu Chunlain had one.

The class indeed limits the Heroic Spirits. Not really much in overall power, at least not officially.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Diarmund also had two swords.

Berserker's also missing lots of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Did you miss the point that if ideal is a fantasy my point becomes inarguably true?
    You said that all Heroic Spiritrs should be arund their lifetime abilities. Here:

eddy or some other wise guy tries arguing servants are stronger then they are in life normally.
    And then you said:

going from this statement, they almost always are.
    When the quote says

Normally it is considered ideal if a Servant can wield power at the level of the original Heroic Spirit
    Nobody can reach that ideal.

Edit: double posted >_>
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think those weapons just aren't materialised because (Heracles excluded) when you're going up against other heroes, you're gonna want to be at your best, and King Arthur with Excalibur, Diarmuid with two spears and Cu Chullainn with Gae Bolg are at their best.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

To begin with Cu Chunlain had not one but three spears IIRC.

Although I feel retcon with this whole "Servant container" thing. Nasu just didn't want to give bucket loads of magic items to each Servant (save for one shiny bastard) and now they made this all up to explain it in universe.

Blog Entries
    Nooooooooo, you got it wrong. See, eddy said he was arguing that servants weren't shittier then in life, you see, then I said they almost always are, because they have to have ideal specs to reach the life time ability assuming they are not berserkers or blackened. We are arguing the same point, but your reading comprehension needs work. Hyarion got it.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh wait. You're right. Whoops. I blame it on tiredness but okay.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Ah, no worries, I been there to, except it's drunkenness instead of being tired.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Sabre isn't a "British English" spelling, at least in this context. It's just plain wrong....
    Why is it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
    Although I feel retcon with this whole "Servant container" thing. Nasu just didn't want to give bucket loads of magic items to each Servant (save for one shiny bastard) and now they made this all up to explain it in universe.
    That's not a retcon. Hell, that isn't even a clarification.

Seriously, people, stop using retcon to describe something you don't like.

Blog Entries
    Hey, in my defense, I have only used retconned when I was arguing Len couldn't actually assume girl form and someone dug out a nasu interview when he said originally she wasn't supposed to then he changed his mind.

Yeah I am with Hyarion

We have known about the Classes being containers for the Servants since the original novel.
    Really I kind have wished I had registered on the old broad so I could tell you all how weird some of your collectively held beliefs are, they are not as self evident as you would have us believe.
    Example Saber not being able to attack while in Avalon, even though it is has never been stated in any of the translated material that she can not do so and I am pretty sure she would have died in the last fight if she had to leave its protection.
    Is it that hard to believe she can touch stuff that can not touch her? Servants can do that and you don't complain about that. I just always assumed it was like the Gnosis, only perfect.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Why is it wrong?
    Because it's not her name. She's called Saber, not Sabre.

She's called セイバー, not Saber.

Granted TM did romanize it as Saber, but Sabre is just as good. I'm not a big fan of holding "official romanizations" above everything else -- like the Altria thing, Koto mentioned that Nasu gave the name he was aiming at recently and it actually sounded a lot closer to Arturia (anyone have a link to that?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    She's called セイバー, not Saber.

Granted TM did romanize it as Saber, but Sabre is just as good. I'm not a big fan of holding "official romanizations" above everything else -- like the Altria thing, Koto mentioned that Nasu gave the name he was aiming at recently and it actually sounded a lot closer to Arturia (anyone have a link to that?)
    It actually sounds exactly like アルトリア, which I suppose might sound like "Arturia" to your vulgar ears. But yes, that's the argument I was working towards, since Mike seems to be saying that Saber is Saber because that's her name, but she isn't Altria because he doesn't like it.

Thanks for ruining my fun. D:

What's the class in Extra called?

Shouldn't that settle this?
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It actually sounds exactly like アルトリア, which I suppose might sound like "Arturia" to your vulgar ears. But yes, that's the argument I was working towards, since Mike seems to be saying that Saber is Saber because that's her name, but she isn't Altria because he doesn't like it.
    I realize Altria is a perfectly good romanization for アルトリア, yes. The issue is what Nasu was aiming at. Can't find a cache of the page I was looking for though, so... Koto, a little help here?

But yeah, since Saber and Sabre are just two different spellings with the exact same meaning and pronunciation I see no reason why they can't both be terms for the class セイバー.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, all the rest of the classes end in "er" (except Assassin, of course), and since "sabre" is type of sword (and a French sword, at that) as opposed to the name of what she actually is (as opposed to Archer, Berserker etc., which are groups of people which the person summoned (broadly) fits into), if you're going to lose the aliteration of having every name end in "er", you might as well call her "swordswoman", since that is what she actually is.