Page 225 of 302 FirstFirst ... 125175215220223224225226227230235275 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also on NG+ Lions. Still in first half tho because carrying over professor rank means looooads more exploring and battles
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

マリーの味方
    I played basically non-stop when the game originally launched, beat BE within a week and then did NG+ Church right after. I haven't played for a few weeks now though, decided to take a break after that.

Blog Entries
    finishing church today or maybe in a couple days
    and i already beat 3 others

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

1-turned final map, althought it was certainly a challenge (not really, would be way easier if i didnt skip last month of grinding because 1 of my fliers was short 1 spd for x4 brave axe
    and other 2 could use couple more levels as well

also Thunderbrand is fucking broken

i am done but i want more
    lunatic when

also, church finale makes no sense, not by itself but
    GD and Church finales are literally misplaced and if you swap them it would make both routes so much better
    like what the fuck why
    it makes so much more sense for GD finale to be the Church finale and C finale be in DR finale

spoilers ahead, beware
    Spoiler:

church finale is nonsense

I thought it would be GD rehash, but instead it felt like Church was made first and then rehashed for GD
    I liked that we actually kill those who dubstep in the dark

but VS Rhea finale WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE IN GD
    and VS Nemesis finale WOULD MAKE WAY WAY MORE SENSE IN THE CHURCH

WHY ARE THEY SWAPPED
    IT MAKES NO SENSE

THE FUCK

----

Can i have a route where i oppose Edelgard but then i keep her with me with the power of love and tell her everything will be OK and then we go dab on those who dubstep in the dark
    and then we off Nemesis with the power of lesbians right after

we can even put down Rhea somewhere in between
    please

other than that its a sweet fucking route, a lot better than i expected
    not sure how to feel about all the routes now that i played all of them and can compare
    there is just so many upsides and downside to each route i'm geniunely confused and cant rank then
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; August 25th, 2019 at 09:11 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Playing echoes right now. I really like the characters design
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *inb4 Three Houses has a Fates Revelation like route for DLC*
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't that the Church Route?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Claude route is the one with most revelations
    Church has less overall but more in depth ones regarding church happenings
    game is also fairly complete when all 4 routes are taken into account
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; August 26th, 2019 at 02:09 AM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    It wont get a revelations route, that was confirmed by devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    ok that's kind of straight up spoilers

but I'm pretty sure Edelgard also hates her for the whole "obey the church or DIE" thingy she has going on
    Church attitude is basically do whatever you want except terrorism and trying steal WMD. That's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Playing echoes right now. I really like the characters design
    Echoes was what got me into the fandom, but three houses is my current favorite.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Echoes has such great art and overall I really enjoyed it. Maps were so-so, but the presentation and everything restored my faith. Especially that they didn't shove an Avatar in there. As for Three Houses that was fun so far, although for me it already showed it's problems for me as opposed to classic Fire Emblem by Month 6 when I just got fed up with the Monastery and doing so much legwork. I still really wanted to see all the dialogue and return lost items. But I think it's just not for me. Got tiresome over time. I know they have a skip button, but I'd just feel like I was missing out on that tutoring if I used that. Another negative for me are the classes it's just awkward by the time you reach advanced as there's some things not present like a lance class on foot and that Swordmaster and co. only have 5 move.

So the Master Classes really limited what you could do there. Mortal Servant is nice and all, but magic tends to be better in Fire Emblem so you want to use that in that class and then it begs the question why not just use Dark Knight aside from a Lance weakness, but I got Wyvern Lord for Dedue so even that works. The classes just feel a bit too limited for the flexibility the characters have. My last run was just a Wyvern Lord op fest and while it was fun to have some Sword and Lance Wyverns they'd probably be even better if they used Axes, since I think Wyvern Lords have Axefaire. Although I'm being so negative I do like this game. The story was fun for me and I'm pretty positive about the next one. Also I'm just really bad at listing positives I guess. I played Blue Lions first and that was my favorite run too. I'm probably just a bit drained.

Oh also the way I played answered my questions nicely. Recruited Lysithea in my Blue Lions run, which led to me wondering after a certain scene and seeing her A support. And it sorta continued like that.
    Last edited by Malgos; August 26th, 2019 at 06:27 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    who exists solely in your head
    Odd. We have gameplay here:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is this the first game where Spells are just 'X per encounter rather than having the same durability as other weapons? Because I'm liking it way more than other games I've tried. That and the Persona-fication makes me care about the characters so much more (or maybe it's just quicker) than the other ones.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Is this the first game where Spells are just 'X per encounter rather than having the same durability as other weapons? Because I'm liking it way more than other games I've tried. That and the Persona-fication makes me care about the characters so much more (or maybe it's just quicker) than the other ones.
    I believe so in regards to the spells. I know they took the idea for Divine Pulse from Mila's Turnwheel (which is easily the best quality of life improvement), but they didn't keep the HP cost to cast the spell from Echoes. Which is probably for the best considering Lysithea has so little of it that you have to master her basic class just to give her an additional 5 Hp so she doesn't die in a single hit. I'm also happy they corrected probably the biggest problem in Echoes with the Supports. Seriously, there was a drought of them in Echoes (especially with Faye and Kliff, which I thought would make a decent pair and thus wrote a fic about it called The Sage and the Saint), so I'm glad they went all out with Three Houses... even if post-time skip Dorothea depresses me.

Especially if you recruited her but not Ferdie.

Edit: For Clarity, I don't mean like Fates-tier Supports and characters who were mostly kind of hollow, but something that really fleshes out the characters. You'd never guess why Ferdie was religious (and did so well with Choir) unless you supported him with Marianne, or how much of a good boy Ashe is despite doing what he had to earn that lockpick skill of his, or why Leonie is so obsessed with Jeralt that I'm surprised they didn't give her to male Byleth as a free recruit like female Byleth gets Sylvian.
    Last edited by Twi; August 26th, 2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I agree that there were not enough supports in Echoes, especially with Kliff and Silque, who both had one each, though I think that says a lot about both of them.

As for the Three Houses supports, I have liked most of the ones I have read, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Echoes is fun enough but the lack of weapon/spell triangle and the dearth of supports (understandable, given that it's a remake) go a long way to making it not feel like a Fire Emblem title (bla bla old FE titles bla bla this is the series' core identity now though). The whole "split party until the very end" makes building your own army kinda difficult as well (Alm is swimming in cavalry while Celica gets, what, two units the whole run, not counting Pegasi? Meanwhile Alm won't get a decent mage 'till Delthea). Still worth going through once, I guess.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lol weapon triangle

It was never a core mechanic in anything except heroes. And not getting to micromanage classes isnt a negative. Use who you have.

As well recieved as 3H is, I hope it doesnt stick with the flexible class changing system and goes back to fixed classes for units. This is fine as a one off but veers too close to raising simulator for my tastes.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I've never played Heroes, and I'm pretty sure the weapon triangle was still a core mechanic in every FE game since... Genealogy, I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Unless by "not core mechanic" you mean "there are ways to get around it" in which case sure, but that's also part of the mechanic. Heck, Reavers are a thing.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I will make a list for you of the relevance of WT in every FE game

FE1: none because it didnt exist
    fe2: none because it didnt exist
    Fe3 (arguably THE fire emblem game): none because it didnt exist
    Fe4: fairly relevant because it debuted here, but swords>>>all so mostly only important early-mid game and nearly irrelevant for magic because the balance was wack
    Fe5: basically nonexistant, only 5%
    Fe6: actually significant here because accuracy was bad
    FE7: less important than FE6, mostly unimportant after mid game
    Fe8: even less important than FE7
    FE9: basically irrelevant because forging and axe superiority
    Fe10: same as FE9
    Tearring saga: none cus it doesnt exist
    Berwick saga: havent played
    Shadow dragon/new mystery: dont recall it mattering much because forging and being tied to weapon rank
    Awakening: basically irrelevant outside of early game because of stat inflation and wonky balance
    Fates: didnt play
    3H: breaker skills are ok but not impactful, arguably hp+5 is better overall

So yeah, its a thing but not a key component of FE or anything. Id put WT on the same level as canto and rescue in terms of importance