Thread: Your Shadow Sleeps, Kyrie Eleison

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries

Your Shadow Sleeps, Kyrie Eleison

Speaking of songfic...

I guess you could consider this a sort of lead-up to The Hearts of the Suffering.

Your Shadow Sleeps, Kyrie Eleison

I touch the sighs of May
    The calling voice of a thrush
    Crying peace in the sky
    Echoed until the end

The moonless night offered little light, but color blossomed all around. Wisteria hung like a cavern, and the lamp she carried illuminated flecks of white and violet cast like stars.

“If you had a sense of duty, you would have brought me to such a place,” Caren Ortensia said to no one.

She said to no one, because no one was an apt depiction even if he was here.

Within the heat-hazed eyes
    I found prayers and consolations
    As if a song
    Was born in the midst of silence

Nine years since she had seen him. Nine years since his dream had ended. She was the only one that could recall with clarity, the only one to have seen it from the outside: the struggle of Bazett Fraga McRemitz and her strange Servant.

Nine years since his violence and hatred, his fear and despair, his cynicism—and ultimately, his kindness—had spilled over into the world Caren knew.

“You would have taken responsibility,” Caren said, scowling, staring up at the canopy of color above her. “If your desire to live as one who is normal, you should have done such petty things in my name.”

At the very least, she would have made him do so. Whether he liked it or not.

Kyrie
    Since your voice resounds
    In the garden where recollections echo
    I wander through the midst of time
    Kyrie eleison

She passed through one end of the tunnel-like canopy to stare out into the dark sky. Though it was dim within her vision, the priestess could see the new moon hovering just over the horizon.

A dark moon, a black moon.

The description Shirou Emiya had given of the portal made by the Grail was of such, an orb of shadow hovering in the sky like a full moon’s negative image. Caren understood that image well, as it came unbidden to her mind. Occasionally, it would haunt her dreams or her wandering thoughts when in that place between wakefulness and sleep, a presence that she could recall, yet had never visited. A spring of overflowing shadow, like the moon cast light upon the world.

It had been in his mind’s eye as well, as far as she could know what dwelled within his thoughts. The only reach he truly had into the land of the living, the only influence he could exert in his desire to exist.

He wanted that to stay, wanted that to still be.

I fell in love nearby the murmuring spring
    In a garden of grief
    No one's around anymore now

Caren’s free hand went to her belly, to where the awkward way his desires had manifested about her body. She knew that dream world well, despite not having glimpsed it directly herself, for the memory echoed through her body. It stayed within her, about her, the same way a runner knew power to their legs or a wrestler knew strength to their arms.

She knew the pain, the anger, the hatred. She knew how much he despised everyone in this world. She knew he despised himself most of all.

She knew his desire, and she thought that as terrible as he was, it was fine for him to wish such things.

To the happiest place
    Inside your memory
    We could've gone
    Through the little road of thorns

She knew because even within that pain tearing through her body both from within and from without, she could perceive the sad little boy that was not to be, hidden beneath it all.

She knew that boy truly cherished what he had taken from that dream, even if what he had taken was merely an illusion.

After spending just a little time with another, she understood a few things about fakes and imitations.

It was, in the end, something she knew by feeling that pain, too. She experienced nothing in the world of reality, yet understood something in the midst of a world that no longer existed, if it ever did.

Kyrie
    Since the quietness engraved into my soul
    Sings as if it fell in love
    I carry it through the midst of time

There was a sense within her that knew this to all be growing again, returning to the point that it had known before. Less than a year, and it would be so once more.

And even if she knew it was right to seal him away forever, she knew it was not right to do so at the same time.

Kyrie
    In the garden where recollections echo
    Of the birds that sing about light
    And your shadow sleeps
    Kyrie eleison

“I pray that when the time comes, we can find you a new dream,” she whispered to no one.

For like her father, she had a desire for him to be born into this world, but unlike him, she did not wish it out of some twisted sense of justice.

It was only a small prayer that she held within her, one she refused to voice to anyone else.

Blog Entries
    Here is my only real issue with the piece:

The lyrics fit, but the song itself as of the version you linked to.. doesn't really capture the mood of the piece.

Otherwise, well done.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Just one question: Does Hearts of the Suffering follow from any one of the canon routes? If I have my Type-Moon lore right, the reason the Grail War repeats in a decade instead of longer is because of Excalibur destroying the Lesser Grail, so it can't follow from HF True, and since Shirou's presumably alive, not HF Normal either.

The Knight who tramples other people wish Castiel's Avatar
    Well, the sentence and the word you use is certainly beautiful, but for me it's kinda confusing. And yay for Avenger x Caren!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Fate/Extra CCC: where the nun is a ho, and the bro's are bros.