Thread: Split General Discussion Anime/Manga/Games/Doujin into Anime/Manga/Doujin and Games(/Movies)

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Split General Discussion Anime/Manga/Games/Doujin into Anime/Manga/Doujin and Games(/Movies)

The AGMD forum has a nice bit of traffic compared to other completely vacant forums like the GD Doujin Projects one for example. Threads get buried pretty fast, especially if you make vidya threads during an ongoing season of Animu. So why not split?

If you think the traffic is too little one could always make space for Movies and TV Shows that are currently in GD GD in the vidya board, though that is not that necessary in my opinion.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    But buster, where will the visual novels go?

Blog Entries
    Visual Novels are gaems. If VNs get Animu adaptions there is a spoiler-free thread in pristine condition one whole forum away from the spoiler-full one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is almost as bad of an idea like that one you had about LEL UPBOATS XDDD

I don't really think that AMGD is too active.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    This is almost as bad of an idea like that one you had about LEL UPBOATS XDDD
    I see people bringing that up every now and then still. But as we all know you dislike the sheer notion of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    I don't really think that AMGD is too active.
    Eh, it's less about activity and more about how the activity is spread out. TM GD is way more active but over 50% of GD posts are contained to two threads. FF has massively more but got a total of 3 indexing threads. If you make a thread about a game it can jump back to page 3 of AMGD in a day.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I see people bringing that up every now and then still. But as we all know you dislike the sheer notion of democracy.

Eh, it's less about activity and more about how the activity is spread out. TM GD is way more active but over 50% of GD posts are contained to two threads. FF has massively more but got a total of 3 indexing threads. If you make a thread about a game it can jump back to page 3 of AMGD in a day.
    King and Country, friend.

Anyways, the only issue I have is about people posting things that should be in AMGD in GD.

Blog Entries
    I'll bring this thread up with the others and see what they say on it.

Blog Entries
    Alright, thanks.

Not that it's a super urgent affair or anything but with the recent establishment of the Elders subforum I thought this might be worth a look.

Blog Entries
    Splitting forums is bad, because we are all lemmings and will post more in a forum simply because it feels more active. Once you spin it off into a bunch of different subforums, each one of them moves slower, everybody loses interest and they all die. I say go in the opposite direction and merge everything. Let the threads fight for their right to survive and become strong.