Page 242 of 302 FirstFirst ... 142192232237240241242243244247252292 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    With the way you guys are talking up Maddening, I can't wait to finish my NG+ Azure Moon and Crimson Flower Hard Mode runs before doing an NG+ Maddening Silver Snow, an NG+ Maddening Verdant Wind, and then a fresh NG Verdant Wind, still Maddening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    i just came back to Three Houses yesterday to my BL lunatic, did a red canyon map
    went surprisingly well, first try with only 2 divine pulses used (and second use could be avoided entirely if i didnt decide to get a bit greedy and kill additional mook instead of focusing down the boss right away)
    3 combat-ready units in form of Byleth Dimitri Felix trio, Dedue for tanking + Annette to turn even Ingrid into viable unit early on
    is one hell of a difference with Silver Snow

Also, on a random note, I somehow in my Azure Moon playthrough have managed to get Rhea's C-Support despite being unable to do so in my previous playthrough.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, question. I am playing Azure Moon, and as things are currently, I have maxed out Ingrid's Class EXP for the Pegasus Knight class, yet because I am an idiot, I don't have high enough weapon levels to take any of her available Advanced Certifications. Is it alright if I simply don't promote her to an Advanced Class and wait for her to take the Falcon Knight certification?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Wow Necrodragon looks really cool and better than the one in WoW
    Looks a bit scary
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    lunatic azure moon continutes
    First DK fight, complete sweep in favor of Annette - Byleth - Dimitri tagteam
    Rally op
    other news though
    My Byleth is speedscrewed
    My Dimitri is also speedscrewd
    my Ingrid and Sylvaine dont get offensive stats at all
    And only Felix being the tryhard he is keeps getting impeccable STR/SPD level ups every time

- - - Updated - - -

i guess i know who gets to fuck me at the end of the game!

So that's how one goes about defeating a Maddening Death Knight without Dark Spikes T?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    get you death blow on dima

speed don't matter if everything dies in one hit
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much
    You need to tank one hit with Byleth, heal up, and then kill DK with either very strong Byleth one-shit or using Byleth to do a second harassment attack and finish DK off with your other strong hitter
    You pretty much need Annette as she provides +8 damage against DK with her rally
    You cant get her to C+ authority outside of Azure Moon so no Speed Rally for you, and i dont think support Ignatz gets it
    Golden Deer can and probably should use Ignatz-Raphael Speed-Strength Rally combo and you can finish with Byleth or Lysithea
    Silver Snow / Crimson Flower is kinda difficult, its probably Byleth + recruited Annette + recruited Lysithea (might need to redo month prior to that mission to get them to join randomly during the week and ofc pump their hearts asap, you should have B support by the time that month rolls around). Tank with Byleth, hit with Byleth and finish with Lysithea under Hubert's Rally
    Crimson Flower might actually not be that hard, since Edelgard might just axe him since DK doesnt get dodge bonuses that way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    get you death blow on dima

speed don't matter if everything dies in one hit
    i'm not sure if i'm going Brigand this playthrough
    i first planned making everyone an archer for +20 hit passive
    but then i decided to just go 2 different weapons instead because i suddenly wanted to play Wyvern Squad again
    so we're going Wyvern Squad, only non flier will be Mercedes because healers only get horses in this game
    But going full flier means getting Alert Stance+ on everyone
    i think i'll go more enemy phase skills this time, Vantage, Alert stance, maybe still get Archer +20 hit and just minmax hit/dodge/breaker skills for max hit/avoid ratings

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i guess Mirianne will be Holy Knight too. And Lysithea is going Dark Knight, even with March Ring Gremory is too slow. And Holy Knight Bernadetta I'm still without recruits yet since i'm leveling my flying skill on leftover activity, kinda unusual.
    So 4 cavaliers, 1 dancer and everyone else is flying unit

Oh and Ashe is getting boar'd so i can make space for Mirianne and not exceed my 12 unit limit

You and your hatred of pur boi continues to amaze me. Also, Ignatz gets Rally Speed from Authority, and Raphael gets Rally Strength? Good to know.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rally Skills

Strength: Annette (Personal Skill), Raphael (D), Alois (D), Ignatz (S)
    Magic: Hanneman (Pers.), Hubert (D), Ingrid (D)
    Dexterity: Ferdinand (D), Ignatz (C+)
    Speed: Ignatz (D), Annette (C+), Hubert (S)
    Luck: Alois (Pers.), Flayn (D)
    Defence: Seteth (D), Gilbert (D)
    Resistance: Annette (D), Hubert (C+), Seteth (S)
    Charm: Dorothea (D), Manuela (D), Edel/Dima/Claude (S)
    Movement: Byleth (S), Annette (S)

With her Personal, Annette is the most potent rallyer in the game, with up to four, including Movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I had to avoid the Death Knight in New Game Maddening with Crimson Flower. Nothing we could do was working. Hell, I still can't get past Miklan without someone dying and none of my units have reached Level 10.

Not to mention I got stat screwed so hard that I'm not sure its worth it.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    I had to avoid the Death Knight in New Game Maddening with Crimson Flower. Nothing we could do was working. Hell, I still can't get past Miklan without someone dying and none of my units have reached Level 10.

Not to mention I got stat screwed so hard that I'm not sure its worth it.
    This seems to be a theme for your playthroughs. I honestly pity you.

Blog Entries
    i fucking hate how open doors pops up first item on action selection menu
    i click it every time when i'm trying to heal a character
    and i hate underground chamber chapter so fucking much

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Guys is veteran only give permanent death or there's something else like higher stats for the enemy for example?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Second DK fight is actually pretty tough because you dont get the luxury of open field and due to limited size of the roster
    ended up just letting him attack me twice and killed him on 3rd turn
    Wanted to let Felix end DK because he can actually hold steel weapon and not get doubled anymore by DK but he missed and ate a crit unfortunately
    entire chapter is so fucking obnoxious really

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    This seems to be a theme for your playthroughs. I honestly pity you.
    In the other playthroughs it didn't bother me because the enemies didn't dodge hits close to 80% commonly. It took 49 turns to beat Miklan's stage without losing anyone, and I had to get tactical in every sense of the word. Also, never before have I loved Petra as I do now. Dodge-tank MVP.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Blog Entries
    i played miklan's map yesterday and apparently pulling archers early pulls the entire fucking map your way
    it gets actually fairly interesting until you finish and then you have to run forever to him but i guess thats one way to deal with the slog
    partially

something went horribly wrong and i got slaughtered by the Deer
    specifically by Hilda because i am speed screwed and she doubles me
    thats a new one i guess, time to round 2

Blog Entries
    okay, two hours later i am done with battle royale
    turn 1 stride on that map does seem to be more optimal than turn2 full-squad stride because you have to face less enemies that way
    especially if you bait Ignatz north so he doesnt snipe your squishies

Hilda took out Dedue though

Hilda! Hilda!

Hilda is best retainer.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 9 of Blue Lions
    3 Stride batallions get! Basic ones, Galatea Pegasi, and knights from the shop
    Retribution get
    Impregnable Wall get
    Duskur Heavy Squad is fucking bonkers, 10 fucking PROT makes Dimitri invincible agaisnt phys damage

Blue Lions is the most busted house no contest

Made my way through Dedue, Sylvain, Sothis and Ingrid paralogues early on without that much of an issue (Dedue paralogue was pretty tough)
    Felix next

Only issue i am now having is that i still miss 2 recruits for some reason even though B rank was reached long ago with Berniebear
    So i guess i'll bench Ashe and use Flayn in the meantime