Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft/Warcraft General

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar

World of Warcraft/Warcraft General

Thought it would be interesting to make a Warcraft thread. I don't play WoW anymore, and haven't played in over a couple of years, but I keep up with the story as it really is brilliantly written and conceptualized. I played WoW for about 5 years before I quit, and honestly had a blast overall. I've met alot of friends who I keep up with now, and it was neat being experienced to the story in a first person. I did alot of endgame raiding, especially Pre BC and in Wotlk, and was a maintank for every guild I was in. My main class was Warrior, and most all the time I was Protection Spec. I had a priest too and discovered that in games like this I enjoy support classes the most.

Here are some old images of my warrior, although I thought she looked perfect at the time, and is part of the reason why I was satisfied quitting.

Anyways feel free to talk about speculation in Warcraft Lore, or talk/post about your characters you had or have, or the direction you think WoW is going in general.

Been playing the Warcraft franchise every since Warcraft 1. I used to play a raiding priest, back in the days when BWL was the final instance. But, raiding eventually felt like a second job, so I had to give it up. After all, it only paid in in-game gear.

Best part of the game was this item you got as part of a quest in Ashenvale, that made you look like a furbolg. I used to use that all the time during raids, so everyone would see this furbolg casting heals. The only problem was it broke if you took damage, so I had to make extra sure not to get hit. It was the biggest imbalance in the Alliance's favor, since the Horde couldn't get that quest.

Ahh I've always kept that Rod. BWL had some good times, always was my favorite raid.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Glory to the Alliance! Night Elves are my people and assassination is my forte.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've always thought Warcraft lore went down the drain a little while after WoW came out. I don't think the game ruined it, but that first expansion pack ruined the story for me when it took Illidan from Jerk Ass Anti-Hero to Insane Tyrant. And don't even get me started on what they did to the Blue Dragon Flight.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Well... poor Malygos went insane, though that wasn't the smartest thing to do.

I thought the MMO was a great step to progress the story, merely because it puts you inside of it and you're able to interact with the characters read about in the books. Now, I do agree with both your views on Illidan and Malygos. From what was presented in WCIII, Illidan shouldn't have been pure...EVIL...just crazy, I mean; even in Burning Crusade he was supposed to be against the Burning Legion, but for some reason just got mad at everyone so he was a raid boss. Then you have Malygos, who just shouldn't have been killed off so easily in the first place.

But overall, I thought it was a great experience to see the world we only got to read about. If something like that was done to Type-Moon, it would be pretty great.

Blog Entries
    Really, what happened to all of the Illidari pissed me off. Kael went crazy magic addict, a far cry from the idealistic lad who followed Illidan loyally. Akama went traitor, and only because Illidan went Evil Overlord for seemingly no reason.

Actually, I think how they essentially retconned all of Orcish history to make them good guys in Warcraft 3 is the biggest change in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Really, what happened to all of the Illidari pissed me off. Kael went crazy magic addict, a far cry from the idealistic lad who followed Illidan loyally. Akama went traitor, and only because Illidan went Evil Overlord for seemingly no reason.
    Pretty much. But there is something that I find pretty interesting. Here we have the dragon aspects, who were put on Azeroth by the titans to protect it from Evil, which at this point all stems from either the Old Gods, or Sargeras. So far, Malygos is dead, while Neltharion/Deathwing is insane himself, which will likely lead to his death too. After that, we will have Nozdormu, Ysera, and Alexstrazsa left. Nozdormu is already going insane, frantically traveling through time to stop his own death. So, what if we are driven to slay all of the aspects, or they die fighting each other, then the only force left to stop Sargeras are...the players? I just thought it a neat view on what they are going for in the story.

Toronto, somewhere. Canada is really big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    I've always thought Warcraft lore went down the drain a little while after WoW came out. I don't think the game ruined it, but that first expansion pack ruined the story for me when it took Illidan from Jerk Ass Anti-Hero to Insane Tyrant. And don't even get me started on what they did to the Blue Dragon Flight.
    THANK YOU FOR THIS. When I heard that, I was like, uh?

Also - yes, I play WoW, I have fun with it, but it really seems as if WCIII was the peak of the quality of writing. Sylvanas, Jaina and Tyrande have either been written super-badly or vanished into obscurity. All the grey areas are gone. I am le sad. And I'm not feelin' Cataclysm as much as I grooved on Wrath. It's like, Deathwing's a natural disaster, Lich King made shit personal and pretty much made you do everything for him... I'm not gonna lie, he scared the crap out of me a couple times. I'm not at that content yet but friends of mine film their raids, so - mmmmmyeah. Dude is a BAD, BAD MAN and he has so much fun being so. I don't know how they're going to top that.

I wish their writers would pay attention to loooooore. Blaaaaaah. Whine. Etc. Etc.

And I wish people would take faction rivalry less seriously. It's a pretendy funtime game, for cripes' sakes, you are not actually at war, you dang drama-wankin' squeakers. Stop being rude little arses and making all us players look like dingalings. Don't make me git mah smack-rod.

Blog Entries
    Did I mention Illidan and Malygos were my two favorites? That might have something to do with it.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

I thought the story behind Medivh was pretty damn cool.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=...Default=Search

Might be worth checking into if you are a Warcraft fan.

I really hate how they killed off the ox guy. Besides Malfurion, Thrall, Illidan, and Medivh, he was my favorite character of WCIII.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

The Ox guy? You mean Cairne Bloodhoof, the Tauren chieftain?

Yes, the ox guy.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I haven't played WoW, but I kinda liked Fate/Another II, an FSN map for Frozen Throne. Hilariously stupid at some points (lol Assassin can cut through Avalon, lol Invisible Air doesn't hit Assassin, lol Archer's specials are all insanely weak other than UBW and Hrunting), but it's pretty good.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Screw it, necroing this.

Does anyone still play WoW on the US realms? Currently bored and willing to help people out in SoO LFR/Flex or older content at any difficulty. Not a big fan of ranked pvp grinds though so can't be of much help there.

Here are my current characters:

Warrior

Druid

Death Knight

マリーの味方
    I play on Zuluhed-US. Though I haven't cared much about raiding beyond experiencing the story in a long time, the last time I raided seriously was back in early-WoTLK.

My main: Hunter. Gear is shit and isn't even enchanted/reforged/gemmed properly, because like I said, I don't raid anymore. I remember how I used to look down on people who didn't max/min, so it's kind of embarrassing. -_-

Have a bunch of other characters but most of them are still 85. I only really subbed once for each major content patch this expansion. For reference, my "alliance main" who is even shittier.