Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Zelda Franchise

Dude, where'd you get that picture? I want to track down the thread.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

I got it on Reddit
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Finally started Skyward Sword, after some difficulty. I'm having fun. I think I'm going to like this one better than Twilight Princess.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/15...ory-of-hyrule/

Wat.

We're seriously getting something that, at least as far as I can tell, resembles an official timeline? I don't think I have a reaction pic suitable for this if this is true.

Prepare for massive butthurt from all those oh so clever people on the Internet who can make youtube videos explaining how they aren't an idiot like everyone else.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    The bumping of this topic reminded me that every Delza game from here on out will be motion controls only. I weep, for it means my adventures with Link ended at Twilight Princess.

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. Picked up Skyward Sword and started playing it, and immediately remembered why I love SSBB and Kirby more than pretty much any other Wii titles. THEY DON'T HAVE YOU FUCKING MOVING THAT PIECE OF SHIT WIIMOTE.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

I actually like it. Like any other controller, once you've mastered some of the finickyness, the controls are really simple and immediate for the most part, except for the dramatic bits which are excruciating on purpose, like pulling or putting swords into things.

The only thing I can really complain about is diving, but let's face it, it'd be literally impossible to implement any other way considering the controls available.

I do miss Z lock on for ranged weapons though. As far as I'm concerned, Skyward Sword's way better than Twilight Princess.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The only complaint that I have is that the boss rush hurt my wrist...other than that Al likes the controls~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

So that official timeline I mentioned a while back, its out it seems and here is what it says as according to some guy who claims he can translate
    http://kotaku.com/5869993/this-might...zelda-timeline
    lines up pretty much with how I thought it all went down, though the three way split was unexpected. I will know publicly mock that one guy who insisted the Minish cap couldn't come before Ocarina of Time.

Edit: it's kind of funny because one of the common facets of the Zelda universe we took for granted, that Ganon will always come back, really isn't all that true. In this meta-timeline he only comes back once in two timelines.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Al always thought that Minish Cap was the earliest one~ (Up until Skyward Sword)

But I won't completely trust that timeline until it gets confirmed somewhere...
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

I think either Miyamoto or Iwata said it came before Ocarina of Time in some official interview so that's why I was always confident.

Edit: now that I think about it I guess Ganon comes back in Four Swords Adventure as well, never played the Four Sword games, unless Minish Cap counts.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    I'm never going to be able to think of Minish Cap and the Four Swords games as anything more than gaiden games, regardless of what official timelines or Nintendo have to say on the matter.

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    That artwork on the first page is awesome...I got goosebumps and almost shed a tear...I wonder how long it took to make that ;_; Being able to do art like that only fills my dreams...

I've been into Zelda since I got OoT - we didn't have a N64 until really close to the end of its life and I managed to get a copy (as we did with most of our games for that consol) second-hand. I never played MM until the Zelda collection came out on the GC and I still haven't completed it yet...I'm hung up on the Swimming Race mini-game/sidequest...

My bro got WW and I haven't finished that either because I prioritised my Uni studies at the time and he managed to complete it. I found the art style jarring and didn't like it at first until it grew on me and I adore its look...but my bro forgets that and only brings up how I didn't like it. Honestly *sigh*

TP I liked very much and I've started SS, but I've barely made any progress because my bro wants to watch for the lulz and he spends most of his time doing Uni work, taking breaks for a few hours close to my bed time :/

I've played some of the titles on the handheld consoles, but never finished them and it's been so long I can't remember what I thought about them...
    Fic's
    Wishing Upon The Sun (Fate/Guyver) - Updated: 11/04/12
    Broken on the Rocks - Updated: 20/07/12
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 3: NTRNTRNTRNTRNTR

You know what I just realized? The backstories for the Links in the Oracle games and in Link's Awakening both describe a Link who has already saved Hyrule from Ganon (at least in Link's Awakening I know it was Ganon I guess the Oracle games it could have been something else because I don't remember it that well), and in Link's Awakening he was preparing for another fight with Ganon that he just knew was coming. So with the assumption that this timeline is correct, the Link that we first met in Link to the Past may be the same one from the Oracle Series, Link's Awakening, AND (assuming he actually fought Ganon again like he thought he would) the first Legend of Zelda. Holy Cuckoos that Link has some serious dedication, apparently the Triforce of Courage gives you Battle Continuation A++ (though considering the punishment he can take in each game that isn't surprising).
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Can't believe I forgot to put this here.

And for those not in the know, the Japanese clearly states "She is your destiny" or something like that. Localization, more like LOLcalization.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I know this was already talked about in some other threads but this is now happening. Please let the convention rethinking be substantial and have good results. And I like how they decided to update the visuals of the Legend of Zelda that have aged the best. It looks gorgeous but still.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well I for one like it. Then again, someone (most likely my little cousin but eeeh), lost my Wind Waker sop…

Also, Majora's Mask 3DS where?

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Wind Waker is probably my favorite Zelda so I won't complain. Kind of wish they would add back in the two dungeons that didn't make the final cut but that seems unlikely.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Also, Majora's Mask 3DS where?
    Mothefucking this, My favorite Zelda of all time.

Do it Nintendo, what the hell is stopping you, the only thing coming out for the 3DS is Luigi's Mansion.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

^
    because they already did Ocarina of Time 3DS. Gotta save Majora's Mask for the next handheld.

I didn't realize that Wind Waker came out 10 years ago. I feel old now. Oh and there will be some "gameplay enhancements" (??? I'm not sure how without modifying level or enemy design as well since the controls were solid) we've been told.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」