Page 247 of 302 FirstFirst ... 147197237242245246247248249252257297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    C'mon, it's easy enough to get her down to 1 HP leave it at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really do not like Jeritza, and even if he is an ally in CF, I'd still want to kill him. Dude willingly endangered his students while he was a teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really do not like Jeritza, and even if he is an ally in CF, I'd still want to kill him. Dude willingly endangered his students while he was a teacher.
    I didn't know how to do it..... In awakening I only need to approach them, here I need one enemy to survive when she's shooting fire..... geez I'm gonna get her after finishing this save file first
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post

- - - Updated - - -

By kidnapping Flayn, you mean?

Not just kidnapping Flayn, but also delighting in the possible murder of his students when they venture down into the sewers and horribly injuring a colleague. Oh, and his gleeful participation in the first battle at Garreg Mach. All of that goes against one's duty as a teacher. He was trusted to keep the kids safe, and he spit on that.

However, upon reading spoilers about Jeritza's actual deal, I will admit the dude probably needs help more than anything else. Heck, I'll definitely let the whole family massacre thing slide.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Most of his appearances during the Academy phase have him basically not attack anyone, unless attacked first, though. As for the first battle of Garreg Mach, well, on CF, his appearance is a boon, not a bane, but I do get where you're coming from. Would it help if he helped to carry Mercedes's potatoes?

Kinda, but not much. He's still a monster, or at least the Death Knight is. He should turn himself in or get help, which I've heard he does in some ending? Actually, when it comes to exemplary behavior as a teacher by the non-Byleth staff, Manuela takes the cake since she really takes her job of protecting and nurturing her charges seriously, even if she's a hot mess herself.

Oh, and I nearly forgot his habit even before 1179 of going on nightly walks and kidnapping students as the Death Knight. Also, if we could in fact recruit Jeritza outside CF, I'd be more willing to give him a chance.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'll pass on that kind of sappy redemption story, though. If any, the only reason for a playable Death Knight was to show that scary, skull knight isn't just here to hurt you, but to help you. It's like how people (myself included, admittedly) are salty about no playable Rhea, despite her being a boss in CF. It's like God is there only to punish you, not to help you.

Eh, I don't really care about Rhea being playable, but the reason I say I'd like Jeritza better if he were playable outside CF is that his current status shows that no matter his better angels, he's still unquestionably devoted to Edelgard's cause, like Hubert, and that doesn't do anything to endear him to me because I think all of them are horribly misguided at best.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Given that Edie's English VA also does Wang Yuanji and Hubert is literally non-Chinese Jia Chong, doing CF is basically Jin route Dynasty Warriors for me. Alternatively, CF Byleth is the Enkidu to Edie's Gilgamesh (see how I want Tiamut to be dubbed by Cherami Leigh in the Babylonia anime's English dub). And that's cool.

For me, CF is basically if Geneology had an Arvis route, and while that may be good in some ways, it all ends up with a bunch of sacrificed lives, broken dreams, and nothing much to show for all that sacrifice. Really, I don't find CF's endgame to be worth it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, Edelgard's goal is the unification of Fodlan and the weakening or restructuring of the Church. Regardless of who wins, this is an inevitability. By starting the war, Edelgard has already won. In that same vein, the Alliance, the closest thing to a Republic (well, in this case, it's your count that votes, rather than your vote that counts), is disbanded no matter who wins.
    Edit: I know that I have the paid DLC because I'm currently using the maid outfits. That being said, how does one actually unlock Anna?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 14th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Thing is, Edelgard's goal is the unification of Fodlan and the weakening or restructuring of the Church. Regardless of who wins, this is an inevitability. By starting the war, Edelgard has already won. In that same vein, the Alliance, the closest thing to a Republic (well, in this case, it's your count that votes, rather than your vote that counts), is disbanded no matter who wins.
    Edit: I know that I have the paid DLC because I'm currently using the maid outfits. That being said, how does one actually unlock Anna?
    Yeah, I know this, but I feel Edelgard's Fodlan when she wins is the worst option because it's still built on a huge sack of lies and half-truths, and it is fundamentally still hostile to outsiders, especially the Nabateans, who just want to be able to live in peace. It's probably easy to tell that I am a huge Claude stan from this.

Without the war, Claude would likely have tried to use his clout to get Rhea to fess up about the truth, maybe allying with Dimitri or Edelgard or whoever might have been interested themselves in said truth, and then revealing it to the people of Fodlan, also using it as an opportunity to try and throw open the borders. Really, if all three had just talked things out, I bet they could have banded together and made a real difference.

Blog Entries
    CF Fodlan is by far the best Fodlan out of all 4 endings
    WV and SS result in complete obliteration of all 3 major political structures of the continent
    Arguably SS is much better than WV because it spares the most of the students organically so you can in theory enlist them later to help rebuild
    WV is unmitigated disaster because Kingdom's and Empire's nobility is wiped out in Gronder and Enbarr conflicts
    AM Fodlan, while relatively stable because only Empire gets destroyed, does not deal explicitly with the molemen
    CF Fodlan only has Kingdom being wiped out, gets to keep political structure of the empire and its actors (who have been proven very capable), the only structure actively of aware and opposing the molemen, and generally everything plays out as best as it could
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; November 15th, 2019 at 01:01 AM.

Wait what? You have VERY different standards of good vs bad than I do. For me, VW is in fact the best Fodlan BECAUSE all three major political powers are effectively dissolved and a new, united Fodlan has been created in their place. Even better, the lies of the past have been fully exposed, and thus the people can move on to a new future in which Crests have MUCH less sway. In addition, thanks to Claude and Byleth, Fodlan is much more open to outsiders and new ideas, and thus it is generally a more hospitable place for all, including the Nabateans left (specifically Seteth and Flayn). It is telling that VW's final chapter is the only final chapter titled "New Dawn".

AM leaves everything mostly stable, but as you said, the molemen aren't dealt with, AND there is no real change in culture aside from new leadership for the Church.

SS is basically VW but with less truth revealed.

CF is founded on a bunch of lies, the destruction of the Kingdom was an incredibly bloody and bitter affair, thus potentially leading to a Seliph-like figure, and it is still insular, just in a different way. Edelgard and Rhea are not so different, after all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Like I said, you accuse Edelgard of wanting to wipe all other political players, but you consider the ending where all political players are wiped out to be the best one. Huh? As for the destruction of the Kingdom being bloody, if you recruit everyone, the only people who are Kingdom and Church hardliners. As for lies... Certainly no more than the Church controlling Fodlan. A lot of those lies, such as the glorification of Nemesis, stem from the Church. While I do agree with your line about the Nabateans, aren't the Almyrans basically flying Mongols? Obviously, there are also people from Dagda and Brigid working in the Empire, especially in CF, so that's fine, too.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 15th, 2019 at 07:25 PM.

The way I see it, Edelgard wanted to forcefully conquer all the other players under a neo-Adrestian Empire, something I oppose, as opposed to VW, where after the war, the 3 major entities simply ceased to exist. The Kingdom had been steamrollered by the Empire within a year, with only the Eastern lords resisting, and the Dukedom of Faerghus lead by Cornelia basically fell apart without much fanfare in VW, so the Kingdom itself was kind of insolvent. The Empire was invaded and occupied, but conquest was never really the goal, and it can't really be said the Alliance even conquered Fodlan so much as Claude and its army defeated the other major player, and in the end, Fodlan was basically left with no real discrete polities and was thus united by Byleth, which I view as very different from what happened in CF. Also, even if you recruit most of the Blue Lions, the conquest of Faerghus is still very bitter in comparison to the conquest/taking of Enbarr in other routes, since everyone just feels terrible about themselves, Fhirdiad literally goes down in flames, and if Dimitri is to be believed, there are other Blaiddyds out there for people to rally behind, because Faerghus is likely still pissed. As for the lies, yeah it's no more than the Church controlling Fodlan, but that's a bad thing. It's simply replacing one set of lies with another, and equally dangerous ones at that. Also, Edelgard would make Nemesis even more of a hero and hold up the Relics as an example of humanity's strength, which is awful.

I will admit the Almyrans are not perfect angels and are flying Mongols. However, even though raiding and pillaging was a major Mongol MO, they also in the territories they controlled fostered cultural, economic, and intellectual exchange, both between subjugated populations and between themselves and their new subjects. Also, Almyra appears to be a more established political entity than the Mongol Empire, so maybe it's slightly tamer. In any case, part of VW's message is that even with the legitimate grievances and grudges both sides may have (mostly Fodlani), there is always a chance at peace, and peace may in fact be a better option.

Finally, yeah the Empire does have some ethnic diversity, but I think the real problem is that Edelgard is much like the rest of Fodlan in that she is uncompromising about her ideals, her moral sense, and her view of history/reality, and this would not change. In that way, she is much like Rhea, just on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

P.S.: Forgot to say this, but as Almyra's king, Claude could do much to stop the raiding, and in several endings where he takes a Fodlan bride, apparently this does much to allay the Almyran disdain for the people of Fodlan.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; November 15th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But that's like saying that Dimitri ended up establishing a neo-Holy Kingdom after the Alliance de facto surrendered to him (regardless of the reason, "I'm disbanding my country; here is all my land and authority" by Claude is basically a surrender). Also, while it doesn't have the word "Empire" slapped onto it, how is Byleth's United Kingdom in VW and SS not an empire? Well, the Fhirdiad arson was more Rhea's thing, though. While Edie is uncompromising about certain things, she apparently leaves certain other aspects entirely to her advisers/allies, such as Ferdie's suggestion of a better education system. About that, even if you spare Claude, why are you still invaded by Nader?

I'm not saying Byleth's United Fodlan isn't necessarily an Empire, but its creation is under vastly different circumstances from Edelgard's neo-Adrestian Empire. Also, it could be argued Byleth's United Kingdom isn't an empire because it is not a conquest state, unlike Edelgard's Empire, but depending on its future trajectory, this is up for debate. Also, about Dimitri's neo-Holy Kingdom, I do admit it's the same situation, but I don't like Azure Moon for different reasons, mainly because none of the big truths are actually learned, not much changes from a Church POV, since it's lies are still in place, and Faerghus was the Kingdom most loyal to it. Really, I think the united Fodlan of VW and SS is better because it's not built from one of the existing polities, so there's far less baggage and more of a new start.

As for the Fhirdiad arson, weren't several of the Blue Lions who survived Gronder aware of and supportive of the plan? Even if you did recruit them, there's still the chance that their replacements in Faerghus would also have approved of the plan in order to kill the BE Strike Force. As for Nader, yeah, I'm pretty sure that was his own ego to try and make up for his one defeat and failure to help Claude defend Derdriu.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, you technically do conquer the Empire, and either Claude surrenders to you after most of his forces are defeated at Gronder, or Dimitri is wounded at Gronder by your actions but later killed by the Empire whilst retreating. While Edelgard may have started this domino effect, everyone wants the pieces to fall in their favor. About that, after Rhea sets fire to the city, technically, you don't need to do anything. Just surround the city until it falls about on its own, or you start smelling dragon steak.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 16th, 2019 at 08:41 PM.

I will admit that everyone basically is taking advantage of Edelgard started, and I understand why she does what she does and why she is how she is, but that doesn't mean I am willing to cut her any slack. About Rhea, she is the Sky Dragon, and she can fly, so she could potentially fly away and/or fan the flames towards you with her power over the sky or something (how is she different from Macuil, the Wind Dragon, I do not know).

Also, when it comes to Rhea, the only reason she's so monstrous in CF is because you and Edelgard basically jumped on all her trauma buttons like it's fucking Dance Dance Revolution. I mean, I'd get mad if the guy I trusted to wield my mother's own spine turned against me, thus becoming just like the guy who killed my family, on top of a bunch of other setbacks, including the death of a trusted ally and dare-say-it friend, and the one who encouraged them to do so is in fact the descendant of my dear friend, and she wants to tear down everything I had spent a millennium trying to build.While it is true that Rhea is extremely unstable and has a huge mommy-complex, and her actions as Seiros are unforgivable, especially at the end, that is clearly not all there is to her, and that side only came out when we pushed her so. In that way, we are the bad guys in CF.