Thread: Tapatalk HD?

AggroAnnabelle

Tapatalk HD?

Hey guys/gals,

I usually post on most forums from my Nexus 7 using an app called Tapatalk HD, a popular thing for forum viewing on Iphones and Android and other mobile platforms. BL unfortunately isn't enabled for it, all that really needs to happen to turn it on is for the site admin to make an account and install the plugin.

I'd totally understand not installing it just based on this request from me alone, but there are perhaps other forum users that use this glorious application and maybe they also want it but have been scared to ask!

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Go to activate if you are the owner of this forum!

Blog Entries
    No, no, the mobile theme is all anybody could ever need, it's greahahaha, okay, couldn't finish that sentence with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    No, no, the mobile theme is all anybody could ever need, it's greahahaha, okay, couldn't finish that sentence with a straight face.
    I tried it once.

Once was enough.

I remember having this other app that was supposedly for forums but needed forum activation, probably it's this tapatalk thing.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Either that or I could look into possibly getting another mobile skin or something. I dunno.

Blog Entries
    I don't actually use Tapatalk, though, I only know it as that annoying popup I have to close every single time I go to a forum on my iPhone because apparently making it remember I clicked no thanks the last five hundred times I visited is just too hard.

AggroAnnabelle
    That only happens once per site, i'm not sure why it nags you for it each time. You must be an obsessive history / cookies / whatever eraser. But it really is the best app for displaying a forum on a mobile or tablet. No need to zoom in or scroll right left or any of that crap.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I read this as trapstalk HD. I'm either disappointed or relieved, not sure which yet.

Blog Entries
    No, I've just dropped my iPhone so much in so many varied situations that it can't hold more than a single tab in its memory anymore. It's basically like if that guy from Memento was a phone.

AggroAnnabelle
    Maybe i'll take a screenshot of what Tapatalk looks like , the forum where I consult with other writing and translation consultants uses it and it should be easy enough to display the image to you all so you can get a feel for it.

Blog Entries
    It would depend on how many forum users might want to use the forum while on the go, I have tried to do so in the past with varied results (the mobile skin, while funtional leaves a lot to be desired)

Darples! Quick! We need another poll to decide

As an addendum, it would be funny to see people getting autocorrected in the forum.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

AggroAnnabelle
    I don't really see any reason not to use it unless it's just me that wants it and it doesn't justify installing it. It takes less than 10 mins to set it up and it is free for the forum owner, and free for forum users (there is a paid version too for like 3 bucks). The current mobile skin is ok for browsing but very cumbersome due to having to zoom in to click on anything.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2785 View Post
    It would depend on how many forum users might want to use the forum while on the go, I have tried to do so in the past with varied results (the mobile skin, while funtional leaves a lot to be desired)

Darples! Quick! We need another poll to decide

As an addendum, it would be funny to see people getting autocorrected in the forum.
    Tobias, Mcjon, Leo, me, and a couple others post from phones all the time. Only one of them is awful at it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Break?

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    Break?

AggroAnnabelle
    I just got stock photos but here is what to expect:

Default view (themes are out there) with subforums on the left, posts on the right.

Here is the view for writing a post:

I've also been viewing the forum exclusively on my tablet since last month and I only had problems when I was using the WYSIWYG editor. It became much better when I switched to the basic editor (though it's a bit lacking)

I guess it can't hurt to get anther way of accessing the forum. I've used tapatalk on my phone a year ago and it's a pretty nice app.

Just now, I went to check BL from iPod to show screenshots of how the Reply field doesn't appear, but it seems to be fixed.