Page 252 of 302 FirstFirst ... 152202242247250251252253254257262 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    You’re missing out imo, the strong chara writing is the biggest improvement over recent games but it only shows its worth in the not-Byleth x not-Byleth supports.

JP Friend Code
    I already saw a lot of those from watching multiple LPs prior to buying the Switch so no rush. Eventually as I replay the game for hundreds of hours I'll get all of those unlocked cuz I have completionist mentality. I aim to abuse NG+ benefits for those anyways so first round is mostly to set the ground work for the NG+.

So I started the DLC and the maps are real slog. I'm on chapter 3 atm and fuck that map.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is probably the last time, so it might be a moot point, but while free DLC was installed automatically, I had to redownload each time that I needed to install paid DLC.

JP Friend Code
    Finished the DLC. That is some TM plot right there.

Blog Entries
    Hilda crits DK for 162 damage without any outside help
    Marianne flies around skewering half the map worth of innocent villagers on her lance

I may have done something i shouldnt have

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Finished the DLC. That is some TM plot right there.
    How many battles is it?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    How many battles is it?
    7 chapters. Maps are not that hard, just annoying.

Blog Entries
    Hapi / Balthus paralogue is the gayest shit ever holy fuck

Blog Entries

yfw when you realise that Marianne's paralogue is nothing but a farming grounds to get your last 2 team members of Dark Flier Squad up to speed

P.S. I liked the escape map in DLC, other than that its pretty meh, gameplay-wise

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yuri reminds me of GBF's Yuisis, and the side story's final boss reminds me Dies Irae's Trifa.

Blog Entries
    Verdant Wind Lunatic done

i've minmaxed too much and not enough at the same time
    could make use of the borked dlc batallions but nah
    flying 5 range thermonuclear weapon Lysithea is absurd

too lazy to sort pics, here's the album

Bonkers Lysithea, crazy good Marianne (she fell off later somewhat but her first half of the game was extremely good, Frozen Lance OP)
    Special middle finger to Leonie though! and her STR growth, it wasnt even funny, useless shit
    Hilda and Claude we're ok

I've tried cooking Mage Lorenz properly but he surprisingly sucked. I mean poison strike is good and all but he cant really kill shit at any point of the game, i was dissapointed kinda.
    Not sure how to build him, he seems to suck no matter what i do

Raph is okay in armor with a killing bow but honestly slow units deserve to be guard adjutants

I guess i'm dont with 3H for a while
    I kinda want to try Ironman Lunatic SS with even more minmaxed builds
    Ignatz is kinda useless

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Armours suck in 3H; should've made him a War Master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    They arent bad though, but you need to make a right unit into armour class
    Raphael is just a bad unit because he has no speed

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Gauntlet users don't need speed. WM bases and maybe a stat booster or two should let Raph quad monsters and armours all the way to endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

That base defense boost from going armour/fortress knight suddenly doesn't look so bad when you're already guaranteed to get doubled by every enemy no matter what. With the plentiful movement boosting options in 3H, armored low move doesn't even matter much either.

Blog Entries
    He is never gonna quad any monsters lol, monsters are fast when not disabled (and literally everyone can murder disabled monsters)
    Armours are killed by every mage in the game without retaliation from 3 range
    Even assuming Raph quads armours he is still probably eating retaliation strike and he is tanky but not that tanky
    also getting doubled is death unless your def/res is really fucking high
    i liked my GK Sylvain even though he wasnt perfect but he had good stats and i used boost def/res items on him

I only like armours who have decent spd/res in spide of their class
    Also Raph is generally a pain to deal with early on because no speed and not many options

Banned
    Blog Entries
    While she is not physically my type, I like Constance, personality-wise, given that she is a fallen noble wanting to regain her status, which IMO makes her superior to nobles, who never lost their better lives, sitting on their laurels and commoners, who never had a better life, content with their lot in life. To put it another way, craving is beautiful, as Dies Irae taught me that craving leads to hegemony, and hegemony leads to growth. Edelgard's Empire allows for such class mobility (or at the very least, lessens the barriers of entry), while Dimitri's Kingdom just makes everyone satisfied where they currently are.

Edelgard's Empire would remove class entirely and base it on merit... except the people who would be best suited would be the ones better educated, which are nobles who can afford that (barring exceptional cases and prodigies). It'd just change things to where instead of Crests determining everything, you have the rich doing it. Ferdinand had to explicitly point that out and propose a public school system to her in order to give it a chance. Not to mention there are a number of ways that system can be compromised and what would happen to those who can't measure up to a merit based society that makes it little better to me than the crappy Feudalism system. The Crests really only affect the nobles in the first place, so it just pushes it from all nobles being on top to the nobles with crests being on top of the nobles without it.

That being said, Constance is a decent character. Though her sullen form reminds me a little too much of Marianne and a little of Bernie, which leads me to wonder if Ferdinand has a type...
    Last edited by Twi; February 23rd, 2020 at 11:45 PM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But that's just it. Ferdinand's views contribute to Edelgard's. Even Edelgard herself says that she is open to other opinions to better her base system. As for being compromised... That's literally all systems. I don't know a system that can't be cheated.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hot damn, Lysithea. During the Battle of Tailtean, I was planning to have Edie finish Dimitri off, but first, I had Felix weaken him. However, Lysithea, as Felix's adjutant, stole Edie's kill. Power of sweets for ya. In other news, I really feel like juxtaposing these 2:

JP Friend Code
    Except that the 2 characters and the themes are not even similar.

Rhea is Kingu and Sothis would be Tiamat in term of equivalence, minus the fact that non of them seek to destroy humanity.

Basically in Rhea's case what you did was just killing Kingu.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; March 2nd, 2020 at 05:33 AM.